ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 11-01-2010, 05:42 PM

I know it's winter now for most of us, but close your eyes for a minute and imagine a beautiful forest clearing on a warm, sunny day. Forget all your troubles for a little while and relax here, be yourself and forget all your prejudices.

It's not Halloween themed, I know, but I've been talking with my friend today about the stupidity of people in the world and I wanted somewhere where I could feel relaxed and forget about all that for a bit (and I've been procrastinating work all day, haha.) Finally, I guess I prefer making my own event threads than joining other people's.
You're welcome to talk about anything in here, really, as long as you do it with an open mind and don't upset anyone (at least not intentionally). :)

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM

I like your thinking. It's freezing here, but that thought totally warmed me up. Thank you. :)

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 05:45 PM

Aw I'm glad it did! I used to have a hangout ages ago called the Forest Clearing, I had these lovely pictures of beautiful forests.. maybe I can find them again and recycle them?
How are you doing today anyway? :)

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM

I'm good. Relaxing between my classes. It's midterm week and so hectic, so taking a break is nice. Lol. How about yourself?

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Ah, I see. Uni is pretty hectic for me as well, I'm doing my dissertation and I got up really early today so I could spend today reading.. then I got home, realised how much of a mess my room is and just immediately gave up, haha. Been spending today procrastinating, mostly on Mene.. I really like the events, so they always manage to distract me. >.<

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM

I know what that's like. I had an exam today and didn't study because I had a crazy fun weekend and then I was distracted by Mene. Haha. Oh well. I always say I deserved the grade I get for not studying, because I never have.

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 PM

Ahh I had an amazing weekend as well.. think I'm feeling lazy today because I'm just still a bit tired mentally after all that! What did you get up to then? Halloween parties?
And I always say that as well, about the grades. I want to get good grades for my final year though, since my last two I've just had very mediocre grades, and the last year is the one that really really counts toward your degree. So I'm trying to work harder this year.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 PM

Haha. Actually, my weekend was unrelated to Halloween. I went to a concert with my dad, then to the movies with my best friend, lunch with my best friend and sisters, and then bowling with my boyfriend, his dad, and my dad. It was a good time. I'm kinda sad to be back in school. Lol. What was your weekend like?

I don't do horrible in my classes, I don't think. It's been kinda difficult for me to make my morning classes, though, which I really hope won't hurt my grades in them...I've missed quite a few classes. But the grades I get in them aren't horrible, not spectacular, either. Lol. But I try. I'm a little ole freshmen, though.

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Oh okay, sounds like a good quiet weekend. :) Mine was a bit more.. wild. Went to a fetish club party on Friday with my partner, never been to one before so was pretty amazing. Then I went to a Halloween party at the pub I live above on Saturday and afterward went to a massive, crazy rave party that was actually just down the street! It was pretty funny seeing my landlord acting crazy at a rave.. I love my new place. :D

Hehe, I'm not a morning person either, at all. Though my partner always gets up super duper early to get to work, so if I'm staying with him on a work night, I might get up early too, he usually wakes me up before he leaves to say goodbye. Sometimes I just go back to sleep though.. his bed is so comfy! Doesn't help at all.. But at least I only have classes on two days a week, so it's not too bad, and they don't start till ten either. I've got about 45 mins train ride to get there, but still, not bad at all. :) Which reminds me though, there is a tube strike planned for tomorrow.. shouldn't affect my journey, but I should probably check and make sure. Bloody tube strikes...

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-01-2010, 06:39 PM

It was a good quiet weekend. I enjoyed it. ^.^ Yours sounds like a crazy good time. Lol. I've never really been to a party like that before, so it would've been interesting to see! XD

I wish I could stay with my boyfriend. He's bed is SO comfortable! I fall asleep nearly every time I'm at his house. :3
But I'm on campus, my home is 2 1/2 hours away. So I don't have a long commute in the morning, but my classes start at like 8 and 9. If only they started at 10, I wouldn't have a waking up issue. -.-

I've never seen a strike before...what are they like?

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm cold. I'm bored. I feel fat. Amuse me. : )

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM

Neller, it was definitely good.. though spent all day yesterday recovering from it. Luckily, I have an amazing boyfriend who is willing to take care of me even when I'm absolutely trashed. >.<

A strike? Well.. this one means hardly any of the tubes will be running, which means London's buses will be hell tomorrow and Wednesday.. I dunno if they're marching or if they're just not going to work, just as effective though since the city kinda goes to a standstill without them...

*Does the truffle shuffle for Eastriel*
8D

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:15 PM

:'D <3

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 PM

So what's up, Eastriel? Do anything fun over the weekend?

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 PM

Cool avie, pat. hows it going?

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 PM

Hey Thoth, long time no talk, and thanks.. been trying to change it, I think this is the best I can do for now. Might change it later, I don't know.. wanted to use some bright colours for a change. :) I'm doing really good, everything is going pretty well and I'm super happy. So can't complain! What about you?

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm glad to here it. Things are going Ok with me... I just got a new job, but I kinda hate my manager, so I'm going to purposely get fired and get back on unemployment. hahaha. Halloween was alright, but most of the good parties were killed by police officers and all the clubs had HUGE lines that I didn't want to wait in... so overall, not that fun. Oh well.

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 09:09 PM

Ahh I'm sorry to hear you're not liking your new job, and about the coppers.. I went to two amazing parties this weekend and neither got shut down.. or not to my knowledge at least, I did leave while there were still some people partying, but the first one was in a club so they had license and the other one I left just after 9 in the morning and it was still fine, so I'm guessing it stayed that way till the rest of the people left.
Did you dress up though?

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Thats good, I went to a pretty good party on saturday... yah, parties at clubs can be really fun. I'm amazed that one party kept going until 9am, usually people are dead tired by than. Yes, I dressed up in a purple kimono, with butterfly wings... I was like a fairy, I guess. What about you?

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM

Sounds cool. It's been really long since I've been to a party at a club since I usually go to raves, so usually it's in some abandoned building somewhere.. which has its pros and cons. Going to a club was a nice change, and it was a fetish party as well, so it was really interesting.
Raves usually go on till Sunday afternoon.. there were a couple of parties this weekend that were supposed to go on till tomorrow, I think one of them got raided at 7am the morning after though, don't know about the other one.. might still be going, who knows!
I don't know what I was, haha.. perhaps a demon or an imp or something.. I had a black, white and red Native American feather headdress, wore a red sort of jester shirt, shorts and red docs. Had some weird make-up on as well, and black contacts, which looked kinda freaky but I doubt anyone noticed them at the party since it was pretty dark. P:

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Honestly, I prefer raves to clubs... especially, underground raves in warehouses that are decked-out.
That would have cool to go to a halloween-themed rave, but I couldn't find one...Haha fetish-party, that sounds awesome.
Cops need to stop raiding halloween parties, its against our constitutional rights! or at least, it should be.
so you were like a colorful native american? that sounds like a cool costume.

Divacita
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 PM

They don't have many RAves where I am. I guess everyones tired of them now. They used to have alot back in the 90's. I went to many of them then. Ah , the curse of age. xP

@Thoth: I love the TP in your hand BTW. Where did you get it?

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 PM

Yeah I prefer raves as well.. it's really nice having cool air all the time, clubs are never able to do that, and the crowd is just generally so much better. At clubs, people are usually so fake.. you know?
And the party was supposed to be a Halloween party but it wasn't actually decorated specially for Halloween.. it had a couple of rooms that were decked out pretty great for a rave, but nothing Halloween themed, and the other rooms were sort of blah as to decorations.
Why did the cops raid those parties anyway? Were the illegal ones?

Hey Diva! London is still very active with raves, thankfully, though I bet they were much better back in the 90s.. I was too young then (and anyway, they didn't have anything where I lived) but I remember seeing these TV shows about kids sneaking to a rave and even then (I must've been around ten or so) I felt really jealous.. ever since seeing those shows I've always wanted to go to one and early this year I finally did! Felt amazing.. apart from the part where I broke my ankle and had to sit on the cold factory floor all night, watching everyone else dance and have fun. e_______e
It was cool though, I was so overwhelmed by the experience, haha! Soon as I got better I went to more of them and I just love them now.

And the TP is part of one of the event rares. :)

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Hey Diva, its in the Rare shop... its in the blue goodie bag. ^^

I get what you mean, Pat... and at clubs people are usually drunk, while at raves they're either high or sober...
And yeah, different atmosphere. In san fran, "club people" tend to be snobs that won't give you the time of day, but people at raves are willing to meet new people and have interesting convos. I honestly don't know, I think there was noise complaints. Cops just love raiding parties cuz they're dicks.

ljosberinn

Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 PM

Yeah.. drunk people tend to be more aggressive and more stupid than people on drugs. In general.. of course some people can be really annoying on drugs, but I usually find drunk people much more annoying.
Did you hear about this new research led by David Nutt, former UK chief drug adviser? They did an independent research on the harmfulness of a variety of drugs, both on the user and on others/society. When both factors are put together, alcohol is at the top of the list, way above heroin, crack and crystal meth (the next three). Then there's cocaine, then tobacco. Here's the article. I'd like to know more details about what factors they considered for it, and they researched it assuming no other drugs were being mixed with the drug, which is often the case, especially with things like ecstasy (which is almost at the bottom of the list, not surprisingly, with LSD and mushrooms..), but the results don't surprise me much. And they also took into consideration how there are so many people in the world dependent on alcohol because it's so popular, when really, it is a drug just like the other things. I don't get how cannabis, ecstacy, LSD and mushrooms are considered serious dangers when alcohol and tobacco are sold in every corner shop. :/

Sorry, went on a bit of a tangent there..