RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-07-2016, 10:33 PM

I have started to get more interested in series that contains one or more characters that are A.I. - Artificial Intelligence, aka robots that looks and acts like humans.

I will list the ones I have seen or read,, and I will use the spoiler tag for some.

Uta no Prince-sama

SPOILERX

Ai Mikaze
He is a robot, and a member of QUARTET*NIGHT.

Chobits
Well, Chi, obviously. She's the main character and are found by Hideki.

DRAMAtical Murder

SPOILERX

Clear, also a human built robot. He's able to learn feelings, and are actually equipped for sex. xD

DearS
(I know these are more like aliens, but they are sort of A.I.)
Exactly one year prior to the beginning of DearS, humanity made unprecedented contact with extraterrestrial life. Forced to crash land into Tokyo Bay when, en route to their home planet of Thanatos, their spacecraft breaks down, 150 humanoid aliens are naturalized into Japanese society and affectionately nicknamed "DearS"; a portmanteau of the words "Dear" and "Friends".

Takeya Ikuhara is a temperamental seventeen-year-old Japanese student attending the fictitious Koharu High School with a strong prejudice against the DearS. Due to a childhood scare, he believes that the aliens are fake, worthless beings that have generated nationwide overhype and are secretly plotting to take control of Earth.

On his way home from school he discovers a homeless DearS who, after fainting and much to his annoyance, he feeds and shelters in his apartment. The girl, who he nicknames Ren, is infantile and friendly, and grows obsequious and dependent upon Takeya, a responsibility he tries to disassociate himself from. Her oblivious tenacity keeps her around, however, and over time, realizing Ren's genuine care and empathy for him, Takeya has a change of heart. Unfortunately, because Ren is deemed defective, DearS headquarters orders her arrested.

Absolute Boyfriend
A real romantic and tragic love story.
Riiko Izawa has never had a boyfriend and she has been rejected by every boy she has ever had a crush on. When she returns a lost cell phone to an oddly dressed salesman, she mentions wanting a boyfriend. To thank her, he directs her to his company's website, Kronos Heaven. When she visits the site, Riiko finds it's a site to create your perfect lover. Thinking it's a game, she customizes and accidentally orders one. The next day, her new lover arrives. Following the instruction manual, she kisses him to wake him up which configures him to be in love with only her. She names him "Night." Three days later, she is shocked to learn that she only had him for a free trial for 72 hours. The salesman, Gaku Namikiri, tells her that she must now pay ¥100,000,000 for Night, however, they will waive the fee if she helps them to collect data about how women think and feel to help perfect future models.
Riiko must now keep Night's true nature a secret from everyone around her.

Hybrid Child
A more yaoi series, but brilliant. One manga volume and four OVA-episodes exists.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 07-10-2016, 06:27 AM

The .hack meta-series, to start.

Macross Plus, because Sharon Apple, who basically goes nuts and tries to mind-control the population of Earth(if I remember right).

Megazone 23 has EVE, who is on the surface a pop idol, but she's really an AI.

Those are all the ones I can think of at the moment.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-10-2016, 09:47 AM

Isn't the .hack series resolved around a video game world? People getting trapped in there, like in Sword Art Online or Log Horizon.

Hmm, I do like the art of Macross, it might be worth to check it out then. :)

I have never heard of Megazone 23, so I will have to look it up. Plus, if she is an idol and there is music involved, it is right up my alley. Thank you!

I just remembered that Ken Akamatsu made the manga A.I. Love You, but I do not think that it ever got an anime adaption.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 07-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinLin View Post
Isn't the .hack series resolved around a video game world? People getting trapped in there, like in Sword Art Online or Log Horizon.

Hmm, I do like the art of Macross, it might be worth to check it out then. :)

I have never heard of Megazone 23, so I will have to look it up. Plus, if she is an idol and there is music involved, it is right up my alley. Thank you!

I just remembered that Ken Akamatsu made the manga A.I. Love You, but I do not think that it ever got an anime adaption.
1) Yeah -- you might say .hack was the first.

2) I think Hulu still has the movie version of Plus up.

3) Watch the first two. The third one's... okay, but it's still pretty "wut?". I'm pretty sure you can find the DVDs on either Amazon or Right Stuf.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-10-2016, 08:47 PM

Yes, that's why I don't think .hack series have A.I. elements in them.

Yeah, I don't really buy anime. It's too expensive to import to Sweden.