Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 AM

Lol Explodey.

I am online a lot at night...usually watching shows that I miss/ a movie while I play on mene and forget about being stuck in Connecticut for the moment. Le sigh

Hey Hean! Sorry I disappeared last night. Computer fun issues.

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:37 AM

I'm also on a lot at night cos I am an insomniac. My doc wants me to do a sleep study tho to figure that one out.
I have no idea how well that'll go. I can't sleep anywhere but my own bed, usually.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Oy. I have insomnia issues when I am stressed. Sooo, I have had insomnia for about a half a year ;)

I have that issue too. I can sleep in other places, but not as well, and it takes a while to fall asleep.

Explodey

Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 AM

Man, it makes crashing at friends' houses a hassle & a half.

Usually I just stare at the ceiling til dawn, then leave and take the first bus/train/whatev heading home so I can go to bed!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 AM

Oooh, that stinks! I just suck it up and drinks lots of coffee the next day (and I haaate coffee) but it also depends on whose place... If I can crash with someone in a bed, I will sleep. But on the floor. Guuuh. No thanks.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 05:51 AM

@Explodey: Aww. XD I don't think that movie made me cry since for some reason I didn't like it, but I have a friend who loved that movie to death.

@Woodlandnymph: I love reading, but because of the time investment I've found it harder for me to sit down and dedicate time to books. I really need to get into the habit though, so I've started rereading Harry Potter to get back into the swing of things. It's good for me to read since it helps keep my English level up.

@Hean: I spend a lot of time on the internet since I like being able to talk to people around the world and I'm lazy. XD Now it's also my main way of maintaining contact with people back home.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 AM

See, I have too much time on my hands I guess.. and I read pretty fast so, I just run through books like nothing. I try and pace myself with a new book so I don't fly through it and then have nothing for later. There are worse things to do I suppose, than read a lot. It helps my creative juices with writing and art so.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 AM

@Woodlandnymph: I think that's a good thing. :) I really enjoy when I read, but for some reason it's hard for me to get started. Once I do start, then I want to read all the time until the book is finished.

I will say that I'm a very slow reader. For whatever reason, I like to really think about the words being used so I can't just skip through things quickly. I like to take my time and absorb the details.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 AM

It is a good thing. But you should see my "library" things are stacked and double stacked... I have one bookshelf that is threatening to crumble under the weight ;)

Explodey

Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 AM

I used to read a lot but the light in my place is just terrible. I think the last book I read in spite of the light was the last HP book. Everything else I read in small increments in the bathroom because the lighting is better.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 AM

.....You can always get as book light and reduce that strain :D

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 AM

@Woodlandnymph: Even still, that sounds cool. :) Do you reread books often? If you don't, you might want to just stick to using a real library to borrow books.

@Explodey: Yeah, I definitely suggest getting some more lights. Even if you're not reading, it would help with other tasks too.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 AM

I reread books nonstop. When I get in the mood for a certain genre, I can just go through and read all the books I have in that genre. I have reread my favorite books... oh man, no lie maybe 2 dozen times.

What about you Ferra?

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 AM

Wow, that's pretty impressive. :)

I will reread books, but I have to give myself a lot of time between readings. Same goes for rewatching shows/movies. Perhaps because I read at a slower pace, I seem to retain a lot of the details after reading so it's kind of boring trying to read them again so soon since I know exactly what will happen next. For that reason, I tend to only buy books that I really really love since those I don't mind reading again and again in a short span of time.

Explodey

Old 04-03-2011, 06:47 AM

My place is supertiny, and there's not really a single surface that isn't either already covered with stuff, or at a level where the kitten could knock things off, so I can't really do any more lamps. Unless there was a way to hang them in midair....

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 AM

I am kinda the same way. Depends on the book really. Some I can't get bored of, others, I can reread after a year or two. I feel like..... I am losing a limb or something by getting rid of a book I love. It's sad really ;)

Anyways. It's almost three am. I am in need of sleep. Enjoy the rest of your day Ferra!!! (and Explodey! sleep well!)

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 06:53 AM

@Woodlandnymph: Sleep well!

@Explodey: I'm pretty sure they make little ones you can clip to books and stuff. Otherwise you can get the kind that clamps to shelf edges/window seals or one that can hang from the ceiling. I'm sure there are options out there that would work. :) Better that than straining your eyes.

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM

BuMp~!
BumPBUmpBuMpBumP~~~~~~~

:ninja:

LOL, I figured, why not take a look back at my old n00b days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
1. Have you ever bumped?
a. What's the highest you've ever bumped to?
b. When did you start bumping? Was it difficult to quit?
I did back on the G-site. Joined one of those 'Count to a million bumps' threads, and I think I actually made it to the end. I found threads to actually play in eventually though, but the bump thread was just sort of *there*, and something to do while waiting for replies, and in between the puzzles and wordbump games. :3

Quote:
2. How many bumps could a bumper bump if a bumper could bump on Mene?
TWELVE TRILLION

Quote:
3. Auto post-merging: is it the death of bumping or merely the next challenge?
Challenge, yo'.
Don'cha'now we gon ged u wit r buhmps. :B

Quote:
4. If a bumper bumps in a forum and no one is around to see it, did he/she really bump at all?
Yes. And then when it's eventually found it'll be reported. ;D

Quote:
5. Is it still considered a bump even if the word "bump" is never used in the post?
:B

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 01:05 PM

@Chunsa-chan: :lol:

I mostly bumped contests and quest threads, but I've definitely seen those "bump to X post!" threads around. And I'd be horrified if suddenly there were twelve trillion bumps on Mene. :gonk:

On a non-bump related topic, how have you been? I don't think we've chatted for a while.

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM

I think the site might shut down if we got to twelve trillion. XDDD

And I've been good. And it has been a while. X3
Hm, well life has been pretty nice lately. I've had to take a bunch of job-related tests recently, passing them all. Been studying for college tests too, and fairing pretty well. (I dread the math/science cleps though @_@ )
And of course lots of putzing on Menew. ~<3

How have you been? 8D

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 PM

Indeed, Mene would probably have a heart attack. XD

Oh wow, congratulations! What sort of job tests, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure you'll do fine for the math and science stuff. :)

I've been alright. Just wasting time until classes start again at my work. I'm teaching English in Japan and we're currently on spring break, but teachers don't get days off unless they take them out of their vacation time. So I just go and sit at my desk inventing things to do. :lol:

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Bump bump bumphump hump- oh wait. > w >;;
Quote:
1. Have you ever bumped?
Yeah. Used to bump a LOT back in my Gaia days. Mostly because the OP made a thread about how he/she would give people stuff for bumping. Got some pretty valuable (at least back then) stuff from them.
Quote:
a. What's the highest you've ever bumped to?
b. When did you start bumping? Was it difficult to quit?
a: ...Over 5000 in one thread, I think. Was bumping for this really good item...I don't remember what it was anymore.
b. On Gaia when I discovered people bumping to get their golds. Not difficult to quit at all, I never was really into it. It's so boring, just posting either 'bump' or a number indicating the amount of bumps you have made within the thread. The flood control time was annoying too.
Quote:
2. How many bumps could a bumper bump if a bumper could bump on Mene?
Depends on how determined they are. I don't think bumping would be too popular on Mene though. They'd much rather spam posts because it'd give them more gold.
Quote:
3. Auto post-merging: is it the death of bumping or merely the next challenge?
Merely a slight inconvenience in the face of a determined bumper.
Quote:
4. If a bumper bumps in a forum and no one is around to see it, did he/she really bump at all?
Yep. Still bumping. Like the gazillion new posts made on Gaia everyday from bumping, even if I don't see them.
Quote:
5. Is it still considered a bump even if the word "bump" is never used in the post?
I think so. Like,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post 1
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by post 2
Bleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by post 3
im booooored
Quote:
Originally Posted by post 4
etc...

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
@Estrella: When I'm typing quickly, I tend to over-use "lol" because it's a force of habit. Same goes for the "XD" emote. And don't get me wrong, there are plenty of acronyms I like to use for comedic effect. But when it comes to shortening regular phrases, I tend to write them out instead.

@Woodlandnymph: No worries, I tend to come and go a lot myself. Not much is happening at the moment. I just finished watching Toy Story 3 not too long ago.
I over use XD a lot. But I'm also guilty of over using "haha" trying to avoid using "lol."
I have a friend, though, that just uses it TOO much. I just find it funny, though, it doesn't really bug me. I always ask her "did you really laugh that much?"

I actually wouldn't be surprised if she had. She has one of those laughs that could break glass. xD

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 04-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Oh no I missed fading-kun! :gonk: *starts sobbing*

good morning everyone ; 3;

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Bumping is the single most tedious thing to do on an (online) forum.
And on Menewsha, it would actually cost you gold. Since typing the word 'bump' would only give you .O8 gold, and getting busted for that would leave you with an infraction, and the posts would all be deleted.

There was once a contest on Gaiaonline though, and I managed to get somewhere in the 3OO's in a bump contest, I want to say near 4OO though...