salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-21-2016, 03:05 PM

What is your favorite hotel you have ever stayed at?
And what is the worst experience you have ever had at a hotel?

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 08-21-2016, 03:57 PM

I've not stayed at many that I can remember, but in recent years, conventions have always been involved.

So...

- The Gaylord National Harbor(National Harbor, MD): the place is XBOX HUEG, and the atrium is amazing. Although the Residence Inn across the road narrowly edges it out because, hey -- microwaves and free breakfast.

- The Holiday Inn Inner Harbor(Baltimore, MD): my home base for Otakon. Rooms in the main building are good-sized(I wouldn't recommend stuffing rooms in the second building), plus microwaves and fridges. Plus everything important is at most two blocks away.

- Embassy Suites Hampton Roads(Hampton, VA): while I prefer the Days Inn close by due to it being cheaper, the Embassy is amazing. rooms are HUEG(plus microwave and fridge), plus an incredible free breakfast. Oh, and free booze. Granted, it's one drink per person per night, but still -- hey, free booze!

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-21-2016, 09:39 PM

I never think to remember a hotel name - but this cute little place in Toronto that I stayed at when I attended the Video Game Music Orchestra was excellent. It was just really adorable, had cute rooms, and was in a great location.

I'm not a very picky person though, I usually enjoy most hotels I stay at - because 'oh, hotel!' If it has wifi and a pool, I'm usually satisfied.

The only time I've had an issue is when I stayed in one that was actively under construction. Very little sleep was had, and it was dusty (And the pool was closed. :( )

Fortunately, there was a random parade going by that we got to watch from our hotel window, so bonus?

--

Oh!! I totally forgot.

I usually love those little places in the downtown core, that are one or 2 large suits. Usually houses - turned bed and breakfasts. I stayed at one during a friends birthday and it was just so adorable! It was like a little bachelor apartment, decorated all swanky, with a killer view and a great location.