salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-20-2016, 02:55 AM

How often do you recycle or throw away your clothing, whether it be shirts, pants, undergarments, socks, shoes, jewelry, bags, and other accessories?

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-22-2016, 04:56 PM

I probably donate clothes once every season.

Lately I've been donating my clothes more often than that because we're moving and I have a ton of clothes and I need to get rid of a lot of them.

I usually donate skirts, jackets, shirts and pants.
I keep my underwear for ages until they start getting holes and then I just throw them away.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-22-2016, 06:19 PM

Hmm I'm not sure charities even take underwear donations, haha ^_^ so it makes sense that you would throw those away. That is so nice that you donate your other clothes, and every season at that!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-22-2016, 06:52 PM

I never really thought about it before...
I don't think I've ever seen underwear at charity stores, so you're probably right about that! Lol.

I wear out my underwear to death anyway, though. You'd think I must do some crazy stuff to get my underwear to have so many holes and stuff in them! I think it's just from years of washing, though.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-22-2016, 09:37 PM

Depends with underwear... Bascially anything that covers your arse, socks and hose have to be new to be sold. Bras, vests, sleepwear that depends on the area it ends up in.

Otherwise it goes to rag which is then futher sorted and either goes to poor countries or is shreaded and becomes carpet underlay.

So always wash your stuff before you donate it.

I always give selling my stuff a go first. Then it goes off to charity. All my old bras went in the pink charity bin because it was breast cancer and by going in that chairty bin one of the large supermarkets also made a donation and I knew that if it wasn't fit to be sold over here some poor woman in Africa would end up with it.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-06-2016, 10:30 PM

I get a lot of my clothes second hand to begin with, so I donate things back into the system on a regular basis. I tidied my whole closes with the KonMari method a while ago and got rid of a lot of clothes then. Since then, I occasionally weed out items I don't love or wear anymore, but it takes a while to fill up a bag.

Stuff like socks and underwear go into the trash when they get too worn out. Even if the underwear is perfectly clean, it's still not really considered sanitary, and the accumulation of stains is pretty unattractive. *shrug*