zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-01-2016, 06:52 PM

So, I've been thinking about moving for a while now and one of the places I'm looking at is Portland, Oregon. Have any of you ever lived there or visited? I'd love to have some insider info if anyone has.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-01-2016, 11:20 PM

My brother lived around that area for a while. I only visited, but it seemed typical of that ... area? Pacific Northwest-types I mean. I'd like to visit again to get a better idea of it, but I keep it on my list of places I wouldn't mind settling.

Any chance you could visit to check it out?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-02-2016, 02:49 AM

I'm hoping to go visit sometime in the next few months but there's a job I'm looking at applying to sooner than that so I'm not sure that will help. ^^;

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-10-2016, 05:39 PM

I have lived near Portland if that helps. Beaverton and some city I can never remember the name of.
Just uhh... if you see something weird... don't worry that's normal. My first time to Portland (while living in that area) thousands of bubbles started floating by a 90% of the people there just completely ignored it like it wasn't even there.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-10-2016, 10:18 PM

I lived in a tiny town 42 miles to the east of Portland for the first 12 years of my life...then I got moved to the Denver area of Colorado against my will & have been stuck in Colorado ever since.
I'm sure that things have changed a lot..but I remember people just being more friendly...and scenery is outstanding!
I don't know where you are moving from, but I would recommend Portland as a nice place to live and work...especially if you have a job lined up to go to.
Good luck with your decision!