X3

I'm glad you liked it! I was so surprised! <3

And hmmmm, Top hats....

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 09-15-2009, 02:30 AM

WOO!
I'm so glad I found this thread. (=
I've been meaning to get back into the drabble world, since they can be so friggin' fun sometimes!

Top hats sounds splendid. I'll probably think something up in the coming days and participate!

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM

Congrats Chu! :XD I'll be back to do the next one at some point... XP

Nalah Sin
Mostly harmless

Old 09-15-2009, 05:58 PM

Well done, Chunsa-chan! And once again thanks for the contest, Nolori - it's been a lot of fun, and I'll definitely return for the second round once I'm back home (and with a keyboard, for writing with a stylus isn't exactly inspireing :P).

Actually, would it be okay to post two entries? The current topic immediately made me think of two "stories". =3

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 09-15-2009, 07:56 PM

@Nalah

Hm, sure. I don't see why not!

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 AM

I couldn't stop writing! I got close to 150 words, so if this seems a little choppy, it's cause I had to trim it down after I got started at full throttle!

And thanks to everyone who congradulated me! I was pretty happy to win. >:3

Title- Lady Magoo and Mr. Matt
Oh everyone knows of the lady who lives in a shoe, Lady Magoo. But no one ever remembers Mr. Matt, who lived in his Tophat.
Lady Magoo made shoes for her children aplenty, why everyday she made twenty! But Mr. Matt who was by himself, placed the hats he made upon the dusty shelf.
But after some years the children had grown, and Lady Magoo found herself alone. Yet looking to the Tophat above, she found another looking for love. So with a skip and a hop, she asked for his hand in marriage and to open an accessory shop!

Nolori

Old 09-17-2009, 01:56 AM

Was the lady her lived in a shoe really named Mrs. Magoo or did you make that up? Because clearly I need to re-read my nursey rhymes/whatever The Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe is.

Also, I love the idea of them opening an accessory shop. xD

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-17-2009, 02:20 AM

I just made it up, I thought it sounded like a good name for a lady crazy enough to live her life in a shoe. X3

Nolori

Old 09-17-2009, 02:59 AM

Haha. I concur! A giant shoe house might be pretty awesome though, if you had enough airing windows.

Nalah Sin
Mostly harmless

Old 09-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Chunsa-chan, I had the same problem. I just started writing, and in the end I found myself stressed to get rid of almost 70 excess words. :P

I'm not sure when I'll find the time to work on the second idea, but at least here's the first one:

Title: Wee folk logic
Drabble: „A top hat, you say?“ The squirrel flicked the brim of its hat and smirked. “While that might be true following your human logic, I say it's a bottom hat, instead!” With a courteous bow the adorable creature placed the hat on the floor, just to perch on it a moment later. “See, bottom hat. A very cosy one even! And now...” The rapid speed peculiar to rodents made it impossible for Agathe to follow its movements, and all of a sudden it was gone altogether. “... it's an all-around hat!” came a voice from within.

Nolori

Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM

'An all around hat' made me giggle. That's adorable.

I'm glad you guys were inspired by it enough to write so much! That really makes me happy.

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM

Ah! I like that, that was cute!

PegasusVentrice
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to PegasusVentrice Send a message via MSN to PegasusVentrice Send a message via Yahoo to PegasusVentrice

Old 09-20-2009, 10:55 PM

Title: Play time

Drabble: The child came running in; big blue eyes caught a glimpse at a self just out of reach. There looked to be something funny up there and all the sudden without knowing why she wanted it. She glanced around the room to see what she could find to help her get up there and get the object. She grinned and giggled finally finding a chair. It was just big enough for her to get up on and get the object. The child ran giggling from the room as the top hat covered her face making it all the more fun.

Conversation: Had to do some major editing. Before I knew it I had three pages wrote...Well over 100 words. Great idea by the way.

Nolori

Old 09-20-2009, 10:57 PM

You guys are making top hates the most adorable things in the world! <3

Three pages? Awesome! I didn't know Top Hats were so inspiring!

Amelyani
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Amelyani

Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 AM

Well. Took me awhile but here's mine. ^^

Magical Place
The attic was cluttered with various items. An antique typewriter that has seen better days. A sewing dummy covered in dust and cobwebs. Even an old lava lamp. But among the clutter were a pair of white gloves, a top hat and a magic wand. Tool of Marlo the Mysterious. Mary picked up her grandfather's gloves and pulled them over her small hands before picking the hat and placed it on her head. She then grabbed for the wand and waved it. Only Mary saw the magic she performed. Pulling a rabbit out of her hat. Now she was home.

Edit: Wow. I like those previous entries, particularly the one with the squirell. ^^ "Bottom hat!"

Last edited by Amelyani; 09-21-2009 at 03:56 AM..

Saiyana2
The Water Sprite

Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 AM

I am going to take a crack at this I love drabbles.

WINTER SUPRISE

It sat on the shelf for years until the old man died. The new houseowner finding the dust covered hat, carelessly tosses it out into the trash pile, as the season's first snow begins fall. Even though the rest of the pile became covered with the pure white blanket, the hat remains the same shiny black. Morning came and the children passed going to school. One child spying the old hat, darts over grabbing it for later. At recess all the children gather building the first snowman. When they placed on that old top hat,

Frosty began to dance around!

(With a prompt like this I just couldn't resist.)

Last edited by Saiyana2; 09-21-2009 at 08:38 AM..

Nolori

Old 09-21-2009, 02:50 PM

Thanks for your entry you guys!

Frosty always makes me think of Jack Frost. I don't know why. But Frosty is just, like, the epitome of freaky to me. xD

Shazza
*^_^*
Banned

Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 AM

Ok, here is my entry, is it OK if I participate?

Title: Top Hats: The Inside Scoop
Drabble: Friday was the day, millions of years ago was the date. A young man, with many wacky dreams and many wacky ideas was formulating a plot to seal his name in history forever!
His name Was Henry T Hattington!
One day, he rushed out to the pig-sty and began making a contraption. It was to protect your brain from radiotion waves.
After many years toiling on this invention he had succeeded! He called it a Top Hat.
Sadly it was not used in the way he hoped! With that, he felt betrayed, and hastily took his life!
That's a story!

Nolori

Old 09-26-2009, 11:10 PM

It sure is! Thanks so much for your entry!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 AM

Wow! This sounds awesome! I'll have to enter tomorrow, I'm afraid the lateness of the hour might degrade my work...

Nanami Ugachi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Title: Celebration
Drabble: A gracious smile upon his lips; a humble bow to the ladies; this is a gentleman’s way. Nathaniel Wysing swept his tall silk hat off his head as he bowed to ladies both left and right. Now was a time of celebration, the war was over, music filled the air, his uncle was, surprisingly, still alive and young Nathaniel couldn’t be happier. He took a young maiden’s by her hand, leading her out onto the balcony. They chattered and smiled and just for fun, he playfully plopped his hat onto her head, watching as a bashful smile curved her lips.

Nolori

Old 09-27-2009, 03:30 PM

I hope you get around to it fairywaif!

Thanks so much for you entry Nanami! =D

Nanami Ugachi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2009, 03:33 PM

Yup! n_n I love writing little drabbles. Although I must say it is difficult to shape something into 100 words.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 PM

Drabble: This hat had kept him alive. He caressed the tattered brim fondly. Doing magic tricks on the street, it'd kept his body and heart alive. And, it had even let him meet Alice. The love of his life. She was childlike, amused by his silly tricks. He had started to give up, on magic, and life, before that meeting. The hat had rolled down the street and she'd caught it. She asked if he did magic, and smiled, so beautifully. And that was the start. Now he was getting on in years, but he still performed, with that wonderful hat.

Here it is! I don't know if it'll win, but it was fun to write!

PegasusVentrice
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to PegasusVentrice Send a message via MSN to PegasusVentrice Send a message via Yahoo to PegasusVentrice

Old 09-27-2009, 10:48 PM

That is so sweet! I love it.