Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 06:05 PM

Time To Shine

Writers: PurpleBox:-Immy

Birth Name: Rane Rose Rivers
Alias (other names): Enna (mutant n name), En, Ennie, Rane, Rae, or Rivs
Orientation: Demi-Sexual/Romantic
Non-Mutant Skills: Meditation Focus, singing, dancing, and surviving.
Mutant Ability: Energy (Enna is within her)
Fear: The future being destroyed or falling apart. Being alone. Her mind.
Dream: Unknown
Appearance:

You don't have to fill it all out, you can even just do your own.

Last edited by Immy; 08-19-2017 at 06:31 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 06:07 PM

Chapter One:

This was a time of war and peace at the same time. Mutants and humans didn't get along nor did either side really wish to try fearful of the future and reactions of each side. Humans would have both good and bad they wanted to help or kill the mutants. Mutants had the x men or brotherhood or even a neutral part that didn't want any part of either side. Some lived in the sewers as others lived hiding out in the city. It was never safe for either side or anyone out there. Not with those who wanted power or control over it all.

Professor Xavier and the other teachers were watching the news. Rane also known as Enna was outside meditating to ignore all the negativity. She could do a lot of damage to anything around her if she didn't keep her emotions in check. Jean was sitting across from her meditating as they were trying to link their powers and share information as well as feelings. Enna, until recently, kept things quiet about how the future would unfold if Jean and Scott got together. Now that Jean broke it off with Scott, he was almost a lost cause and she was hurt by the response as well. Enna sighed standing up "I can't do this right now, keep meditating and see if you can feel the life forces around you. I'm going to take a break and go for a walk or nap or something." Enna knew Jean understood she (Enna) was worried about Scott. Lately he hadn't been up for leaving his room or the training room.

Enna walked past Kurt who seemed like he was waiting for something. "Hey Kurt, you okay?" Enna felt like a counselor to everyone but if it helped them she didn't mind even if it tired her out quite a bit. "We're getting a new recruit today, just waiting for her to show up. The professor says she isn't like anyone else so far that has come here. Seeing as we have a lot of students here, I'm really curious to who it is." "Alright have fun, introduce us later. Hey have you seen Cy lately?" "Either his room the training room, but I think he's in his room this time." Ahna nodded heading to Scott's room saying "Thanks, Kurt."

Kurt noticed the weather was changing, school would be starting up soon as autumn was rolling in. Leaves were changing colors slightly, it was just the beginning after all and the breeze felt amazing against his skin. More like fur, this image inducer only hid what he looked like not what he would feel like. Fuzzy and soft which is how he liked it.

Enna took a short deep breath as she found his room with his door opened a crack. She peeked in not knocking this time as she normally didn't. His room was a mess and he was sitting on the other side of his bed on the floor with his head hung low. Enna walked in not making a sound closing the door locking it. She walked over to where he sat while moving around things. Her light blonde hair having a bit of a golden tint went to her waist as she kept it down today instead of usually in a ponytail. "Scott?" Enna asked as she knelt down next to him, his glasses were in hand but they were broken in half which made her realize he wasn't going to either wake up or open his eyes. If he did he'd have a brand new window or do for his room.

Enna placed her hand over the broken glasses in his hand using her powers of energy to rebuild them fixing them. "There" picking them or so she tried, he held tightly onto them telling her "Leave Enna" Enna had learned to love the one in front of her after the other two broke up, it didn't start out as a crush. At first she thought they'd be best friends or brother and sister or cousins. But not like this. "Scott, what's wrong?" "Leave" "Make me" she sat on his lap refusing to move "You're not any stronger than myself and the other so far other similar to my power level is ...her. So truthfully you can't make me even if you tried. Now open your eyes." Scott was silent while she spoke but refused to do as she said, he would wind up hurting her and he knew that. However she knew something he didn't, he couldn't hurt her unless she wanted it that way.

"I'll hurt you...I don't want to drive you away...not like I did with..." Scott stopped talking but was surprised when Enna wrapped her arms around him holding them both close. "You cannot hurt me, Scott. I am one with Enna, the bird of energy and life as well as healing. I can teach you to control your powers so you can see without those shades. You don't need them, you don't need her. You didn't hurt her. Destiny got in the way of things and yeah...it didn't work out. I am sorry about that, but I cannot change anything. So please, look at me."

(Gonna end this post here lol should be long enough)

PurpleBox: >.> I got carried away. I wont be on until tomorrow night.

Last edited by Immy; 08-19-2017 at 06:52 PM..

PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging s...

Old 08-19-2017, 09:34 PM

Birth Name: Shilo Jane Williams
Alias (other names): Blindside(Mutant name, nothing to do with her powers), Blue Ivy (her dad calls her that)
Orientation: Bi-Sexual
Non-Mutant Skills: Painting, sculpting, gardening and good with animals
Mutant Ability: Chlorokinesis, at the moment she uses Seismic Sense through plants to find her way around since she was little, she can manipulate and grow flowers, fruits, veggies aswell as other plants with just a thought or a gesture. Plants seams to react to her emotions and she to theirs with a empathetic link between her and the plant life around her. She hasn't really used her powers in a fight, the plants just react if she is in trouble.
Fear: Being trapped in fire, trapped in deep water and loosing touch with nature
Small Bio: Shilo's mutation appeared when she was around 5, so at a very yougn age, there was a reason for this as it was around this age that Shilo's eyesight began to go away. Well the traditional way that humans see went away, she was still able to get around with some ease to the surprise of many, her parents also noticed that she began to not wear shoes during the warmer months and fall. At this time in her life she could only use the plant life around her as a way to see colorful out lines in a world of blackness.

No one even thought that she was a mutant till she was around 13 and some kids from her school caught her talking to plants at the local community garden, and the plants where growing form her hands just moving over them. Her parents had suspected something was wrong with their only child for years, bu as Shilo had never brought anything up they kept quite. Rumors began to spread, though before to long a man in a wheelchair came to the door of the Williams house.
Dream: To open her own Arts&Gardening Center one day, to try and pass on a love for the many arts and mother nature onto younger generations.
Appearance:

-----------------------------

Shilo did not like traveling by car. The sudden and sometimes jerking movements unsettled her stomach just as much as the thought of being away from her garden back home did. Her dad had let her dig up a young Ivy plant and pot it to bring with on the trip, the little Ivy was nestled in the crook of her arm, one of it's vines gently curling around her arm and fingers throughout the trip in the car.
The small vibrations she was picking up with the Ivy by herself let Shilo see her mother looking in the rear-view mirror every now and then. While she couldn't see the reflection itself she guessed her mother was looking back at her and the vine wrapping around her fingers.

"This place certainly sounds like it had more kids then your old school, I hope they have some way for you to not get lost." Her fathers caring and warm baritone voice washed over Shilo and she turned her pale green eyes towards the driver seat where he was. Her father was a lumber worker, there was a lumber plant in the small town she had been born in. The man was all big muscles form years of hard work,
but he had a heart of gold. "I bet you'll be able to bring more color to this place then any one they've seen Blue Ivy. Your mom and I are just a phone call away if you need anything." He said with a smile in his voice, they turned a corner and Shilo could feel the change in the road, form pavement to crushed gravel? It felt like many tiny stones under the tiers of the car.

She heard her mother shift a bit in her seat, a signal that they must have arrived someplace or were going to stop for a bit. When she felt the car's engine being turned off and heard both her parents get out after a moment Shilo moved to do the same.
The Ivy still cradled in her arms tightened its vines around her arm very briefly,
many plants didn't like being lifted or being moved to often, out of the dirt, out of their homes. Gently Shilo stuck one of her fingers into the compacted soil of the pot and made some soft soothing sounds. "Hey it's OK, I'm here." She spoke as she stood on the crunchy gravel under her thin shoes. The vine slowly loosened around her arm, shrinking back into the main plant as she used her free arm to feel around her pockets for her walking stick, she extended the white stick clumsily with one hand as she felt her dad getting her suitcase from the trunk of the car.

A figure stepped in front of Shilo suddenly yet she stood still when she recognized her mothers voice. "Honey you have some dirt on your cheek. Here let me get that for you." Gently the walking stick was taken form her hand and following the snaps she found it back in her hand and the cool touch of a wet-one against her cheek. Shilo scrunched up her nose at the smell. A lot of cleaners and chemicals had smells that set her off in the wrong way. Made her so sick some days.

"Mom I'm not a little kid any more." Shilo protested weakly clutching the potted plant tighter in her one arm. Her mother had treated Shilo with kid gloves many times over the years, weather it had to do with her blindness or her mutation.... Shilo could never figure out.

"You'll always be our baby Shilo, let your mother, mother hen for a bit longer."
Her dad's smiling voice sounded from her left and it soon followed with the thud of her suitcase being put on the gravel.

Relaxing her senses a bit Shilo could feel the many people roaming the area,
there where a lot of people, though they all gave off a different vibration then the people of her town... they felt... like her.... different...mutants....Shilo took a deep breath. "Go on up to the front Shilo, we'll catch up." Her dad's warm voice flowed around her and she nodded with a determined look overcoming the blind girls face.

Gently tapping the walking stick on the ground she began her walk to the front of this place, she could feel the plants that were around, most where 'dormant' as she called them, when plants didn't talk back to her when she talked to them, out loud or in her head. It didn't take her long to reach the front of the building, the Ivy once again curling one of its vines around her arm and fingers in a comforting gesture that brought a small smile to Shilo's lightly freckled face.

Immy: that's ok i look forward to your response ^^

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-20-2017, 10:23 PM

Kurt noticed someone he haven't seen before as he sat on the broken pillar in front of the mansion from the last battle. They had yet to figure out how to put it back currently without replacing it completely. That plus Enna wouldn't put it back together saying the x men needed her way too much lately. So along with Scott she stayed out of current missions until they both could relax a bit more.

Kurt turned to the professor as Xavier nodded confirming that it was their newest member. Disappearing/ in a poof he reappeared next to her in a quick moment it took seconds to do. "Hi you must be Shilo. It's very nice to meet you, I'm Kurt Wagner." Xavier rolled over stopping near Kurt "Kurt give her some room to breath, she only just arrived here." "Sorry professor" his hazel eyes standing out against his navy blue black hair that fell to his shoulders. "Welcome the Xavier institute Shilo, my name is Professor X or you may call me Xavier." as many did.

PurpleBox: not too fancy tonight :P

PurpleBox

Old 08-20-2017, 11:06 PM

Shilo let out a small yelp when suddenly some one was right beside her following a big vibration. The Ivy's vine curled further up her arm, some leaves sprouting from the green vine. It took a moment or two for her heart to stop pounding and for her body to get over the sudden appearance of this Kurt Wagner. "Teleportation.... ok so that's a real thing....." She muttered to her self softly before standing up straight again.

"Uh yeah... Hi... Nice to meet you both...." Shilo said with a bit of a strained smile, she was nervous, clutching the potted plant closer to her, the arm with the came resting at her side now that she wasnt moving. The vine slowly began to grow backwards into the ivy it had sprouted from. She wiggled her feet in her shoes, how she wished to get the foot coverings off... over the years of not wearing shoes every where she went her feet had grown accustomed to being in a natural state. Back home at most she had worn simple sandals at school and things like that.

Shilo felt movement behind her and knew it was her dad from the way he walked on the gravel. "Hello again Professor." Her father greeted Xavier with a smile, Shilo's mother still looked a little torn, the women knew this place would be better for her daughter but she didn't like that it was so far away, Mr's Williams' grey eyes looked towards the fallen pillar, part of her wondering why it was like that and another part that knew not to ask.

Immy: thats cool, fancy is overrated lol xP

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-20-2017, 11:27 PM

Kurt smiled hearing her mumble something but wasn't sure what she said. Though he could hear very well he wouldn't be able to hear too far away at the current time. Kurt smiled "Should I go get Rane to do the tour?" Kurt was hoping not to as he wanted to show the new girl around. "Actually she had some last minute plans to tend to. I was hoping you wouldn't mind giving her a bit of a tour and showing her to Rane's room for the time being. I don't believe Rane would be staying in it this evening." The professor knew what was going on and figured it was best not to interrupt the two.

"Me, professor? Ja!" his german accent kicked through as he glanced to Shilo "You don't mind do you? It's going to be so much fun and you're going to love Rane's room. It's covered in all kinds of exotic plants. Totally safe though." he wasn't about to mention Rane's pet which was a large carnivore plant like a venus fly trap that existed from North Carolina. Though Rane worked her powers more onto it bringing it more to life in a way no one ever expected, not even Rane.

"Mr. and Mrs Williams, your daughter is in great hands here as we spoke on the phone a few days ago. I'll let you three say your goodbyes. Kurt could you make sure to feet 'Ivy' real quick." Kurt shook his head like he didn't want to, but Jean walked over hearing the conversation. "I'll check on Ivy for Rane and let Kurt know when to bring her by the room professor." "Thank you Jean." with that Jean walked away as the Professor followed to mentally talk to her about everything going on and what not.

PurpleBox: whelp here you go.

PurpleBox

Old 08-21-2017, 01:13 AM

Shilo blinked hearing the accent.... she wondered when Kurt was from,
he really didn't sound like any one she had met before. She seamed to perk up a bit at the mention of exotic plants, plants of any kind interested the blind girl. "Sure it's all right with me." She said a small smile in her voice.

It didn't take long for Shilo to say goodbye to her parents, she heard them get into the car, faint outlines form the vibrations around her let her see the car pulling out of the driveway and out onto the road. Turning back to Kurt and the Professor, Shilo let her senses focus on them for now, Kurt's outlines where just like any other teenagers,
full of energy, she noticed his ears where pointed and she saw something flicking about behind him.... she found both these things interested.

She gently pressed a finger against the soil in the put she was holding and frowned.
"Um... Kurt? Would it be possible to stop somewhere i could get some water for Filbert here?" Shilo lifted the pot to indicate that Filbert was the Ivy plant in the pot, who still had a vine or two curled around her fingers holing the pot. When the girl known as Jean came Shilo felt the vibrations of something powerful and that set the brown haired girl on edge a bit.

Immy: Shilo deosn't know how to really tell much about other mutants yet lol

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-21-2017, 01:44 AM

PurpleBox: I know. I don't even know why im describing things lol his appearance XD How long you up for?

"Ja, we can get some water in the kitchen. By the way that was Jean, she's one of the more advance students here." Kurt led her to the kitchen hoping she would realize his voice would not be as close, if not he would appear behind her and make them both appear in the kitchen. Rogue was sitting on the window seal as Kitty was typing away getting an email in to her parents.

Bobby was freezing the bowl of fruit in the middle of the counter as Tabitha was about to play a prank of some sorts. "We might want to hurry up here, Tabitha do you have to do that right now? We have a new student." Kurt used to have a slight odd crush on the blonde pigtailed girl until he realized she was into Amara not guys. The two had been dating for quite some time now.

"Everyone, this is Shilo, she's new here at the institute. Shilo this is Tabitha, Bobby, Rogue, Amara who just walked in..." "wait what?" amara asked but Kurt continued "And Kitty."

PurpleBox

Old 08-21-2017, 02:14 AM

Shilo nodded at Kurt's explanation for Jean, tapping her walking stick lightly as she walked she followed the sound of Kurt's voice. When they got to the kitchen Shilo had to bit her lip lightly and try to find something to focus on, she chose Kurt as he was closest to her at the moment. She waved lightly to all the others that Kurt had introduced. "Hi...." A little vine from Filbert's pot lifted to wave aswell, giving Shilo a small sense of comfort. She was finding that she was getting used to all the different vibrations,every one in the room was so different, back home every one felt the same and even she had gotten her parents mixed up as a little kid when she was just finding her feet again after her sight had left her.

She heard the click clacking of keyboard keys and she made a mental note to try and hook her phone up to the internet when she had a chance, it had a talk-to-text and text-to-talk feature that let her send and receive messages form others. Shilo felt Filbert's vine curl around her hand some more, bringing her back to why they had started in the kitchen to begin with. Shifting form foot to foot a bit awkwardly Shilo bit her lip, tilting her head trying to get a feel for where things where around this kitchen. It was tricky, she'd have to learn the layout and hoped no one changed anything.

"Filbert here needs some water... his ah... soil is drying up.... Plants and car trips in small car's don't really mix..." She said trying to bring a smile up with her words and hoped it reached her eyes. Not that much emotion could be told from her green eyes now a days. Shilo was glad that so far no one had asked why she had a walking stick, her eyes had never taken on that glassy pale that seamed to be the norm for most blind people. Her eyes were still the bright spring green they had been since she was little.

Immy: not sure but i'm not sleepy yet lol its only like 8 30 here so ;p

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-21-2017, 02:34 AM

10:30pm here. Midnight at the latest but everytime i say that i stay up till like 3am. I'm re watching evolution realizing I need to tone down maturity levels here. Almost 11 by the time I post this.

Kurt led her to the sink whispering "We don't want to stay too long, Tab's up to something, and it's usually not good." Kurt whispered as he started the running cool water in the sink. "Here you go, nice and clean." Kurt said with a cheerful expression as he could over hear the others talking. Except Kitty and Rogue which meant Bobby was complaining to Amara about Tabitha's bad habits getting them in trouble again.

Within this time Rane had been able to convince Scott to open up to her, they still had school the next day and she was going to make sure his first day back was going to be worth it. She even got him to get up and go for a walk after they picked up his room some. "Come on, stud." Rane spent time healing him ever since his break up and Jean moved on going out with Angel. Angel Worthington that is, the son of a politician which seemed to be helping mutants out in many ways but only minor ones. Scott walked out of his room with Rane by his side who seemed to walk close to him as they passed by Jean and the professor. Slipping her hand into his she smirked giving Jean a bit of a glare. It wasn't either of their faults they ended it and its not like anyone cheated on the other. However, she couldn't help it which is why their powers never got along.

PurpleBox: forgot the ping.

PurpleBox

Old 08-21-2017, 03:44 AM

Shilo followed Kurt's voice. "Thanks....I'm guessing I'll have to watch out for her pranks then?" Shilo found herself asking as she put some water into Filbert's pot, the vine around her arm grown back a bit and the other one wiggling happily. "Lot's of stuff I'm gonna have to get used to too. So where to next?" Shilo said after Filbert had his fill of the water, the soil a rich dark color now.

The blind girl focused her senses onto Kurt and hoped she wouldn't loose track of him, he was a interesting character... his friendly voice and the outlines she picked up when she focused on him where very different form others she had met so far. Shilo still caught glimpses of something flicking behind Kurt... it reminded her of her neighbors cat's tail... only a lot thinner.

Shilo also noticed a smell that hung around Kurt... like brimstone and heat, she'd never smelt another scent like it. So many new firsts for her today, back home every one smelt vaguely the same. Though to Shilo her dad smelt like the wood he worked daily with and her mother smelt of fresh and clean laundry.

Immy: sorry if its a bit thin >C< i think im gonna go to sleep early xP

Last edited by PurpleBox; 08-21-2017 at 04:35 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-22-2017, 04:03 AM

Kurt nodded saying "That's probably for the best" Kurt thought for a moment after watching the way she seemed pleased as the plant was happy for fresh water. "Why don't I show you to Rane's room, seems like the professor thinks she won't be using it today or tonight." Kurt was wondering what that was about but he could only assume.

Leading her out of the kitchen going to one of the ground floor rooms he explained where the steps were, the living room where others could watch tv, kitchen they just visited, and bathrooms. Boys shared one, girls shared another. The teachers had their own to share also. "So do you talk to plants too? I mean can you understand them?" he was a curious mutant.

Scott smiled not noticing the way the two girls looked at each other then kept on walking. Rane decided maybe going to the park would be a good idea or maybe the movies? So many choices, finally they decided they would see a movie and go for a nightly walk. Rane wasn't too much of a talker but she could definitely flirt with a guy and make sure they knew it. The next day they would have classes though.

PurpleBox: Think I'm gonna sleep till tomorrow day. I am off which means I can post more tomorrow evening.

PurpleBox

Old 08-22-2017, 11:48 PM

As they walked around, Shilo made a mental map. "I can understand them, and they can understand me, the whole 'talking to plants to help them grow' is kinda literal for me." Shilo said biting her lip gently. "The more I'm around a plant the more it gains some human antics... Filbert here was as still as a normal plant till i potted him and we spent the last week on the road here.... I get car sick easily, having a plant close by helps..." Shilo said the last bit hesitantly.

She didn't want to mention yet how she could grow things form seeds without them being in dirt....mostly she did this was flowers.... or small bushes... she'd been able to grow a complete pear from just a seed once... took a lot of concentration to not grow the tree part. Growing plants was always easier when the seed was in the dirt already.

Shilo was kind of like a conduit for plants, they gained special energy from her whens eh grew them outside of soil, and when she spent hours and hours around them. Filbert's vine was still curled around Shilo's arm in a comforting manner as the two mutants walked around.

Immy: wow thats a crazy creepy cool avatar!!

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-24-2017, 01:38 PM

Kurt listened with curiosity as well as interest while she talked about how she helped them grow by talking to them. Makes sense they would appear like children needing a motherly figure or a "prime" in a way to look up to. This way they would survive longer than usual. "Well I can see how you get car sick easily seeing as you probably feel more comfortable on a non-moving ground." Kurt might not make the best choices but there were times he was pretty mature for his age. Then again he still liked appearing out of nowhere and dancing on tables.

Scott mentioned something about a new mutant and kurt showing them around. Professor was in the kitchen trying to calm everyone down as Tabitha was up to her old tricks once again. Amara was trying to defend her as Storm was outside training students to use and control their abilities. Jean was in her room either hanging out or meditating to relax more. Rane and Jean didn't always see eye to eye but there were times the two connected like sisters or cousins.

PurpleBox: thanks for the compliment on the creepy avatar, sadly I change my avi waaaaay too much lol

PurpleBox

Old 08-25-2017, 08:00 PM

"Something like that yeah...." Shilo said with a small shrug. The blind mutant was feeling a bit more relaxed then she had been after getting out of the car, it seamed that spending sometime walking around had helped her to feel less out of it. Still, Shilo wished she could take off her shoes, walking just didn't feel the same with her feet separated from the ground or floors she was walking on. After a few more moments Shilo spoke again.

"What do you guys do here exactly.... my parents got the impression that it's some sort of school.... but i have a feeling it's a bit more....then a normal school that is."
Shilo rubbed the back of her head slightly, she was more comfortable around these people then she'd thought she'd be, back home she normally gave one or two word answers.... letting her actions speak for her....her home town was used to it. Bullies had given up as she refused to react to their taunts so aside from her parents and her uncle people left her alone with her plants.

Part of Shilo wondered what powers the others here had.... Kurt could teleport....nearly scaring the daylights out of her that first time, and there seamed to be some sort of physical mutation to him aswell... with the thing that kept moving behind him was anything to go by. It didn't bother Shilo at all, seeing as she couldn't see in the traditional sense and she'd never really grown up with a image of what somethings where supposed to look like.

Some of the plants that Shilo had grown back home in her own garden where not any kind that people here knew today, because she had changed the plants, she had grown a pear tree with pears that tasted like oranges.... she didn't fully know how she did it.... just that she liked the taste of oranges but not the texture...her thoughts tended to influence any plants she was growing. Her parents had been a bit shocked to say the least, her dad had been impressed, her mother just hoped that the strange tree stayed within their garden. As much as Shilo's mom loved her, Shilo could tell that her mother was a bit bothered by her child's abilities.

Immy: i don't have a lot of items but i use what i can lol

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-21-2017, 04:27 AM

PurpleBox: so sorry.

"Kind of, it's more of a school to help us, mutants, how to control our powers and use them when needed. It's meant for self defense or defending others if you join the x men team rather than just staying at the school. But you can help a lot people as you try to get things into order. I get to go on missions others usually don't get to go on and go along with plans to help in the different types of missions we do. We try to get other mutants to understand they can come here too and that it's a safe place." He wasn't going to mention that the school almost blew up one time...more than once. But no one usually was ever home during this time.

Kurt made it to Rane's room as he opened the door walking in as to let Shilo know it was alright. "Rane isn't fond of people wearing shoes in her room, she has specially made mostly for plants so less the bother the better she always says. We don't want to uh get eaten by one of them." He remembered first learning about her Venus Fly Trap Carnivore that loved meat not bugs.

The room was surrounded by all kinds of rare plants from here to there. Such as: safflower (Egypt), Flora (Ireland), Old Fashion Bleeding Heart flowers/plants (India), mini willow trees and bonsais from japan, a cherry blossom mini tree in a pot as well, Several different color roses, and most other rare plants. Climbing plants, water fountains (even a water system to keep them watered when she wasn't around), and special rich soil she would mix together to keep them alive inside. Everything was ready as ready could be with a double size bed, a closet, and a dresser as she liked it. Even a small writing desk. "She said you can put your stuff anywhere, she might be visiting her room later on this evening. Depends on how Scott is doing." there was one plant that stood about six feet tall and was full of energetic life. It listened into the movements and was "Ahnk" her Venus fly trap almost nicknamed Venus or Veny.

PurpleBox

Old 09-21-2017, 06:11 PM

Shilo found herself nodded as Kurt spoke about the school. "It sounds like you help a lot of people." Shilo smiled brightly. As they continued to walk she perked up a bit when Kurt said that Rane made her room to be traversed without shoes,
this made Shilo want to meet this Rane person.

When they got to the room Shilo let out a gasp, for her the room was basically visible from how many plants were all over it. "I can see why she wouldn't want any one to wear shoes in here....." As she said this Shilo managed to toe off her shoes, her feet thanking her as she wiggled them a bit, it was clear that Shilo didn't like to wear shoes. Filbert was curling around her arm again, out of his own shyness this time and Shilo stroked the base of his stem to help bring him around.

The plant that stood out the most to Shilo was the tall one, the flytrap she guessed by it's outlined shape. The brown haired mutant had never seen a flytrap this big. "She must of put a lot of love and care into that big Venus flytrap." Shilo said in awe, just being in this room made her feel more relaxed around being at this school. Filbert had slowly uncurled from her arm, a of of his vines crawling down the sides of his pot in curiosity.

Immy: I hope your feeling better ^^ the post was worth the wait ^3^

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 10:43 PM

"Yeah I think she said it's her uh 'baby' as she puts it, but she treats it like its one of her own." Kurt answered even though Rane didn't have children or a lover well probably until today. He wasn't sure if they were an actual item or not now, but who knows. "I do believe she'll be back later tonight, so by tomorrow you can meet her. So what's one of your favorite plants, Shilo?" Kurt asked as he sat down on the bed which had vines on the head and footboard.

Kurt wasn't sure what else to say that was until Charles Xavier rolled to the doorway not coming inside, Rane didn't like the idea of the wheelchair being in her room. "I hope everything is to your liking?"

PurpleBox:

PurpleBox

Old 10-16-2017, 04:12 AM

"You put enough care and love into anything and it can become special to you." Shilo said with a smile "I like all plants...though by far my favorite you could say are plants with vines.... and weeping willow trees." The blind girl added after a moment of contemplation.

When the professor rolled up to the door Shilo turned her head towards his voice, away form where she head heard Kurt's voice. "It'a a lovely room! I feel a lot more relaxed just being here a few minuets." The blind mutant said with a small smile. Filbert had been set down onto a small desk like shape that was by a window. It was clear that Shilo was feeling more back into her element, the car ride had been hard on her despite her parents best efforts to make it comfortable for their daughter who was connected to the plants around her.

Filbert looked much healthier, and it wasnt just from some fresh water, it was because Shilo was more relaxed and feeling positive emotions. Well more relaxed and positive then she'd been in that metal transportation box.
Immy:

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 03:14 PM

"Well, there are other places you can look around and see over time. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask." Professor Xavier said as he then wheeled back out talking to Ororo, also known as Storm, on the way down the hallway who was waiting for him. Kurt wasn't sure what else to say, she met a few people and saw her room. He could always show her other stuff but that was up to her or if she wanted to relax. There wasn't per say too much to do around but enough at times to keep them busy. "I believe Dr. McCoy is teaching an outside gym class right now, do you want to check it out or stay here?" Kurt was excused from his power classes for the day to show her around and make her feel comfortable.

PurpleBox

Old 10-26-2017, 06:20 PM

"I wouldn't mind exploring.....getting to know the lay out of the place.... Don't want to run into any walls if i have to get up in the middle of the night." Shilo said tucking some of her hair behind her ear. The blind mutant found herself slowly warming up to this place...as much as she loved her parents and her garden and the forest back home, she'd felt boxed in by how different she was. Being around other's like her, mutants, was bring out a part of her that she hadn't seen in years.

Pat of Shilo was still nervous...meeting new people had always made her uncomfortable, the age old questions always in the back of her head. 'Will they like me?', 'Will they hate me because I'm blind.' and one that she always asked herself despite the outlines of things that the plants around her provided. 'What do they really look like?'. Shilo didn't remember what her parents faces looked like before she went blind. The outlines the plants surrounded her with where her only link and half the time she questioned if her parents still looked as young as the outlines made them seam.

Shilo said goodbye to Filbert quickly before she and Kurt left the room, the blind mutant slipping her shoes back on for now despite the face she made, yup she definitely prefers her feet to be bare. She also had her walking stick as another way to help her find her way around.

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-15-2017, 04:18 AM

PurpleBox: only pinged you to apologize, I'll make a post its up to you if you still want to. If not let me know or don't. i get it. I get busy during holidays amongst personal problems. I go through a lot emotionally since I really don't leave the house. But I'll try to do what I can.

Kurt chuckled in a sort of way about the running into walls at night comment. Though he figured if it was sarcasm it was also a bit true and would make sense. Kurt walked her to the living room leading to the front court yard, her parents were now gone, and the professor was elsewhere about. Dr McCoy was teaching the students how to use defensive moves in order to keep their partner safe while the one attacking could launch an attack that would be non-damaging. It was Bobby (attacker) being protected by Jubilee and on the other side was Amara (attacker) with Kitty (defense). Though it was an odd combination seeing as bobby was ice, jubilee was fireworks, amara was lava, and kitty was a phaser. "Do you want me to tell you who is who? I can even explain what they look like if it helps." Kurt suggested as he rested on a nearby pillar or where one used to be that is.