dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 05:10 PM

The first books were so great, but the ending to put it simple just sucked. You like the idea that Riiko will be dating the perfect boyfriend, Night. Then they just kill him! Even though they say he is going to wake up, but still, he died! They had better make a second series and have him wake up soon before she and Soshi get together. Especially with Soshi moving back from Spain and making moves on her. It just sucks! It was highly upsetting! What do you think of this series?

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-22-2007, 05:23 PM

I never read this series/comic/manga but it sounds/seems interesting so maybe i'll try it out! i'm okay with spoilers don't worry!!! Usually it just makes it more interesting!!! :D

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 12-22-2007, 07:36 PM

I finished reading it a few weeks ago.. it was a wonderful manga. <33 It was so touching at the end. D: I wished Night stayed forever.. it was just too sad to see him go. ;__;

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 08:01 PM

@Californiaswimmergirl - Alright. I hope you like the series and enjoy reading it!

@suppi - Yeah, it was really sad and anger provoking at the same time. It was like "Nooooooooo! So sad!!! T_T Darn you author for killing him! :evil: "

Vii
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Vii

Old 12-23-2007, 06:03 PM

A wonderful seires, though the ending did suck.

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Yeah. );
I hate it when those things happen.. they make me cry every time. D:
I mean, he's not human and all.. but he really loved Riiko. ;-; <333

Raining Skittles
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2007, 08:56 AM

Oooh! Absolute Boyfriend is amazing! I have up to volume four, and my friend showed me a site that has the remaining mangas up, scanlated and all. The ending was so sad, I actually started crying. But really, it was wonderful that she got with the guy who was with her for so long (I forgot his name -head desk- ). I really like the guy who sold Night to her, he was funny!

DeviChiyoko
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 09:41 PM

Absolute Boyfriend is a great read, I really enjoyed it.
My Favorite character was Soshi =3
I loved chibi Night the best though, him and his darn cuteness really got to me x3x

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 12-26-2007, 11:50 PM

i admit, that i was only able to read a few of the
chapters that they had released in the shojo beat
mags, i would really like to have continue to see read
the rest of the series.
maybe i'll just see if i can buy the manga xD

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2007, 03:45 AM

I must say, I was quite disappointed when I read Zettai Kareshi/Absolute Boyfriend. I mean seriously, she's had this wonderful guy [that's a REAL HUMAN person] that lives near her and loves her, and she ends up choosing a friggin' robot that just ended up dying in the end anyway =_=

I still love Yuu Watase though <33

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2007, 01:39 PM

I like this series, and I'm especially satisfied with the ending. :). I know, I sound heartless, right? But I can't stand Night. :(. He's WAY too perfect, and when he's not being perfect, he's being perverted. Besides that, he's the ONLY thing that's stopping Riiko from dating Soshi. Had she not bought him, she would have been dating Soshi, and we wouldn't have ever had to deal with Night's overly perfect personality.
I love the ending because it removes the ONLY obstacle that's between Riiko and Soshi. XD. From what it seems, it looks like Riiko's probably going to end up dating Soshi in the future(eventually.) Which is what I've been wanting to see since the beginning. :)

Cinnamonbun08
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 PM

I love Zettai Kareshi. Such a great series, though I did feel it was a little short...but I guess it gets hard for Yu Watase to have epically long stories like Fushigi Yugi. :D

Any way, I like the ending because it was a dramatic and unexpected way for Riiko to kind of have both guys. She did mention how hard it was for her to choose between the two, which really reflects what some readers feel. I mean I couldn't choose between Night and Soushi either. So it's like she kinda gets both... I mean yeah of course it sucked that Night had to go, but at least they had a great relationship. And now well, she has a new opportunity with someone who's loved her forever and still loves her. I just wish there was more to the series. Ha ha. Overall, a great read.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 PM

I found out about Absolute Boyfriend through ShojoBeat, and I only read bits and pieces of it, but I loved it. Shojo manga is hardly my thing (Ugh! Fight scenes and drama beyond which boy to date, please!) but Absolute Boyfriend was definitely something that got me interested.

The ending made me sad. :( I was like, "...What? No. D:" It was kind of an abrupt way to end it, too. I prefer endings where more clues and hints were interwoven into the plot- things you don't pick up on as you're reading, but smack yourself for missing once you reread it.

Narcotic Kisses

Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 AM

I agree.
Great story, sucky ending.
I almost cried when Night died, i really wish he hadn't. And that other guy is just annoying (I forget his name)
I really want to see the live action movie.

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 AM

I don't know, I somewhat enjoyed the manga (I haven't seen the anime if there is one)
But I'm glad that they killed off Night, I mean, yes, it's sad, but he's not a human being, he's a robot, a very cleverly developed robot, her becoming attatched to him is like some chick falling in love with their dildo. And I don't feel TOO badly about the guy next door, he should have told her how he felt about her, anyways he gets his chance after Night dies because Night sends for him because he knows that he will love her.

BloodyRavens
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 AM

I agree with everyone, the ending did suck. Night was so cute.... Well I hope you all know that they made a live action out of it by the same name, you can either find it as Absolute Boyfriend or Zettai Kareshi. Be warned though that it isn't like that manga... well it is but Riiko is older and in the work force. She is an aspiring chef and works at an intern at a company that specializes in the designing and selling of desserts(that's the only thing that I can think of to call it) anyways, yes she works for Soshi's family company! Asamoto! He is the chief she works under while his older brother is in line to become the president of Asamoto. Anyways, to know the rest you'd have to watch, it's cute and the last episode made me cry so much... Hayama Mokomichi was a pretty good Tenjo Night and Mizushima Hiro did a pretty good job as Asamoto Soshi too. ^_^ it was worth watching, even if it wasn't like the manga that much.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 PM

I love Absolute Boyfriend and I didn't hate the ending at all. Sure, the perfect boyfriend for Riko died, but it kinda had to happen. It was probably better for Riko in the long run. Once she started getting older there would have been real problems, and Night would have been completely devastated when she died. If it hadn't ended that way, then I think it also could have just gone on forever. There wasn't another solid way to end it.

On another note if you loved the manga, then I suggest you watch the Japanese Drama on crunchyroll.com. The specifics of the story are a bit different, but the premise, and the ending (for you people who hate it) is the same. I cried my eyes out at the end, it was so sad. But it's awesome and funny. :)

Leira_lunas
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-21-2008, 05:51 PM

I thought the ending was a little much...I cried a little ><

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 10-22-2008, 01:18 AM

I actually cried a bit at the ending, that was how sad it was >.<...

Fantasme
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM

Although I agree that the ending was sad and face it, undesired by Night fans, in the long run it was for the best. A love like that isn't meant to be, and I was feeling pretty bad for Soshi. I mean, he's good-looking, he loves Riko and he's not a robot.

Obscure Moon
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-22-2008, 09:34 PM

I really loved that manga. It was funny but yeah. I found it unfair that Night died. However, I really did want Riiko to end up with Soshi since they've been friends for a long time. My favorite character was still Night so yeah, I was really sad that he was gone.

Zuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-22-2008, 11:40 PM

I just blubbered at the ending! But it was for the best! She couldn't be with somebody she couldn't grow old with! And with every book I got more and more attached to Soshi so... I am definitely on team Soshi!

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-23-2008, 01:20 AM

I know, that does suck but then hey, it would suck if she ages and he never does.

Bean

Old 12-01-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
The first books were so great, but the ending to put it simple just sucked. You like the idea that Riiko will be dating the perfect boyfriend, Night. Then they just kill him! Even though they say he is going to wake up, but still, he died! They had better make a second series and have him wake up soon before she and Soshi get together. Especially with Soshi moving back from Spain and making moves on her. It just sucks! It was highly upsetting! What do you think of this series?

Are you kidding? The ending was amazing, so perfect. It was really well-planned.

PithyPB

Old 12-12-2008, 08:45 PM

Endings are so tricky for any writer (or manga-ka, I s'ppose, in this case) to nail, for stories with love triangles, especially. I personally think the ending was fairly good. I'm not a die-hard Soushi fan, nor do I keep drawings of Night under my pillow, but I do like them both. The ending was a compromise between the two, which indecisive people like me (^^") can totally agree with.