Old 12-06-2008, 03:29 AM

Hey Hatake Ayumi.
Long time no see.lol
How have you been lately?

Kaiyunei
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2009, 01:46 AM

You're list of 'n00b's'/'munchers' made me lol. xD

I can't tell you how many of most of those I've come across (on Gaia in more recent years, especially) in my many years of role-playing. I've had countless rps that I'd work for days on preparing, utterly destroyed by people who just wanted to do what they wanted to do, and/or people who were just plain immature and certainly acted like idiots.

My most frequent problem was when I'd leave the rp open to anyone who wanted to join I'd get these people who'd post something along the lines of :

*Pops up* Hi!!! :D I'm Sally! What's your name?

And we'd be in the middle of a freak'n battle scene!! UGH! What would you call that (besides retarded)? I guess if I could suggest anything to add to this AMP list, I'd say this: PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!!! If you're entering an role-play sort of late in the game, or at least where they've made it past the first couple of pages, please read over all the posts and know where the characters are at. I've found that this can be one of the quickest ways to kill a rp flow, when people join in who don't have the slightest clue where everyone else is. I realize the easiest way to get around these types is just to ignore them until they post something more relevant, but I feel rude somehow in doing that...

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 AM

I don't think it's rude to ignore them. If they got pissy I'd just hit them upside the head in OOC saying 'I'm ignoring you until you know what the hell you're doing' or something along those lines, and tell them to read the last ten pages of roleplay so they know where everyone is, what they look like, and so they don't ignore some big scene or end up walking through walls to pop up in a secret meeting room or something. God that's annoying!

And when making your introduction into a roleplay, it's very annoying to write an entire freaking novel about your character's hair, eyes, and clothing. Sometimes a couple paragraphs (as long as they aren't sixty freaking sentences each) are okay, if written well, and if the character is focused on correctly. But when you're just using purple prose to describe clothing and appearance, and you 'write beautifully' (sometimes purple prose can be beautiful when done right), and then suddenly you write stiffly like a third grader, there's something messed up. (I've actually run into people like that. It sucked. Oh it sucked so bad.)

ShiroChaan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to ShiroChaan

Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 AM

I don't know what I am... I like to think of myself as a "Literate", but I have problems spelling sometimes and make typos every thirty seconds.

I tend to hate fighting in role plays as well as the stereotypical role plays where everyone has super powers. I like story and character-driven things. :]

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-30-2009, 12:02 PM

I had fun with the Mary Sue test. Got an insanely high score for one of my characters in a fanfiction I'm writing...but it's probably because the Mary Sue test was based on the character being one of the good guys and as a main character (other than the canon characters), none of which my character was. They should totally make an Anti-Sue test or something. :lol:

Sui Generis
Mishii
Send a message via AIM to Sui Generis Send a message via MSN to Sui Generis

Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 PM

O:!! Holy mole-y, I'm definitely book-marking this thread.

It's amazing. Good job, Miss Kat.

Izzeyl
Knight of Arcana

Old 09-03-2009, 03:04 PM

Good good good!! I never found anyone who clearly established a set a parameters before. Thank you!! I'll be using this thread as a referance alot if that is ok?

Yuutousei

Old 10-12-2009, 04:54 AM

You might want to include GAW's LAWS as a general reference.
I used to require that all new RPers (and the old ones, much to my friends' "ohmigawd, why'd you do this to me"-ness) to read it and show me they read it. It's just pretty awesome, although it's probably more important to TableTop RPers and not forums.

I like your project though <3 And now, if I make an RP here, I'll just direct them to this thread, ha ha ha.

MoonLightRaine
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-06-2009, 05:44 PM

This is a really good thread, I've been searching for someone to make a thread like this, but I could never find one. Thank you for creating this, its a true help to a n00b such as myself.
I hope after a few RP's and some corrections to my typing, I'll make a good RPer some day.
You gave me a little hope with this thread ^_^

Fyrion

Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM

Tabi Cat...

I have to say you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. You've covered the entire spectrum of Do's and Don'ts of RPs in a forum. I must commend you for taking the time to post this whole thing.

One thing I was wondering, would it be possible to make it into a documentation form, so it's possible to download and use for future reference? I'm not saying that you have to, it's just a thought I had.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to post this.

Mehrana
Lack of Fashion Sense

Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 AM

Thank you so much for this guide! I have officially pegged myself as a three in general and strive to make myself a one! It's great, and now I know how to help myself when I find my "skills" slipping. ^^"

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-19-2010, 04:26 AM

lol well, I certainly found this cool and amusing while informative. ^_^ Lol'd at the black hole example. XD I'm just...not gonna try to figure out what I am. Not that it's not important to me, but if I overthink it, I'll only get worse. >.<

Roka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM

I wonder why I've never clicked this before. I wonder what I am....
/goes to search the thread/

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 PM

If I a roleplay pretty good and only have been roleplaying since I was...the year... *thinks* 2004, then what would I be? *thinks*

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM

Well, that was a very interesting read. Looks like I'm in the 4 to 7 range. Ha ha. It really depends, though. If you're roleplaying with friends, some of the 7-rated things don't matter.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Dmitri Blair
The Avid, Slightly Crazy Kid.
Send a message via AIM to Dmitri Blair

Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM

I really hope everyone reads this, because it's lovely.
Also, I'm pretty sure I skipped over the elite stage and just became an oldbie.. Goodness. I don't think I've ever been an asshat, but I could be wrong.. Idk. I just prefer to work with roleplayers that will put in as much effort as I do. Which isn't much to ask, really..

But lovely guide, mon amie.