Dark_Maiden_Queen
All hail the queen

Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM

I will be doing art for a baby shower. My sisters having a giraffe yankkee theme for the baby im having a issue with the head shaping

Its going to be a painting. Im on my stage 1 on my project design it then practice until i get the supplies

Last edited by Dark_Maiden_Queen; 07-12-2012 at 04:20 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 PM

It might be hard to see because it's sideways, but I think it looks fine, overall. Depends on what you're going for. Did you have a specific issue? Since it's for a baby shower, and based on this design, I'm assuming it will be more "cartoony" so you won't have to worry too much about anatomy being spot on.
The muzzle and spots on the head could be reworked, I think. The muzzle, right now, kind of looks like a pair of big lips (that shape). Also, while the majority of the head appears to be facing left a bit, the muzzle seems like it's directly facing the viewer. So adjusting nostril and muzzle shape and keeping in the mind the direction of it compared to the rest would help with that.
The spots on the face seem too frequent, prominent, and patterned. Having spots on the face isn't uncommon for giraffes; so I think that's fine, they just need to be smaller and/or lesser of them. The way they're appearing now (kind of side by side) somewhat gives the appearance of scales.
Hopefully, this doesn't come across as too harsh! I think this is a lovely piece overall and can't wait to see it in its painted glory.

Dark_Maiden_Queen
All hail the queen

Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Yeah i have issues with the mouth part mostly. Its just either a dino shape or a donkey. Ive compared them with real giraffe pictures. Aka my sister feeding a giraffe. The spots i can make them smaller ill just have to look at a picture of one in order to see the body size issues

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 PM

I've redlined it for you in case it helps. Difficult indeed!

So something along this shape/direction/etc... However you get it to work for you.

Dark_Maiden_Queen
All hail the queen

Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 PM

Thanks thats a big help :)

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 PM

You're welcome. Good luck on it! Be sure to show us progression pieces.

Dark_Maiden_Queen
All hail the queen

Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Will do. Imcurrently broke but ill get the stuff for it soon i hope i have 16 days till the shower deadlines seem to hurry me up faster.