BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Banner by zigbigadorlube

Howdy, gang! It's that terrible, wonderful, busy time of year again -- time for our (mostly) annual holiday cooking contest thinger! Read on for the how-to bits and entry forms. :)

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-24-2014 at 02:29 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:49 PM

❄ How to Participate ❄

To enter, simply prepare your real-life creations, add your username and snap a photo. Host the image somewhere (I like IMGUR), and paste or link your entries in this thread using the provided form. :3

RESTRICTIONS
  • No more than two entries per person, per category.
  • Don't edit your username into your image - it's got to be part of the original photo. If you mess up and forget the username, talk to me & we'll see if we can work something out.
  • No storebought goodies, please! Using recipes or box mixes is fine, as is getting as little bit of help from another person as needed (2 year old "help" decorate? That's fine. Enlisted someone to chop nuts for you? That's ok too.), as long as you've done the majority of the work yourself. :3

ENTRY DEADLINE

All entries must be submitted in this thread by the end of the Festival of Winter Nights event.
(Should be Jan 2nd. Check the Event FAQ for the most current info.)

PRIZES

For each category:
1st Place - 5K gold
2nd Place - 2K gold
Runners-up - 750 gold
& if we get enough entries, prize medals may be awarded to Overall Staff Favorites:

Q & A

Q. What criteria are the entries being judged on?
A. For edible entries, I'm looking at sentimentality (is this a family recipe? Does it remind you of your nan, or a special memory? I love that stuff! ), how yummy I imagine it tasting (not necessarily to me; you won't fail for accidentally using an ingredient I don't personally like), and overall presentation (both staging and the food itself). For crafts: creativity, technique, results (if you attempt something really difficult I'll take that into consideration when judging the final product).

Q. All I have is my phone camera. How important is photo quality to you?
A. While entries aren't being judged on photo quality directly, since I can't actually taste the food the visuals do matter. I'm not going to be picky about image resolution but a nicely staged photo will have an edge over a similar quality dish with a careless photo. (eg, Don't set your plate of beautiful, yummy food on a dirty floor next to a pair of sneakers to take your pic.)

Q. Does my entry need to be "Christmassy" in order to win?
A. Not at all. Whatever seasonal means to you is just fine with me. :) Feel free to add comments to your entries to explain anything you feel concerned about.

Q. I'm not the best cook/crafter, should I enter anyway?
A. Go for it! I love to see any and all creations - it's especially neat to share holiday foods because so many of them have personal relevance to the chef. I'll be sending everyone who enters a little something just for participating, too. :)

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-23-2014 at 03:37 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 PM

❄ Holiday Sweets ❄

For the sweetest of the sweet ~
those festive candies, cookies, and other goodies go here!

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="5"]I brought sweets![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments:Egg Nog Cookies! For those people that don't like eggnog call them seasonal spice cookies since they don't have the texture that most people associate with eggnog but of a lovely cookie. ;) I got the recipe from here...but they don't look as nice as hers. XD Eggnog Cookies | Jen's Favorite Cookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcotic Dolly View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: So I have the unfair advantage of this being my JOB (making coffees and muffins) but I'm in charge of the Christmas Deco this year! We even had an event on where we invited kids under 5 to come and decorate gingerbread men for free! I had the most fun with that, I swear. And here in lies my creations!proof 1proof 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Ingredients: [x]
Cooking: [x] [x]

Comments: Today is the Winter Solstice on the Chinese calender, so to celebrate, I made myself dumplings in soup (tong yuen)! They can be eaten either savoury or sweet, but my family traditionally makes them in sweet, ginger broth. Culturally, they are eaten together with family, and the round balls and bowl signify family together during these special days. I ran out of cane sugar blocks, so I made do. These dumplings are filled with sweet red bean. They also come in a variety of other fillings like peanut, black sesame, and others.
Quote:
Inspired By Cora and Milos!

I brought sweets!

Comments: Milos Horns! XD I used a christmas tree shape and cut off the trunk to make horns. It's make from Marzipan with Nutella in the center and covered in chocolate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I brought sweets!
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments:
Gingerbread terrariums. The bushes are marzipan, each bit of it handmade Made eight. Idea came from here.
gingerbread terrariums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: [optional] Ooooey goooey cheesecake swirled fudgey brownies ^.^
Quote:
I brought sweets!
Comments: [optional] Punkin spice cookies made from scratch, "For Santa" ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Traditional Christmas Cutout Cookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Lemon Mousse. In my family we have fish on christmas eve every year and what goes better with fish then lemon?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post
I brought sweets!
[paste or link IMG here]
Comments: These are maple bacon cookies (maple syrup plus bacon) my whole house smells awesome and the cookies are gooood the iceing is maple too and bacon sprinkles They taste like maple candy the bacon flavor is not that noticeable its kind of just an accent=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Lynn View Post
I brought sweets!
Photo
Comments
: Pumpkin Roll~
My mother and I usually always make these for the holidays, but this year she's been a bit under the weather. SOOO I ran the whole operation by myself this year (Somebody had to make em xD)
I think they're fun to make (I really like rolling them up ^^) and really yummy :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: Caraway cookies, made from this historical recipe. They turned out a little bit crispy, and with a light, mildly sweet flavor. They make nice cookies, but they could also be a nice savory snack with slices of cheese or other savory toppings. They went over well with our dinner guests last night, which was gratifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: wedding cookies; essentially just an almond cookie rolled in confectioner's sugar

I brought sweets!
Comments: candied pecans with coconut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: On Christmas Eve I got to do something I've been looking forward to for nearly 6 months-- I got to move my Grandmother back to her home from a nursing care facility. While we don't typically have cookies in our Christmas celebration, we ALWAYS have cookies when we visit with my Grandmother's house. So this year in addition to the cake or pie I decided it would be a nice way to celebrate her company with some cookies! I used a sugar cookie (they ended up tasting like Walkers shortbread cookies) and dipped them in semi-sweet chocolate... because chocolate.
Quote:
I brought sweets!
Comments: Peanut butter reindeer cookies, with pretzels and M&Ms (which I usually don't use but turned out okay with this project). Adapted loosely from this recipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: I tried but these things came out like Franken-treats. At least they were eaten! XD

I brought sweets!
Comments: Cinnamon Apples with honey and brown sugar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: I make this 3 layered mochi every year. This year I made it with brown sugar and made it less sweet for the older people in our family who are conscious of their health, like my parents and my aunts and uncles. I wish everyone good health in the new year. :)

I brought sweets!
Username Proof Shot
Comments: This year I tried to make Custard Mochi for the first time. I made two batches, the first one I tried on my co workers hehehe. The pan shows the second batch I made tonight. I think my results from tonight were better. The browning on the top layer is nicer! It tasted awesome!! The top half was like flan or custard (if you've ever eaten egg/custard tart it was sort of like that) and the bottom had a mochi "crust" which was chewy and yummy! (The proof shot with my username is on the bottom because when I used the photo put together program on my phone, it cropped my name off. Let me know if this is still acceptable because I can try to make one with my username within the boundaries.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: These are Red Velvet Thumbprint cookies that I made for a cookie swap. I was going to make them by the book, but I got hte brilliant idea to make the cream cheese filling green. I went a little overboard with the green. I had so much trouble getting the cookie base to turn red, that I added way too much green coloring to the cream cheese part. They're a bit eye burninating, but they were tasty. Bonus picture of my mixer mixing. :D

I brought sweets!
Comments: These are the million Peanut butter cup cookies that I made for the Christmas Party at work! I peeled two bags of reese's peanut butter cups and I still ran out of candies! I ended up using red and green candy melts, which looks really cute and still tastes great! I still have some of these left. I made way too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
I brought sweets!
Comments: These are Rosettes, they are Swedish cookies and a traditional Christmas treat for my guy's family during this time of year. They are made by mixing a batter of dough and a hot iron that has the pretty design. You dip the hot iron into the batter, then into a cast iron pan of hot oil. If it works right they slip off the iron into the oil and fry up into pretty golden brown shapes. They are then covered with powdered sugar. This year, we had a bit of a struggle making them. The iron got too hot, so half the time the cookie was cooking in the batter before we could get it into the oil. We had to make two batches of the batter. After a bit of work, we managed this tray full of cookies. We added lemon extract to them so they came out with a slight lemon hint. They were a lot of fun despite the struggle. I am going to include a link to a wikki on them, cause they are pretty nifty little things and well, more info is better than less right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosette_(cookie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
I brought sweets!
Untitled - Hikari-Hellion's Sta.sh
Comments: It's shortbread! It's chocolate! It's both!

I brought sweets!
Comments: A minty twist on chocolate chip cookies~

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:58 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:58 PM

❄ Savory Treats ❄

From snacks to soups & salads to hearty main dishes,
things to eat that aren't overly sweet belong here. :)

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Green"][B][SIZE="5"]I have a savory dish to share![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

EntriesX

Quote:
I have a savory dish to share!

Comments: We usually have quiche, scotch eggs and rice pudding on christmas day. This one I made early to test because it's a carbless one so no shell. I wanted to see if it was good enough for christmas and it's not bad. It's wrapped in bacon so really how can you go wrong. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post

Comments: It's going to be a pretty lonely Christmas and Christmas eve for me this year, so I made some bolognese with spinach fettuccine for dinner as a personal celebration! I don't made these too often, as the ingredients can get a little costly here, but it was very worth it. Made some chicken meatballs to go with it too. It was delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
proof photo
Comments: Sausage and Olive stuffing, a recipe my family has been making for decades. It uses boxed stuffing, to begin with, but the olives and sausages elevate it above just boxed mix.
Quote:
I have a savory dish to share![paste or link IMG here] Click on thumbnail for full view Comments: [optional] Tri color pasta salad with Italian seasoning and black olives cut up and parmesan cheese on top ^.^

Quote:
I have a savory dish to share![paste or link IMG here] Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Comments: [optional] Homemade turkey pot pie I make these with biscuits too but this one I used cornbread instead on top .... I took vegetables , onions, turkey diced them all up added them to turkey gravy put them in my deep dish mini pizza pan poured cornbread mix on top bake it yummmmy ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
with username
Comments: a dish that rarely needs introduction, the Peking duck; an arduous process of drying, separating, and candying makes the dish known for its savory meat and crispy skin

Comments: because if you fry it, they will come; eggrolls, fried shrimp heads, and firecrackers (shrimp marinated in spices, wrapped, then fried)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Comments: Chicken Florentine. It's something that I didn't start cooking until I moved in with my fiance. We don't make it often but for this time of year we like it. It's warm, yummy, and looks a bit like christmas. bows everywhere and white and green. Also I really like these new bowls from my sister-in-law, they have handles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
Comments: A post Christmas dinner for three! Lamb Chops, small potatoes, carrots peas, yorkshire puddings and gravy made from the meat and veg juices and oxo cube! Just a shame i had no stuffing left!

Comments:
It had gammon and chicken for meat, with parsnips, stuffing balls, carrots peas mash potato and roast potato. It was a pile and a half! Gravy was awesomely made out of the juices and i added some mint sauce for extra yummyness! Just forgot to do the yorkshire puddings, but who ever makes a christmas dinner without forgetting SOMETHING XD
Quote:
Comments:
Holiday Leftover Onigri! The triangle ones Stuffed with left over turkey and pepper gravy filling and the round one is with leftover pineapple ham filling. A flavor change from the typical hot turkey sandwiches. Fun and easy to eat and make. This is the first time I tried making them. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: Ever since I had Teeokguk aka Duk Gook aka rice cake soup, I've been obsessed with those delicious chewy rice cakes or dduk. When I learned that it's a dish traditionally eaten at New Year, I knew I wanted to make it! "The disc-shaped rice cakes look like coins, so they symbolize a wish for upcoming prosperity for anyone who eats them." Or so Maanchi informs me. I made rice and scallion pancakes to accompany it. I didn't bother photographing the rice because it looks like rice....

Comments: I also made Baked Macaroni and Cheese for our work Christmas party. Here it is in the pot. I forgot to take pictures after I took it out of the oven because I had to run to the party. My skinny little manager ate four servings in one sitting though! There were no leftovers and I made two batches! Wish the cookies had disappeared so easliy!
Quote:
Comments: These are so freaking good! Yummy pretzel buns made with beer.

Comments: Cheesy potato pancakes; I added a bit more garlic and hello yum! I think I'll cut back on the pepper in the recipe next time, though.

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:57 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 09:00 PM

❄ Made for Sipping ❄

This is the beverage category. If you're meant to drink it, it belongs here! :)

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][SIZE="5"]I made something to drink![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcotic Dolly View Post
I made something to drink!
LINK Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: So I have the unfair advantage of this being my JOB (making coffees and muffins) but I'm in charge of the Christmas Deco this year! We even had an event on where we invited kids under 5 to come and decorate gingerbread men for free! I had the most fun with that, I swear. And here in lies my creations!
Proof 1 . Proof 2
Quote:

Comments: So this was originally suppose to be a Virgin Grasshopper inspired by Hummy. I reached for the wrong food coloring and made an Elsa Shake instead. Ice cream, mint extract, ice, milk and blue food coloring. An Oops but still minty and tasty. XD
Quote:
Comments: [optional] Gizzie made double chocolate (two types), peppermint , cream coco .... I usually use thin mints crumbled into it but >.< them girl scout cookies are ummm in my tummy long ago >.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Comments: Mulled White Wine. Instead of the traditional mulled red wine with cloves and such, I went with this. This recipe called for white wine, peach juice, lemon slices, ginger slices, cinnamon, and honey. My brother said it tasted like he was drinking a pastry.
Quote:
Comments: Melted Hot Chocolate with Sea Salt Whipped Cream, from this recipe: Adventures in Cooking: Melted Hot Chocolate With Sea Salt Whipped Cream
Hope the proof photo isn't too blurry.

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:44 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 09:02 PM

❄ Get Crafty: Holiday Centerpiece ❄

For this category, you must create a decorative holiday centerpiece. It can be anything you want, from a traditional candle-and-bough table centerpiece, to zany mantle scene. (I'm thinking non-edible here, though if you want to make an edible centerpiece that would be OK too. )

Note: The winner of this category will receive a Mr. Mayor's Crafting Adventure in addition to the gold prize.

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Cyan"][B][SIZE="5"]Check out my holiday centerpiece![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
Check out my holiday centerpiece!
Comments: This is our table centerpiece. :3 Hanukkah started last week, so we've got a few more days left. I had fun trying to get a good angle on this thing - it took some maneuvering! Happy Holidays, and thanks for this little thread. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamond View Post
Comments: What Christmas holiday is complete without a little wine and some candles... and a creepy Santa winking at you ;)
Quote:
Comments: [optional] I made the mayor's mantion and tiny mene staff ( printer broke so I apologize for the staff that isn't in my scene =( and omg Ceccy was hard to make she's super small in my set and officially my smallest coloring project
Quote:
Check out my holiday centerpiece! Click on thumbnail for full view Comments: [optional] Gizzie hand painted a mason jar into a winter snowman frosty flower vase centerpiece ^.^
Quote:
Check out my holiday centerpiece! Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: [optional] Gizzie free handed the outer shape of a reindeer head body etc. onto wood hubby took the skillsaw or whatever it's called table saw I don't know ??? anyway he cut out my shapes then I wood glued them together and painted the whole thing and for the sleeves its cloth material (tiny santa is part of a future project with elfs etc. next year maybe???)

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:29 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 PM

❄ Get Crafty: General Holiday Crafts ❄

Enter your assorted other holiday crafts here! (Examples: Aprons, wall hangings, holiday coasters, handmade ornaments, etc.)
If there are lots of entries, I may separate this into subcategories for judging so that more prizes can be spread around.

Because this is a general category, you may submit up to 3 entries for this one.

Note: The winner of this category will receive a Mr. Mayor's Crafting Adventure in addition to the gold prize.

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Purple"][B][SIZE="5"]Check out my handiwork![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

EntriesX

Quote:
Check out my handiwork!
zoom:
Comments: its a sleeping sack for the little ones!
Quote:
Check out my handiwork!
Comments: My Christmas Dress
sorry the name is backwards... mirrors and whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Check out my handiwork!
Comments: Entry one/three :3
It is an ornament I colored in a coloring book, and cut out and glued to cardboard. Going to give it as is to the Grandma after the little one adds glitter or whatever else she wants to it. It's double sided.
Quote:
Check out my handiwork!

Comments: Yay! One of my team Milos first day entries.
Quote:
Check out my handiwork!
Comments: A wreath I made. It has mistletoe, cedar, and fir branches. A bit smushed at the top due to the picture right above it.
Quote:
Check out my handiwork!
[paste or link IMG here] My daughter has this dollie and it's IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND CLOTHES FOR IT well I got some felt cloth tulle lace and stuff and sewed it outfits for her for Christmas I made the top the tutu the pants and the shoes , so now little dollie has outfits for Christmas=)
Comments: [optional]
Quote:
Check out my handiwork!
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Comments: [optional] These are my hand stitched Christmas stockings (gifts) I used a pair of denium jeans I had and I cut out boot shapes plus I used the jeans belt loop piece for the stocking hanger thing and I also used some felt I hand sewed them together and I also stitched my name inside making them my personalized masterpiece (sis inlaw likes western stuff even her tree is boots and cowboy santas so this made a great gift) ^.^
Quote:
Check out my handiwork!
[paste or link IMG here]Comments: [optional]Gizzie made her swimmy kiddos Christmas stockings ^.^ I hand sewed them from felt ^.^
Quote:
Check out my handiwork![paste or link IMG here]Comments: [optional] Gizzie made a baby yan YANTA ELF and froggy both are hand sewed and have wireing sewed inside also so they can bend arms legs and turn head and sit up ^.^ The frog has a fly in its hand and hand stitching on its jacket "Carla" it was a gift .... baby yan has removable clothes, hat , and elf ears ear muffs .... Yans song book has wire sewed into the cover so it works like areal book it opens and closes and the felt pages turn and have hand stitching musical notes on the pages (holly on book cover) then I made baby yan a candy cane because he threw a hissy fit ^.^

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
Check out my handiwork!
Comments: People that I work with are really into crafts and making their own tags and cards (for all occasions). I joined in on the "Holiday Gift Tag Craft Day" making party where many of my coworkers brought their tools for cutting cute shapes and various types of papers. These are my results from our craft day! My favorites are the snowman tags! I tried various ways to do the snow in the background and even added a present on some of them.
Quote:
I found my camera just in time!

Check out my handiwork!
Comments: I am far too much of a nerd; I made a set of dice out of glue, cardstock, and sharpies for the Christmas tree XD

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:56 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 09:08 PM

❄ BONUS: Holiday Messes ❄
I was planning on adding a bonus category related to one of the islands participating in the gift exchange, but since CK and Cora are doing such a fabulous job with that already, I'm going with something a little more personal.. *cackle*

Show me your holiday messes! This can be a mess you made, something you had to clean up (kids or cat mutilate the tree?), or simply something you witnessed (though you'll need to sneak in and plant your username! ;D). It's pretty flexible, but if the connection to "holiday" isn't obvious please explain your thinking in your entry post. :)

Here's my example post to give you an idea of one possible mess: clicky

Note: The winner of this category will receive something extra (TBA) in addition to the gold prize.

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Brown"][B][SIZE="5"]This mess is MINE![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]What happened here?[/B] [explain your mess]

EntriesX

Quote:
This mess is MINE![paste or link IMG here]What happened here? [explain your mess]What happened here ??? I call this HUBBY HAPPENED HERE >.< Yes my wonderful hubby did such a lovely job NICE AND NEATLY putting up my ribbons last year aint it obvious ? Lol last year hubby says " I put all your crafty stuff in a box for you " I'm like ok thinking it's all nicely done .... I opened the box this year to make my homemade bows and dadada o.o a big ole tangled ball of WTH ..... Hubby replied that he wasn't the one to box that up and I am oh sure I would do that to my own craft stuff ? So im making hubby wear the naughty hat in the picture lol he won't but I can pretend he is :p Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
This mess is MINE!
What happened here? Every year for the past 6 or so years, maybe more, I hold a small New Years Eve party with some of my close friends. We used to do "fryfest" where we'd fry up all kinds of weird foods (I have to say a fried banana is AMAZING) however, we noticed about 2 years ago, that our stomachs didn't like the aftermath of Fryfest so much. So we switched it to Foodfest. This year we made 25 pounds of corned beef and cabbage for the crew. It took two crock pots to do it too! In the end we had no cabbage left and only a small Tupperware container of corned beef! SUCCESS! Also, we did NOT have upset tummies. So that was a bonus!
What you see in this picture is the aftermath of two crock pots full of corned beef and cabbage. Corned beef soup (EW) hahahahah!

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:54 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 AM

❄ Recipe Share ❄

Got a favorite holiday recipe to share? Post in the thread and I'll link it here for easy finding. :)

Eggnog Cookies - from Jen's Favorite Cookies
Stressed Out Gingerbread Men - from Tablespoon

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-18-2014 at 06:20 PM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 12-16-2014, 05:50 AM

Oh man, I'm going to throw so many entries at you, probably.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-16-2014, 06:16 AM

OH heck yeah Neph is ready!!! Well sort of.

I made these and some butter tarts for a staff work party. I only thought to take pictures of the cookies for some reason. >.< XD I'll make something else for my second sweets dish. :)

I brought sweets!

Comments:Egg Nog Cookies! For those people that don't like eggnog call them seasonal spice cookies since they don't have the texture that most people associate with eggnog but of a lovely cookie. ;)

I got the recipe from here...but they don't look as nice as hers. XD

Eggnog Cookies | Jen's Favorite Cookies

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 12-16-2014, 06:17 AM

This is my fav thread to be honest. I missed it during halloween!

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:00 AM

Oh the event
Next week!!!!

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-16-2014, 07:04 AM

Can the centerpiece be made out of papier-mache?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-16-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
This is my fav thread to be honest. I missed it during halloween!
Me too! I made pumpkin curry for it and took pictures. Oh well I have it saved for if it comes around next Halloween. :)

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Oh man, I'm going to throw so many entries at you, probably.
Ditto this. So many foods and drinks to share!

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-16-2014, 08:21 AM

Okay, this time I've got a lovely warm drink to share. Just have to make it

Also... THE EVENT IS NEXT WEEK AND FOR TEN DAYS!!!!!!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-16-2014, 08:35 AM

Yeeeeeeeeeeees. I've been waiting for this to come back. Gots me a turkey this year!

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-16-2014, 01:37 PM

Oh excellent! Good idea guys. I've been getting in to cooking and baking this past week so i think i shall add a sweet and savoury dish at some point.

Now to rummage through my recipe books and decide what to do! Probably end up being a main practice christmas tea and a dessert for after :)

(i need to practice! This is my first xmas dinner hehe)

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-16-2014, 02:28 PM

Oh hey that's right. Event time...and me on a stupid old tablet to post!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira View Post
Can the centerpiece be made out of papier-mache?
Yes, absolutely! :)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-16-2014, 03:38 PM

How exciting! I'm eager to see what everyone comes up with! I am so glad to hear that the event will start next week. Will have time to come online more often then. ^_^

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 12-16-2014, 04:21 PM

I am so excited! I cannot wait for the FOWN! :D ♥ I am so ready for this competition. Already ave some recipes in mind.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 04:57 PM

Awesome, guys! I won't have any extended family around this year so I'll be living vicariously through this thread -- probably won't do a whole lot of baking/cooking myself.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-16-2014, 06:06 PM

to cook or not to cook