Moonlit Mysteries

Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM

I have such a huge love for books,I used to read everything I could get to when I was younger,but now that I'm getting older and my life is getting more buisy I dony have as much time for my reading wishes as I'd like.So here is what I wish to do,I'm going to construct a huge library right in my own home,problem is,I'm stumped on all the books that I could be reading,yet havent.I have endless resourses to get books for this library,but I'm not sure which books would be good to use in it.

Here is what I'd like to know-what are your favoret books/genres? I'd love some help on this,anything from manga to poems would be a great help!But please,tell me a little bit about the book and why you like it,please?

rampagerose
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 PM

*Eats topic*

Well, from my previous thread, I like historical fiction. :) I have lots of the classics like books by Jane Austen, Tess of The D'Urberville's, Little Women, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

I also adore The Fall of Light by Niall Williams, which is about the Ireland famine and a family that gets thrown all over the world by it. It is very good!

Also Alva and Irva is a good one. It's very off-beat. It's about a fictional town and the lives of two sisters in it. At one point one of the sisters tattoos the entire world on her body. I can't remember the name of the author but he also wrote Observatory Mansions.

Obasan is good, about the Japanese internment camps during WW2. Breaking The Tongue is good. The Hero's Walk is really interesting, it's about a family in India. Purple Hibiscus is also an interesting read, about a girl dealing with her family in Africa.

If you still like more girl-related stories, anything by Sharon Creech was always a favourite of mine as a teenager. The Anne of Green Gables series was good, but in my opinion only the first four of eight were any good and the last four were rather dry.

Moonlit Mysteries

Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 PM

Thanks! Heh,your the historical Fiction girl.I remember your thread.I cant remember the book,but it's new,hasnty come out yet,but it is the type you seem to like,so i'll figure out the name,maybe you'd be interested in it when it comes out.

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 AM

Hey there Moonlit!

We atcually already have several threads in this section dedicated to letting people talk about their fave books and genres.
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...ite-books.html
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...endations.html
And those are just a couple of examples. :) A search of any genre should come up with a thread you can browse as well.

I'm going to lock this thread, but feel free to PM me with any questions!