~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 11-03-2007, 02:16 AM

His black eyes twinkled in the fire light, her sense of humor was right up his alley. "Oh no. I wouldn't dream of eating the customers, they are way to large for my appetite. Now perhaps if they brought small children with them..." He grinned at his own joke. Even children were too large for him to eat, although his clan had been known to use them in feasts, he preferred trapping rats, bats and birds to make his meals. Spinning deftly on his toes he turned around surveying the tavern, it was spacious and inviting, if only to a certain crowd. And the cobwebs were a nice touch, made it homey.
"I like what you've done here. You wouldn't mind if I wove a seat for me by the door, hanging from the rafters?" Narfin, always asked before he started spinning, especially after that last time when part of it drifted too close to a lit candle.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 02:23 AM

She smirked to that. "You may wanna take it up with the pregnant lady over at the booth then. shes due soon i think." She of course was joking the tone of her voice made that apparent. "Sure go ahead. theres already a hammock up there but if you want to spin your own web feel free. No guarentees the bars will let you keep it after the spells for halloween fade away."

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 PM

River tinkered with the lock for quite some time, twisting his hands different angles, he forced the key in, and turned the knob...but there was nothing happening.

There had to be more to it.

"Darn it, I just wish you would open

Upon saying the words the door creaked open...he looked down at the key. "What good are you? And he tossed the key into his pocket.

He walked into the bedroom, it was cozy, finely decorated, but all he wanted was a bed. There was a single bed, with a hand knitted duvet, he lopped on to it, and fell asleep instantly.

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2007, 02:56 PM

Jayde nodded at Lanya and watched her flip through a thick book. "what book is that?" she asked curiously as a few symbols caught her eye.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 11-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Narfin smirked as he walked off to the large double doors at the entrance. He glanced around the room again, he hadn't noticed the air of magic before, but now some of it made him uneasy about trusting the building. Especially when it came to holding up his webbings. Eying the rafters, he silently dared the building to reject this. A few small spiders crawled out of his hair and began to crawl up the walls to catch the webs he was going to weave.
"What do you mean the bars may not let me keep it up?" he asked Lanya as he tossed some heavy strands of webbing up. His other arms were preoccupied in weaving more strands.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2007, 01:40 AM

"A book of magic. its mostly spells and whatnot. Nothing too harmful." she said absently flipping the page again. she said answering Jayde. before answering Nafin. "If you hadnt noticed the bars alive. magically anyway. it will clean itself as well as fix itself if broken. just seems it doesnt want to let people into rooms. and it may decide your spiderweb seat maybe something to clean up. but i may be able to over ride that with a simple spell." she said turning another page in the spell book.

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM

Jayde watched with interest in the corner of her eye as Narfin spun a web onto the bars on the ceiling; thankful that she was not afraid of spiders.
"Book of Magic?" She looked back at Lanya and the spellbook. Jayde was always interested in Magick and the unusual, but had never actually seen spells done. "Thats wierd..it looks familiar." she mused out loud looking at the pages.

StormRose
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to StormRose

Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 PM

Name: Sandra Serel
Job wanted: Co-owner
Why you think you deserve the job: I have a strong business mind, and I never let it be clouded by emotions or other silly things. I would make a good co owner, because then you don't have to worry about the finer points of running a place. I can deal with the humdrum bore.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2007, 07:44 PM

"well here then, have a look." Lanya said shoving the book toward her. "Alot of the symbols of the book are common images you might see anywhere. thats why its common magic. but then if you can read it you might have some magic in you." Lanya didnt mind handing over the book, there were no spells in there that she considered dangerous.

((And i will think about the co owner thing storm rose.))

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 PM

Jayde felt the book, it wasnt as heavy as she thought. "if I can read it...what do you mean?" looking down at the book it looked like the text was in English, the letters clear and easy to understand.
Jayde looked up and welcomed the newcomer as well, noticing she had turned in an application too.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 11-06-2007, 03:22 AM

Narfin cursed quietly as he wove and tossed webbing, creating a hanging seat from the rafters. "Magic. Pah. Let's see it try..." His spiders wove their own silk in and out of his strands. He nodded at the newcomer as she entered the tavern, better to seem pleasant while looking monstrous than to act as he looked. Besides if she caused trouble he could be at her side in a few leaps.
He turned back to finishing his seat, tested it and fell back comfortably into it. Four arms crossed his chest, the other two held onto the frame of the seat.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 AM

"I mean, cast a spell." Lanya said with a smirk. she flipped back a few pages finding a specific spell. "This one" she said pointing to a page. that would create a rose made out of ice.

"Well that looks rather comfy Narfin"

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 AM

Narfin turned to face his boss. He smiled, careful to not show teeth, "Well with a crowd like this it's better for me to be comfy. Is there a rowdy crowd that comes through?"
He gently tugged at the strands, hoping that the bar's spells didn't reject his webs. A spider crawled out of rafter down the web into his hair.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 AM

"Just me i supose." She said with a smirk. "I really dont know, i havent had this place open long enough to find out.

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanyaD
"I mean, cast a spell." Lanya said with a smirk. she flipped back a few pages finding a specific spell. "This one" she said pointing to a page. that would create a rose made out of ice.
Jayde looked curiously at the page. "how would I cast a spell?"
the idea of being able to do magic, even a simple spell exited her. "My grantmother used to tell stories and did something with the fire to create illusions...I dont know what kind of Magick that was."

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2007, 03:20 AM

"All magic can be broken down into energy. illusion and afinity to fire are two of many." She reached behind her and took out one of the daggers on her hip. the blade was covered in a flickering flame. She placed it tip down into the bartop letting the flames continue to flicker. the dagger didnt so much as scorch the bartop. The flames dying down a bit with her not touching it. "Magic as im sure youve guessed. its under my power. now i cant stop the flame. but just by how close i am i can control how much power goes into the dagger." As if to prove the point she moved her hand over the hilt of the dagger the flames flickering up to engulf her hand but didnt burn her hand either. "I can also make it turn as hot as hell fire and spread if i so choose. Its picking up the energy from my body. i guess you could say we are both like batteries. magic picks up on that energy and turns it from just energy into other things. such as an ice rose." The flames had gone down again to barely fickering. Lanya snapped her fingers with a roll of her hand bringing the palm upward and the stem rose up from her hand creating a rose ready to bloom.

"To try the spell i would suggest concentrating your mind on the act. and saying the words of the spell. either outloud or in your mind like i do. the snapping of the fingers is a catalist to get the spell started. do what ever feels right to you to get it started."

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM

Narfin glanced out of his chair at the two women. He huffed in slight distaste at the idea of magic casting, he wasn't so fond of the art. The flaming dagger was rather impressive though, he would give her that. And the sprouting of the rose was also neat, but he had seen that, and similar, parlor tricks before. They didn't phase him as much as they had in his childhood, especially the ones he had seen during his childhood, these seemed tame. But he still felt uneasy about it.
A few spiders wandered onto the floor and began to explore the place, attempting to weave some small trails behind them which quickly dissipated much to their surprise.

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Jayde looked at the page in the spellbook intently, concentrating on ever word while whispering it under her breath. she held out her hand and tried to pt her energy into it, envisioning a rose blooming in her palm.
after about 10 minuets her hand got really cold and she warmed it up with a candle and laughed slightly. "I guess not...my hand is cold though" she smiled at Lanya and gave her the spellbook back "Thanks"

xXLucky_DuckyXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 AM

Autumn slowly walked down the dark and empty road, not a soul was there to be found. The only sounds were that of the wind blowing against her ears and the occasional sound of something being blown across the ground as though it was nothing. The moon was high up in the sky, the stars sitting around it as though the moon was a king and the stars were its peasants. She sighed softly, her breath visible in the air, her fangs slightly shimmering in the moonlight. Another gust of wind blew by her, sending a shiver up her spin. Her first reaction to that was to take her jacket and pull it closer to her body. She was dressed up quite casually actually, wearing nothing but a pair of blue jeans and a red sweat shirt. To others her attire would look kinda strange, but she didn't care, she was warm and that's all that mattered to her at this point. At this point at night, there was no place open right now. But as she continued down the road, she noticed that there was a certain bar open up, even at this time at night. It didn't surprise her much, but she didn't care. She just wanted somewhere to hang out for a while to keep her warm for that amount of time that she was there. Opening the door slowly, there was a slight blast of music and laughter and people talking. Walking in slowly, her hips swaying from side to side, she removed her jacket, revealing her quite slim body. Walking to the bar, she sat down on one of the tall and skinny chairs, putting her jacket on her lap. With another soft sigh, she looked to the bar tender. "What can I get you mam?" he says to her in a curious voice, cleaning one of the empty cups that he probably had just washed. "Give me the strongest drink you got" she says softly to him, her voice soft but sweet, like melted chocolate. He smirked a bit, doubting that she could actually handle it, but he nodded his head and walked off to prepare her drink. As she sat there, she gazed around the room with her baby blue eyes, pushing a bit of her long black hair out of her face, putting a bit behind her ear. Her hair was unique, it was just so long, going to just a bit above her butt but it was so soft looking and shinny, a a.d.d persons paradise. The man coming back with her drink, he set it down in a plain and simple glass cup. The liquid was a redish color with a few cubes of ice in it. Not even smelling it, knowing that it would have a strong smell to it, she took a quick sip to test it. To her, it wasn't to bad, but a few people looking at her oddly, she could tell that others found it quite strong. She was used to it though, since she had been drinking at about the age of 15, mostly cause her parents just didn't care and she did what she wanted. At this point she was looked as though she was twenty one, and in a sense she was. But about a year ago or so, she was bitten and had pretty much no choice but to be turned into a vampire. Since then, her life as a vampire has been up and down, exspecially cause she was having to learn all this new stuff out on her own, how to feed, subsiding her urges, seducing people, which she had no real problems with it. Taking yet another sip of her drink, she looked back out at the crowd of people.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 AM

Narfin sighed as he settled back into his hammock-like chair. So far the night had been slow, he was sure that the most interesting thing that was seen in this tavern was the way he had vaulted through the window earlier. But that had been hours ago and there hadn't been a change in scenery since. His spiders had returned and were sleeping in the chair and a few had crawled up into his hair.
The door burst open brining in with it a blast of cool autumn air and a beautiful young woman as well. Narfin was glad he has three sets of arms to catch himself because he nearly let his eyes lead his body in following her over to the bar. He forced himself to look away, he was getting soft, his people had trained him better than that. He got back to looking around the room and preparing for any trouble that could come bursting in through the front doors or swing in through a window like he had done. He was feeling the sloth seep into his bones, something he couldn't afford to happen especially with his new job here.
"Boss." He called out as he stood up, long legs reaching the hard ground. "Can I leave post to train for a bit? It won't be much and I can see everything from the ring there."

xXLucky_DuckyXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 05:13 AM

As she sat at the bar, she noticed that someone that probably worked there though he didn't seem to have that much interest in her. With a simple shrug of her shoulders, she just let that thought go, finishing her drink.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 06:03 AM

"Sure thing Narfin. knock yourself out." She said with a smirk. She put her dagger back away in its sheith. looking back at Jayde "Thats a start to magic. If your hand got cold you have potential you just need to practice. I will have to show you other methods of magic incase conjuring isnt your form of magic." closing the book she left it there on the table. walking over to the woman who had entered. "Welcome to the Black Dragon. I do hope you're enjoying yourself."

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 03:34 AM

{Finally an rp that I feel can look up to see how rps work at this site *sighs in relief* It's real hard to find ones that are just less than 10pgs to catch up and have an idea)
The door opens to a male who look just under six feet tall. He wore almost all black except the vest that acted more like a coat due to its length which was about above the ankles, which was a dark red. The under shirt was long sleeved and covered the neck. His hair was a slightly brighter shade of red that was tied back though it reached just past the shoulders. His forest colored eyes seemed to check the place as if looking for a fault,"Hm, seems nicer than the last place I stopped at." He seemed to carry no arms or belongings other than just the clothing he wore.
(It has been a very long time since I've tried to do anything with forum rps so a tiny break would be nice)

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 AM

Jayde smiled politely at the woman just entering the bar before looking back down at her hand. "Thank you Lanya, I would love to learn more" She jumped down from the stool and went to wipe down tables,looking up and smiling at the man just walking in.
"Hello welcome to the Black Dragon."

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM

"Thank you, amusing name for a Tavern," The man acknowledged the greeting as he now seemed to look for a place to sit. When he first looked around he wasn't paying attention to how active the tavern was.