fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 01-19-2009, 03:08 AM

I loved Whisper of the Heart. Pretty much the whole movie was a pile of "aawwww" and sweet fuzziness.

I do think that Laputa: Castle in the Sky is my favorite by him though.

EbonySquirrel
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-20-2009, 02:59 AM

To me, Miyazaki is like Pixar: there's nothing either created that I could ever say was 'bad' or that I 'disliked', although I definitely will have my favorites. :3

My first ever introduction to it was when I spent the night over at a friend's house back in elementary school. The next morning, we watched My Neighbor Totoro... and I was completely enchanted! I thought it was a fantastic movie! Although something seemed different about it in a way I just couldn't put my finger on.

I didn't find out until years later what 'japanimation' was.

Since then I've seen most of his films, although Nausicca of the Valley of Wind is one of the few exceptions I hope to rectify. Actually... *goes to add it to her Netflix list* While Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle were beautiful films and quite a lot of fun, there was just enough to confuse me as well, so they're a little lower on my list of faves. I adore Castle in the Sky and Princess Monoke. Grave of the Fireflies gets it's own class. It's a breathtaking film, but it's so very, very sad. I respect it and think it was amazing, but it still made me cry like a baby, so I can't say I love it either. :(

Mindless Games
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Mindless Games

Old 02-01-2009, 02:59 AM

his films are so good.
I love sprited away and Princess monoke

Rumpus Ruu
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-01-2009, 02:40 PM

I love Miyazaki <3

The first work of his I saw was Kiki's Delivery Service then it was Princess Mononoke. Then it went to Spirited Away and then Howl's Moving Castle. I've always loved his direction in movies. They always have so many hidden messages that always make me try to find them all. It's just an over all life experience in one film for me when I watch his films.

I heard they had a Miyakaki museum. Is that true? Because when I visit Japan that'll be the first thing I visit!

Sher
*^_^*

Old 02-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Ooh I love his work!
I only watched Spirited Away & Howl's Moving Castle though.. >o<
But they were really touching <3
I'm planning to watch more miyazaki movies hihi~

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 AM

My neighbor Totoro is my favorite, it cheers me up when I'm feeling down. Spirited away is a close second.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 PM

I have only seen Miyazaki's "Spirited Away," although I have heard that all of them are pretty good.

cuddlyemokitten
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to cuddlyemokitten Send a message via MSN to cuddlyemokitten

Old 02-21-2009, 01:49 AM

I LOVE his films!
Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my faves.
But I also loved Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service. 8D
I just couldn't get enough of Howl's Moving Castle when I got the DVD. I wanted to watch it all the time, 24/7.

Red Panda
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 PM

What's your favorite movie by Miyazaki? Mines Howls Moving Castle. It's a movie about a hot sorcerer and a girl who was cursed so now she is a old lady. :) it is really cute.

Haguruma
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Haguruma Send a message via MSN to Haguruma

Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm a fan of Spirited Away. It's a long, very good story with a unique plot-line. :3 My Mom even likes it, and she's not a fan of anime. No-Face FTW! >x]

Red Panda
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 AM

I love spirited away!!!! my mom doesn't watch anime so i don't know if she likes it.

Little Miss
Queen of all things Yellow

Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM

I LOVE HAL'S MOVING CASTLE! It's one of my favorite movies. I saw Spirited Away when i was well...alot younger and spazzier so i got nightmares from that movie (but it's still really good)

13th
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Chihiro and... oh wait, what is it you call it in America? Well, here it's called "Chihiro and the witches" ^^'
I like it because it's a whole other kind of story, and you don't just get all the answers. It's like a dreamworld. And I also like all the different creatures, and that it's made like all those creatures just are natural beings :3

- oh yes, it was "Spirited away" X3

Fixed With Duct Tape
Anime Addict
Send a message via AIM to Fixed With Duct Tape

Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 PM

I love Howl's Moving Castle. I've seen all of his films, but one I believe. The first one I saw by him though was Spirited Away.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM

There is actually a thread for Miyazaki in the Manga/Anime forum here:
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-miyazaki.html

I'm going to merge this thread with that one and you can continue chatting there. :D Thanks!

[x] random llama [x]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-03-2009, 11:53 PM

While i absolutely adore some Miyazaki films, others i just can't bring myself to watch.
The first i ever saw was Spirited Away. I had been home sick from school one morning and i saw a review on TV about it. After seeing this review, i decided i really wanted to see it. It took me a year to finally remember it, when i passed it in a store and bought it. Fantastic film, great characters. It's probably one of the first anime films i ever watched and helped me really get into anime.
Then i bought Laputa. I don't know whether or not i like this one. In some aspects it's nice, but others are very Meh. I loved the old pirate lady. She was hilarious. A very strong character. But..The bad guys weren't really all that great.
I then saw Howls Moving Castle in cinemas. It was absolutely fantastic. I loved Calcifer in this one. He was a wonderful character and had so much personality. The scenery in this one was lovely. So i guess this is still currently my favorite Miyazaki movie.
I saw Whispers of the heart. Which was a lovely film. Very nice romance, great lead character. After watching this and loving The Baron, I also went and watched The Cat returns. While I'm not really a fan of furries, i loved this one simply for the Baron. He was such a wonderful character.
I've also seen Princess Mononokeand Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind at some point..But they didn't really stick with me. Also Kiki's delivery service.
I really want to see My 'Neighbour Totoro' and...Oooh..I don't know the name of it...The one with the cat thats also a bus. I saw a short film about that when i visited the Ghibli museum in Japan. It was absolutely adorable!
There are some films of Miyazakis that i don't really want to watch. Such as Porco Rosso and Pom Poco. I think those are the titles. Animal main characters don't really interest me, and the storyline for both of these doesn't sound all that appealing.
I love Miyazaki. He's a genius. I hope to see many more great films from him. ;)
(Yeah...I'm done posting now..>.>)

Last edited by [x] random llama [x]; 08-04-2009 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Too many 'enter' hits. XD

Bumblebee
Formerly known as Robin-chan

Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM

The first Miyazaki film I ever saw was Kiki's Delivery Service. I used to rent that movie all the time. I need to watch it again, it's been so long since I've seen it.

I really love Spirited Away, too. Chihiro is adorable, and her relationship with Haku is so cute. No-Face also turns into a kind of cute character.

Missy Rin
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 PM

I love Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service. I would really love to see more of Miyazaki's films because I really do love all the ones I have seen!

Paper Face Parade
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-30-2009, 10:35 PM

I really enjoy watching Miyazaki's films, but I never heard of The Cat Returns. Well, I guess I'm not that big of a fan then, haha. Well, I'm not obsessive. :roll:

My first film I saw was Spirited Away (I still look for it on Cartoon Network because I don't have the DVD ='[ ), and I really have nothing bad to say about any of his films. THey are all so great, though I was really disappointed in Howl's Moving Castle. I really have a "love hate" relationship with that movie. I love it to death yes, could watch it over and over, but I would suggest the book over the movie.

Akutenshi Uke
The Weird Otaku Girl
Send a message via MSN to Akutenshi Uke

Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 AM

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are definitely my two favorites, no doubt. But I love all he has done so far ^^ He is really great

Nanenna
Saucy Wench

Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Who's seen Ponyo? I saw it in theatres last week but I had also watched a pirated version when it came out in theatres in Japan. >.> Disney did a great job dubbing it again and they even had Betty White as one of the little old ladies, it was so cute! Well... until the end song, this is the first time I've ever seen Disney do something so horrible to Miyazaki's wonderful music. TT__TT

I also love Kiki's Delivery Service, Whispers of the Heart, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and The Cat Returns. I do like Nausicaa and Mononoke Hime but I feel like I'm being beaten with Miyazaki's environmentalist views. And My Neighbor Totoro is cute but it's not as much my favorite as the others. ^^

Hearts Grow
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Hearts Grow

Old 09-03-2009, 02:29 PM

Howls Moving Castle I love it for the plot how the guy and girl fall in love
Ponyo cause it too omg KAWAII
Spirited Away just cause its Wicked to watch

Vanessa Hatake
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Princess Mononoke. Howls moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away... *ponders* i think... That's it.

Readera
*^_^*

Old 09-12-2009, 01:36 PM

I really like Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service. Then again they are the only ones I've seen. Both concepts are really interesting and really well deatailled.

Little Miss
Queen of all things Yellow

Old 09-14-2009, 12:28 AM

The weirdest thing happened today. I got up, and sat on my bed, and then some tune came into my head. I have no idea what it was, but it was catchy. Trying to think of what it was, it drove me crazy. Then, it came to me. It was the theme song of My Neighbor Totoro! I miss that movie...

- Totoro
- Kiki's delivery service
- Hal's Moving castle
- Spirited Away
- (New movie) Ponyo

Did any of you guys ever see those when you were younger? Or see them now? I remember Spirited Away gave me nightmares...