Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-10-2008, 10:05 PM

don't worry. xD
I'll be back again in two hours (hour of class and an hour to get home)
and then I'm here for the rest of the night!!

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Spanish Leek Squared

Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 PM

It is to mee. xD *lives in the old days when everything was cheap in Menewsha*
Nope, event items are free, but there are also event commons and those are half price during the event, when those items go to the stores they do to their normal prices... and if lots of people get event sets they generally stay cheap, like the winter event items.

Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 10:09 PM

Yay, Luel has company! 8D

*is new to this* How do you get event sets if they're free? O_o

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-10-2008, 10:13 PM

you find them. x3
Generally you earn a currently -> read the clue -> Find the NPC collector -> Redeem currently for item = free! xD

you just gotta earn the currently. Every event it changes. xD *cause we're awesome like that* xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2008, 10:18 PM

Aiee. XD :hug: <-- for Seito

re: Sims -
There's absolutely going to be a Sims 3... I can't remember exactly what I'd heard about it, but apparently there's already some video out that was really cool. And, apparently, you spend less time worrying about their physical needs (re: bathroom, showers; etc) and more about their emotional needs/wishes/desires. And something about the Sims will have more complex reactions to each other or something. ::vague:: >_>;

Sims 2 was grand and I liked it more than Sims 1 (because the things that frustrated me in 1 were fixed in 2) but my computer chugged a lot while playing the Sims 2, so I stopped playing so much... Maybe whenever I can get myself a new computer... >_>;

@Leek: If you don't find someone willing to set aside a Halloween set for you, contact me. :) I'll have at least one extra set, I'm sure. During Celes Paradi, I managed to collect several seeing as I had to be online a lot to help with the event. (And I was even sick the last few days and didn't post half as much as I would have otherwise.) I generally collect extra sets for eye for future art contests, but I don't mind selling/trading with people I 'know'. XD

I would have had extra Valentine's '08 sets if I'd been there for the event more than I was. XD; I was in Australia at the time and could only manage to get my friend one set for her account. Thankfully, I'd asked two different people to set aside sets for me in return for artwork for them. So that worked out nicely.

@Luela - Yeah. Usually the first few days/weeks after an event, you can grab a set for cheap... But not so much this last event, as you had to work harder for Celes Paradi items. You had to post, rather than just lurking, and many people resisted doing that. XD; (I can't imagine why, honestly.) People get really attached to the event items, too. Especially since we tend to release really nice items for our freebies, rather than pixeling up something quick the way some sites do. :B (Our pixelists have to put up with a lot if they're going to do the pixeling for an event... we're about as critical of our EIs as we are our CIs and it's not fun to be the EI pixelist for an event.)

::tries to stop rambling. but it is a lost cause:: >_>;

EDIT: Seito - I think you meant 'currency' not 'currently'. XD :poke: :heart:

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Spanish Leek Squared

Old 10-10-2008, 10:18 PM

Well, usually theres something you need to collect.. like for the Jubliee event you collected flowers, solved riddles and traded those flowers for items. The flowers would appear randomly and float accross your screen just like enchanted trunks or gift boxes on gaia.

CK; Thats awesome! xD To solve that I just downloaded an item that makes the sims hunger, energy, happiness go to 100. :3
I wasn't trying to imply that Sims 2 wasn't good, it's just that popularity died a bit. xD;

Well, if I can't find someone selling I will be sure to contact you. x3
Same here. xD; I like selling/trading with people who I know, cause I can trust that they won't sell extemely high over the MPG. xD;

Yeah, I was busy for that event too, I only got three sets, but my goal was two. It was in the second week of school for me. @__@ So I was buuusy.

Last edited by Spanish Leek Squared; 10-10-2008 at 10:28 PM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 PM

* :glomp: CK* xD yesh currency xD Seito ish rushing cause class is gonna start. T_T but xD you always know what I mean. xDDD

Nyah
time for class. seito be back later.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 PM

Oh, so you have to practically haunt the forum? Got it. I can do that (really, I have no life XD"). *has an exam on Monday and is not studying*

Oh, I'm so happy there's going to be a third Sims game. They really need a better character design/render system though. Methinks they need help from Asian (read: Japanese and Korean) character designers *looks pointedly at games like Guild Wars and CastleVania*.

Is the huge crescent moon in the backdrop a Celes Paradi item too? I wouldn't mind getting one of those, haha. And the stardust sash. :lol:
Oh, CK are you from either the UK or Ireland, by any chance? *curious*

Last edited by Luenola Marxiel; 10-10-2008 at 10:41 PM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 PM

@Leek - Yeah, I did notice that Sims popularity in general flagged very quickly after the first or second expansion for two. XD (I read that as "Sims 1 popularity fell", originally. XD; ) I think it was that Sims 1 was completely innovative. And Sims 2 was mostly just an improvement over Sims 1 in terms of mechanics. Not much really truly 'new' was done. And from the expansions from 2 that I saw, they didn't do things that were fun in the expansions from 1. (I loved those magic and superstar expansions for Sims 1 so much... It's really a shame they came out just before Sims 2 was announced, because it was hard to stay interested after finding that out.)

And, yeah. >_> I may or may not have completely and utterly cheated by downloading items like that for my game too. XD And using the cheat code for money. >_>;; Every time I tried 'playing it straight' it became a very depressing game where your character spent a lot of time crying to themselves and being too depressed to do things that would improve their mood. x_x;

Selling to people I know also prevents me from being greedy. XD Because I always think, somewhere, in the back of my mind, "By getting rid of this, I'll be getting gold, which I'll spend on replaceable commons." I don't mind trading rare-for-rare, even when it's sometimes not in my favor, with someone I don't know. As rare > rare still = rare. But if you catch me right after an event, I'd probably rather have the gold than that extra set anyway. ::laughs:: XD ::is usually so poor after events, what with all the half-priced commons she could get:: >_>;

@Seito - I always do my best to catch your meaning, anyway. XD :heart: Hope you had fun at class. :o

@Luela - I've no life either. XD Hahaa. XD Haunting the forums during an event is the best way to go about it, yeah. :3 You technically can get everything by spending maybe an hour a day on the site during the event, but you get extras and have more fun if you can spend longer. :3 It will also vary from person to person how quickly they earn during an event too. If you're a multi-tasker, answering IMs or watching television or something, you're not earning as quickly as someone actively poking the forums the entire time, for example. :3

Brrr. Exams. ::makes the sign of the cross::

I agree - Asian game artists seem to be much better at it than American ones. :3 Not that Americans can't do well, it's just that they don't generally try as hard. I think the priority is generally lower. x_x; (I find myself getting pickier and pickier about my pixels looking attractive. XD; )

But, yep! The Crescent Moon is a Celes Paradi freebie item. Same with the sash. XD I've an extra of each if you wanted to buy or trade for it. XD But I'm not desperate to sell if you wanted to look for another seller. XD

As for my nationality - nope. XD American. I've lived most of my life in Alabama, now, actually. But I'm a second generation military brat and have traveled all over. XD; ::curious as to why you ask. gets asked that question IRL sometimes too, you see:: >_>;

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-10-2008, 11:30 PM

@CK: I've never tried playing it without cheating because I only play it for the architecture and interior design aspect. For the same reason, I also have no interest in expansions that don't improve much by way of what I can do to/with the houses. For example: Pets.

I spend most of my day online anyway, so I can definitely haunt the forums.

Exams aren't so bad, really. :sweat:

I'm really superficial about virtual people. I...just can't handle ugly pixels. Like, it's really hard to get me to really like a game/manga/anime if the art is bad. :stare:

Well, that depends on how much or what you want for it, since I don't exactly have a lot of gold on me right now and the only items I have extras of are this month's CIs. XD"

Why I asked that question? Err, your diction. :sweat:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 AM

*falls into the thread*
Such huge wall of text!

Kazzlise
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 AM

-Runs in circles-

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-11-2008, 01:00 AM

::nods:: I'm not entirely certain what my favorite aspect of the Sims was... That sounds so odd. o_o; I guess it's just 'creating a story' in general. I've done a lot of recreating role-playing characters or book or movie characters in-game to see how they react to each other in the Sims universe. XD Sometimes it's really, really funny. I've had entirely inappropriate characters fall for each other without me doing anything. And characters that are meant to hook up just loathed each other no matter how hard I tried. XD; I wouldn't even necessarily 'recreate' someone, so much as just finding a sort of 'look' I liked and try to build a story around that 'look'.

I think I liked the Magic expansion because of all the pretty setting stuff and costumes. XD And there was a market aspect where you could grow your own things and sell them that I liked. XD SuperStar had an easy 'storyline' aspect to follow. XD So I appreciated that aspect. :3

Pets... yeah, not so much. I tried playing Sims 2: Pets on the DS (hey, it wasn't like I had to pay for it XD ) and it really wasn't something I could get into. (The pixels were also just short of hideous, which didn't help.)

Yeah - it's hard for me to retro-play games because of needing attractive pixels. I tried playing the GameBoy Advance Pokemon Sapphire so I could unlock something for Pokemon Pearl on DS and I just... couldn't hack it. XD; I'm willing to forgive bad pixels for excellent gaming (or great story, in the case of manga/comics) or play a kind of 'eh' game for beautiful pixels... But it has to be really good to get over low-quality art. XD; (There are plenty of DS games I've given up on because of that reason. I'm just glad I didn't buy them but got to try them out first.)

As for the Celes Paradi items - I go by the Menewsha Price Guide when selling. The lowest average is fine, and I'm not going anywhere, so take your time. XD (My next art contest isn't until November, anyway, so it's not like the extras will walk away. XD ) Or we could work something out with an October CI and me paying you the price difference in gold. XD Whatever works best for you. :3

XD That's probably what gets me pegged IRL as from the UK, really. I have virtually no accent on top of that. >_>; (Certainly not a Southern one. XD; ) But ever since I started hanging out online, I've been chatting regularly with people from the UK, Australia and Canada (in that order), so that, on top of me being an English minor in college/devouring loads of Brit Lit even in my free reading is probably what doesn't help. XD; ::rambles/babbles::

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-11-2008, 01:15 AM

@Seito: Text is good. 8DDD I just more reason to type a lot! :rofl:

@Kazzlise: *spins her round and round and round* Whee~

@CK: I like the Seasons, Nightlife, University and Open For Business because they let you do a lot more with the houses. New types of items, new landscaping options, etc.

We could totally work something out with October CIs. You could pay the difference in gold or if you have extras of any of the following, I could take them in exchange too:
Ghosty Kitties
Grenache Blade
Orchid Petals

LoL. My case is weird. Americans say I have an accent they can't peg, whereas people outside America say I sound American. :sweat:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 10-11-2008, 01:18 AM

I know. xD
it's weird. I NEVER see this much text.
No wait, this is norm for CK but xDDD
so much text!

Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-11-2008, 01:31 AM

LoL. *looks at time* So I have just spent my entire day online here. ORZ