Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 05:57 AM

Welcome To My Quest Thread of Questiness

Yep that's right... finally it is my turn. I give all the good stuff away and I realized that I don't have any of the stuff I give. I was told that it was hard to buy for me since I haven't got anything in here that I am questing for, except the Golden Stockings... those can wait though since I'm cheap and probably won't buy them for myself anyway.

You are more than welcome to hang around in this thread and chat and leave random notes and whatnot. I'm on and off the site throughout the day and generally lurk, although I am hoping that through this little thread things may change. It can be hard to catch me since I do spend a lot of time on the back end but you are always welcome to come by and say hello.

It is nice to know that there are wonderful users out there who in most forum communities go unnoticed and essentially swept away in a sea of anonymity. I would like to say I am truly touched by you and thank you for reminding me of why I admin here and why I chose to stay and be part of this community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble User
I know some users have wronged you, and I know there's no way to make up for the amount of damage they've done, but perhaps this small token of gratitude from me can somehow help the users who really need it.

I've asked several of my friends to also make a donation to help you out with the questers raffle, in hopes that we can somehow make a difference, and remind you that we aren't all out to take advantage of your generosity. Because well, we love our Juru.

I've sent a small donation to the quest raffle mule, and I hope it is received well.

Sincerely,

Humble User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Humble User
Dear Mama Juru,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for all that you've done for the site and its users, to claim only our gratitude in exchange for your generosity. Its because of you that Questers have achieved some of their most difficult goals, one of these people myself. Through two different acts of charity, you have graced me with two of the most difficult items listed on my Quest. The V-day Pin and Green Clover Pin. Both shall be cherished more so than if I had gotten them myself for they now symbolize the goodness of someone else.

In the past, I've guarded my money in fears of inflation jerking my dreams from my grasp. But now my wishes seem more the closer, now that you've carried me closer to the finish line. Its time that I replay the debt to karma and give someone else the chance to feel the happiness that I've felt from what you've given to me. I give to you this small donation to pass onto others, at advice of my friend, Humble User. Let this be a reminder that through all the wrongs you have suffered, there are still some of us who truly appreciate you.

Sent to Quest Raffle + Accepted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoshi Takai
Myself and a few of my friends who you may know have been gathering up some items, and gold to help you out with your personal quest. I've asked them all to write a short letter to go along with their donation, which will be featured below.

Quote:
Dear Jurupamae~
Thank you so very much for all you've done for this community!! I haven't taken part so far, but I know you've made a lot of people really happy, which makes me feel all floaty. :3 There's a lot of crap in the world, both online and offline, so its pleasant to find that theres still a generous soul around such as yourself; it makes me want to hug you 24/7! XD;;

I apologize for such a small contribution, I haven't been online much lately (exams D: ), but I also want to do some art for you! <333 I've been meaning to, that is. Please let me know if you want something certain--thank you again!! -bow- <3333

Anna
I would first and foremost like to thank you for all that you've done for the site and its users, to claim only our gratitude in exchange for your generosity. Its because of you that Questers have achieved some of their most difficult goals, one of these people myself. Through two different acts of charity, you have graced me with two of the most difficult items listed on my Quest.
The V-day Pin and Green Clover Pin. Both shall be cherished more so than if I had gotten them myself for they now symbolize the goodness of someone else.
In the past, I've guarded my money in fears of inflation jerking my dreams from my grasp. But now my wishes seem more the closer, now that you've carried me closer to the finish line.
It's time I replay the debt to karma and give someone else the chance to feel the happiness that I've felt from what you've given to me. I give to you this small donation to pass onto others, at advice of my friend, Thanny. Let this be a reminder that through all the wrongs you have suffered, there are still some of us who truely appreciate you.

Dear Juru, I must start with *hugs*, everybody on Mene loves you! Except for the stupid scammer people who just love to exploit you, but you should just not pay attention them. They're meanies and they don't deserve anything nice that they get. :3 Anyways, you're a really nice, sweet person, not a mean old lady at all. Except when people deserve it. And, um, I remember liking you ever since we were on the Red Rose together. Although I don't think our charas ever really talked to each other before that rp died painfully. :( You've also been a wonderful staff member and thoroughly deserve to be one. So whether or not you keep up the quester's raffle and the 50% store and everything you've done, we all love you. Really. <3 Temmon

Creps
As for the message... put this in my section or whatever;;

"I'm not really good with words, so I don't really have much to put here, but I just hope you know that we all appreciate everything you've done for us. Please don't let all the bad stuff get to you ^^
Here's some gold for your quest, make sure you spend it on yourself ;]~"

[PS I had to search through the memberlist to find your mule xD I forgot the second part to his name >>; luckily I landed right on the page where he was on xD;;]

edit- juru sawww the donation log xD *flail*
haha, oh well xD she's probably seeing this edit too... Aren't you juru? xD *pokes*
I hope you will accept this donation from us, and keep going after your quest ^^

With Love,

Thanny, Creps, Anna, Temmy, Lilim, and Kad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
I wanna thank you again for the Raffle -barely takes off the stockings- <3 and giving Susu her Vday pin. <3

I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
xD <3

Psh, this thank you isn't long nuf.
D<

Thank you for being nice to EVERYONE!
The a**holes who took advantage of you suck.
D;

I wanna punch them in the face.
-loves on you-
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiroko
For Juru's questings!

You're absolutely amazing. I know I've not spoke to you or even really participated in the raffles til a couple of weeks ago. It's crazy how much you help questers, and you're honestly the best. No doubt. There's so many people that look up to you, respect you, and you are consistant in your helpings. You're definitely a great role model with tremendous good qualities.

< 3 Thank you for with-holding the raffle and helping other users obtain their dream goals! I hope you achieve more of your much wanted items. You deserve it!

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 AM

All About the Mama

So who EXACTLY is Mama Juru you ask. Well, I am one of the older adults on site and I really DO have two children, age 14 and 9.

My daughter and her best friend Kandace:

My son Jordan and myself:

I HATE to be photographed and am convinced that cameras steal your soul.

I'm pretty easy going and very approachable. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and believe that people deserve second chances. I've been told that I'm down to earth and real and kind of funny every now and then too. I'm also borderline crazy. If you decide that you are not going to be honest with me, this is where you and I will have a problem.

In life I work for a Fortune 100 company supporting online accounting software. I've been with this company for almost 7 years at this point. I am also on Gaia, Neopets, Zantarni, and others. Generally under the same username but not always. Depends what site it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Random Randomness
An Ode To Mother Juru

Mother Juru is so kind
But be careful
She could kick your behind
Don't be greedy
Or you better watch out
Cause if you are
Mama Juru will call upon the heavens to bring down a blinding almighty wrath so powerful and malignent, all that will be left of you is maybe a piece of dust, and if you're lucky, two.
That's my ode, to Mama Ju-Ru.

Thank you. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Bella
Ode to Mama Juru

A lady fairer, you never shall meet
when walking down a Menewshan street
With hair as dark as a lonely night
She kicks inflations arse, without a fight

She is kind, and dear in our hearts
though this thread is not where it had to start
She might be a granny, all withered and old
or she might be that neighbor next door
The one that smells of mold.

What ever she be, she is our best
We love Mama Juru, that ani't a jest.
But remember when you come shopping at her door.

Always say thank you, or come never more.

Ok, that was my best shot at a thank you xD

I'll make you a better one later. <3

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 AM

The Big Question: What are you questing for Mama Juru?

Yea I want my stockings and then eventually the green hairpin and the pot of gold and of course all of the vday stuff but it doesn't look like I will ever get that stuff because I won't shell out the money, so I need to make up some outfits or something and figure out what commons I need.

Thanks to Seiki and the kind people who play in the Quest Raffle, I now have my stockings. You guys always make me all teary and I'm glad that I know you.

I borrowed the VDay hairpin from Secret (and I might borrow the pendant too depending on when he comes back). I'm undecided whether to go for VDay stuff or the last two things in the Patty 07. The Green Clover Pin is rare, in fact it is the rarest of all the items on this site. There are not many floating around at all. I think I might go for the VDay stuff first since it seems easier. I still need to get the commons I want listed out and have been painfully updating my copy of the MAC (and trying to get the layering sorting in it as well) so hopefully soon I'll have them listed.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:00 AM

People who have shared the love with me by donating to my cause:
  • XxRAiNBoWS: 255.82 gold donation Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:56 pm
  • Dare: King's Crown January 01, 2008, 08:59 AM
  • Sanctuary: 100 gold donation Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:36 pm
  • Abis: 300 gold donation Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:08 pm
  • Chi: 2000 gold donation Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:17 pm
  • Princess Emeraude: 600 gold donation Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:14 pm AND 93.29 gold donation Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:11 pm
  • Britti: 1550 gold donation Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:14 pm
  • Darkgirl101: 100 gold donation (and a free hump) Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 pm
  • St Branny: Sold me Golden Clover Hairpin for 10K January 12, 2008, 02:48 AM
  • Ithir: 150 Random act of kindness
  • There are others that I have not called out here since I suck and I haven't kept up with this thread. Maybe I'll just start a new list or something.
New list:

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lejic
    jurupamae, Lejic has sent you a 150.00 donation.

I know it's such a small amount, but every bit helps, right? <3 <3

For juru's questie. ;]
  • Seiki Nova: Golden Stockings :shock:
  • iiroko: 500g
  • Seito: Sunlight Laurels
  • Ruru-ni-: Panda Headphones
  • Zweres: Pure Love Boa :heart:

People that sadly are not welcome here
  • shaney/crimson

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:00 AM

My pretty arts

Art Album

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:01 AM

I guess this is enough posts for me. you can all post here if you want :D

More arts!!

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 12-30-2007, 06:02 AM

<33 Juru! /huggle glomps

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-30-2007, 06:03 AM

what are you going to quest for?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:04 AM

Hi! *huggles* Welcome to my questie thread of questiness. I haven't decided what I want yet.

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-30-2007, 06:07 AM

probably something you already have or can afford already

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 AM

• Quest for everything. XD

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 12-30-2007, 06:09 AM

Ju-ruu-pa-maaeee!

Good luck, a lot of it, on questing things you'd like!

^ ooooo^! <3

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 12-30-2007, 06:10 AM

Good luck mama juru! : )

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 AM

Yay another quester ^_^ much luck on your quest to come!!

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 AM

:wink: How is that gold tree coming along?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 AM

Good luck to you Jurupamae! ^^

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 AM

Well, I wouldn't quest for something I already have since I already have it and seeing as how I have a grand total of about 500 gold, I have a long long way to go.

As far as CI's go, the only things I don't have are a King's Crown and the masks but I'm not real fond of the masks so I probably won't ever get them.

I might play with the MAC later tonight to see if I can come up with some avvie prospects and start small with commons. I'm not sure yet. VDay stuff will more than likely be long term.

No money tree yet Zweres. I keep checking everyday.

And thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 AM

Do you have any Valentine's Day items? :D You should really try to bid for them in Aeris's auctions.

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 AM

it says you only have 42 gold

kegokec
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kegokec Send a message via MSN to kegokec

Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 AM

Juru - Good luck! ^-^

I'm going to see if I can make a pretty gif for you. >3< (I'm still teaching myself how to make them. @.@)

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:22 AM

I don't have a single VDay item. Not one. I don't have enough gold to compete in the auctions right now anyway.

chidori, I have a mule too :)

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 12-30-2007, 06:35 AM

*runs in and tacklesquishyhugs Juru* How are you hun?

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 12-30-2007, 06:37 AM

; 3; I want to help soo baaddd...

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2007, 06:37 AM

kegokec: Oh thank you! I love stuff like that.

Rue: *squishy hugs* I'm better today. Got out of the house for a little while, blared the music in the car and sang songs with my son. How are you?

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 AM

I'm ok. Had a really strange conversation with my boyfriend tonight. I hope he's ok. I guess I'll have to wait until he replies to my email.