Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 AM

Kiric nodded in agreement with Alexa, "I presume you understand the risk you're taking?" His tone was neutral but not unexpected. It was his job to make sure the Vai'on house remained safe. He sat in silence as Alexa, in all her youth, welcomed them with open arms under the banner of a noble cause. Kiric wasn't in line with such nobility but he did want his matron in power, because he would rule as long as she did. Not that he was intensely power hungry but it would take time to mold her into the ideal Matron. Which lead to his next question, "I would hate for you two, to have come all this way and be sent back, but I'm afraid I can't allow you to join us without some sort of proof that your defection is real." He paused eyeing them both in suspicion for a moment, "How do we know that you are not Selk's lap dog anymore?"

(Gotta make things difficult for em lol)

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 05-27-2011, 05:23 PM

((Haha, I was waiting for that. :lol: If it's too peaceful, it just isn't realistic. They're drow! Even with people like Fayne and Alexa . . . it's not supposed to be so smooth! :twisted: Poor Holly.))

Fayne seemed to have a rather violent reaction to Kiric's words. A blade was in his hand, and he was across the room, in a swift manner. Alexa didn't fear for Kiric - he was too skilled to die so easily - but there was a moment of surprise. Sword tip hitting Kiric's collar, Fayne glared at him. "I wouldn't bother coming," he hissed. "Selk has the upper hand in this city. She will crush resistance. If I wanted your house destroyed, all I would do is wait." Why put himself in harm's way if he only needed to bide his time? Granted, he was still a variable. He understood what they were asking. For some reason, it roused Fayne's anger to hear them ask. . . .
"If you want proof, look to the child Alexa has taken under her wing." Fayne's blade was sheathed. "Why would I go through such lengths to spite her?" His silver eyes lit up with hatred. "I will not serve that she-demon. Long have I detested her, but I won't stand by and watch her rise to further power." His fingers trailed over one of the scars that marred his features. The silver webbing was Selk's fault - and he wanted her to pay for it. His desire for Selk's downfall was more than the urge for justice: it was for revenge. Drow minds were trained to harbor such feelings: Fayne wasn't immune to the ways of his kin.

Alexa watched in silence, red eyes passing from Fayne to Kiric a few times. Was that a good enough answer? The woman thought about what Kiric would say: No. They needed something more. "One act isn't enough," she said, referring to the child she'd been harboring. "Anyone could set up a ploy for one child to slip through. You are still our enemy."
The weapon master took a slow breath before slowly stepping back to Holly's side. "Then what would you suggest I do, Vai'on?"

Marsyas

Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 PM

Kiric sat there calmly as Fayne put the blade at the base of his neck and spouted out words full of rage. At least he had the gall of a Drow if not all the same bite. Kiric had half way expected the male to at least draw blood but alas he didn't. Kiric's eyes narrowed as he sat through the outburst but his features remained calm. Then when he was done, Alexa took the words right out of his mouth. One deed wasn't nearly enough. They needed an advantage, and this child was little more than the legacy of a dead lineage whom they would soon join if things continued on this way. When the male finally settled down and asked what they required of him, a sly grin appeared on Kiric's lips, "I hear that the Toshiba house has a great number of talented sorceress', something that this house sorely lacks. We have a few but none talented enough to do much damage in a battle against your former house." He paused for a moment to allow the man to catch his drift, "I will give you a choice. I want you to either persuade some of the more talented magic users from that house to defect or to kill them and bring us the head of the most talented one. Which to my understanding would be a woman named Shara, correct?" This would level the playing ground for the upcoming battle. As things stood right now, the Vai'on house would be crushed, but Kiric wasn't about to let that happen without a fight. "Complete the task and you and your companion will be welcomed into the Vai'on house unquestioned. If you come back that is. . ."

Esmme

Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 PM

((HAHAH, YES! I will post later, sadly. :( I have to get going. I'll see how far I can get before being pulled out the door. . . .))

Alexa nodded, knowing that Kiric's words were wise. If Fayne was so willing to join them, he would have no problem killing off a few spell-casters.

((:XD Oh. Drat.))

broadway_princessxo34
If you don't care, why are you a...

Old 05-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Holly looked surprised at Kiric when he said that he didn't trust them. Well that wasn't exactly what he said, but that's how it came across. She didn't understand drow sometimes, but she didn't really have to. As Fayne stepped toward the other male she bit back her words. As long as Fayne didn't actually hurt the male his actions didn't matter. Holly took a deep breath and quickly glanced at Alexa. Trying to act normal. But this whole drow world bothered her. Maybe it was because she feared for this household when Selk attacked. It wouldn't be good.

As Fayne stepped back she reached out to take his hand, not tightly, but just so she could feel comforted. It took her long enough to get over being in Selks household, but now she was in a whole new one. New drow with different abilities and thoughts. Some part of her wondered if Kiric was to Alexa like Fayne was to Selk. She wasn't sure. They didn't seemed to be forced together. Well, Alexa didn't seem like a person to do that type of thing. Holly actually liked her, based on how kind she seemed, it was nice to know someone else was against Selk and not nearly as mean.

Holly was speechless after hearing Fayne's task. "But... He'll get hurt!" She cried not liking the thought. What if Selk found out before he got away? What if she took control and made him do something horrible? It wasn't even Shara she was worried about. Everything would go wrong if Selk took control.

((Drow are pure evil!!!!!!)))

Esmme

Old 05-29-2011, 06:51 AM

((:XD And these are the good drow! :sweat: Drow are the definition of evil - and, honestly, this particular story about them is rather tame. *grimace* They're much worse. >__<'))

Fayne heard Holly's cry, but his pale gaze hardened. "You doubt I would return?" His tone dropped drastically - the weapon master fingered the dagger he had hidden in one sleeve. For a moment his "soft" demeanor disappeared. He was drow: a true killer who never shied away from pain. He would do what was necessary. The dark elf let his cold gaze flit from Kiric to Alexa, and his hand tightened around Holly's. "If I cannot handle a few casters, I am useless to you."
The Vai'on matron smiled slightly. Much better; perhaps Fayne was a piece worth playing. Alexa observed how Holly had come to Fayne's defense in surprise. The very fact that a surface dweller was so attached to this male was . . . interesting. "Holly," the young woman caught the vampire's attention. "If you must fear for his life, do so by helping him." Alexa stood, moving to touch the vampire's cold shoulder. "You have speed. You have strength. I'm sure you could use them to help Fayne."

It was that suggestion that brought Fayne's attention back to Holly. "Don't put her in harm's way."
"Certainly a vampire could-"
Fayne cut the matron off with a growl. "She isn't part of this game." Even he knew that this whole thing (the entire corruption of the city) was like a game for the drow. It was an elaborate game of chess - with ever-changing rules. The winner took whatever they wanted from whoever they wanted.

Alexa paused, looking a bit startled by the ferocity that Fayne put toward Holly's defense. Unsure if she should push the issue, the woman ran a black hand over her bare shoulder. "Before we push this further, you should complete your first task."
The bristling male didn't back down completely. Fayne's silver eyes moved to Holly's hand in his before he spoke again. "Give me three days." With that he looked to the closed door. It was time to leave.

Marsyas

Old 05-29-2011, 08:14 PM

(I take it you liked the task I assigned to Fayne? LOL I actually had to come up with something rather quickly since we were leaving for the lake house and that was just the first thing that came to mind lol. Oh and yes, these are the good Drow HAHA. Or at least Alexa is. . .)

Kiric said nothing when Fayne mentioned trust. This wasn't a matter of trust, Kiric trusted nobody, not even Alexa but he didn't fear her. This was a matter of being useful. If he was useful then there would be a place for him, if not then well. . . His thoughts were interrupted by the vampire's outburst. Why was she so attached to a drow? What did he have to offer her? Nothing. What could he offer her? Nothing. The pairing made no sense but, it was none of the bulky (for his race that is) drow's concern.

Kiric listened on in silence as Alexa attempted to persuade Holly to join Fayne in his task until the male snapped at her cutting her off. Kiric waited until Fayne was done and about to leave to walk up to him and grab him by the hair planting his fist into the male's face numerous times, until his blood covered his knuckes, before ceasing and his deep rugged voice boomed like thunder throughout the room, "Do not ever, EVER, speak to the matron in that tone again. Do you understand me Fayne!?!" He knew the male would nod so he didn't wait for it to continue, "If it ever happens again, I will persoanlly cut out your tongue and force you eat it." Pausing for a moment he stared at the male with disgust, "Now, you have two days, non negotiable. See to it that you accomplish your task, or don't show your face here, EVER AGAIN!" Kiric's chest had swelled with a controlled rage and his red orbs matched and intensified the emotion.

It was not a male's place to speak to a matron or any other woman like that lest he be given that authority. Fayne had no authority here. He was a pawn, and a tool. Nothing more. Then an idea came to him that calmed him and brought a wry grin to his lips, "The woman stays with us. If you don't return within two days, she dies." This would be the incentive. "Guards arrest her, and take her to the dungeon." Doing as the male commanded two guards placed swords at the vampire's thoat as a third tied her hands and then began leading her from the room. You are playing with a desperate man's home Fayne. This is a dangerous dance we dance and there is no space to trip. . .

(Things are getting kinda violent in here :sweat: lol)

Esmme

Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 PM

((O___o' Just a bit. :lol:))

Alexa jolted when Kiric's violence broke their tense scene. She had forgotten: the honor of a matron showed how strong the household was. Kiric was merely solidifying the fact that they were strong - or now appeared strong. Though the Vai'on matron had lunged forward to stop her friend, she slowed to a stop and let her emotion drain from her features. The black woman merely watched in silence until Kiric was finished.

Fayne was surprized by Kiric's sudden movement. He bat the male's hand away the first time, but he was still off guard. Kiric's words were heard through a filter of rage - but Fayne knew how to respond to authority. He may not like this male - or this house - but if there was a chance of defeating Selk. . . .
Kiric's brutal threats didn't frighten him. The weapon master refrained from slipping a blade into his hand - he stopped the hidden sheath from disengaging a blade with a clenched fist. Fayne spit to the side, wiping blood from his nose and lip with the back of his hand. "What makes you think I'll return without Toshiba forces?" It was then that Kiric's wry smile made the weapon master stiffen. Holly. Just as a blade flicked into his hand the vampire was tied. Fayne knew better than to strike - there were bound to be multiple weapons trained on him even if he didn't see them.
"You are very close to making a dangerous mistake," Fayne growled, ignoring the blood that dripped from his slip lip. He was nearly trembling with the effort of staying his blade. With Holly in danger, he would rather get himself killed than see her harmed. With so little a chance of actually saving her, the male let his curved blades dip toward the floor. "Two days." This was not unusual for the drow: a compromise.

Looking to Holly with his silver eyes full of rage, Fayne bowed his head. I will return. Holly being here was what would draw him to return. The casters would be taken care of as soon as possible. "I won't be late," he whispered to Holly (though he knew the others would hear him. "I promise." Hesitant to leave, Fayne turned a final glare to Kiric before stepping past the drow leading Holly. His steps were full of barely witheld fury - he was gone faster than he'd arrived.
-

((Whew. Oh mah. :lol:))

broadway_princessxo34

Old 05-30-2011, 02:26 AM

((so... I think holly's anger might make no sense but that's okay. You get the point of it xD evil violent drow are making her go crazy.))

Holly watched silently, not replying to Alexa's words. Not at first. Finally, after Fayne said something she sighed. "I can't fight... I know nothing more than the basics and instinct when I am in trouble." Pausing she listened more,*three days. He had three days to pull this off. It wasn't that she doubted him, but that she feared for him. Alex was already gone, she couldn't lose Fayne now too. Her own hand tightened around his and she looked at the floor while Kiric spoke. He was just as bad as Selk. The difference was he was not matron and Alexa seemed nothing like him.*

"No!" She screeched as someone bound her hands away from Fayne. The other drow had spoken only seconds before. Not fast enough for her to react even with vampire speed. She looked terrified between the other three, her eyes stopping on Fayne. "Be careful. I love you." She whispered watching him leave as she was forced forward. *She stopped walking and looked back to Alexa and Kiric. "Why am I being held hostage so rudely? I do not feel that it is fair to let me sit alone in a disgusting dungeon. Is it not bad enough that you are making me stay away from Fayne? I cannot fight you if that is what you're worried about. I wouldn't fight you. I don't believe in killing unless someone elses death is on the line."*

Her body was turned so she was looking the two head on. "I did help Selk, that is why I came down here in the first place. Alex was killed. I could still be above with him, but she lied to me and said she would make the underdark better. Should I be hoping for Fayne's safe return, or do I want us both dead and away from this cruelness? If you are to be no better than she is as a matron, why should Fayne help? Why would he have not just run away to the surface?" This was the angriest Holly had been since she came down her. Actually, the anger she held was scaring herself, but she meant every word of what she had said. Hopefully they understood her. More than likely she was still going to the dungeon, at least she would if Kiric had a say in it.

Esmme

Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 AM

Alexa seemed interested in Holly's anger. There was a flicker of pity in her eyes as she listened to the vampire's words. "You will be safe here," the matron mother said, giving Holly a smile. "And your . . . friend will return for you. He will be successful because he has incentive to return quickly. Fayne will not fail."
Slowly waving the guards away from Holly, Alexa blinked a few times in thought. She knew Kiric would be unhappy with this treatment . . . but the woman felt bad putting Holly away in a cell. "Come with me." Glancing toward Kiric, Alexa cleared her throat. "I believe we have a bit in common, Holly."
-

Fayne returned to the Toshiba household quietly. How would he keep Holly's sudden disapearance from Selk? Someone was bound to notice if she wasn't constantly hanging around him. Dropping his thick hood, the drow growled quietly to himself. He would take care of those casters swiftly. He bee-lined toward the magic wing of the fortress without pausing. A few guards moved out of his way - he was dangerous at that moment. Shara and her "sisters" were about to have a lovely surprise.

Marsyas

Old 05-30-2011, 05:22 AM

Kiric had actually only used Holly as a tool to get Fayne to do his task with a purpose. For once he actually intended to show someone a mercy, but mostly because she was a kindred spirit with his matron and he had already known she wouldn't allow her to be put into a cell. His thoughts were made true as Alexa let the girl free and told her to come with her. Kiric smiled and his face seemed to have softened as he looked at his matron and then at Holly, "Before you ladies leave, I want to apologize to you Holly. I know I was rough on Fayne but I couldn't allow him to talk to my matron like that. Also, if we came across as too soft, Fayne wouldn't take us seriously nor would he want to help us. No matter how kind he is to you, the male is still a Drow." It was his way of saying Fayne still clung to his roots and instincts to some extent. The large elven male knew that if Holly was comfortable here Fayne would feel at peace if not safe with them. So nodding to Alexa, the male gave the females a small grin and took his seat. He had things to think about.

broadway_princessxo34

Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM

Holly waited and quickly pulled away from the guards as soon as they untied her. She walked over to Alexa and stood looking at the girl. "Something in common? Me? With a drow?" She asked surprised at even the possibility. Every drow could fight, and kill, they all were taught that way. Right? Her eyes moved to look at Kiric. "You could have been a bit nicer than that. Besides, what is he going to do when Selk finds out I'm not there? I follow him around everywhere..." She paused wishing she had told Fayne to say she was visiting her old home or something. "If he doesn't come back.... Are you really going to kill me?" Holly asked quietly looking down at the floor. Some part of her had a feeling that Fayne might not be dead if be didn't come back, but Selk could have caught him.

Esmme

Old 06-01-2011, 04:33 AM

"Your aid will never be wasted so foolishly," Alexa said quietly. Seeing something in Holly's eyes made the matron jealous. The drow cleared her throat. "Your friend seems very resourceful. I'm sure he can think of something to say to the Toshiba household that will excuse your absence." It was then that the slight woman started toward the door. She cast Kiric a slight smile as she stood in the doorway. "I know it's a bit of a change since your initial impression of the Vai'on house, but would you like to see my home? We aren't quite as well off as the Toshiba house, but I would like to show you around." And get to know you better. What use was an ally if they weren't really your "friend?" This surface dweller would be loyal to anyone who she found trustworthy - it was the way of the surface. As a drow, Alexa still thought in the ways of advantage and failure: Holly was a strong source that she didn't want to lose.
-

Fayne had been waiting for the priestesses to return for over an hour. The weapon master sat silently in the room where they met, his silver eyes trailing disinterestedly over magical objects and dusty tomes. He never suffered from impatience . . . until that moment. The drow fingered the engraved blade that he had been toying with for the duration of his wait. I will wait as long as necessary.
The silver-eyed male had just about relaxed when he heard the sound of soft footsteps. Spell-casters moved silently, but they were far too privileged to be without sound. Their lives weren't tempered with relentless danger at every turn. Shara entered the room, a few scrolls in her hand. She waved off a few of her underlings before sighing and setting her things down. The moment she did, her red eyes shot up. Shara could sense something out of the ordinary. Her hair was braided back with many small braids, making her look less formal than she usually went for. She wasn't prepared for something dangerous.
Just as Shara started muttering a protective charm, Fayne made his first movement. He would kill this woman, even if he had to lose something to finish the task.

((:sweat: I don't know if Selk should notice right off the bat, or what. :XD))

Marsyas

Old 06-12-2011, 05:26 AM

((No no let this one slide but the death should be noticed quickly. . .))

Shaking his head at Holly the male knew she wouldn't understand, "No, under the circumstances I couldn't have been. I don't expect you to understand, but I do ask that you simply respect it and let it go for now. You're not of this world and we have laws and customs to uphold just like you surfacers, whether you agree with them or not." When she asked if they would really kill her if Fayne didn't return, Kiric actually replied honestly, "No. If he doesn't return we'll find you a way to the surface. Without your link to this world, you have no reason to be here. Besides, I think it would be rather difficult to kill a vampire, no?" It was a teasing jest. When Alexa moved to the door and smiled, Kiric knew what she had planned. Smiling back he added, "When you return, I'd like to ask for your opinion on a few things if you don't mind Holly?"

broadway_princessxo34

Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 AM

(Sorry I haven't replied. I'm having trouble with everything right now and I'm having trouble findingthe energy to do anything.)

Holly looked to Alexa for a moment and a slight smile crossed her face, she felt welcome here. At least that was better than being useless like she was likely regarded as by both Selk and most of her household. Following Alexa to the doorway she only turned at the end of Kiric's words. "It's not that I do not agree with how you acted but more that I do not agree with the task you gave him. I do no see why the task had to be so deadly. He will return though. I know he will. And it's not his trust that will be important, but more the fact that the toshiba household will be weakend without the woman." Holly stated turning back to Alexa and meeting re drows gaze. "I'd like to see your house. Actually, I'd be honored. Selk never offered to show me anything. And I will gladly give my opinion. Afterall, I'm sure there will be time left to wait for him to return." Her eyes never moved back to look at Kiric though. Holly wasn't exactly feeling very friendly toward him, not yet anyway.

Marsyas

Old 06-13-2011, 05:15 AM

((I know how that feels. I hope everything gets better for ya baby girl... :hug: ))

broadway_princessxo34

Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM

((Thanks. I hope it does to. I just need school to be over. I can't sit in class with them anymore. Only seven more days.))

Esmme

Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 AM

((Eew. I'm sorry. Seven days of torture, I'm sure. :XD Sorry for my own absense . . . I've been dreadfully busy with new work. :sweat:))

Alexa laughed quietly and led her vampire ally toward the main hall. It was once a beautiful place . . . though the stone looked worn and dirty now. Everything looked worn out. It was much like Selk's home, but less noble: large stone doors, huge black hallways, spider engraved walls and ceilings . . . there was a room for everything. Sorceresses and warriors, rogues and assassins: everyone had a place in the Vai'on house, much like it had been for the Toshiba household. The matron didn't have the same stride as Selk: Alexa's was softer and more friendly. She wasn't as feral a drow as the other woman.

((:XD Gotta go!))