salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-18-2016, 07:43 PM

Have you ever dyed or highlighted your hair?
If so, how often?
What color was your hair originally and what color did you dye it?
What inspired you to dye your hair that color?
Have you ever dyed your hair a color people don't naturally have?
How was your new hair color received by others?
What did you use to dye your hair?

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-19-2016, 01:55 AM

I get red tips on my hair, and have had them for the past 2 and half years, I don't know why I got them done, it was just on a whim, I wanted a change. everyone says that it looks great and I'm happy with it. I get it touched up ever two months and redyed every 6. I'm thinking about adding some orange to the very tips so it kind of looks like flames.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 05-20-2016, 04:17 AM

//whistles Do I dye my hair?
Oh yeah, I dye my hair.

All the time, too.

Right now it's blonde. Yesterday it was platinum, but I toned it (with some manic panic purple + conditioner) so that it's a little more silvery--I suppose you'd call it a champagne blonde now.
I've had white hair, silver hair, purple hair, lavender, blue, green, orange, red, black, pink, white and purple, you name it. My favorite was the beginning of the school year where I dyed the roots a dark blue and it faded (ombre) into a pale blue. Then I dyed the roots black and had silver ends. This last one was a fan favorite, and I even had a couple nice hair extensions to match.

Now I have a job where my boss may not necessarily appreciate my fondness for lavender hair, so it's blonde.
I do it all myself. I went to a salon to get lavender hair, and she burnt it so badly that pieces broke off and it was so, so, so brittle...the color was lovely, but it was over $250 and I have no wish to spend that kind of money if you're going to ruin my hair, you know? The last time I went to a salon I had very short hair and asked for silver. Instead, she gave me platinum blonde with silver on the ends because she didn't tone it evenly; another whopping $250. So I thought, why would I pay for this garbage when I can just ruin my own hair for a $3 bottle of developer and $6 bottle of toner?
I feel like I'm single-handedly forcing the local Sally's to re-stock all their Wella toners.

Last edited by jupiter; 05-20-2016 at 04:20 AM..

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-21-2016, 12:19 AM

my hair dresser does not charge me that much money because she's a friend and she knows im a broke college student. It's 55 for a redye and recolour and then 10 for touchups

MeIshCutie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-25-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Have you ever dyed or highlighted your hair?
If so, how often?
What color was your hair originally and what color did you dye it?
What inspired you to dye your hair that color?
Have you ever dyed your hair a color people don't naturally have?
How was your new hair color received by others?
What did you use to dye your hair?
I have dyed my hair in the past until present either by me or a peofessional. Because it's expensive haha I do it myself at times but of course the finish is not like how a professional does it. xD

So far, I only have tried maroon, red that shows when light is on my hair, normal red, and green for a schoolplay. As you can see, I normally use red because it's my favorite color hehe. I would also want to try other colors as well but I'm not sure just yet. I might not like it in the end and regret x)

When I dye my hair red, usually get pretty good compliments :3

When I dye my own hair, I buy the ones you can see at drugstores, walmart because they're cheap and are good quality as well.

---------- Post added 05-25-2016 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
//whistles Do I dye my hair?
Oh yeah, I dye my hair.

All the time, too.

Right now it's blonde. Yesterday it was platinum, but I toned it (with some manic panic purple + conditioner) so that it's a little more silvery--I suppose you'd call it a champagne blonde now.
I've had white hair, silver hair, purple hair, lavender, blue, green, orange, red, black, pink, white and purple, you name it. My favorite was the beginning of the school year where I dyed the roots a dark blue and it faded (ombre) into a pale blue. Then I dyed the roots black and had silver ends. This last one was a fan favorite, and I even had a couple nice hair extensions to match.

Now I have a job where my boss may not necessarily appreciate my fondness for lavender hair, so it's blonde.
I do it all myself. I went to a salon to get lavender hair, and she burnt it so badly that pieces broke off and it was so, so, so brittle...the color was lovely, but it was over $250 and I have no wish to spend that kind of money if you're going to ruin my hair, you know? The last time I went to a salon I had very short hair and asked for silver. Instead, she gave me platinum blonde with silver on the ends because she didn't tone it evenly; another whopping $250. So I thought, why would I pay for this garbage when I can just ruin my own hair for a $3 bottle of developer and $6 bottle of toner?
I feel like I'm single-handedly forcing the local Sally's to re-stock all their Wella toners.
OMG! $250 for a failed hair color.? XD In Hawaii, the normal charge is between $40-$90 and lasts for 2 months or so (not counting the new hair that grows).

Also by reading how you dye your hair, it's sounds cool! Made me think that you're coloring your hair professionally.