Zenith of Emotion
The Curious Kitty's Cave
Send a message via AIM to Zenith of Emotion Send a message via Yahoo to Zenith of Emotion

Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 AM

First of all, before continuing writing anything in this post, I would like to state that this is all in fun and good humor, and that I mean no offense to anyone who is a fan of the "Twilight Saga" or to anyone who is not a fan of said series by posting these links. In fact, I simply view these links as being humorous enough to share with fellow readers, writers, critique-rs, etc alike. I would like to think that a civil conversation can be had about this saga, with no bloodshed, no spamming, no trolling, and no insults being thrown back and forth. Too many people have become too riled up over a series that, for the most part, is not worth getting so riled up over. If this were Anne Rice turning Catholic and going "back to God" we were talking about, I could see it getting pretty heated. But honestly, the book has been published, the movies have (for the most part) been made, no use in complaining about them now. And as for those of you who insist that we must all worship the ground Meyer walks on, well, that's your own opinion. I would like for everyone to be able to express their opinions in a civil manner, and if a debate ensues, I'd like for that to remain civil as well.

Please, also take note that the first post below contains swear words, and the second post, for the most part, contains ignorance beyond belief. Both are relatively amusing, or relatively repulsive depending on how you look at them, and therefor I felt they were worth sharing with the world. Hope you all enjoyed them as much as I did.

THE DEVIN'S ADVOCATE: WHY BREAKING DAWN MUST BE MADE INTO A MOVIE

News: Taylor Lautner Fan Letter To Universal: Your Wolfman Ripped Off Twilight | Latino Review

And before anyone asks, no I do not support Meyer or the "Twilight Saga", simply because I can see where her plot, characters, description, etc could be improved, and view the novel more as something that needs work than anything else. Her methods of receiving ideas and her mary sue main character, not to mention the chauvenst/chivalrous male all tend to rub me the wrong way. However, these are my own opinions, and as such I expect them to be respected, as I will attempt to respect yours.

Hope you found these articles enjoyable, and feel welcome to comment so long as you're willing to be civil about it.

Thanks for Reading!

Last edited by Zenith of Emotion; 03-13-2010 at 02:21 PM..

akinmytua
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 PM

I liked the twilight saga as mid-teen age romance smut. Because that's what it is. It's as entertaining as Jo Beverly or Mary Jo Putney. And the craziness involving the re-writing of the myths? Meh. I read them when they first came out because I wanted to see how it would end... And I do think Breaking Dawn would make a VERY entertaining movie :)