View Poll Results: Favorite Frequenter of the Uni Thread?
BlackCart! FTW! 9 60.00%
...Marguerite. Is that even a question? 7 46.67%
Taiyo!!!! YGO addict! 4 26.67%
Happy! You're friendly neighborhood insomniac. 7 46.67%
Zaza (Though we haven't seen him lately) 5 33.33%
Pearl! 6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 AM

Actually, that comes out to 15 credits. Another full load for the coming semester.

I'm starting to think that maybe taking summer classes might be detremental to my brain.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-05-2011, 06:00 AM

I was able to get 13 cred out of 5 classes- 3-3 credit classes that brought me to 9, then 2, 2 credit classes. ^^ I'm not used to taking less than 5 classes or even at 12 credits. since my 2nd year I've been taking 15 or 16 credit class loads. This semester is only 4 3 credit at 12 credits because of my Senior Capstone (26-30 pages) so I wanted to give myself extra time. But this is proving to be a problem because I'm not used to having only 4 classes.
I think the Zumba class would be fun. It'll give me something to do that's good for me that's not going to leave me sitting on my butt all the time. That's my problem here, I've had all straight academic classes that involve paper after paper. So, I'm at my computers all the time and not eating right. I'm taking Yoga because I think it would benefit me mentally too. ^^

Oh yeah, I'll walk out to do work in the common room so I can have a table to spread my stuff on. I'll walk back in, the little brat will be sitting in her bed on her lap top and glare at me. -.- She cooks in the bathroom now because I guess I have ruined the sanctity of the common room because I'm in there- a week ago I walked past her to get to the common room with my netbook and stuff as she was walking out to go in there to cook, and she went to the bathroom instead.
She avoids me even to the point of not washing her hands after going to the bathroom. I even watched her do it. Saturday I was in there. I got out of my stall before her and was washing my hands and brushing my teeth, she stormed out of the stall, and stormed outof the bathroom with her head up and slammed our door shut. -.- I sprayed lysol on the bathroom door and the room door.
Oh and she'll lock me out of the room and not say anything to me when she walks past me in the common room. -.- Lucky for her, I know how much of a brat she is towards me and acts like I'm lower than her for who knows what reason, I keep my key with me. -.- I would like to think I wouldn't have to do that and think that she would be nice and say something. but nope. She can't be bothered to say a word to me or even acknowledge that I have to be able to move around in the room or that I even exist. or that she even shares a room with someone.
But yeah, she's spoiled, an only child, a brat, daddy sends her money, she gets pretty clothes, doesn't seem to understand what it means to share a room together or live with someone.

@Taiyo: Yeah, the summer classes I'll be doing are 2 weeks long so everything will be so quick and so much work. I know I will be so burnt out when my dad grabs me afterwards. I won't even get to have a break between classes. I have my last final either the wednesday or thursday of finals week, I have the friday off. then the weekend. Monday the 16th at 9am I start. ^^" from 9a-430p I have class. No breaks between the classes. Though I know very well we'll have a break during class for 10 min I hope. (You would think so. Considering each class is over 3hr long) What really sucks is one is from 9a-1245p the next one says it starts at 1246p O.o I would have 1 min to go from one building to one that's next to it and is on the 2nd floor of a building I have only been in twice. -.- Oh well. I'll have an excuse, the first day of I have no idea where this room is.

Last edited by serena yuy; 04-05-2011 at 06:04 AM..

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 AM

I can't get around my community college at all either. It's not a ton of fun.

And if I don't hear from them soon, then I'm going to see them in-person when summer break starts to see how I'd be able to sign up for classes.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 AM

Ah, sheesh. Crazy.

I'm an only child, and trust me, it sucks. But I at least know how to treat people right, well, for the most part. Only child-ness gives you a social stigma and anxiety issues that are a little hard to get over, lol. I'm mostly over mine, but I admit I was a brat in 6th grade. XD

I actually love living with people. Once I trust a person, I don't mind sharing my personal space at all. Just don't touch my shit and I don't touch your shit, capiche? My clothes are my clothes and my makeup is my makeup, and my shoes are my shoes...end of discussion. *nods*

I had a friend in high school who went ape shit crazy on me and started avoiding me at all costs for no reason other than she refused to ask me what my side of the story was on a certain subject. I'm so glad she's out of my life. I just pray she doesn't realize I finally got a facebook :ninja: or at least ignores that I did, lol.

@Taiyo: It's so hard to get answers out of people at community colleges. It's atrocious.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 AM

Elysium: My brother is older than me by 8 years, so by the time I reached age 8, he was already 16 and had a job. By the time I was in highschool, he had graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and had moved out within 6 months of graduating. Plus he was out a lot (he was more social than me). So, I can kind of relate to the only child stigma in a sense. But, I know how to deal with people. I hate it how though it's MY fridge, she thinks she can take up all of it. -.- I stopped her from it. I make sure my things are not in her way, but she seems to think it's ok for her stuff to be in my way, it's ok for her to be as noisy as she wants to when I'm trying to sleep, to storm in the room slamming the door open or closed, storming in and leaving the door open when she walks in and I'm in my underwear. But, it's not ok for me to do certain things. And I've been nothing but accomidating to her. But oh well. ^^ sorry I keep complaining. I'm just really tired and stressed over my big freaking paper due in May and the rough draft which has to be 20 pg at most that's due next monday. ^^"

@Taiyo: When I first started at the community college I went to, I got lost very easily. ^^" Before I left, I could get around with my eyes shut. What I miss is how the buildings were set up, I could get to one class on one side of the campus to another on the other side without having to go outside. ^^" It was awesome during the winter.

Here at the University, I didn't get lost too much at first because my boyfriend started here a year and a half before me, I visited him so, I had the chance to walk around here a lot with him. I know how to get to the buildings, but I haven't had a class in the building, or floor, I will get lost getting to the room. I'm not a fan of how I have to go outside just to get from my dorm, to the buildings and outside to go between. It's horrible in the winter. We're so close to Lake Erie and it's known to be very windy.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 AM

Awh. That's just about as bad, I agree. You've got a sibling, but you never get to see them.

I don't mind the complaining. I'm rather decided that I want to be a psychiatrist, so I like listening to people's stories and complaints...really...I don't know why.

I've been stressed this week, too. I just took a math test today that I was freaking out about for the last week. It was okay...but I really need to pass it, so I hope that the fact that I felt good about it when I was taking isn't a bad omen, you know?

That's nice you had your boyfriend to show you about, I'm not that lucky. XD My butt is going to get so lost when I move on to my University. I have like no sense of direction whatsoever. Albeit, I'm better than I used to be, but still. Haha.

We have such horrible wind here. It's flat plains and then mountains, but the wind always comes from the opposite direction of the mountains, so they're no protection. There are days where if I opened up my coat I could probably fly like a kite.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah. I usually tell my friends who are only children that I can kind of relate with them since even though he lived at home, I grew up around him. But by the time I was in highschool (9th grade) he graduated college and had moved out within a few months.

Oh god. Tomorrow (wednesday) I have an exam for my social welfare policy class, after that class I have a 30 min meeting with the professor for my senior project and I'm not sure I'm ready to meet with him for it yet. I'm not up to speed with everyone else in my class and am still behind. ^^" I keep getting distracted and lose any drive to do the work for this. But, like normal with me when the time gets close, I can focus and work my butt off. The rough draft is due on monday (and as I probably had mentioned, it has to be 16-20 pages) So, though I may be really stuck now and might be really Yeabehind or whatever, I will make sure it gets done even if it means getting almost no sleep from thur-sun night. After my class lets out on monday at 2pm, I'll pass out.

Yeah it's almost similar with us here in Fredonia NY. We do have some hills around, but nothing too much like what you guys have there. It's almost always windy here. It's flat and the way the campus is set up turns it into a wind tunnel easily. When it's really windy (We're so close to the lake, it's windy a lot and can get very windy) I almost will get blown over. And I'm not a small girl either and I've almost lost my balance.

I have some very interesting stories with the weather ;p

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Man, I'm actually really happy that after this semester I'm not even going to be worrying about college anymore. Not for a while at least. I know I'll go back when I can manage it after the baby is born. I'm not giving up on a higher education entirely... but priorities. I really do love my psycology class and my bio teacher this semester is awesome. Because I've been working 40+ hours at work, I only really have time to take a couple classes a semester. Don't wanna overload myself too much. I'm already fairly stressed as it is. Putting more on me would just make things worse. I can't really afford to be stressed right now because of the baby. I'm just hoping that everything goes well for Finals. I'll have my due date by then, so when my mom asks why I haven't signed up for classes next semester, I can actually tell her it's because I'm pregnant. She'll flip, but I can always just stop talking to her for a while.

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 PM

I hate my life right now. I had to drop a class, and it makes me feel really useless. :(

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyonaSaibre View Post
Man, I'm actually really happy that after this semester I'm not even going to be worrying about college anymore. Not for a while at least. I know I'll go back when I can manage it after the baby is born. I'm not giving up on a higher education entirely... but priorities. I really do love my psycology class and my bio teacher this semester is awesome. Because I've been working 40+ hours at work, I only really have time to take a couple classes a semester. Don't wanna overload myself too much. I'm already fairly stressed as it is. Putting more on me would just make things worse. I can't really afford to be stressed right now because of the baby. I'm just hoping that everything goes well for Finals. I'll have my due date by then, so when my mom asks why I haven't signed up for classes next semester, I can actually tell her it's because I'm pregnant. She'll flip, but I can always just stop talking to her for a while.
Congrats on the baby. ^_^ I'm glad to hear that you still want to continue with your education. I give a lot of respect to the mothers who will still try to get back to school, but of course the baby comes first, but, will do what they can to continue their education. Another girl I know has 2 kids (she just turned 20 last September) and she just went back to school (oldest is around 2, the youngest girl was born in Dec). Since you've seemed to figured something out with working 40+hr and take a couple classes a semester, I'm sure you'll figure something out with work and going to school part time. ^_^ I wish you lots of luck with everything.

@sarofset: Why did you have to drop the class if you don't mind me asking? Don't worry about it. You probably had a very good reason why you couldn't take the class. If it comes to it you could possibly take it again.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofset View Post
I hate my life right now. I had to drop a class, and it makes me feel really useless. :(
Awh. I'm sorry Saro! What class was it and why did you drop it, if I may ask?

@Serena: We could probably have a battle with weather stories. XD Colorado's fun. No...seriously...I love it...but still. Sometimes. Dayuum is the appropriate word to describe our PMSie weather.

I'm such a procrastinator. I wait till the last minute if I can on things...I just work better. I've always been that way. I do suppose it's something that I should work on.

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 AM

Had to drop my psyche class, because I was behind in two classes, and my grades were dropping in a third. Had to make a decision and the only class not giving me totally necessary credits was psyche.

Ugh. And on Friday I have a dentist appointment, which terrifies the crap out of me. XD

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 AM

Ah, that sucks. I had a psych class last semester and it was worthless to me. I made the mistake of thinking that an Intro class in college would teach you more than a high school class, lol. I went to that class for five sessions out of thirty and I still got an A. Hated. That. Class.

Anyway, ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. I'm sorry you had to drop something. :yes:

I myself am having issues signing up for summer classes. I jumped on a World Mythology class that always fills up two minutes after online registration opens, and now I realize that the dumb thing conflicts with almost every other class I want to take. I'm down to history classes...which I've wanted to take...but not necessarily now. >.>

I also have an appointment on Friday. I'm going to a consultation with a new general physician. I hate doing that. It never fails to be awkward.

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM

I'll pray for ya. lol. It's what I do.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2011, 01:45 AM

Thanks. :) But I think you're the one that needs the prayers since you're terrified of the dentist.

T_T Why are there no classes for me to take? This is a sign from God that I'm not supposed to take classes this summer. Hrmm.

----------

Mrgle. >.>

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 04-07-2011, 02:01 AM

It could be. lol. or perhaps a sign that you should look for different classes. Have you done your gym credits yet? you probably need some,, and I would imagine that it's easier in the summer.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2011, 02:06 AM

Myargh. It is officially impossible to take this class and be able to take any other class. Jeeze.

And, no, we don't have any required gym classes. I did try to get into a yoga class. That too is filled. *laughs at self*

Ah, well. I guess I'll let it sit for a couple of weeks and decide. Registration for fall starts on the 14th, so I might just have to take the class that's causing all of my problems then.

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 AM

Perhaps. You go to CSU right? that's the one in fort collins I think.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
@Serena: We could probably have a battle with weather stories. XD Colorado's fun. No...seriously...I love it...but still. Sometimes. Dayuum is the appropriate word to describe our PMSie weather.

I'm such a procrastinator. I wait till the last minute if I can on things...I just work better. I've always been that way. I do suppose it's something that I should work on.
Yeah we probably would have a battle over the weather. :P Considering how PMSie both of our areas are. Monday was freaking nice and warm and nice outside, then it got cold outside yesterday, today it was snowing when I finished my classes for the day and went to my meeting with my Capstone professor. ^^"

Yeah, I'm the same way. And it's weird that my work turns out as good as it does when I normally wait till the almost last minute to get stuff done. Especially with this Capstone I have. My professor seems quite happy with how it's coming from the way he was sounding, plus it's getting to the point that I seem like that I know what I need to do and such. ^^" I found out today that the rough draft is actually due wednesday. but along with that I did tell him that I will get the last 2 of the extended annotated bibliographies I still owe him, when I hand in the rough draft. But those aren't too bad, I can quickly skim articles I will use for the lit review and quickly type up the annotated bibliographies. :D.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 AM

@Saro: Lol. Yeah. CSU is the one in FoCo. XD But, no. I'm just doing a community college in FoCo for now. I kinda hate it, but I'm doing the fun classes now on a general associates before I go off and kill myself in the med field in a few years...or something the equivalent thereof.

Bad bad bad luck. >.> I want summer classes, but they're all online or something else ridiculous like that. I'm going to have to drive up to my campus every other day anyway due to my violin lessons being there, so I kinda need another couple of classes to have an excuse to drive thirty miles (15 each way).

@Ser: Haha. What was it? Saturday that it was 80 degrees and then Sunday that it snowed this week? I've also experienced it going from blue skies to grey skies and golf ball sized hail being dropped within five minutes.

I'm glad your professor is happy with your work. :) I'm also surprised at how well I do with how infamously bad I am with procrastination. I mean...I get A's and B's. Nothing lower, really. Sometimes I don't even know how I do it.

-----

I think I have to drive up to my campus again in half an hour. Man. You have all been warned. Don't take astronomy classes.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 AM

it was only around 60 monday. then it went down to low enough for snow. I'm just happy that this weekend it's going to get warmer. I love snow, but by april I want it gone. -.-

Yeah. I was quite happy the meeting went very good. ^^ I just have to get the stuff done that I need to. But as I mentioned, won't be too bad. :D

Oh I know that feeling. I'm surprised when I find out I got a really good grade on something I didn't do till almost the last second. I seem to do good in my classes either way. O.O I just know I don't want it to be 2 May and I'm just starting to do the final draft of my Capstone. It wouldn't be good anyway since I do have another paper that's due the last week of class (i think the 6th?)

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 AM

*comes home and passes out*

So tired. No more astronomy. Thank the lord. I never have to go up to the observatory again!

...my cat has decided that my keyboard is a good place to sit.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't want to take that class. ^^"

My cat does the same thing to me. He'll attempt to sit on my lap and part of him will be on the keyboard. All I know is if he attempts to sit on my netbook. I will not be happy. :P

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 AM

My cat's a big girl. She's big boned and about as big as a tabby can get--she's 16 lbs. I love her, but when she sits on my keyboard, bad things happen, lol. It was sweet, though, because she saw me sitting here moping over my classes and just stuck her nose in my face and nuzzled my cheek.

I've taken some nasty classes before, but astronomy has to be the hardest science course I've ever attempted. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the crazy professor who won't give us any leniency on the due dates for the stuff that we have to do at night. I mean, come on dude...you can't admire the constellations through three-mile-thick clouds.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 AM

Sounds like my cat. He's also a very stocky big tabby boy, I just weighed him and he weighs 16lbs also. ^^ He'll do the same thing. He'll know mommy is sad or something and will come and sit with me. I miss having a chair next to me at my desk because he would sit on that chair next to me and at times he'll reach over and paw me, or walk over and sit on my lap, sit on the keyboard, and would climb up and walk onto the desk and sit next to my monitor. ^^ I used to have pictures of that. I may still.
He's not much of a lap cat. But he LOVES to cuddle. I'll lay in bed, and next I know he'll come over and plop right up against me basically right up against me and on me, and instantly starts purring. He'll cuddle and I'll hold him close and rest my head on him. He is such a mama's boy

Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun at all.