Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 AM

• Tantamount •

Tantamount has a Web Site.

"In both governments there are spies and traitors loyal to their enemy’s cause for one reason or another. This is a time of uncertainty… a time of mistrust."

Tantamount authority has been given to Ivan and Lark Song in hopes of Tantamount being finished.
Their rules are the rules.
Page 150 will have the New Age set up prepared.

•You can post without entering a form, but if you plan on staying, to have a main part you should fill out an entry.
•This is a role play about a war. The main story is in a later post
•Rules are general. Follow the sites rules of role playing, and...
>thoughts, "speech" and some form of representation for OOC
>No killing without acception and notice before hand. Obviously, it must be okay with the one dyeing as well.
>Try and be clear, with good spelling.
>Curse all you like as long as it fits. No bad language at the end of every sentence.

Last edited by Kita; 04-06-2009 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Information

Simatar
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Simatar

Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 AM

The Story
-How It Began-

There had always been tension between the “greater” and “lesser” races, but 12 years ago at the Autumn Festival an attempt was made on the leader of the Greater races, they blamed the Lessers who said they had nothing to do with it. It didn’t take long for all out war to ensue.
Now no one is safe, no one is beyond reticule or oppression, we are all just fighting for our freedom and our lives.

There are several races that are more advanced than both the Greaters and Lessers, but these races have decided to remain neutral and will do no more than occasionally aid the wounded civilians. However there are always rogues…

In both governments there are spies and traitors loyal to their enemy’s cause for one reason or another.

This is a time of uncertainty… a time of mistrust and anger…
Yet as everyone knows this a time both of great risk but also of great opportunity. In the heat of battle pulses race, lives are lost, lovers are made and societies are formed.

Nothing is certain and no one is safe.

Present Day

Ten years have passed since the beginning, when what now appeares to be a simple political misunderstanding caused such a ruckus among the races, the so called Neutrals created a monster, a dark child who grew into a dark man leading the world into chaos and destruction. In order to keep the balance the world created a sister of light, a force to battle his distruction with healing, but when the two faced each and their hands touched, the powers that made them so powerful, and so different collided and they became as you and I. Human. Mortal.

They were shot down moments later, their graves rest in adjacent plots.

Now, the world is plunged into a new kind of age. One of blood shed and fear, The greaters and the lessers battled against eachother, believing that the opposite nation had created the child who now rained death upon them, many races were all but completely wiped out. Some became extinct, such as the Vampires. Some are trying to rebuild, others are seeking revenge, and still more are simply cast adrift.

The Neutrals are openly blamed and persecuted for their part in the wars, and any found in Lesser or Greater territory are killed, or captured. most often killed. Thusly, the Nuetrals are the ones who suffered the greatest loss of blood and those races that were not completely extinguished are on the brink of extinction. They have been scattered across the continents, either as nomades or they attempt to disguise themselves as other races, which if they are caught doing so, they are tortured then exicuted.

This is the world after what very nearly was the end... This is the fight for Tantamount!

Setting

The general technology is comprable to our own. There are areas the hit both end of the spectrum however, where it gets a bit more than what we have now and a bit less. So keep it reasonable with everything. No spaceships, no transporter, no ray guns. lol
However, Magic is avalable so keep that in mind too.

So thats pretty much it folks.

Last edited by Simatar; 04-06-2009 at 12:34 AM..

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2008, 01:17 AM

• The People •

Anyone can be neutral and neutral races can be anything. Greaters can side with Lessers and Lessers can side with Greaters, however this does not mean you will be trusted. Race alsways puts you into a catagory however you are free to believe one is right.

Tantamount RPC's who where alive and can be used in the new age:
Kita's Lland
Simatar's Craven
Morwyn's Niniel, Emi, and Asia
Lt.Summers's Odette
Flower Of the Battlefield's surviving characters
Pkero's Arc
Yunimori's Yuni
Silver Wing's Night and Levi

Purple: These are second characters to a user. They will be differentiated by either font style or color.
Gray: Dead, or inactive to the point of being unused.
Coral: Absent, without notice, or being held back by an absent character. Only if user them self has been off the whole time.

Last edited by Kita; 04-06-2009 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Addition

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2008, 01:58 AM

Entry Form

This is the entry form you can fill out if you intend to a regular here.
The greyed out races, are no longer available due to genicide. They're all gone. (((Unless you are from the first version of Tantamount, you're character can have survived to the present, no new characters of these dead races just because you were here.)))

***Note that all races will have a Humanoid form Example: Dragon and Phoenix.
'Greater' Races
  • Sorcerer/Sorceress (human)
  • Vampire
  • Fairy
  • Phoenix
  • Gryphon

Nutral Races
  • Dwarf
  • Harpy
  • Water Folk
  • Dryad
  • Preist (can be any race, but because of ability is respected)-- Occupation no longer affects rank, your race is where you stand.
  • Alchamist (same as priest in regards to race)

'Lesser' Races
  • Elf
  • Werewolf
  • Shapeshifter
  • Human
  • Dragon

Username:
RPC Name:
Race:
Occupation/Military Rank:
Appearence:(you can use pics, but written descriptions are prefered)
Weapon(s):
Abilities, powers, talents:
Pets: (optional, but please don't be to crazy with this. Keep it reasonable.)
Bio:

Last edited by Simatar; 04-06-2009 at 01:07 AM..

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2008, 03:47 AM

• Events •

During roleplays, its hard to keep track sometimes. Here are the different situations, places, and logs to what has happened.
At this point in the role play, there are two different situations.

This begins on the Greater territory of Mortriidar, in the city of Menel.
¶Currently In Centre-Mina.
•The Vampire Allene is introduced.(page 1)
•The Harpy Lland is introduced.(page 1)
•It becomes clear Lland sides with greaters.
•The Human Kirin is introduced. (page 2)
•Kirin shows his sway for Allene.
•The Elf Niniel is introduced.(page 7)
•Kirin is turned. He is now a vampire.(page 9)
•The Dragon Faul is introduced.(p.13)
•The Shapeshifter Niel is introduced.(p.14)
•The Vampire Leviathan is intoduced.(p14)
•Allene Kills Levi’s guardian dragon spirit. (pg 22)
•Levi reveals his soul is melded with a dragon’s (pgs 25, 26.)
•The fairy Emi is introduced. (pg 27)
•Allene reveals loyalty to Lessers to Kirin. (pg 29)
•Kirin declares his love for Allene (pg 32)
•Allene, Kirin, and Levi leave Menel for Centre-Mina (pg 39)
•Odette the shapeshifter introduced (pg 39)
•Allene, Kirin, Levi, and Odette arrive in Centre-Mina (pg 40)
•Niel reveals his abilities as a shapeshifter to Faul(p. 56)
•Niel and Faul die. (no reference)
•A good amount of Information On Odette, Emi, And Levi can be found on (pages 40-48)
•Odette is willing to give up job for Levi, and her Loyalties are shown to Levi and Allene. (p.47-49)
•The Shapeshifter Night is introduced... technically. (p. 51)
•Allene's heart beat (p. 52)
•Lland returns (P. 52)
•The Elf Yuni is introduced
•The Phoenix Ball (P.50-63)
•Explosion at the Phoenix Ball(P. 63)
•Jailing of Four (p. 74)

≈The New Age≈
•The New Age begins.(p. 149)

Last edited by Kita; 04-06-2009 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: Adding information

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 AM

Allene walked almost silently on the cement sidewalk of town. She was on vacation, at least for the time being. The cool night air felt wonderful against her skin, she could smell so much tonight. The rank remains of meals past sitting in the garbage cans along side the road, chimney smoke from a nearby fireplace, somewhere in the distance someone was putting out their barbeeque, and then something else met her nose. She inhaled deeply, it was tangy and metalic at the same time and then her eyes flashed silver. Blood. Never a good sign. She closed her eyes and sighed. Then she continued on her way, wondering the night streets.

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 AM

The chilly air had gotten even colder, as the sun had sank behind other solid forms and hidden the warm light. Somewhere, the opposite was happening, and cheerful sunlight was spilling into rooms. But none of that was on Lland's mind... The problem was for once not the cold, but instead a vampire. She was not one who Lland had seen before, and Lland had seen many things. Silently she followed the woman, noting her appearance to be of a higher place than this rural town.

Last edited by Kita; 06-17-2008 at 05:21 AM..

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 AM

Noting a strange presence, Allene stopped and smiled. "I know you're there. I've smelled you for the last two blocks. Nice perfume by the way." She walked to a near by bench and sat down. "Care to join me?"

Last edited by Simatar; 06-17-2008 at 04:54 AM..

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 AM

Lland was quite surprised. Hardly anyone noticed her. Perhaps she just needed to practice more... She leapt out of the tree, landing hard and awkwardly on the bench. "I assume you are talking to me... What is one such as yourself doing in such a useless place?" She asked, glancing at her apparel once again.

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 AM

smiling a little Allene looked the woman over. She was a Harpy, it had been a while since she'd seen one of them. "I'm on Vacation right now. And well, being useless is a nice change." She smiled warmly and put out a hand. "I'm Allene O'Connell."

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 AM

Lland frowned at Allene and leaned on her hands, not returning the expected gesture. "Being useless is a waste of a good worker" she said "not a 'nice change'. Where are you from, Vampire?" She harshly questioned, staring intimidatingly at the woman beside her. In the distance people were chatting and preparing to sleep. Above the moon was glowing and faint stars had begun to shimmer into brighter glows.

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 AM

Allene pulled back her hand and sat back on the bench. "When the work you do is useless to start with, I guess it doesn't really matter." Looking up at the heavens that now began to show small dots of light around a silver sphere. "Well, I grew up in the capital. Then I moved around." She looked at the woman again and smiled showing pearly white fangs. "So, might I ask your name and where it is you hale from?" She slipped a hand inside her coat pocket and withdrew two sticks of gum, one she unwrapped and popped into her own mouth. The other she held out to the woman.

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-19-2008, 01:47 AM

"Gum was only created so the receiver would bite his tung" Lland stated, a way of turning down the gum. Clean, sharp teeth... This one must be strong... Lland stood, the light of the moon causing her to be outlined in a glow, shading her face. "I come from Clemade, the Harpies Rock." She reported. "Living there I have seen many of your groups pass, off to war with the Lessers..." She made like she was going to say something els, but the sentence dragged to an end with some mumbling.

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 AM

Shrugging a little Allene put the gum back in her pocket. " Suit yourself."She stood in response to the Harpy's own standing. An almost hostile gesture, which Allene didn't like. Though the woman had been barely civil the entire time. "Ah, it must have been nice growing up in a place where you waged no war... " Pausing, Allene smiled again. "And you still haven't told me your name." Then something caught her attention. It was far off, but Allene could smell it. Again blood was carried in the breeze, but this was fresh... Very fresh. She closed her eyes, as though caught in deep thought, an attempt to hide her no doubt glowing eyes. She continued on trying not to allow her hunger to show, she hadn't eaten tonight and she was beginning to feel the effect. "Do you always avoid telling you name to people? Or is it me in particular you don't want to know it?"

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2008, 08:14 AM

"There will always be war... anywhere, throughout the lives of us, only with the amount of time witch we do not fight to be 'normal'.... It is better learning the true ways to fight and protect yourself when young, rather than living a peaceful life to die before you even see life." Lland ranted. "My name is Lland. It will do you no good to remember it, as it has done nothing positive of you to ask or me to answer" She lifted her head toward the sky. "I haven't met one like you for some time...."

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2008, 08:35 AM

The Allene smiled a little. How strange it was to meet this Harpy it was not like most of the neutrals thought the war was pointless and rediculous. This one however seemed to have a taste for blood. She wondered what had caused her to be so bitter. She shrugged the thought away. "What do you mean one like me? A vampire?" She asked, a hint of blood still lingering in the air causing her to salivate and all her muscles to tighten. She was very hungry tonight for some reason, she should find some place to get a pint. "Would you care to get something to eat? My treat, I'm beginning to get a little edgy. I need to feed soon." She looked at the woman, allowing her eyes to show silver, and she wondered if this offer as all others of kindness this night would be refused as well.

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 AM

"Your attitude is appalling." She answered simply. "and while I would generally chose not be be seen near one such as yourself, I myself am hungry as well... So I guess Im going to have to accept your offer... so long as your careful" she stated, eyeing her. "There isn't much too do here anyway, so this may just add a little interest to the night." And she smiled. But it was not a smile of happiness or kindness, it was one of a darker interest.

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2008, 08:55 AM

She arched a single eyebrow. "oh?" she chose her words carefully, it was not a good thing to be thought a traitor especially in these times. "Because I do not enjoy watching my people die I am appaling." She shrugged, casually dismissing the subject. "Well Lland, I think the best place to eat around here is just a few blocks away. Serves good blood and good meat, so I believe both our needs will be met." She turned, spitting out the chewed gum and putting her hands in her pockets and began to lead the way towards the little Cafe. The night air was cool and refreshing and the scent of blood was nearly gone, though over head the sky seemed to be getting cloudy and as she sniffed the air once more she wondered if it might rain. Noticing that Lland had not begun to follow Allene, turned her head and called. "Its going to rain, you comin'?" Allene turned and smiled back at Lland. "I swear I won't bite." She laughed at her unintentional pun. "I promise, this place may be a bit small but it serves the best, most rare and tender meat I have ever tastes. Plus, they have an amazing selection of blood and recipes, which I'm not sure I fully understand, for preparing it." She raised her raised her hand with all her finger tips touching and kissed them making a flurishing gesture. "Absolutely suculent."

Last edited by Simatar; 06-22-2008 at 09:26 AM..

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Lland was surprised when she had said that. Though there really was nothing to be surprised about, though the gesture was oddly miss fitting in her eyes, that was when it hit her Lland was about to do something social. With a friendly, non-violent, pansy. "Right." she said, and took a few steps forward. Then she herself looked up to the sky and began to complain to herself. As they walked the few blocks to arrive at their destination, Lland noticed the quiet of the area, and watched lights far off blink out. The day had fallen.

Last edited by Kita; 06-22-2008 at 09:43 AM..

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2008, 10:11 AM

Allene walked into the cafe not bothering to hold the door open for Lland. It was warmer in here though it was only dimly lit, which suited her fine. She looked around and took a seat at a table near the back of the room. She slipped out of her long leather coat and smiled as a waiter came to place menus on the table. Outside, droplets of rain began to tick off the windows. Looking around the room She noticed that she was not the only one to be here tonight, several other a vampire and a dwarf sat talking at the opposit wall while a several fairies conversed over strange smelling green dishes of something that looked almost slimmy. Lland entered the cafe and Allene waved her over.

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 AM

Lland almost wanted to hide. The place was full of possibly respectable people and there sat Allene, waving at her like they were friends. Was she trying to annoy her? Slipping into her chair she had a few raindrops on her. She hated the rain, and only preferred to get wet on her own choice- never. Lland flipped open the menu with an annoyed look on her face, but all was to hastily done, and the menu flew out of her hands and under the table. Slightly embarrassed, she called over a waiter. "It appears as If you had missed me in passing out a menu" She stated, looking up at him from her seat like the servant he was to her until his shift ended. "So go bring me one!" Lland ordered, and glanced over to Allene.

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2008, 10:38 AM

Allene smiled and suppressed the urge to chuckle. She was managing to annoy Lland without even trying. Seeing the menu fly Allene lowered he eyes to her own menu and pretended not to notice. As the waiter came back with a new menu for Lland, Allene smiled up at him and gave her order of a spicy concotion of blood and sliver of chocolate cake. Then after Lland had given her order as well, Allene turned to her and tried to strike up some conversation. "You know, I've been trying to figure out why someone like you would come to a town like this all evening, and I've come up blank. You wanna enlighten me?"

Last edited by Simatar; 06-22-2008 at 10:47 AM..

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 AM

The fresh food and slice of cake had just arrived and Lland waited till the man had left to reply. "In Clemade it was to quite, and only watching as people left to see new things bothered me. Though it is considered a neutral spot it is in reality influenced much by the Greaters who rest there and head off to war. Information arrived the day I was leaving that something may be happening here, so I told them I would check for them. But as you can see... This is just a useless pile of garbage." She ended her explanation by ripping into a large chunk of meat, waiting for Allene's reply.

Simatar
*^_^*

Old 06-22-2008, 11:17 AM

pouring from her pitcher of blood she nodded. Then after taking a sip, she said. "So you side with the Greaters I take it?" She took a bite of her cake chewed and swallowed. "Somehow that doesn't surprise me, our side has always been the bloodier. Lessers try to use more ... covert tactics. Though it doesn't seem to help them any, they are still losing or so it appears. Though I guess nothing is certain in war." She Turned her attention to her cake and began to realize she might just have to order some meat after this. Llands food smelled awfully good. "So, are you inlisted in the military?" Allene asked slightly curious if she might be talking to an officer of some sort.

Kita
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2008, 11:26 AM

"Never would I bind myself to people so I may get cut for them!" Lland rasped through the food she had been trying to swallow. "I only do what seems fitting to me. As for the siding you are correct; but I am certain the Lessers are not winning this war..." she looked thoughtfully at the opposite corner of the table. "Are you with the military?"