Sacriface Silence
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Sacriface Silence

Old 04-14-2007, 11:21 PM

great book by Dan Brown go out and buy it if you havent read it yet!

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 AM

I personally liked Angels and Demons better then i like the DaVinci Code. it just had so much more content i felt and more mystery. i read DaVinci and was actually kinda disappointed. its a little difficult to get into Angels and Demons though, i found it very slow off the top but then once you get into it, it starts to move so quick that i was afraid to put it down in the even i would miss something.

Hollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 02:12 AM

I didn't really care for angels and demons.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 AM

I didn't care for this novel much either, but I did end up doing research on the statues around there (particularly Ecstasy of St. Theresa) and it doesn't look erotic at all.

fawN
*^_^*

Old 04-16-2007, 03:28 PM

I liked both, equally. Although when I think about the plots, I tend to remember more of Angels & Demons than I do the Da Vinci Code, but it may be because I read A&D more recently..

Lady Arucard
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Arucard Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Arucard

Old 04-16-2007, 04:12 PM

I am in the process of reading it right now. It is awesome...!!!! XD

grilled
n/a

Old 05-02-2007, 04:58 AM

Storywise I like Angels and Demons but characterwise I like Robert in the DaVinci code better, i though he had matured a lot since his first sojourn to the Vatican.

Dakota Wolf
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 PM

The book Angels and Demons is a really good book that I enjoyed reading and will probably read again.

Flinx
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 PM

I was 3/4 way to finishing the book. Personally, I really like it. Suspence and intellectual facts actually motivate me to read.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 AM

i really liked angels and demons as well. it was a bit more interesting to me thne the da vinci code, and i liked the thought that went into the earth fire air water thing. i never knew about that stuff. (never looked it up to see if it was true but ya know whatever. ) but yeah plot wise angels and demons was better. (:

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM

I thought it was ok, a lot of research was obviously put into this story....to make it seem realistic but it's not the best book in the world, I've read more interesting stories.

affairoftheheart

Old 12-24-2009, 04:36 PM

I actually love this book. Usually I'm not into anything but fantasy, but my mom got me to read Da Vinci Code, and I fell in love with it. Then I realized there was a book before it, so I read Angels and Demons. I think Robert is such a great character. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series, The Lost Symbol.

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2009, 04:49 PM

A far superior book to davinci. This one was actually energetic, and the story had some awesome elements of surprise. The davinci code was far to methodical, by about a quarter of the way through the book i was able to figure out the story... for angels and demons, it was a bit tougher. Easy to figure out, but it took longer

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Marguerite Blakeney>> lol, it looked erotic for the time period it was in, not so erotic for us now XD

I FINALLY got to watch the movie yesterday XP but I got it on blue-ray and watched it on a flat screen TV :) yay me! :)

thalia_cross
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM

I liked Angels and Demons quite a bit. Dan Brown really makes you think with some of the stuff he puts in, and I couldn't put any of the books down.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 PM

I remember having enjoyed it a fair bit. I especially liked the little historical bits of information, especially that revolving around the Vatican. Of all his books, excluding the Lost Symbol, which i've yet to read, i actually prefered Deception Point.

Alchemist of Anarchy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy

Old 01-09-2010, 06:24 PM

I love the Dan Brown books, right now I'm reading Digital Fortress and plan on reading The Lost Symbol next. the only problem with his books (and this goes especially for the newer ones that revolve around Langdon) is that they all have the same kind of flow and turn of events. So I find that I usually have to read something from a different author before I can delve into another of his books.

Angels and Demons was a great book, I ended up reading it in less than two days because once I got into it I couldn't put the thing down. And I like the fact that you can't guess at the ending as with most books of this type (I'm pretty good at figuring things out, my parents hate watching Law and Order with me) which makes them irresistable to me.

Wynn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 AM

I'm not a big fan of Dan Brown, honestly. Once you've read one of his books you've read them all, really...but Angels and Demons is alright. He kinda stole the plot from a much better book called Holy Blood, Holy Grail, which I would highly recommend that everyone read. But yeah, I just never thought that Dan Brown was a very good writer. *shrug*

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-12-2010, 04:48 PM

I read this book because my friend to me too - I like to compare him to Robert, because they act so much alike. I thought that it was going to be really boring because I'm not really a fan of Non-fiction(but still fiction) books. But it was amazing! I couldn't put it down for one second. My professors would begin to yell at me, then they would realize what book it was and we would start having in depth conversations - I would have to remind some that they were still teaching a class. It was moments like that that make me think of the book. I was really glad when they said they were going to make a movie. The results... not so much. I found that I was constantly saying what was wrong about it. Why do they always have to change books to make terrible movies?!

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM

I saw the movie and it was so complicated and full of twists if you diverted your attention for more than a minute you would miss perhaps and integral part of the movie missing understanding parts that would help you tie all the many loose ends in the movie together.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
I saw the movie and it was so complicated and full of twists if you diverted your attention for more than a minute you would miss perhaps and integral part of the movie missing understanding parts that would help you tie all the many loose ends in the movie together.
That's why I'm glad I read the book first. The movie was so much easier to understand.

pumpkins
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-16-2010, 09:33 PM

they were all the same!! i hate brown's style

Skaudie
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM

I really liked the whole series. They were very interesting throughout the entire story, and he kept you wanting more. The only thing that I really got irritated with was The Lost Symbol. He has a Sikorsky H-60 helicopter in his story, and he's got so many glaring mistakes with the aircraft, it makes me wonder if he has ever seen one, much less if he even did some research before he wrote the book. Then again, I work on H-60s as a job, so maybe I'm just being a little nit picky...

KarinKusari
*^_^*

Old 02-03-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenji-chan View Post
That's why I'm glad I read the book first. The movie was so much easier to understand.
I quite agree, but I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. Quite aside from the fact that Ewan McGregor made a fantastic Camerlengo, the screenwriters seemed to have learned from their mistakes and managed to include Langston's knowledge and deductions without the idiocy and tediousness DaVinci Code.
Wait, maybe that was just because Angels and Demons was a much, much better book than DaVinci Code. DaVinci Code got the hype; it's not a bad book, but the controversy sold more copies than the story, and I always find myself supremely irritated when that happens. Hopefully, the new book will continue in the style of Angels and Demons and not in the style of DaVinci Code.