Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM

What's the best art college in your opinion? Why? Top 3?
Did you go to an art college?

Now, which college has the best art program in your opinion? Why? Top 3? And did you go to that college? :3

sam-deanwinchester
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM

It's whatever you pick is the best one because everyone has different likes of schools. One could like sherdian and another dislike. I have heard sherdian is a very good art school. I graduate online on ICS Canada(community college) for art and i thought it was pretty good but you won't have someone there to help you at the moment. To get help you have to message the teacher and wait a day or two for a reply. ICS is cheap switch is good.

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 PM

Depends on what area you're in, and what you want to study. Most big universities have decent art programs because, well, they have money throw around. Small universities have either no art program, and if they do, it's generally pretty dang sub-par (I speak from experience...) because other departments generally get much more attention.

If you're into the figure and more realistic art, the New York Academy of Figurative Art is great, IF you can get in. Not a cake walk in the slightest.

Kiba_Ryuun
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 PM

It truly depends on what you're going after, as there are different professions in art. I've been in Canada's Sheridan College and I know that their animation department is lauded for being one of the few schools that Pixar and Dreamworks go to hire fresh blood ^^ I've heard mixed review about OCADU, but that's the place to go to for if you're the Museum!Art type. It really depends on what kind of college setting you want as well. Some have more personal teacher-student interaction due to having smaller class sizes, and then there are those with very well known professors that speak to hundreds of students at a time.

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 PM

lol, I'm at OCADU and it's... meh. There are definitely its ups and downs. but yeah, since they're a university now, they drill into you to make you focus on concept, concept, concept.
It's fairly close to where I live so it's at least convenient.
& I'm in the jewellery/metalsmithing department so I don't really know that much about what goes on in the other majors/departments.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM

Before I changed majors, I went to the Academy of Art University for Illustration. I had heard mixed reviews about the school, but my experience with them was good. I took my classes online and really liked the way they had their online schooling structured. If it wasn't for the cost, I'd still be attending there, but unfortunately~

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Before I changed majors, I went to the Academy of Art University for Illustration. I had heard mixed reviews about the school, but my experience with them was good. I took my classes online and really liked the way they had their online schooling structured. If it wasn't for the cost, I'd still be attending there, but unfortunately~
Ah, no way! I'm attending AAU for Game Design but I'm in the dorms and all that hoorah.

AAU (last time I checked) had a 46% success rate but 100% acceptance rate. Personally, I don't like their acceptance to all students because it's solely after the money plus it brings in the certain students who think art as an education is easier to obtain which upsets me.

But maintaining to the question, you need to research what type of art school you want to attend because some are really specific in certain major or others are pretty all around.

Millie5

Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 AM

Where you from, I know m,any colleges even best colleges in US & Canada.. But I think you are talking about Online art work. I'll recommend you regular working, but no idea about your area..

http://howtomakeplaydough.org | hotels on jumeirah beach dubai | http://plagiarismdetector.net/

Last edited by Millie5; 01-29-2014 at 03:50 AM..