Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 AM

A World Of Color

Ten friends, and ten completely different personalities. These friends all live in the same neighborhood, and all go to the same school. The lone fact that keeps them together is the friendship they bonded with at an early age, in the old days of kindergarten. As they grow more and more into their personalities and into their new cliques, and away from each other, they learn that they're all missing something, and one of their former friends has it. Hearts will be broken, and love will be restored... if only they could find out who it is that truly has their heart.

[ OOC ]

Last edited by Roka; 12-13-2011 at 05:31 AM..

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-30-2011, 04:11 AM

Character Overviews

Red is a very strong color. It is often associated with stop or "beware". It’s a hot color that evokes a powerful emotion of passion, energy, blood, war, danger, strength, power, and determination. - Taken by Quarter_Queen ( Soom Lee )

Orange is a bright and warm color. It represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. - Taken by sunnybunny ( Matt Shouna )

Yellow represents youth, fun, happiness, sunshine, and other light playful feelings. Yellow can also be associated with being scared and, cowards. - Taken by Wavikz ( Isaac Lee Hertz )

Green is associated with ambition, inexperience, greed, and jealousy. - Open

Blue is a cool calming color that shows creativity and intelligence. It is a color of trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, faith, and truth. - Taken by Aoi Kazuya ( Junsui Xiao-Li Fukuyama )

Purple
combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Throughout history purple has been associated with royalty, nobility and prestige. It symbolizes mystery, magic, power and luxury. - Taken by PapillonCameo ( Priscilla Ann Endredi )

Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness. - Taken by Kya Katsumi ( Cheri Amarie Scott )

White is often associated with being pure, clean, fresh and innocent. It is usually used for something positive or containing goodness. However, the color white shows dirt and other unclean things. - Taken by Roka (Ashli Renee Barker )

Gray is a lonely, depressing color. It symbolizes modesty, dignity, maturity, solidity, conservativeness, practicality, and sadness. - Taken by Wavikz ( Jackson Roy Allan McKinney )

Black is often a color used to portray something evil, depressing, powerful, deathly or mysterious. It is a manipulative color. - Taken by Drexy4ever ( Devante Ronald Smith )

Last edited by Roka; 12-14-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-02-2011, 04:46 AM

Character Profiles

Soom Lee (Red)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter_Queen View Post
Quarter_Queen

Soom Lee

I am Red .

People call me Soom.
I am 17 years old.
I am female.

• My story;

Tch. What are you staring at? Am I that interesting? Oh, puh-leez. I’m just an ordinary girl. What’s that? The cigarette smoke is bothering you? Well, if you can’t handle it, go run out of here like the little wimp you are.

Anyways, continuing. My life is pretty boring by my standards. My dad’s some big CEO-thingy on Wall Street, and my mom’s a ditzy makeup artist. I guess my house is pretty big. After all, the damn thing has thirty freaking rooms, not including closets and bathrooms.

All of my friends are these plastic, spoiled, trust-fund babies who can’t stick up for themselves. I guess we’re the group of people that are “popular”. Why am I friends with people who copy off my test answers? Well, it’s better than being friends with those druggies, the wannabes, and those gross nerdy vampire lovers.

People tend to label me as “that mean but pretty girl.” What the hell? I can tell you for sure, I’m not mean without a reason. I’m flattered that the faceless masses call me pretty; but please, get to know me a bit first. I can’t lie, I do have an enormous temper; and I do love bossing people around. However, I’m not some psycho-dictator. Jeez.

Matt Shouna (Orange)X

x

Isaac Lee Hertz (Yellow)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavikz
Wavi

Isaac Lee Hertz

I am yellow.

People call me Izzy.
I am 17 years old.
I am male.

• My story;

Where to even start. How about my hat. Jelly, right? Yes. I am OBSESSED with cats. They are so F*#$ing awesome. But I also like dogs. See my pooch? Ain't he sexy?

Sh!t just got real, son. For reals. Dog. Home-dog. HOME SLICE. OH YEAH. I mean, ohhh yeah.

Holy hell! The room is spinning. Weeeee!

I like the sun. It is bright. And yellow. And awesome. LIKE ME! I'm so f*$@ing fly it ain't even funny. I mean... word.

I KISSED A BOY AND I LIKED IT.

This bro doesn't judge. All sh!t tastes like heaven to me.

Oh. The fam? They are pretty awesome. Mum is an accountant. Pa is a lawyer. Fo'sho. I'm rich.

Dude, I will name this cat... Kitty Amazing.

Am I done yet? Nope. Still fly, fly like the sky! La la la! BAM SHA BAM!

(Green)X

x

Junsui Xiao-Li Fukuyama (Blue)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Kazuya View Post
Aoi Kazuya

Junsui Xiao-Li Fukuyama

I am Blue .

People call me Junsui.
I am 17 years old.
I am male.

• My story;

I'm special. Why? Because I am. And that's not a lie. I believe that everybody is special in their own right, and I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. My beliefs are my own and it's alright if nobody shares the same views.

I had a pretty normal childhood, or what I call normal at least. My dad is a tattoo artist while my mom works as a fashion designer so I wear a lot of her work since she claims that I'm her muse. I am what people call a "halfie" I guess? My dad's Japanese and my mom's Chinese. Appearance wise I take after my dad completely, personality wise I take after my mom. Interest wise...I guess I'm a bit of both? I like graphic design so i guess it's a natural born interest in my family.

I live in a two story "house" with lots of windows to let in natural sunlight. My friends have often told me that every room is like an art exhibit, if it wasn't designed by my dad, it was designed by my mom. If it wasn't my mom, it was my dad. If it wasn't either, it was me. I've always followed the belief that art is everywhere, I guess my family just unconsciously surrounded ourselves in it.

I guess it's lonely being an only child. There were complications with my birth so my mom couldn't risk having another child. It would have been nice to have a little sister or a little brother... but it's not entirely bad. Dad, mom, and I are a close-knit family, and when they aren't around, I still have my friends to turn to.

But my life isn't always sparkles and happiness. I get bullied and picked-on a lot at school. I've always been effeminate, so it was inevitable that I'd get teased. It wasn't so bad when I was younger... but times change and so do people.

Priscilla Ann Endredi (Purple)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo View Post
PapillonCameo

Priscilla Ann Endredi

I am Purple .

People call me Priscilla.
I am 17 years old.
I am female.

• My story;

Priscilla grew up always wondering what had happened to her mother. At first people evaded the little girl's constant questions until her father finally gave in. The woman had died in childbirth leaving the little girl and her father behind. It didn't change very much for Priscilla except now she understood why people kept tip toeing around the subject of mothers. From then on the brunette assured herself that she would be the best daughter possible.

Considering her father's wealth it meant hours of rigorous lessons, etiquette, horsemanship, fencing, all in addition to regular school hours. Then one day her father helped a woman in a restaurant. Of course from then on they were stuck like glue. The seventeen year old was now stuck with a step brother she knew nothing about, with horrible manners for all she knew, and a woman monopolized every minute with her father.

Cheri Amarie Scott (Pink)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kya Katsumi View Post
Kya Katsumi

Cheri (share-ee) Amarie Scott

I am pink.

People call me Cheri or Cher.
I am 16 years old.
I am female.

• My story;

Cheri is a good example of your typical girl. She loves shopping, her girlfriends, and most of all, boys. She comes from a home where her mother and father don't get along, ever. The constant fighting, home destruction and mental abuse from her father's alcoholism has pushed her into a destructive path of seeking love from a man elsewhere. Unfortunately for Cheri, she tends to fall for guys too much like her own father, and even older men.

Throwing herself into any activity or hobby that may attract the boy she's been searching for, Cheri will do just about anything to be accepted by a male counterpart, even her male teachers. She is sweet and caring and doesn't let on that anything bothers her if something does. Cheri would do anything for a friend, but tends to fall head over heels for any guy who so much as smiles her way, putting him before anything else. She doesn't have much of a voice when it comes to standing up for herself or what is right, but she's slowly finding it as she discovers that she doesn't need the attention of a boy/man who only wants her as arm candy.

Cheri is beautiful and petite, standing at 5'3" with long silky blonde hair and emerald green eyes. Her skin is fair and flawless and she always smells like something sweet and welcoming.

Ashli Renee Barker (White)X

Roka

Ashli Renee Barker

I am white.

People call me Ashli, Ash, Li, Renee.
I am 16 years old.
I am female.

• My story;

People always think that because I'm so quiet, I'm hiding something. They ask me all sorts of random questions to try to figure out my life story, but time and time again I tell them that I'm actually a normal person.

If I didn't care so much about others, I wouldn't be in this position. But I just had to come out nice and sweet and wanting the best for everyone. Not that it's a bad thing, but sometimes I feel like I want a little spice in my soup, if you get my meaning.

I live in a normal two-story house near the middle of town, so I have pretty easy access to everything. I have normal parents - a mother who works too much, a father who doesn't work enough - and a pretty normal appearance. Brown hair and brown eyes sort of gets boring after a while, and that plus my innocence plus my body type doesn't exactly make me stand out to the guys.

I just don't want to be normal anymore.

Jackson Roy Allan McKinney (Gray)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavikz View Post
Wavi

Jackson Roy Allan McKinney

I am GRAY .

People call me ROY.
I am SEVENTEEN (going on thirty) years old.
I am MALE.

• My story;

My life wasn't all that simple. Some say I'm the reason my father left. Perhaps it was me, but I like to think it wasn't. In all practicality, it just doesn't seem fitting. Would he really abandon his flesh and blood? Mother never described him that way. Sometimes I think he died. He was a soldier... I think.

Either way, I grew up pretty alone. Mom worked two jobs to keep me fed and happy. She was always stressed and was always telling me that things would get better. That the "sun would come out tomorrow." Around the time I was ten years old, she eventually bumped into this rather rude man at the restaurant she was working for. According to her, the guy was sexually harassing her and was planning to get "rough" with her. Thankfully, another man came to her aid.

Ever since that fateful encounter, the two were, literally, stuck like glue to one another. He eventually proposed (around my sixteen birthday). They are in the process of getting married. It's all set up for this July 20th. I'm happy for her. He's quite the nice fellow. He reminds me of what I think my dad would have been like had he not vanished.

Anyway, I'm still lonely despite the fact that I have a sister, step-sister. She's... interesting. I do my best to be polite and mature around mom's lover, as I don't want to ruin her happiness. Although, underneath those forced smiles and laughs, I'm still really just a sad little boy that truly misses his father.

I still can't help but wonder what he was like....

Devante Ronald Smith (Black)X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexy4ever View Post
Drexy4ever

Devante Ronald Smith

I am black.

People call me De (pronounced Day).
I am 17 years old.
I am male.

• My story;

Devante's not fake, but just as shady as they get. He dresses like a thug, but he's actually one good grade away from all A's, and he's never touched drugs or guns in his life. But he does get in trouble almost every day. He doesn't understand why people don't like him, and he probably never will. He's always been able to control a crowd of people easily, since his misfitness makes him an automatic threat. He feels misunderstood.

Last edited by Roka; 12-14-2011 at 11:56 PM..

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-07-2011, 01:19 AM

Rules

1. Follow Menewsha's rules.
2. Don't bitch, whine, or moan about anyone else's character or that character's actions. You have no right to tell us what we can and can't do. If you feel that someone is pushing the line, consult with the person first, and then me.
3. If you're going to be gone for a while, tell someone (preferably me). This way, we can refrain from including your character in posts that will keep everyone stuck, and you won't have to dig yourself out of a hole when you come back.
4. Please try to post at least two short paragraphs. However, one short paragraph (5-7 lines) will be accepted; anything under that is not acceptable, no matter what. This doesn't mean that you have to have a page-stretching post - I've always believed in quality over quantity - but we all need something to go off of.
5. God-moding and creating Mary/Gary-Sues is not allowed here. Like I said before, you don't have control over any other person's characters but your own. The only person allowed to control more than their own characters is me, and that will be under dire circumstances only.
6. Don't argue with me over something stupid/drama/your problems going on in the thread. If I don't ignore you, I'll make it hell for you for bringing up something so stupid. Remember; you'll always lose against the thread creator.

Last edited by Roka; 12-07-2011 at 02:57 AM..

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-13-2011, 01:42 AM

Character Schedules

Soom Lee
AP English
AP French
Chemistry
AP Calculus
Lunch
Gym/Art
AP Writing
Family Consumer Science

Matt Shouna

Isaac Lee Hertz

[ Green ]

Junsui Xiao-Li Fukuyama

Priscilla Ann Endredi

Cheri Amarie Scott

Ashli Renee Barker
Zero Period - Advanced Broadcast
AP Calculus
AP History
Spanish III
Government
Lunch
Honors English
AP Writing
Family Consumer Science.

Jackson Roy Allan McKinney
AP Calculus
AP History
AP Chemistry
AP English
Lunch
Chorus/Gym
AP Writing
Politics and Debate

Devante Ronald Smith

Last edited by Roka; 12-15-2011 at 09:39 PM..

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-13-2011, 01:43 AM

Reserved

For future use.

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 AM

Ashli Renee Barker

The sun shone behind Ashli's eyelids,
completing the task that her alarm clock had failed to do. The sheer brightness had her rolling out of bed and stumbling towards the bathroom, realizing that if she didn't get up now, one of her parents would come and get her up when she was much more comfortable.

She showered, dressed, and began to wash her face and brush her teeth. She was brushing her stick-straight hair - not that it needed much help - and getting ready to head out when she noticed a little sticky note on her mirror.

Your first day of school is today - it starts at 7:45. Don't be late!
XOXO - Mom

P.S. I packed your lunch in the fridge.

Ah, she thought, checking her small clock. She had plenty of time, and absolutely no way to spend it. She made sure she had everything packed and ready to go, and changed her outfit countless times, eventually settling on a deep crimson colored shirt, blue skinny jeans, and cream colored Toms. When she couldn't take it anymore, she left the house early, getting in the small blue Echo that was waiting in her designated parking space outside.

~~~

She realized that being one of the first people to school, she had the opportunity of choosing the best parking space. She did so gladly, and began walking around the campus, determining the quickest ways to get from class to class.

It can't be long until school starts now, she thought, crossing the quad to sit on one of the benches scattered around.

[ OOC: Sorry for the incredibly long and dry post. I wasn't exactly sure how to start everything off, so I tried to include as much information as possible without outright stating it. I'm pretty sure I did, though... /sigh. I just hope you all are better at opening posts than I ~ ]

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 12-13-2011, 08:18 PM

"Xiao-Li! You up yet?" A sweet sounding voice called up the staircase, the smell of a freshly cooked breakfast wafting up and filling the entire building.

In the darkest room on the second floor, the lump in the middle of the bed moved, shifting and elongating before the blanket was pushed back to reveal a pair of blue-purple eyes, blinking tiredly in the darkness. Junsui sat up, rubbing his neck with one hand while stretching with the other, running his hand through his hair when he was done. A yawn stretched his lips as he slid out of bed, cringing as his feet met the cold hardwood floor.

He padded over to the general area of the windows and groped with his hands blindly in the air for a moment before his fingers closed over cloth and he jerked his hand to the side, bringing the curtains with it. Sunlight filled the room, blinding him momentarily.

"Xiao-Li!"

"I'm up mom!" Junsui responded, clearing his throat afterward. He stared out the window at the sky for a few seconds before turning away from the window and moving back to his bed. He fixed his blankets up before exiting his room to enter the bathroom.

After brushing his teeth and some other morning essentials, Junsui reentered his room with a pair of jeans on and a towel thrown around his shoulders, his hair dripping water. He stretched both arms above his head until both his shoulders popped and then headed to his closet. He pulled out a black collared shirt and slipped it on, buttoning it haphazardly before throwing on a white tie. He retrieved a belt from where it hung on the edge of his bed and buckled it around his waist before toweling his hair as dry as he could and dropping the towel where the belt had been hanging.

Junsui slid down the banister to the first floor, making a clean landing as his mom stuck her head out from the living room. "Oh good. You don't want to be late to the first day of school, right, Xiao-Li?"

"No mother."

"Was that my son I heard making a perfect landing?"

Junsui rolled his eyes and joined his parents in their laughter as he walked into the kitchen, where his dad was just setting down the last plate. Junsui's mom appeared at his shoulder and smiled at her husband. "Everything looks delicious dear." The three of them sat down for breakfast and just talked about the things that the two adults saw during their work hours. By and by, Junsui glanced at the clock and excused himself.

"School awaits." he said, smiling softly as he got up. He bent to give his mom a hug and nodded to his dad before leaving the kitchen. He snagged the bag he'd dropped at the foot of the staircase and picked up a set of keys from the sidetable. From there he let the front door snap shut behind him as he made his way to the garage. The red Ferrari in the garage seemed to call out to him and he chuckled to himself before getting in, dumping the bag in the passenger side seat.

The drive to school was mostly quiet as Junsui had opted to turn the radio off and just leave the windows open. He pulled into the school parking lot, noting that it was still fairly empty, and parked smoothly. He rolled the windows back up and dropped his keys into his bag as he got out, shutting the door behind him. He stretched again, glancing at the school building before heading to one of the empty benches in front of the school. He'd come early.

{sorry 'bout the length guys. and i didn't mean to have a flashy car, but as soon as i asked my friends to name a car, two of the guys yelled Ferrari, one girl yelled Lamborghini, and the other girl called Porsche.

oh and sorry about all the fluff in this post >.>}

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Hastily the brunette shut off her alarm clock with a groan. Today was not the time to dawdle. It was the first day of school, and she had to make an impression! Of course, doing such a thing wasn't difficult when your father was a rich and powerful man. But that wasn't all there was to him, Evraim Endredi was also kind, compassionate and all too trusting. It was one of the reasons why Priscilla tried so hard to be the perfect daughter for him. She wanted to make her father proud.

Now though there was a hitch. A major one at that. Her father was getting married to some low class woman who had probably chosen him as her target very carefully. Of course, her father had done everything to make sure the two women in his life didn't meet. The man knew how protective of him Priscilla was. Grumbling a little, she picked out her clothing for the day carefully. As she did so a maid entered with the golden eyed girl's food. After placing it on a table she left hastily.

Priscilla was known for having a temper when mornings came around. Slipping into her white blouse and her sweet black skirt, the young woman ate her food hastily. Grabbing her bag she rushed out of the room and down the many flights of stairs withing the mansion. Finally reaching the outdoors Priscilla slipped into the limo waiting for her. Soon enough the sleek black vehicle was pulling in behind the school as usual.

Thanking the driver, the young woman stepped out into the brisk morning air with a frown. It was such a bother... Shaking her head, she walked quietly to the front of the school in her black mary janes. Priscilla noticed a blue haired young man sitting alone at one of the benches, but decided against joining him. She never paid much attention to her school mates, so the girl didn't even know if he was new to the school or not. Instead Priscilla sat upon another bench as near to the school building as possible.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 12-13-2011 at 10:11 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 PM

Reaching out to grab her cell phone from the bedside table, Cheri Scott pressed the tiny side button to silence the rather quiet jingle that was her alarm. Lazily, she sat up, swinging her petite legs over the edge of the bed, a small yawn escaping her as she stretched her arms out high above her head. "Good morning boys," she said to the hundred posters of attractive men she had pinned into her walls. She slipped her feet into her fuzzy purple slippers and padded off to the bathroom, where she brushed her long silky straight blonde hair, and then her teeth, leaning forward to give herself a big cheesy smile.

When she was finished, she made her way to the large walk-in closet, stifling another yawn as she stepped inside to flip through the mass amount of clothes. Picking out a short layered pink and white skirt, and light green top that would surely show her navel should she decide to stretch, Cheri smiled. It was going to be a great first day. She slipped out of the soft pink pajama shorts and matching tank top and into the fresh clothes, topping them with a brown belt and set of brown bracelets. Quickly pulling on a pair of brown boots, Cheri moved to stand in front of the tall stand up body mirror.

The loud slam of a door downstairs caused her to jump, and then frown. You'd think she'd be used to the sound by now, but it always got her heart racing. Her father was downstairs yelling now, something about breakfast being two minutes late. Emerald eyes stared back at her in the mirror as she listened to her mother defending herself; it was only two minutes. Cheri would never be in a relationship where she was so used and disrespected, so she thought to herself as she shook her head. But sadly, she had never been in a relationship where she was anything more than just that; used and disrespected. But she was attracted to that sort of guy, what could she say? She didn't know any different.

Grabbing her cell phone from the bedside table and her book bag, she exited her room, making haste as she descended the stairs to the kitchen. She grabbed a piece of toast from the center of the table and hugged her mother, then kissed her father on the cheek and disappeared out the door, not wanting to be drug into the middle of the fight. The school was only a couple of blocks away, so she hopped on the sidewalk and headed that way.

~~~*~~~

As she stepped up to the front of the school, she spotted her good friend Priscilla sitting on a bench. "Priscilla!" she shouted, waving her hand. When Cheri reached her, she threw her arms around her neck in a gentle hug attack as she smiled. "How are you Priscilla? I heard your father's getting married finally! Do you like her, is she nice, does she have any kids, will you be moving, when's the wedding!?" Cheri spouted off the questions one after another, not giving Priscilla any time to respond before finally releasing her and staring with a wide grin as she awaited her answers. What could she say, she hadn't seen her friend in quite some time, and she was a little excited.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 PM

Lifting her head as a familiar voice called her name, the brunette smiled lightly. Of course, she braced herself at the same time for the explosive hug Cheri threw her way. Returning it lightly, the young woman listened quietly to the barrage of questions thrown her way. The other girl was always so exuberant! And though her manners weren't up to Priscilla's standards, Cheri's good heart overrode that and always had. They'd been friends for a while now, and things didn't look like they were going to change anytime soon.

Rearranging her clothing, Priscilla hid what she really felt about the wedding behind her usual polite mask. "I'm doing well, though I'm hoping we don't get the same history teacher as last year. He had horrible taste in clothing." That was the easy question to answer, now on to the more difficult ones. Cheri always seemed to pinpoint the things Priscilla didn't want to talk about. Oh well, what was a friend to do? "I haven't even met this woman yet. My father is being paranoid as usual, wanting to make everything perfect before any kind of meeting between us takes place. I've heard she has a son, but I have no idea who he is, what he looks like, or even how old the young man is." A slight tinge of distaste flitted trough her voice as the young woman spoke.

She already had her mind made up. The boy was going to be just like his mother, taking advantage of her father's kind heart. Priscilla knew judging others like this without meeting them was a horrible thing to do, but after living with her father all to herself for so long the young woman didn't want to share. Selfishness, the emotion sometimes slipped into the young woman's heart even when she did her best to bar it out.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-13-2011, 11:33 PM

Soom Lee

"Wake up. School today first day. Breakfast is ready." Livinda, one of the Lee family's maids uttered in her choppy English. The stocky maid walked over to the silk curtains and opened them to reveal a beautiful scenery and let in the light. "Let's go, let's go." She walked over to Soom's bed and ripped off the duvet covers to reveal a skinny girl scantily dressed in lingerie.

Soom rolled over and blinked a couple of times, trying as hard as she could to block the infiltrating sunlight. "Sheesh, Livinda. You could've at least woken me up properly." She spoke with an annoyed tone, then gathered herself and rolled out of bed onto the plush carpeted floor to walk -- it was more like strutting -- over to the adjoining bathroom.

After brushing her teeth and going through her usual morning routine, the short-haired girl shuffled over to the obnoxiously large double doors that housed Soom's never-ending collection of clothing.

Soom grabbed the first things she saw in the closet. It didn't really matter what she wore, since she could make even a tattered sack look good. She ended up with the following outfit: A grey long-sleeved V-necktop, army jeans, and a pair ofboots. Soom took a glance at herself in one of the many mirrors in her room, applied a tiny amount of makeup – her features were already pretty flawless so makeup didn’t really change anything – and click-clacked her way down the mansion’s many steps.

“Sooooooooomie!” Her mother squealed as she arrived in the dining room with the breakfast the cook had made for her first day back at school. “여보, 오늘은 어떠세요?” Her mother hated having to talk in English, so she spoke in Korean almost all the time at home. “I’m good, mom.” Soom responded, and they ate their breakfast in silence. She wiped her mouth off with a napkin after she was done and started heading up to her room to collect her things. “See you after school, mom.” Her mother waved back half-heartedly, her mind already preoccupied. “나중에 보자.”

“Tch. I’m early.” Soom sighed and parked her black-on-black Lamborghini Murcielago in a free space close to the building. She had decided to wait for a moment, and then get out.

“Lighter, lighter…” Soom mumbled to herself as she fished through her bag to find her lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Spotting the two items she was searching for, she then proceeded to light the Gaulouise Bleue cancer stick and opened the car door.

Soom stepped out of her car one foot at a time and glanced around. From where she was standing, she saw that only a few people had arrived. A two girls sitting near the school had caught her eye. If she remembered correctly, her name was Priscilla-something-or-other. Her father often came over for business meetings with her father and whatnot.

The willowy girl ran her bejeweled fingers through her hair and blew out a puff of smoke. Others would get yelled at for smoking on school premises, but nobody even bothered to yell at Soom ever since her father had donated a new wing to the school.

“Xiao-Li!” Soom caught sight of her boyfriend sitting by himself on an empty bench and sauntered over to him, leaving a trail of smoke in her wake. “How’s life?”

[Translations:
여보, 오늘은 어떠세요?=How are you, Honey?
나중에 보자=See you soon]

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 12-14-2011, 01:15 AM

"Sometimes we can't tell the different between our dreams and reality."

As the faint sound of tears crashing onto the floor came to an end, the sound of distance footsteps seemed to draw nearer. They were almost too light to hear, but they still there. Had the floor boards not squeaked under the weight, one might have assumed he just up and vanished. However, the creaking sounds of the floorboards bending in on one another seemed to keep the air alive.

His dull blue-gray eyes landed on the silhouette of a slouched over woman. Drawing closer to her frame, it could be noticed that her forehead had become one with a crumbled up page of a newspaper. Highlighted in yellow - it was her favorite color - was an ad that sought to hire a photographer's assistant.

Ever since he could remember, his mother wanted to be a photographer. She, however, was never given that chance. Unlike his life, she was born with a complete family. But it was all blown to hell around her sixteenth birthday. Her parents and twin sister died in a terrible car accident. She should have been dead, but, as if by fate, she was spared.

"I didn't hear you come in last night," he said placing a firm, yet gentle kiss on her head.

"Oh baby," her silver eyes flickered open to meet his. A sheepish smile was painted on her narrow face. The ink from the newspaper had even managed to transfer to her skin, which caused the 6 foot 2 inch male to chuckle.

"I'm bringing sexy back," she said with a wink before she pushed herself up from the table. "Why don't you run and shower and I'll get you something to eat?" It wasn't really a request, it was an order.

Nodding with a bit of relief, the slender male hobbled down the hallway and toward the bathroom. He would spend the next ten minutes scrubbing his body from head to toe. The cold water washed away his fear and helped sooth his soul. Although, for a moment, had one dared to peek at him, they might have sworn that tears were rolling down his cheek.

Nonetheless, when he finished up his shower, he wandered into his room and donned himself with a pair of black and gray undergarments. A pair of black skinny jeans took hold of his legs and a tight-fitting dark gray shirt with a light gray cross-like image was adorning his upper body.

His name was Jackson Roy Allan McKinney. He was the only child of Ms. Natalia Carey and Mr. Jackson McKinney. He was seventeen this year and gearing up for his last year of high school, a thought that still brought tears to his mother's eyes. If he were able to attend college, he wanted to get a degree that would land him a job in a white collar field, preferably, the FBI.

When he was done eating his jellied toast and fruit cup, he placed a sweet kiss on his mother's cheek before he peeled down the seven flights of stairs to the street below. Parked out back was his ride -- a motorcycle. Despite his mother's best wishes, Roy refused to trade it in for anything more. However, it wasn't out of rebellion. No, it was out of compassion. He knew getting a car would starve his mother so he opted for the "cheaper" alternative -- a motorcycle.

The ride to school took about twenty-minutes. It was a fairly decent day for a ride, so Roy had nothing to complain about.

Pulling into one of the back spots, he sighed. It was so typical of him to arrive on-time. Although, today, he left a bit early so he could do something out of the ordinary.

Parking his bike, he unmounted and placed the brilliant yellow and gray helmet under his arm. Swinging his backpack on, he strolled away from his ride and toward the main entrance.

Roy's eyes wandered down the pathway as he looked for a familiar face. Her face. Slowing his pace some, he shuffled through his bag for the items he sought. When they were finally easily accessible, he continued his hunt.

When he finally spied her, he smirked. Creeping around behind her, the male laced his arms around her neck. Before she could even turn around to see who it was, a bouquet of white daisies, yellow roses, and orange lilies were flashed before her eyes.

"For you, mi amor." His voice was as soft as ever as it kissed the skin of her neck. Those whispered words of love were one of his specialties, especially when he was trying to impress his girlfriend, Ashli Renee Barker.

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-14-2011, 02:43 AM

Ashli heard the familiar sound of a motorcycle in the distance, but when she glanced around, she didn't see him, or the bright lights of his bike. She was slightly disappointed, but shrugged it off when she remembered how he always liked to arrive just before the bell rang. She filled the time by scanning for some of her other friends, spotting out Cheri and Priscilla. She also saw Soom Lee and her boyfriend, Junsui Fukuyama, and hastily looked away. It wasn't that Ashli wasn't as close to them as they used to be, but she just couldn't look at the other couples right now without her other half.

Her thoughts were broken when arms wrapped around her neck, but stopped herself from freaking out completely when she heard his voice.

"Roy! Flowers?" She asked, tilting her head to kiss his cheek. "You never fail to keep surprising me," she said as she took them, brushing her hand against his. She ignored the few glances that they'd - or rather, Roy - begun receiving once more students had begun arriving, but she shrugged them off. She'd been told by a few of her friends that they were an odd couple, as if Ashli didn't know that already. She only came up to about shoulder-height to Roy, and he was much paler than she in comparison, but that wasn't where the differences ended. She was a popular choice for the most loved person, but Roy was the most popular candidate for the most loved-to-be-avoided.

That didn't stop her from loving him, anyway.

"I missed you. I haven't seen you in..." She paused as she went to count the days since she'd seen him last, all the while, pulling him around the bench to sit beside her. "... a few weeks? Either way, I'm glad you're here now." She paused to put the flowers in her backpack, but continued to hang on to one white daisy, twirling it around her fingers.

"What's new?"

Drexy4ever
Don't start nothin', won't be no...

Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 AM

"Devan-te! Get up!" Devante's dad said, shaking Devante's shoulders and opening the curtains like he did on the first day of every year. Devante jumped out of bed and waited for his dad to leave his room, then closed his door and pulled the covers back over his head. Not even a second later, the door came bursting back open. "I said get up, De. You finta be late to school. You ain't gonna do this year like you did last year. Get up!" his dad said, standing at the door and waiting for Devante to make his way to the bathroom and watched him as he went in and began brushing his teeth, angry from the morning. Devante was never a morning person.

"You best wipe that salty look off yo face. You goin' to school today. It ain't gonna be like last year." Mr. Smith said, referring to how last year, Devante had switched all the clocks in the house to an hour forward 2 days before the first days of school so he could get more sleep. "I don't care how you look, if you ain't go no clothes on, nothin', because we leavin' at 7:30 am." Mr. Smith continued as Devante spit into the sink and rinsed his mouth out with water. He walked slowly back to his room, his dad still with his eyes on him, and took off his shirt. "It's 7:25, Dev. You best hurry up. You ain't even put lotion on your face good." Mr. Smith nagged. Devante rolled his eyes and put on his new red South Pole tee and dark-wash baggy jeans. Then he grabbed his socks, put them on slowly, and slipped on his new Nikes. "Now go brush your head. Your hair looks like a damn rat's nest." Mr. Smith said, holding the car keys in his hands, now. Devante sighed and began to brush his freshly cut hair back, then rubbed lotion on his face and sprayed on his cologne. "Alrighty, De! I guess we can go!" Mr. Smith said, happily. "Good, dad, 'cause I'm ready." Devante said, meaning it. He was very happy with himself for getting ready so fast.

Devante scratched his head and laid it on the car's shiny window. It was cool against his forehead. He did not want to go to school, just so he could be stared at and ridiculed all day. Or be called a pessimist by the populars and a gang banger by the others. He planned on ditching during lunch, which, according to his schedule, wasn't until 6th period for him. He sighed, hoping there was a ton of new kids and all the old kids moved away or got killed. He laughed at that thought and closed his eyes.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 AM

Junsui looked up from where he had been seemingly contemplating the sidewalk and turned to look over his shoulder, smiling at the sight of his girlfriend. Many people had wondered about their relationship, though no one had ever said anything against it. Truth was, the two of them made a good couple. Or they looked good together at any rate. He hadn't really listened to the rumors much, he had never really cared for such things before, his parents had made sure of that.

"Soom." he responded softly, "Life's going I suppose. How was your summer? I'm sorry I wasn't around to spend time with you."

He hadn't been able to see his girlfriend over the summer vacation as much as he thought she deserved since he'd been away traveling with his parents or taking design classes in all his free time. He'd sent her letters and e-mails whenever he could get internet, managing a few phone calls between classes.

He turned so that he was facing her fully and held his arms out to the sides, silently asking for a hug. So what if he was a little childish sometimes? Soom had never said anything against it... and he trusted her to tell him things like that. If his behavior bothered her or if he said something wrong, he trusted that she'd tell him and then let him fix whatever it was he had done.

Not that he ever gave her reason to. He understood that Soom was a strong person, she didn't need him to coddle her. It was really a matter of perspective. He didn't understand why she surrounded herself with the people she did, but he didn't question her decisions. Things worked themselves out eventually anyway.

Students were starting to enter the school grounds now and Junsui spared about a second's glance to them before returning his attention to his girlfriend.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 12-14-2011, 04:15 AM

Nodding her head as Priscilla talked about last year's history teacher, she recalled unbuttoning the top button of her blouses and hitching up her skirts and sitting in the front of the class to get a better grade. It had worked, and she knew because she didn't do a single night's homework the whole year, and still made an A.

"Huh? You haven't even met her?", Cheri asked with surprise. "You're just supposed to meet her on the day of wedding day or what? That's strange. But don't worry Pris, I'm sure they won't be so bad," she said reassuringly. Her eyes widened, "Oh! What if they turn out to be serial killers and they travel around feeding off of single men like your dad, and then she kills them and they collect all the money and move on to another state to do it again!?", Cheri said dramatically with an evil grin. She always knew exactly what not to say, and said it. Her smile faded to a look of seriousness, "Oh, I guess we would have heard about something like that on the news."

The familiar sound of a motorcycle approaching the school made Cheri turn her head to watch Roy McKinney pull into a spot nearby. She didn't take her eyes off of him the entire time he made his way towards the entrance. "He's so hot," she said, practically drooling. "Ashli is such a lucky girl." Cocking her head to the left curiously she spoke again with less of a drool effect, "I wonder if the three of us have any classes together this year," she said with a frown. "I'm going to go find Ash, wanna come? I think there's a little time left before our first class."

Cheri wasn't as airheaded as she would seem to a stranger, she was much deeper than she would ever let on. Unfortunately for her, she didn't think depth was something guys looked for, so she didn't like to let much brain show, instead, she showed leg and cleavage. Twirling a peice of her waist length blonde hair around her index finger, she smiled at Priscilla as she waited for her response.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-14-2011, 04:28 AM

The more Cheri went on, the more worry and paranoia about this upcoming wedding filled Priscilla. Her father wanted everything to be so perfect! It was going to be a fairy tale, because apparently the woman had been working very hard for a long while to support herself and her son. So Evraim wanted the wedding to be everything his future wife wanted.

It was to the point the Priscilla didn't even get the luxury to choose her own dress. Nope, it was up to her future mother-in-law. Actually, that meant they were going to meet before the wedding! The thought sent a jolt of panic trough Priscilla, who only snapped out of her thoughts as the sound of a motorcycle roaring into the school parking lot resounded trough the air.

"Cheri how many times have I told you, he is an insufferable person. With no manners at all!" Letting out a sigh, the young woman stood reluctantly. She couldn't very well bring Cheri's mood down, and it was her duty after all to go and greet the others. It was proper etiquette, no matter how much Priscilla did not want to do so.

Standing, the brunette arranged her knee length skirt before smiling lightly at her friend. "Alright, I'll come. Though I'm not making any promises about actually having a conversation." The two actually made her just a little jealous. They seemed so very much in love. Perhaps that was another reason why the wedding had Priscilla so nervous. Seeing her father like that was such a strange thing, and it made her feel left out.

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 12-14-2011, 10:11 PM

A smile danced on his face when he saw the excitement and joy the flowers brought to her life. It wasn't often than he got to impress his woman with little things. Granted, this little gift cost him his lunch, but he figured he would mooch off his rich friend Izzy this time around.

"What classes are you in?" Roy said as he drew her closer to his chest. Everyone always seemed to stare at them. He had a feeling he knew why, he Roy refused to let his peers ruin his happiness. Ashi was, simply put, amazing. She brought out the softer, happier side of Roy.

As he pulled a sheet of paper from his pocket, he looked at the schedule. "I have AP Calculus, AP History, AP Chemistry, AP English, lunch, and then I'm at the career center where I take my criminal justice courses." With the words rolling off his tongue in such a smooth manner, Ashi might not have noticed how he slipped his schedule into her pocket. Before he let her talk, he piped in a few extra details. "I have ACE practice Monday nights. Scholastic Team practice, or chess, if I do that, is on Tuesdays after school. Rotaract is Wednesday. NHS is Thursday. Band practice is Friday. Obviously, Monday through Friday from 3:30PM to 5:00PM I have cross country practice."

A sigh pursued his lips. "Sorry I'm so busy." Muttering, he tagged on, "And then I work at the precinct from 5:00PM to 8:00PM." Since last year, Roy had been working for the police station. He had the hopes and dreams to get a job in the criminal justice field. Although the hours sucked, the boys in blue always managed to give Roy a chance to do his work. However, this year, Roy figured he might not be swamped with as much homework. Unlike most kids, Roy never needed to study for tests. He could ace them without studying, which freed up a ton of time.

"Do you happen to have lunch fifth period? I would love to eat with you," as he spoke, his cheeks flushed a nice rosy color. Ah, yes, young love. From time to time, the gray wolf would act like a gentle lamb.

Character Fact Sheet:
Six foot two inches tall
Dull blue-gray eyes
Light raven hair (looks like a dull black)
Singer/guitarist
ACE select chorus lead singer
Scholastic Team member
Rotaract member
National Honors Society president
Cross Country team leader
Works for the police station

Classes:
AP Calculus
AP History
AP Chemistry
AP English
Lunch
Career Center - Criminal Justice

Last edited by Wavi; 12-20-2011 at 03:48 PM..

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-14-2011, 10:49 PM

A wide grin appeared on Soom’s face as Junsui held out his arms. She hugged him tightly in return, breathing in his familiar scent. Soom whispered softly into his ear so that he could hear her above the noise of the students chatting amongst themselves. “It’s okay, I understand.”

She sighed and detached herself from her boyfriend, stomping out her cigarette as she did so. Soom had been forced to travel along with her parents to the Hamptons over the summer vacation; which was completely boring because she had nobody to talk to or share her feelings with.

“Well, my summer was pretty okay. It would’ve been better if I could’ve spent it with you, though.” Soom realized what she had just said;averted her eyes away and tried to hide her blush. Things like this rarely came out of her mouth; this was how much of an effect Junsui had on her.

Soom ignored the glances from students that were cast their way. She knew that there were many rumors about the two and their relationship—not that she listened to or believed any of them. Soom caught sight of Roy McKinney taking out his schedule and showing it to his girlfriend. She remembered being best friends with him when they were younger…but afterwards their personalities had started changing.

“So, what classes do you have?" Soom tucked a loose strand of hair behind her face and took out a folded piece of paper out of her back pocket. "I really hope we’re in some of the same classes.” She really didn’t want to get stuck in classes with her so-called “friends” again; they weren’t exactly the smartest bunch of people, but were okay.

Soom unfolded her schedule and read from it slowly. "I've got AP English, AP French, Chemistry, AP Calculus..." She made a face at the word "calculus" and continued reading. "...Lunch, Gym/Art/Fashion Design, AP Writing, and FCS." Soom looked up from the sheet of paper and listed her after-school activities. "And then I've got soccer on Mondays, drama club and dance club on Tuesdays, volleyball and cheerleading on Wednesdays, and Student Ambassadors every month or so." She sighed and kicked a stone on the ground, which then ricocheted off the back of some unlucky girl. "I'm so busy, and school has just started."

Soom's Schedule
AP English
AP French
Chemistry
AP Calculus
Lunch
Gym/Art/Fashion Design
AP Writing
FCS

After-School

Mon-Soccer
Tues-Drama Club and Dance Club
Wed-Volleyball and Cheerleading
Few times a month-Student Ambassadors

[FCS = Family Consumer Science/Cooking]

Last edited by Q U E E N; 12-16-2011 at 11:03 PM..

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-14-2011, 11:53 PM

[ OOC: I'll make that last "reserved" spot all of our schedules. If anyone wants a class added, just say so, but I'm going off of what we have already.

Ashli's Schedule
Zero Period - Advanced Broadcast
First Period - AP Calculus
Second Period - AP History
Third Period - Spanish III
Fourth Period - Government
Fifth Period - Lunch
Sixth Period - Honors English
Seventh Period - AP Writing
Eighth Period - Family Consumer Science. ]

Ashli sighed as she listened to Roy's schedule. It seemed like they'd hardly get any time together with all the stuff that he insisted on doing. "I have Advanced Broadcast zero period, AP Calculus, AP History, Spanish III, Government, Lunch, Honors English, AP Writing, and Family Consumer Science." As she looked over her schedule one last time, she gave it to Roy to hold on to. "All I really have after school is whatever's left over from Advanced Broadcast, and whenever volleyball starts, I get to do that, too. Boring, right?"

Looking up just in time to catch Roy's blush, Ashli smiled. She loved to see him like this, just relaxed and open. She knew he'd been having a bit of trouble with his life. "I'd love to have lunch with you. You know that! Though, I'd thought you'd use your senior powers to go off-campus for lunch." Even though she was messing around with him, and was twirling locks of his hair as she spoke, she was hoping that he didn't. Hoping that he stayed with her.

Last edited by Roka; 12-23-2011 at 07:18 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 12-15-2011, 09:41 PM

Chuckling lightly to Priscilla's response, Cheri began to make her way through the ever growing mass of students, weaving through the groups to see if she could spot any of her friends. Each girl they passed received a warm smile, and each boy, a very flirtatious sort of smile, until finally she spotted Ashli and Roy, her emerald eyes lighting up at the sight of them looking so in love.

Making her way over to them, Cheri smiled excitedly, "Ashli!" she exclaimed with a small squeal as she attack hugged her like she'd done Priscilla. Then she glanced to Roy, "Hi Roy," she said almost flirtatiously as she tucked some of her blonde hair behind her ear. She didn't mean anything by it, it was just her personality, constantly seeking approval from anyone who so happened to be male. Catching a glimpse of the flowers in Ashli's backpack, Cheri awed, "Those are beautiful!" Cheri appeared in a trance, Now what do I need to do to get someone to give me flowers like those? she wondered.

Cheri's Schedule
Home Eceonomics
English
IPC (Integrated Physics and Chemistry)
Gym
Lunch
Math
Government
Auto Shop
(After school) Cheerleading

Drexy4ever
Don't start nothin', won't be no...

Old 12-15-2011, 10:01 PM

The Smiths pulled up to the school both sensing they were late, but not knowing the answer to if they were or not. Devante spotted some of his friends from last year, but he was very and all he felt like doing was looking for the bathroom in the 200 hallway so he could look at his old graffiti on the walls and reminisce about what he was thinking when he wrote it. He hopped out of the car, said goodbye to his dad and walked into the school, trying hard to be unnoticed but knowing his bright red shirt wouldn't help him very much.

Devante jogged slowly to the door and tugged it open, now remembering how heavy it was. He walked in and was consumed by the smell of the freshly mopped and waxed floors. It gave him a headache. He walked past the hallway which contained the rooms for all the club-meets, and found 200 hall, the one with only classrooms numbered 200-299. He walked down it, it intimidating him because of it's length. It was at least 16 yards long to the untrained eye. He walked until he was at the end of it, and found his favorite bathroom. He walked into it, it's walls still smelled of dirt and smoke and a hint of sewer water.

Devante smirked at the memories of ditching gym in this room. He turned to his right and found the wall he was looking for. He smiled as he read all of the things he and his friends had written. At a glance he could see that someone had written a girl name Sarah Loughley's number there and someone else had taped a girl's thong to the wall. He smiled and chuckled with his mouth closed then decided to eat some of his lunch while he waited for the bell to ring, or for the announcements to come on so he'd be able to tell if it had or not. First days were hard because there were always alot of people in the hallway, but he could never tell if they were talking and ditching the first few minutes of class or if they were waiting for the bell to ring.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Junsui wrapped his arms around Soom when she returned his hug, closing his eyes briefly. He'd never been one for smoking, but he put up with it for Soom's sake. He pressed a small kiss to her forehead before she pulled away again. He listened to her talk with a smile and his own cheeks tinged a slight pink at her words before he chuckled at her attempts to hide her blush.

"I'm flattered that you think that." he murmured. It was the truth, since he couldn't believe that anyone could really enjoy his company when he didn't really talk much.

At the mention of classes, Junsui shook his head. He'd have one... maybe two at most, of the same classes with Soom if he was lucky. Unlike his girlfriend, Junsui wasn't really that great with schoolwork and had opted to take regular classes. He reached into the bag at his feet and fished around a bit before pulling out a sheet of paper that had been folded in half and was a little crumpled from being shoved into his bag the night before.

He listened to Soom rattle off her schedule, comparing it with his own.

Junsui's Schedule
Computer Art Graphic Design
Science Fiction (English)
Acrylic Painting (double-period)
Lunch
Fashion/Gym
Medical Diagnosis
Family Consumer Science

He shook his head slightly once again before holding his schedule out for Soom to check over herself. "I also have volleyball Mondays and Wednesdays, ballroom on Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays, band on the Thursdays i don't have ballroom and Fridays, plus orchestra after ballroom. I also have volunteering after my extracurricular activities on Tuesday and Thursday, work at my dad's place Mondays and work at my mom's place Wednesdays, and art and design classes every two Fridays." he recited from memory, grimacing at the entire list after he had finished. he'd never realized just how much stuff he was a part of until then.

"You'll find a way to make everything work out. You always do." Junsui said when Soom commented on her busy schedule.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 PM

Rolling her eyes at Cheri's enthusiasm, the brunette fell into step behind the other girl. Instead of smiling and saying hello to everyone else as Cheri did, Priscilla simply nodded politely in their direction as they walked. As her friend greeted the other two, Priscilla preferred to stay silently aside as she mulled over the upcoming wedding. She really did wonder who her new step brother would be.

It was too much to ask that he was tolerable. The boy was probably going to be an impolite brat. "Why does Dad need to get married?" murmured Priscilla to herself. She thought it would be safe enough to voice her emotions. Cheri was distracted, so was Ashli, and Roy never payed any attention to her. The young man seemed to be completely engrossed in his girlfriend at the moment, and that was just fine with Priscilla.

Priscilla's Class Schedule
Home Economics
AP French
Entrepreneurship
Math
Lunch
Honors English
AP Writing
Art

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 12-16-2011 at 09:58 PM..