Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 PM

Well maybe you should enter this one to make up for it. MAYBE YOU SHOULD ENTER ALL OF THEM FOREVER. :illgetu:

Naisou
Can't rain all the time

Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 AM

@ Meguzu: :) and no they're not pre-existing characters. I'm far too lazy to actually write anything of substantial length.....lol, and not creative enough to come up with a full plot. The most I do is half-done fanfiction things...and most of those are just in my head.

These have just been the things my brain cooks up at 2-3 sometimes 4 in the morning when I can't go to sleep. So I get a notebook out and write them down, and then later type them up and mess around till I get 100 words. heheh.... :oops:

But werewolves are awesome!!! lol, I love wolves in general... (and I'm glad you were able to figure out she was a werewolf... I was worried it wouldn't be real clear when I wrote it)

@ Nolori: Yeah, It's hard for me to do out of the box. lol, But I think I have an idea for this one...If I can get the time to type it before the deadline is the real question...

Meguzu
I'M IN DESPAIR

Old 08-23-2010, 01:04 AM

Naisou : Eh, the more you write the more the bigger ideas start to come to you ;D Anyways, novels are not the height of art-- I can't write a short story to save my life. Maybe that'll end up being more your style.

I HAS ENTRY. I might replace it if I come up with something better, because I'm not entirely satisfied, but this prompt felt really resonant so. Also I might replace the title lol @-@ I do not approve.

Hey, Lori, for future reference, am I allowed to make the title part of the story text if I can pull it off? (The first part of the first line or whatever.) And if so, is that included or not in the wordcount?

Title: Listening

Drabble:

“Do you hear it?”

Yù sat forwards, confused. His stepfather smiled, tapped the wood whisper-light with teak-colored knuckles. After a moment, Yù did the same. The swell of the harp was rough; the footstep-sound reverberated through the workshop. Ān-Na’s brows knotted with concentration.

“There’s music,” Ān-Na said. “There’s a certain sound, if you—“ He knocked the wood again.

Yù drew his knees up. “I don’t hear anything.”

“You’ll learn,” Ān-Na said. There was a long pause; he scraped sandpaper down the frame methodically. As though there had been no silence: “If you stay, but I don’t think you will.”

Nolori

Old 08-23-2010, 01:43 AM

@Naisou:
Really? I thought they were pre-existing characters too! Especially with how well the two drabbles went together.

@Megu:
Tricky tricky. I'll let it slide if it's one word and if the drabble makes sense without it. And thanks for entering! I do love me some Yu!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 08-24-2010, 08:58 PM

Has this started up again? I'll have to enter, then!

Oh great, that totally rhymed. Now it sounds lame.

Nolori

Old 08-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Rhyming without knowing it is the best. Also, glad to see you back! I haven't seen you in a while.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM

Title: Wood For A Fire
Drabble:

He stood in shock as she cursed his soul with her fierce eyes and sharp, wonderful lips. He had kissed those lips but days ago. She spat out the words. He stood there like so many chairs, rooted to the spot. He felt strange. He tried to back away from his former lover, arms wheeling but his legs firm. He felt himself changing. Panicked, he couldn't move against it. Flesh turned to wood and veins to sap. His hair turned green, his frightened eyes into knot holes. He became a great oak. She smiled bitterly. Some things couldn't be forgiven.

Yeah, I sort of went on hiatus for the summer. But now I'm back!

Nolori

Old 08-26-2010, 01:25 AM

Thanks muchly for your entry!
I only opened this back up about a month ago, so you haven't missed much. I hope I can look forward to seeing you in future rounds too!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 PM

I'll be here! I love drabbles, even if I haven't won any yet. I think it's partly because I'm long winded. I do love the challenge of trying to communicate in such an exact amount!

Nolori

Old 08-27-2010, 11:16 PM

Well you'll have plenty of chances to win. I plan on keeping this going for, at very least, another seven prompts.

I think it's an interesting experiment, too. I heard it was from Monty Python originally? I can't be sure, but I am all for doing anything Monty Python did to get the creative juices flowing. xD

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 08-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Hey! My name's Woody, and this is my first Drabble XD
I love writing, and this seems like a fun challenge, so I hope I do more!

Title: The Great Oak
Drabble:

Laurilai touched the juncture where her last arrow had pierced the heart of the great oak. She grunted, trying to pull the arrow out.

A twig snapped behind her.

She spun about, back pressed tightly to the rough bark, her heart racing. She held her bow before her like a shield, “Come out and face me!”

Laurilai jumped as a fawn came crashing through the underbrush, bolting past her. She relaxed. Perhaps she had lost..
Jareck paused above the warrior’s slumped form. Smiling, he snapped her arrow in half and left her behind, pinned to her final resting place.

Nolori

Old 08-28-2010, 08:30 PM

Thanks for your entry! I'm glad you like and I really hope to see you here for future rounds!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 PM

Ooh, tomorrow's the last day! I wonder if there will be any more entries?

Nolori

Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 PM

I doubt it. Sometimes I'll get one on the last day, but since I've already had three that's usually all I get. Naisou might still show up though!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2010, 03:47 AM

Locking at user request ~ drop myself or another Mod a PM if/when you're back and want to reopen this. :)