Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-16-2010, 05:01 AM

Let us just suppose that a new dictator was in charge of the world and they abolished reading and writing. But you had the chance to save just FIVE books from being burned. What books would they be? And why?

remember, this is books not series.

I'll start:

The Bible. - I couldn't bear to lose my bible.
A Case for a Creator - my argumentative habits require backup sometimes
The Hobbit - It's a classic
An empty book for writing
Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men - for some humour, I can't imagine a life without books being very fun.

WeKickCansForFun.
HeyHiHello:)

Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 AM

Hmm..

1. The Outsiders
2. The Diary of Anne Frank
3. Artemis Fowl book 1
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
5. The Host

Milady Purity
Watch for me as the sky turns go...
Send a message via AIM to Milady Purity

Old 05-23-2010, 03:16 AM

1. The Silmarilion
2. Phantom of the Opera
3. The Bible
4. An empty sketchbook for writing or drawing
5. The Torah or Qaran. (spelling?)

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 PM

1. The Stand by Stephen King
2. Watchers by Dean Koontz
3. A Collection of Poe
4. Collection of Shakespear
5. The Lord of Rings collection

And before anyone says anything those last three do come in a one book collection. I own them.

Though really for me this is all unbelieveable for me. I could totally see them banning all books.
But I know I wouldn't be saving 5 books. The second they said we had to destroy all our books I would have a hidey hole made with all my books in it. I would then go around stealing every book I could see.

Re:no

Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 PM

1-3 "His Dark Materials" trilogy (the Golden Compass, the Subtle Knife, the Amber Spyglass): something to remind me that no tyrant can truly control you. not even the one they call god.
4 Perdido Street Station: something to remind me that things can always get worse.
5 Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West: something to remind me that the enemy isn't always what they seem.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2010, 02:15 AM

1: Eyes like Stars
2: Wicked Lovely
3: Dead Until Dark
4: Green Angel
5: The Tale of Despereaux

8D They are mostly the ones I would want to save but I would rather have not burn all my other ones and pick favorites. I would save ALL the books. ^^ Because books are important and awesome. BAM!

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 PM

1. Valiant by Holly Black- Just because it's my favorite. <3
2. The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald- Another favorite, and a classic.
3. Fahrenheit 451- It's a good book, a classic, and it completely suits the situation! :P
4. William Shakespeare: Complete Works- Need I explain? Shakespeare is the supreme master of the english language!
5. The Holy Bible- I just... couldn't lose that.

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 05-29-2010, 06:50 PM

1. A Complete Collection of all Shakespeare's works (plays and sonnets). I like Shakespeare and I like to act. My friend actually has a single book that has all of his works in it.
2. A complete collection of the Grimm Brothers' Fairytales. I like fairytales. I have this, so complete collections as single books do exist.
3. The Literary Experience. Yeah, I know it's weird wanting to keep my English book, but it has a whole lot of good reading in it.
4. A rather large blank notebook. So I can write stories of my own, or write down the plots of stories that I like, but couldn't keep since I could on save 5 books.
5. My book of Mezzo-Soprano Arias. That way I can sing, too.