clevernamepending
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-10-2007, 02:28 AM

I feel special, my thread is being talked about XP I keep wanting to PM a mod, but I never know which one to PM.

Screw it. PMed Kale Dragonheart about this thread and mine to be stickied.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 PM

STICKIED.

Let the wise RPer see this thread and know the signs. This place will have order.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Oh wow. *blushes*

*gets back to work on the rest of these*

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 PM

YAY for Stickies! Finally :D

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2007, 07:18 PM

This calls for a celebration! And BEER! :o

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 PM

AYE! :D

<beermug_raise.exe> :lol:

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM

Jac - At least you have good beer in germany to raise. *bitter*

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2007, 07:45 PM

Truth be told, I only like radlers... Uh, beer and lemonade thingies. I don't know what they are called in English. :?

I prefer Italian wine. o3o

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 05-10-2007, 07:48 PM

Give me a good mojito or a mai thai. I'm not a beer person.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2007, 08:09 PM

They really don't have an English name. I only know them as Radlers as well. Unless you could possibly call them a shandy... but that's usually like gingerale and wine.

Have you tried the coke and beer? For some reason Germans are a big fan of that.

But yes, yay for sticky! :D

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2007, 08:12 PM

I've tried Colaweissen, but I still like Radlers more.

*throws confetti and rolls around* o3o

clevernamepending
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-10-2007, 08:45 PM

Hey, congrats only other OOC sticky thread. I'm surprised Kale did it so quickly. Glad I PMed her in the end XP And I didn't feel so egotistical since I wasn't asking just about my own thread.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-14-2007, 01:11 AM

That's good.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 05-16-2007, 08:53 PM

Hmmm... New to Menewsha(granted this site isn't that old, is it?), but been rping in one form or another for... *does the math* almost 11 years now? Started out learning table top D&D and the like at somewhere between 9 and 10 years of age... 20 now and still going strong, though I've expanded to table top, chat/im, message board, and e-mail. Oh yeah... and LARPing... gotta love dressing up like your character and acting. :D It's like make believe for those of us in denial of just how old we REALLY are on the inside.

I guess that would put me in with the oldbies... Though I will admit that on the rare occasions that I joined gaia rps, or started them... I was a bit of an elitist. The place was overrun with n00bs and people who claimed to be literates, but couldn't manage it at all. I made... and still do... people submit a sample post to me before I'll let them in a game I run. I don't look at it as a way of putting people down... I look at it as a way of making sure I'm not going to deal with people who can't write or rp, and would just flood the board with drivel that's painful to read.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 05-16-2007, 08:58 PM

HELL YES.

Thank you. I'm a vice-captain for a guild back on Gaia, and you can't imagine how many things I get from people wanting to join... First, they don't display the proper format of the bio, then they demonstrate piss-poor grammar and spelling... then they don't even bother to write up a history section for their character.

I just plain left Gaia after that, only I'm still a member in the hopes that a decent RP can be found amidst the rubble. *Meanface.*

Lucky for me... there's Mene.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovingMercenary
HELL YES.

Thank you. I'm a vice-captain for a guild back on Gaia, and you can't imagine how many things I get from people wanting to join... First, they don't display the proper format of the bio, then they demonstrate piss-poor grammar and spelling... then they don't even bother to write up a history section for their character.

I just plain left Gaia after that, only I'm still a member in the hopes that a decent RP can be found amidst the rubble. *Meanface.*

Lucky for me... there's Mene.
lol. I left Gaia shortly after several failed attempts at getting multiple rp ideas to fly. I simply could NOT find the writers for them. Theres a thread I'm thinking about starting here... would run like a cross between a table top and a message board rp... No dice or anything, not even particular rules... but I'd be acting as a GM and giving people settings and NPCs to interact with and the like. Just not sure quite yet if the people on here are ready for the kind of thing I'd be running. Especially because I'm a bit of a hard ass when it comes to posting deadlines, post quality, etc. I demand a level of excellence in my threads. Honestly, if I can post a certain quality and can spend the time on it to do so, I expect the same from my players. If I let you in, that means your capable of it. The question after that is whether or not you have the RESPECT for your game master and fellow players to keep up that quality you showed when you submitted your application to join.

If that makes me an elitist, then oh well.. that's what I am.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 PM

...You should totally join our Kingdom RP.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Nevermind...

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 PM

Haw. Come on, we need dedicated people like you!

Besides, if all else fails, you could get someone to help you with your own aims here in Mene.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Well... if you're willing to spare the time to maybe copy-paste the stuff I HAVE to read(aside from the rules... already did that :p) before joining, and give me the quick and dirty run down of what's going on and what kind of characters are needed, I may be willing to join. Unfortunately, my problem is catching up to everyone else... I haven't the time to read threads that area already 15+ pages along. Between work and doctor's visits and preparing for a new baby, my spare time is a bit limited for things like that.

Anyway, I'm gonna hop off here but if you'd be willing to PM me that info, I'll have a look at it when I get home... going out to dinner.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM

Das owie. Hope everything turns out okay.

That said, sure. I'll PM you the stuff.

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2007, 12:09 PM

*celebrates* Yay for more people!

That reminds me RM... I was talking to one of my friends over here - a very literate DM actually, perhaps even oldbie - about this, and she got so excited about the kingdoms that she started jumping around and grinning.

So we might get another visitor. :)

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Woo!

Sinspiration
Demon Overlord
Send a message via AIM to Sinspiration Send a message via MSN to Sinspiration Send a message via Yahoo to Sinspiration

Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 PM

To be honest, this is the first time I ever heard the term 'Munching' used to describe how good or bad an rper is... o_o... 7 years of rping and im still finding lotsa crazy/funny stuff, this'll take some time to read... xD

Rizu Komesu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rizu Komesu

Old 05-29-2007, 07:38 PM

You're not the only one, Sinspiration. The first time I saw this thread was the first time I saw the term 'munching' as well, along with ALL of the bad habits RPers may have. ^^;