patchy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:44 AM

Not bad 8D That egg is really nicely done, love the details. How long have you been doing pixel art?

I also second what ceridwen said, show us PK 8D
I love seeing other people's pixel work.

@blueblackrose
see ya later 8D

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:45 AM

xD I would, but hrm...i don't think my commissioners would approve. Well, that and i'm kind of antsy about art theft : x Hate all art thieves with a passion -nods-

Edit:
Hrm...well here's one example of my work.

Click Here :0

Collab between myself and a friend, namely Alias. I did the colouring, the animated glow and the blinking xD Lol.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 AM

That egg was a pain in the arse that had me question my sanity a few times. Lmao. It's hatched forms and evolutions are proving pains now. But I enjoy it.

I've been pixeling on and off about 4-5 years. I pick it up in spurts then abandon it again XD. I'm much better with game sprite but I can't find any right now to upload them. Silly disorganized files.

PK: Aww... </3 But, but... When you've got it, flaunt it? ;;

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Spanish Leek Squared

Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 AM

Hello

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:52 AM

Patchy:
-mumbles- Fine! But only this once xD Edited my post by the way, haha.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda:
Ooo...4-5 years? Hrm...i'm not sure how long i've been pixelling for, really. Maybe about the same amount of time, more off than on though as i've been busy with real life, sick alot, etc etc xD

And...i editted my post? :0 -points up-

Spanish Leek Squared:
Leeky dear! It's been forever and a day xD How are you?

Edit:
Sorry to anyone if the colouring seems abit dark on your screen by the way. It looks fine on my screen, but yeah...just to be sure xD

patchy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
That egg was a pain in the arse that had me question my sanity a few times. Lmao. It's hatched forms and evolutions are proving pains now. But I enjoy it.

I've been pixeling on and off about 4-5 years. I pick it up in spurts then abandon it again XD. I'm much better with game sprite but I can't find any right now to upload them. Silly disorganized files.

PK: Aww... </3 But, but... When you've got it, flaunt it? ;;
I've been pixeling for just over 4 years ^^;;
I love doing game sprites but I'm not great at it.
I like doing the larger fighting game sprites like you mentioned capcom but I tend to gravitate more towards the size of guilty gear sprites.

@Spanish Leek Squared-
welcome 8D

edit:
@PK-
Wow, thats really gorgeous 8D
I fail so epically at any thing thats not human ^^;;

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 AM

Ooh, really like that~. What do you animate with? Most of what I use totally fails and my animations come out all wonky, and at that point I end up stabbing something nearby with a pencil. XD; (Always inanimate.)

Allo Spanish Leek Squared. =3

Patchy: My guilty pleasure is Darkstalker's sprites. Homg, they're so old skool but it was always my favourite game. Any form of arcade fighter sprite and I'm there. *_*

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-21-2008, 06:56 AM

PK; I'm good!
Dx ow, ow, ow. Pins and needles in my foot.
-twitches- Dx;;

How are you?

Patchy; How are you?

patchy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda

Patchy: My guilty pleasure is Darkstalker's sprites. Homg, they're so old skool but it was always my favourite game. Any form of arcade fighter sprite and I'm there. *_*
*nods* Darkstalkers uses really nice coloring :O
Then again, I haven't really come across a sprite I didn't like XD

@Squared-
I'm good, thanks 8D
just chillin' like a villain.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 AM

I love, love, love the backgrounds used in those games. ;o; They're so detailed and pretty to look at. I think I'm on The Game Sprite Archive site an unhealthy amount to boot. xD

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:02 AM

Patchy:
Aww...really, you think so? xD Thanks <3 And haha, i can do people too although i haven't done them in a long time : x I can do clothing and all that, but yeah...haven't done any pixel people for a while xD

xDDD Why thankyou! And hum...i just animate with Animation Shop 3 actually. I'd try and get something better but i don't think i can afford it o.o Lol.

Hrm...maybe you just aren't drawing enough frames for the animation? xD I'm not expert, as i've never taken classes for art, animation or whatever as i'm self-taught but yeah...wonky animation usually just means you're missing a frame or two. Once you make those, then your animation becomes alot smoother xD

Spanish Leek Squared:
D : Your foot fell asleep on you, eh? Try hitting it so that the pins and needles die down a little. Or at least, that's what i do anyway xD And it certainly helps -nods-

As for how i am...mmm..i'm pretty good, thankyou for asking <3 And i'm glad to hear that you're good xD

Edit:
...D : Did someone mention backgrounds? xD Lmao -is obsessed with drawing backgrounds : x-

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-21-2008, 07:04 AM

Ceridwen; How are you?

Patchy; xD Yay!
I can't move. Hopefully the blood will start moving back to my foot. >_>;
If not, I shall be stuck here for a while.. and the cookies are just out of each. Dx
It's times like these I wish I had magical poowers. D:

PK; @_@ You're meant to elevate it so the circulation will returns. I just kinda stay still until I can feel it again. >w>;;

Yay! Been up to anything interesting lately? xD

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 AM

Spanish Leek Squared:
xDDD I know that, silly! But usually hitting the bottom of your foot, or feet, helps to circulate the blood even more. Or, urh...maybe that's just me and i'm weird D : But in anycase...xD -coughs-

Mmm...well aside from procrastinating in doing examples for my art auction...nothing much really. Although, i did go out to dinner with relatives yesterday, haha xD

patchy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:08 AM

@squared-
Heh, sorry to hear about your foot ^^;;

@Ceridwen-
I have several sprite pages bookmarked so I know what ya mean XD I look at them some times just for inspiration or seeing how they did some thing if I want to imitate a certain technique.

Any who, I guess I should get going and do my work so I'll talk to you all tomorrow :3

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:09 AM

Patchy:
xD Lata Patchy! Try and have fun with your work?

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 01-21-2008, 07:09 AM

No, no, it's the fact the programs I use for the animating itself are from the early 90s and barely compatible with my PC any more. Lmao. xD I just can't afford a legit program so I survive off the freebies the interwebs gives me.

And homg, I can't do a background to save my life. xD *jealous*

Spanish leek Squared: I'm good. X3 You? <3

patchy: you and me both. I can find myself ogling various sprite sites for hours if no one stops me. Then I end up on a pixeling spree, but get flustered half way through when mine doesn't look like the professionals. XD

See ya! <3

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:12 AM

Ooo...gotcha. Wait, but what programs do you have then? xD Lol. All i've ever had is Animation Shop 3, so haha...it's all i've ever known. I seriously do want to get into using Flash though, and just having fun with that because well...it seems so easy to use xD

You can't? o.o Psh...i bet you could xD

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-21-2008, 07:12 AM

PK; xD; You're not meant to do that though since your foot is numb and you could injury yourself.
>w> But my foot is awake now.
All is good.
*nibbles on cookie and plays pokemon* xD;;

xD Fun?
Did you see my entry for the MAC competition? >w> What do you think of it?
I think I might try to get it. xD;

Bye Patchy

Ceridwen; I'm good. x3
My sister is going out so I can finally play pokemon on her DS. >w>;;

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 AM

Spanish Leek Squared:
...o.o Seriously? I've never injured myself doing that at all. After all, it's not the same as bashing your foot against something, lmao xD You're just basically tapping / slapping your feet in order to get the blood circulating and some feeling back into your feet -nods-

:0 Leeky has cookies? What kind?

No i haven't actually, but i'll go look now? xD And haha, i doubt you've seen mine? I was trying for something different -nods-

Edit:
Am i cursed or what? Lmao. I just got 6666 gold. Nothing more, nothing less. Not even a .66 over xD That's very creepy, eh? D :

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-21-2008, 07:17 AM

PK; xD Oh, well some people do bash their foot. xD;;
I hate the pins and needles feel so I just wait for it to go back to normal.

>w> Kingstons. xD;

No, I saw it. xD It matches the theme very well. x3

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 01-21-2008, 07:20 AM

Just finished? 8D;

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:21 AM

Spanish Leek Squared:
xD Exactly. And yeah...some people are odd. I would wait for my feet to go back to normal when i do get pins and needles, but i'm sort of impatient and the pins and needles get on my nerves and annoy me, so i just tap/slap my feet until they go back to being somewhat normal xD

Never head of them o.o ...Either that, i've missed seeing them in the local shops xD

Aww...well thankyou, and haha, i was hoping it would :3 I could use the gold to go towards getting me my long quested Valentine's Day Hairpin xD

Edit:

Ironic_Depressions:
Heylo Ironic luff! :0 Welcome back! How was the gate fixer-uppering? xD Lol.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM

Well, uh. Half the gate is already painted. xD;

Another half to go. The clouds were looking menacing so we stopped. ^_^;

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 AM

PK; Well, my pins and needles don't last long. @__@; Although my foot falls asleep two to three times. Dx I massage them if it gets annoying.

They might just be a Australia brand biscuit. xD;

Oh, cool. x3 I'm trying to get a v-day belt. xD If I manage to get it I think i'll try to get a sash. >w>;

PK
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 AM

Ironic_Depressions:
xD Still, at least your work is half over, eh? And heh...yeah, menacing clouds are never any good. Could mean the paint would also just get washed off too, haha, especially seeing as it wouldn't be dry yet.

-hugs- So, what are you up to right now? Just relaxing? o3o

Spanish Leek Squared:
xD Mine vary, sometimes they last a long time, sometimes they last a short while. It's random, really. And lol, two or three times? Mine just fall asleep like once, and that's it.

Oh...o.o I must be terribled sheltered then in terms of cookies D : Or maybe it's just because i'm used to asian groceries and stuff xD

:0 Leeky's going after alot, no? But still, you deserve it x3