Rmarques
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rmarques

Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM

So, I went to my video renting store, looking for some anime to watch (they actually have a rather decent selection). I was looking for Grave of the Fireflies... Gone. *stab*

Oh well, I got the first volume of our release of Evangelion. All is well... Untill I noticed that the audio sync of the Portugese dub on the second episode is way off. *stab*

Oh well, the DVD also had the Japanese, French and Spanish audio, so off to Spanish with Portugese subs I watch... And the subs are full of grammar errors and words left in Spanish, which confirms that they are the translation of a translation. *stab*

But hey, the Spanish dub is awesome, and better than the already pretty good Portuguese one, anyway. And then, only half of episode 3 works, and the other ones seem to be malfunctioning too, since my PS2 says the disc can't be read when I try to watch them. *stab*

And to add icing to the cake, the "Next on Evangelion" segments at the end of the episodes were not dubbed in the Spanish and Portugese audio, so they were left with the French voices, but no subs. Not all that bad, since the french also did a great job, but it should not be done on a professional work. *stab*

So, I go to a reputed media store that is known to have a lot of stuff when it comes to books, CDs and DVDs... But Evangelion DVDs doesn't seems to be one of them. In fact, older Portugese anime releases seem to be something they don't have. *stab*

So, share other similar experiences. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be sulking and trying to get myself to watch AD. Police and the Gall Force OVAs, which I've been delaying.

PS: Shinji's spanish voice is sexyness on skinny 14 years old legs.

PPS: And apparently, the company that released the Evangelion DVDs has closed down, so they're probably out of print. *stab*

MayuSatomiJuRei
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM

grave of the fireflies is deeply disturbing and made me cry...

Rmarques
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayuSatomiJuRei
grave of the fireflies is deeply disturbing and made me cry...
Well, it DOES take place in Japan during WW2

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-13-2008, 05:57 PM

wow, I am sorry. Yes there is alot of sad things when that happens. That is when i just give up and say that nothing wants me to watch anime all day.

Ebuichan
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 PM

grave of the fireflies... do u mean that anime from ghibli?...when it is so that its really deep with the intent to thinkin about such war and how does it feels for they´re victims...especially when they´re children which have lost they´re parents ...i cried a lot especially when the lil girl died..is really a heavy deep sadly anime.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 PM

Yeah, Miyazaki won realyl well with getting people to cry in that film. It is sad, through it all, i like it better than grave of the firefly the book, that one was just odd.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 PM

I cried.
Miyazaki is just simply amazing.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-13-2008, 10:59 PM

yes, we all love miyazaki!! Anyway, Also was noticing, it is harder and harder to find Eva stuff, really it is, I kind of with one could find more.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 01:42 AM

Wow, that like...Really sucks D: But aren't you always going on about imports and all that when we talk on MSN? Why don't you just find a site to import all the stuff you want, rather than going to untrustworthy video stores.

Rmarques
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 01:44 AM

Uh... Miyazaki didn't work on Grave of the Fireflies...

Quote:
Wow, that like...Really sucks D: But aren't you always going on about imports and all that when we talk on MSN? Why don't you just find a site to import all the stuff you want, rather than going to untrustworthy video stores.
I'd like to keep imports to a last resort, and besides, I still haveto convince my dad to let me buy stuff, and look into international money orders around here. Plus, it'd be cheaper. >_>

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 AM

Win the lottery and buy your own house. That way you can import without having to convince anyone to let you! :3

Or you could just watch them how I watch MY TV...Like Avatar and Heroes.

Rmarques
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB14
Win the lottery and buy your own house. That way you can import without having to convince anyone to let you! :3

Or you could just watch them how I watch MY TV...Like Avatar and Heroes.
Hehe, having the DVD harcopies is much more satisfying. Besides, the special box sets have all sorts of cool stuff.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 AM

Meh, I suppose. And I guess it's people like me who cause the writers guild to go on strike in the first place, so...XD

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 AM

I have a site that I import stuff through, 3 actually but it is still a case they sell out of it or don't have the item or something of the sort. That is just how it is though, and i do site finding not for DVDs but for figurines and models and such because I love them soo much.