Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2015, 04:45 AM

Haha! Hopefully he won't be too late! If you have to be induced have you decided on a day yet?

The 700-sided dice lands on 352

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 04:48 AM

Emma; I'm actually hoping he is at least a couple days late. I still have paperwork to file with my school and a meeting with my advisor Tuesday. D; I mean I can always have my mom drive me and watch him for the 20-30 minutes I'm with her but still. Just kinda stressing me out a bit. Lol My mom was late for me and my brother. I'm actually going to let him go as long as he wants to, or until the 31st which is the cut off that my midwife will let me go. She says if he's not here 12 days after his due date then we're going to induce me. LOL Long as everything stays the way it has been. Which he's kicking up a crazy storm right now. I don't think I'll be THAT late. Maybe about 5-6 days late?

The 700-sided dice lands on 98

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-19-2015, 04:50 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 404

Finnley is cute. I like that spelling. And I like that it isn't a really common name. At least not where I live.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2015, 04:54 AM

Definitely have to watch it that it's not too long though because the later it is the more likely things could go wrong - I was very late and I ended up having my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck choking me - and there's more risk of the baby having a bowel movement in the sack - as long as everything being monitored (which it sounds like your midwife is) you're good though lol! Would definitely be nice if you could get everything done first and not have to worry about it!! :D

The 700-sided dice lands on 457

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 04:54 AM

First; thanks ^^ It's not a popular name at all really. Over in Ireland it's only popular as Findlay or Findley not Finley or Finnley. I think there's only like a couple hundred Finnleys or Finleys in the entire U.S where as there are like thousands of other peoples names. xD I think there is like 28,000 Megans in the U.S (which is my name) so really it's not a very popular name. haha But it's not totally off the wall either which is what I liked. I was on the fence between Derryck (some form of the spelling), Corbin and Ethan. But I woke up one day and was stuck on Finnley. :)

The 700-sided dice lands on 598

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-19-2015, 04:58 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 282

Those are all good names.

My name is extremely common (Michelle). My husband's name is abnormal here, but somewhat common as far as I know in Korea where he was born (Sang).

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:02 AM

Emma; Oh yeah my midwife is totally on top with it. She actually plans to come to the house after my next appointment at the office this Thursday. Where every other day she stops by, checks the heart beat and brings up the ultrasound. *she travels with her ultrasound scanner n such haha it's cute but she has been doing this since 1976* xD And of course if any movement changes between visits to call her. Or if anything changes. I can choose to be induced any time after tomorrow but I'll let him decide when he wants to be born - long as it's safe to wait.

First; Thanks. Yeah me and you both have pretty common names. and Of course my name is Megan Jane (first and middle) so it's like..totally basic. XD

The 700-sided dice lands on 72

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:04 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 406

Are you having a home birth?

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:07 AM

I wanted a home birth, but no. I'm having him at a birthing center where my midwife delivers babies outside of homes. I am doing all natural and unmedicated though. ^^ My mom just didn't feel comfortable with me having a home birth with it being my first baby and we live about 30 minutes from a hospital. Can't blame her there and I would rather be safe than sorry.

The 700-sided dice lands on 271

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2015, 05:07 AM

Heyyy I'm one of the 28,000! Same spelling too! :D My middle name is completely unique though - I would be seriously shocked if anyone else had the spelling! Danyelle :3

Haha That is awesome about the ultrasound machine! I didn't know they made portable ones like that!! That's really awesome she does frequent house calls too - definitely a great midwife!

The 700-sided dice lands on 508

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Heyyy I'm one of the 28,000! Same spelling too! :D My middle name is completely unique though - I would be seriously shocked if anyone else had the spelling! Danyelle :3

Haha That is awesome about the ultrasound machine! I didn't know they made portable ones like that!! That's really awesome she does frequent house calls too - definitely a great midwife!

The 700-sided dice lands on 30
haha is your name Megan too? that's pretty cool ^^ No wonder we jive so well. I actually went to school with a girl who had her name spelled similar to that it was Dainyell. (DANE-YELL) haha Went to school with a bunch of people with some crazy names too.

It's kinda portable. It's still a really big thing to drag around. Lol It doesn't have a super clear picture like the ones at the hospital and everything but it does it's job. Makes sure there's no issues going on and of course the heart monitor where you can hear the heartbeat. <3 That's my favorite part of every visit.

She's been fabulous. She actually has been used by a lot of my parents friends and a couple of mine. I was so glad she took my insurance. Super glad. We bake her goodies all the time and take to her. Lol She's been at a bunch of functions where everyone has gotten together.

The 700-sided dice lands on 113

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:19 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 339

I would be more comfortable in a more hospital setting for my first child, too. Probably all my kids. I think I will want pain medicine when I give birth.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:21 AM

If I were to give birth, I would want to be in the hospital and on every drug they have to offer. I don't wanna be at home- There's just too many things that could go wrong with a birth! And I wouldn't choose pain when I don't need to experience it.

The 700-sided dice lands on 418

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 05:22 AM

Sorry I disappeared guys. I am giving up and calling it a night. See you tomorrow.

The 300-sided dice lands on 258

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:23 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 583

You won the first round, Storm.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:23 AM

It's actually more of really decent hotel room setting. It's a private room with a giant non hospital bed, and a laboring pool and other things in the room to help ease labor. Even has a little fridge for drinks and whatnot. Though I do plan on laboring as long as possible at home. Until the contractions get within 4 minutes apart. Or if it's progressing quickly my midwife will let me know when I should head to the hospital. She said she can either be here with me at my parents house for labor support, (which my mom is going to be amazing support - I've seen her at quite a few births) or I can just keep her updated hourly. ^^ I told her for the time being I'll choose phone calls but if I feel she needs to be here i'm glad that she can be.

The 700-sided dice lands on 199

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:25 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 460

It's good that you have so much support.

My husband would probably drive me crazy. I'd probably choose the hospital without him in the same room. I don't know if he wants to be in the room or not when we do have a child.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:27 AM

I don't understand how anyone could actually want their partner in the room with them. Its such a gross and painful process, why would you want someone you care about to see you go through it? x___o;

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
haha is your name Megan too? that's pretty cool ^^ No wonder we jive so well. I actually went to school with a girl who had her name spelled similar to that it was Dainyell. (DANE-YELL) haha Went to school with a bunch of people with some crazy names too.

It's kinda portable. It's still a really big thing to drag around. Lol It doesn't have a super clear picture like the ones at the hospital and everything but it does it's job. Makes sure there's no issues going on and of course the heart monitor where you can hear the heartbeat. <3 That's my favorite part of every visit.

She's been fabulous. She actually has been used by a lot of my parents friends and a couple of mine. I was so glad she took my insurance. Super glad. We bake her goodies all the time and take to her. Lol She's been at a bunch of functions where everyone has gotten together.

The 700-sided dice lands on 9
Oh that is funny!! I've never heard of anyone spelling it differently before!! :D

Haha I think so too! Apparently we just knew we were awesomesauce without even having to explain!

Oh I bet - that'll be my favorite part too - the little monster will kill me with the kicking, but hearing the adorable heartbeat will make it worth it <33

I love medical personnel who are involved like that - need more of them to be honest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First to Never Know View Post
The 700-sided dice lands on 576

I would be more comfortable in a more hospital setting for my first child, too. Probably all my kids. I think I will want pain medicine when I give birth.
I'm with you on that one! I'm planning on a c-section unless circumstances change, but if I end up having to go natural then I'm totally getting an epidural!

The 700-sided dice lands on 652

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Alright so now that I sent my number and everything I *think* I can start rolling now.

Let's see if I remember how to roll dice...

[dice700][/dice]

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:28 AM

Goodnight Storm!! And Congrats! :D

Dystopia; And I totally support your decision on that, I know a lot of people like that. I'm just not one of them. My birth plan is the best choice for me. ^^

First; Well I have my mom and sister in law and mid wife as support. My dad will probably have a come apart and totally wont be near the room xD and the father isn't in the picture and my best friend who would totally be there, can't. :/ Gotta love her living in Miami. Blearg.

The 700-sided dice lands on 319

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 05:28 AM

Hmm seems not. XD

*goes to find out*

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:29 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 699

It's sad that your best friend can't be there, but at least you have your family.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2015, 05:29 AM

Nephila - just have dice in the brackets and the 700 in between like you would for size or color - I quoted someone's post to remember! ;)

The 700-sided dice lands on 500

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:30 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 631

I googled how to roll dice on Menewsha. Google is always my friend.