Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 AM

Has this ever happened to you? You read a really awesome books years ago and then recently you find out that the author made a sequel to it, or some sort of continuation to the story.

This actually happened to me this morning in fact. My favorite book in the entire world is The Sight by David Clemente-Davies. I was sitting in the school library this morning looking at this stack of books in front of my friend Andie and I spot the name "Clemente-Davies". Slow me was sitting there going "Now where have I heard that name before?"

When I finally figured it out I snatched the book and looked at the cover to find that it is the sequel to The Sight and came out last year. I really wish I had still been working in the library at the time because I so would have tried to buy it from them. So I stole it from Andie, who didn't want to read it if it was a sequel to something she'd never read it and I've been squealing since then.

So discuss any times this has ever happened to you and your reactions.

Sorry by the way if this already exists, I didn't see anything.

Amithyst
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Amithyst

Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Yes that has TOTALLY happend to me before. I was really into the Artimis Fowl series by Eoin Colffer. I had thought it had all been tied up in the last book i had read. But one day I was walking along in Books-a-Million and I did a double take (if you ever seen a cartoon were ther walking along and they see a pretty girl or something and ther boddy keeps walking but ther head stays there) right there on the shelf was a brand spankin new book to the series!!

friarlynn
Send a message via MSN to friarlynn Send a message via Yahoo to friarlynn

Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM

I have done that before.

I read Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell in my junior year in high school and loved the book. I already loved the movie, but the book to me will always be a classic that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

I then came to find out not even two weeks after I read the book that there was a sequel. It is written by Alexandra Ripley and is called Scarlett. I had no idea. I have still yet to read it though, but as soon as I can find the book again I plan on reading it. It is supposed to be about Scarlett after Rhett leaves her. I can't wait to read it.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Amithyst I think I did the exact same thing when I was walking in the bookstore and saw that there was another part to the Kushiel books. She wrote a trilogy then moved onto something else, so I figured it was done. And then I walk past this brand new book. I was so happy.

Okiama
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM

When I finished "Julie of the Wolves" a while after I suddenly found out there was 2 books written after it. I was soooo happy!

Zenturio
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2008, 01:32 AM

I read the three books of "Tales of the Otori" and absolutly love them!
Some days ago i found out there's a fourth book oO and a fifth is in making... happy x3

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 PM

I read "Howl's Moving Castle" and found out there was a sequel called "Castle In the Sky". I was so stoked.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 AM

Wait...there is a third book to "Julie and the Wolves"?? Well darn. Oh and Nightshade, I found "Castle in the Sky" in my library, I also had no idea there was a sequel.

By the way I just want to share that I just finished the aforementioned "Fell" and it was an awesome follow-up to "The Sight". I suggest it to any fan of wolf and adventure stories. ^-^

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 AM

That has happen to me once with a book called "joust" It had several sequels and I didn't even realize till I saw one of the covers with familiar art.
O_o;; sequels!

juniper_silver
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 12:49 AM

That happened to me with my favorite author. I bought her first book and then later found out there were a bunch of sequels and bought them all together in the same book. I didn't think she'd make any more sequels because she'd released the book that included all the others, but one day I found a final sequel at Goodwill. It was doubly awesome because it was only 50 cents.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper_silver
That happened to me with my favorite author. I bought her first book and then later found out there were a bunch of sequels and bought them all together in the same book. I didn't think she'd make any more sequels because she'd released the book that included all the others, but one day I found a final sequel at Goodwill. It was doubly awesome because it was only 50 cents.
Yay for Goodwill and the Salvation Army. *fist cheer*

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 04-08-2008, 07:10 AM

That happened to me with Artemis Fowl as well. I read the first three and I used to own them (I recently got rid of the last two and just kept the first, since I haven't read them in years) and then I found out... there's a fourth!
Actually, looking at Wiki, apparently a fifth and sixth came out as well, but I lost interest long before that happened.

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 PM

That happens to me whenever I go to the library or bookstore it seems like...

Although lately I found that S.L. Viehl had finally written a sequel to one of her books and I squealed right in the middle of Barnes & Noble. Slightly embarrassing, but the book was totally worth it.

Cloud of Dawn
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Cloud of Dawn

Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 PM

The Sight? I'm reading it now but it's killing me...I don't get it, the beginning is kind of boring, maybe I'll keep reading it since good enough to be a favorite book.

When I finished reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, I didn't know there were sequels, (New Moon and Eclipse so far) so I thought that was how the story had ended...I was disappointed until my friend told me there were sequels and sequels to come...I was so happy x3

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 AM

This has happened to me on two occasions. The first time was when I read Fearie Wars by Herbie Brenan on a whim, just something I grabbed randomly and ended up enjoying quite a bit. I found out later from the authors website that he would be continuing the story. I actually haven't picked up the rest of the series, which is now at.. 4 books, I think? I don't know if there will be more or not.

The second time was after I finished reading Black House by Stephen King, I found out by accident that it belonged in his Dark Tower series. I finally got the first book for that series just this Easter. x3;

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 AM

Yarr... I found out that there were sequels to The Scarlet Pimpernel--though it's not the BEST book, it IS entertaining. The best part is that I finally found one of them! :o A few weeks ago, I found one in Chicago. They're exciting.

Dellia
Send a message via MSN to Dellia

Old 04-10-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selmarixie
The second time was after I finished reading Black House by Stephen King, I found out by accident that it belonged in his Dark Tower series. I finally got the first book for that series just this Easter. x3;
I don't think Black House belonged to the Dark Tower series. I own all of the books and I don't remember seeing one by that title.

Taliah
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM

While I had known about this series and there would be more, the new books always sneak up on me.

The Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale are really good.

Heiroglyphica
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2008, 03:57 AM

I'd been meaning to pick up new copies of the Catwings and Catwings Return books I read when I was in elementary school, and decided to go looking for them in the book store. I happened upon a box set and thought "Cute!" Then I realized that there were four books, not just the two I remembered. Seems Ursula K. Le Guin picked the series back up just about ten years after the two I was familiar with. I was so excited! Yeah, silly for someone my age to be reading those little fifty-page kid books, but they're so cute, and a dear part of my childhood. I rebought copies of a couple of the Little Golden Books that I loved when I was little, too. ^.^;

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 PM

it happens very rarely i often check out my favorite authers websites every month to see if the have sequel to the books i love also nighshade howls moving castle and castle in the shy are both good but not sequels to each other.

Rainy
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Rainy

Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM

This happens to me like every month or so. I'm always suprised when some book I love turns out to have a sequel...and reading like 30 books afterward :)
Tis awesome!!! >.<

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-14-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selmarixie
I don't think Black House belonged to the Dark Tower series. I own all of the books and I don't remember seeing one by that title.

I don't think Black House is so much a part of the Dark Tower series as it is connected to it. It does involve one of the towers, but I think that's it. I haven't read any of the dark towers.

But did you know that there was a book that came before Black House called the Talisman. That's the only reason I read Black House, was because it was a sequel.

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 04-14-2008, 04:56 AM

Actually it hasnt, everytime i find a book i like theres generally already a running series for it XD the only solo books i read oh so long ago that i used to love was one called "Raptor Red" about the life of a Utah Raptor from her point of view (i used to be a dino geek)

And then there was "Ella Enchanted" as far as i know no sequel to that was made...just a very bad movie i refused to go see T_T

I actually cant find either of those books...got them in like elemetary/middle school and i guess i did something with them and i've since graduated highschool in 2003 so no clue where all my old books are D:

Saria Florite
Collector Of Expensive Dolls

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 PM

O_O
I have also had this happen to me. The book ia called Abarat, and it said "End of the first book of Abarat" on one of the last pages. So I thought "Okay, the next one should be out soon. Well 3 or 4 years past until I was on one of my Chapters missions and saw it, just sitting there, on a table. I think I scared the crap out of my mother when I yelled "OHMYGAWDABARAT!", she was standing right beside me at the time.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 PM

Heh I already see her name in this thread but I did this with Ursula K Le Guin's Earthsea series. I read A Wizard of Earthsea at school, not as part of a class it just happened to be one of the books in my English classroom, and I really enjoyed it. I liked it so much I went out and bought the Earthsea quartet collected in one book.

That must have been about three years ago. I've read the books again since then but I honestly thought other than the short stories there were no other Earthsea books. So when I saw The Other Wind in a charity shop I just thought it was another novel by Ursula Le Guin. I find it funny it is part of the Earthsea series considering that Tehanu was even subtitled 'The Last Book of Earthsea'.