xDOOMx
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM

I was kind of surprised when I found this book, and I can truthfully say, not in a good way. But, I got it out of the library anyways to check it out.
It's a reletively new book, and some of the time lines of the ages of the girls and when they first heard of Gothic Lolita don't add up, but it's actually, surprisingly, not that bad... Well, as much as I've read it (about half so far)
It's about two girls, one in LA and one in Japan, who kind of become online friends because of they're shared love of Gothic Lolita. It's sort of made to be like blog postings and is a bit on the depressing side. But has anyone else heard of it?

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 01-26-2009, 08:24 PM

I've never heard of this, which is a bit of a surprise since I've been into the fashion for 2+ years now and you'd think someone on the egl community would have mentioned it. :o

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 AM

I thought by 'gothic lolita' it would have meant the magazine, the expensive one that kills my wallet XD... but this has to be quite an interesting read since I, too have liked the fashion for quite awhile now. I wonder if it has any reference to the magazine at all...

xDOOMx
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2009, 03:34 PM

No refrences to the magazine. And ony maybe 2 or 3 pictures of gothic lolita girls. But it does make lots and lots of references to Harajuku, of course, and other place that I don't know if they truly exist or not. :sweat: Like a goth lollie cafe in LA?
But, there is a Myspace page that kind of gives a preview to the book here.
And a youtoube page with a short video with goth lollie-ness, and such here.
Just in case you decide to check it out ^^

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 PM

I checked out the links above and Wow, its much darker and more mysterious than i imagined O.o Probably a little too dark for my taste though it does have that air of mystery about it that seems intriguing... I kinda had this expectation of more... on the fashion and how they fit in to normal society instead of death and disappearance ^-^"

but it is interesting I won't deny, just a little too much for me. thanks for the links though

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 PM

Huh, I never heard of it. I think I will check up to see if there are any reviews of it right now...

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 AM

i saw that when it came out and nearly got it, but i'm a little bothered by books that read like journal entries or things like that.
so i was waiting to see what sort of reviews it would get. :x

Sethmire
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOOMx View Post
No refrences to the magazine. And ony maybe 2 or 3 pictures of gothic lolita girls. But it does make lots and lots of references to Harajuku, of course, and other place that I don't know if they truly exist or not. :sweat: Like a goth lollie cafe in LA?
But, there is a Myspace page that kind of gives a preview to the book here.
And a youtoube page with a short video with goth lollie-ness, and such here.
Just in case you decide to check it out ^^
There is a store/cafe out in LA for lolita's. It's a place for Lolita's to shop then sit down for some tea. They host tea party's often and let you rent their victorian parlor for your own party's :] I don't remember the name because, being it's the only store/cafe for Lolita's and not very popular yet, but it's quiet good I hear ^^

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-19-2009, 02:43 PM

OHH This sounds like a good book, I will write it down ion my list of this to read. Shelfari here I come.

yar im pocky
pocky

Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 PM

I'd love to read it.