BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:34 PM

Thank you, zigbigadorlube, for the banner! :3

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-17-2014 at 04:36 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:41 PM

You there, hey! You must be the kitchen help I requested! I can't believe they invited the whole island to this wedding.. We are going to need a LOT of food if we're going to pull this off. Go ahead and take a minute to gawk at the prizes, but then I'll need you to wash those hands and strap on those aprons -- let's make this a wedding buffet to remember!

PRIZES

For each regular category (Beverage, Appetizer, Main Dish):
1st Place - ( Perfect Pastries CI + Bubbly Celebration CI ) or 4K gold
2nd Place - 1750g
Runners-up - 750g
& if we get enough entries, prize medals may be awarded to Overall Staff Favorites:

For the Challenge categories, see each post for prize info (Cake Topper, Wedding Cake).

All entrants will receive a minor participation prize regardless of wins. :3

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-17-2014 at 07:04 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 PM

To enter, create your dish, add your username and snap a photo. Host the image somewhere (I like IMGUR), and paste or link your entries in this thread using the provided form. Easy as pie! Or, cake! :D

RESTRICTIONS
  • No more than two entries per person, per category.
  • Don't edit your username into your image - it's got to be part of the original photo. If you mess up and forget the username, talk to me & we'll see if we can work something out.
  • No storebought goodies, please! Using recipes or box mixes is fine, as long as you prepare the food yourself. :3

ENTRY DEADLINE

All entries must be submitted in this thread by the end of the event.
(Check the Event FAQ for the most current info.)

Q & A

Q. What criteria are the entries being judged on?
A. I'm looking primarily at creativity, presentation, and how well I imagine your dish would be received by guests. (Tasty, colorful food cleverly arranged? Yay! Overcooked Brussels sprouts in a pile? Eww!)

Q. All I have is my phone camera. How important is photo quality to you?
A. While entries aren't being judged on photo quality directly, since I can't actually taste the food the visuals do matter. I'm not going to be picky about image resolution but a nicely staged photo will have an edge over a similar quality dish with a careless photo. (eg, Don't set your plate of beautiful, yummy food on a dirty floor next to a pair of sneakers to take your pic.)

Q. What are the wedding colors and theme? And must I incorporate them?
A. Red, pink and white are the official wedding accent colors. There's not a theme per se, but Vicky is all about LOVE. Incorporating them is optional, but might help an otherwise boring dish stand out. :)

Q. I want to make some sweets - is there a dessert category for non-wedding-cake things?
A. Go ahead and enter sweets in "Appetizers" for now - if we get enough entries to judge sweets separately, I'll do that. :)

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-05-2014 at 04:22 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:45 PM

If you're meant to drink it, it belongs in this category! :)

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][SIZE="5"]I come bearing beverages![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

Beverage EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
I come bearing beverages!
[paste or link IMG here]
Comments: I think Vicky would LOVE this drink, it is butterscotch schnapps on the bottom and tequila rose floated on the top, so it is sweet and PINK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_mew View Post
This is what my note reads!
Comments: Inspired by the root beer float! I poured Ginger Ale into a champagne glass, trying to get a light white or close to it to fit the wedding colour of white (failed but i had no other choice!!) & scooped in some strawberry ice cream to top it off! (catching some of the chocolate with it--oops)

I present to you a summer inspired drink that resembles a glass of ice cream topped champagne; a fizzy bev topped with a sweet beginning to tote around while you chat with the other guests! Also a great ice breaker if everyone has ice cream mustaches

My name tag is supposed to resemble a blue hankerchief to go along with the "something blue" of weddings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post

Comments: Just hot chocolate that I put red food dye into. I thought this would be fitting, and sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post

Comments: Cherry Buzz Punch! Some monster Fruit punch energy Drink, a bit of rum, ice, 5 cherries and a bit more rum. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: Spiked Shirley Temple - Ice, Grenadine, Sprite, Marshmallow Vodka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post

Comments: This is an earth milk shake. it is green to represent the mix of fire and water to make land. as is the tie between two people in a wedding. It makes something amazing out of complete opposites.

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-05-2014 at 09:55 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:48 PM

Be they sweet, savory, or a mix of both, snacks and finger foods go here.

Note: Go ahead and enter any not-wedding-cake sweets in this category.

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][SIZE="5"]I brought some appetizers![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

Appetizer EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
I brought some appetizers!

Comments: With username
You can totally have dessert as an appetizer. Why wait until after dinner? Just look at these adorable cute s'more brownies. They got a graham cracker crust bottom with chocolate brownie top filled with oh so gooey marshmallow pieces. Just a little slice of heaven in there. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnmuzzledDragon View Post

Comments: I think pasta salad counts as an appetizer, I'm not sure ^^"
But yeah, made some pasta salad xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcupcakecat View Post

Comments: Home/Hand-made pretzels! Served on my Mom's china because it kinda matches the wedding colors a bit.
Quote:

Comments:Mini baked Macaroni and cheese.
Quote:
Comments: Bacon wrapped asparagus pastry sticks

Quote:

Comments: This is what is known as hawiaan chicken. It has coconut and pineapple in it. But also hidden within its delicious folds of flavorful deliciousness, is soy sauce, pears, sweet potato, and carrots. It is so good, you can't even tell that its healthy.
Quote:

Comments: I thought it'd be fitting if I included the cluster that's shaped like a heart, considering the happy couple. ^^
Quote:

Comments: personal pita pizzas!

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-07-2014 at 01:43 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:49 PM

Larger, more filling, more substantial dishes belong here!

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="5"]I prepared a main dish![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

Main Dish EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola View Post
I prepared a main dish!

Comments: It is Chicken with Broccoli stir fry. I don't know how many people like veggies but it is the best I could do on my budget >w<. Also here is the actual link for it if it is needed: http://i.imgur.com/fRFjLna.jpg
Quote:
I prepared a main dish!

Comments: These went over so well with Mom, I had to take a picture! Cheddar cheese and broccoli stuffed turkey burgers, they were so colorful!
Quote:
I prepared a main dish!

Comments: Stuffed chicken breast with bacon, Garlic herb potatoes, Honey peppers.
Quote:
I prepared a main dish!
Comments: Quiche Lorraine
Quote:
I prepared a main dish!

Comments: I love tacos. bottom line.. It is my favorite dish to cook for others.
Quote:
I prepared a main dish!

Comments: Taco Soup!
lots of fun ingredients. This one has tomato paste, leek, home made taco seasoning, cooked ground beef, salt, pepper, carrot, yam, and white bean puree, beef broth.
topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream. use tortilla chips to dip, or crush them and add for bit of extra crunch.

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-07-2014 at 01:43 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:51 PM

For this challenge, I want you to create a cake topper for Vicky & Mr. Mayor's wedding cake. This must be something you make yourself! It can be as traditional or as crazy as you like, and can be fashioned from just about anything (sewing, crochet, clay, edible sculpture, origami, legos, etc).

1st Place Prize: (Brush Up Your Art Skills CI) or 3k; Other Places:

Note: If you must do 2d art for this, there needs to be a way for it to sit atop a cake
(eg, cut it out and put it on a stick or somethin')

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Salmon"][B][SIZE="5"]I made a cake topper![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

Cake Topper EntriesX

Quote:
I made a cake topper!

Comments:
The cake topper is also a top hat with hearts on it.

Quote:
I made a cake topper!
Comments: Simple yet cute home made design. A small felt heart, stuffed and hand embroidered with the word "LOVE".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
*dies*

I made a cake topper!

Comments: I'm kinda amazed I pulled this off within 3 hours haha. Not a good idea to decide on the last day to make something @. @ I didn't get a chance to do Mr. Mayor's tophat (not if I want to sleep tonight...) but I think they came out adorable. (Even if my mother is wondering why I'm making wedding origami...). No actual cake D; that would be overkill for me today.

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-07-2014 at 01:39 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:52 PM

Not many people will have the experience of baking an actual wedding cake in their lifetime. I'm here to enhance your life journey by presenting you with that very opportunity! No need to thank me, really. Here's what you will need to consider while prepping your wedding cake for entry:
  • Decorate however you wish, but the cake itself must be edible.
  • Please bake the cake yourself. You may use a box mix, but no Frankenstiening a sheet cake from the grocery store.
  • You may scale down the size so that it's reasonable to prepare in an ordinary home kitchen.
  • Your cake must have a topper. You may use a storebought topper for this. If you make your own topper though, remember to enter it in the cake topper category too! :)

Now, you may be thinking, "Why the heck would I ever subject myself to that madness?" For the experience, of course! And also, the loot!

1st Place Prize: (Captain's Hooch) or 5k; Other Places:

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="5"]I made a wedding cake![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]

Wedding Cake EntriesX

Quote:
I made a wedding cake!

Comments: I have some more pictures of the cooking process, but they're on my phone and it won't upload picture right now for some reason. We're trying to fix it. So this is my attempt at a wedding cake.

This is a combination Devil's Food cake, and yellow cake. Both have healthy foods within them. I used egg whites to replace one of the regular eggs(since cake requires 3.) As well as pumpkin within the cake. (And I can vouch for it being delicious, I tried some of the pieces from the cut off shape. Oh yeah, it also has yogurt in it. Makes it really moist, and puffy and yummy.
It is suppossed to be a top hat.... With a present on top. . . ^^;;;
Process

Quote:
I made a wedding cake!
Without topper:

With topper:
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: White cake with vanilla whipped frosting, graham cracker and frosting interior, graham cracker and strawberry garnishes and hand sewn stuffed heart topper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi Ocada View Post
I made a wedding cake!
[paste or link IMG here]

Comments: The cake and icing seemed to want to sabotage me at every turn. XD I used a red velvet box mix and made homemade cream cheese frosting. It's like a tiny layered wedding cake... That's my husband's hand holding my sign. XD
The pictures had to be taken on my iPad because my digital camera is broken.

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-07-2014 at 01:40 AM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-28-2014, 02:54 PM

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-17-2014 at 06:52 PM..

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 07-31-2014, 09:04 PM

I kinda want to try making a wedding cake Sounds like it could be fun

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 PM

You should try it! I might too just for fun if I get un-busier in time. :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-31-2014, 10:50 PM

Oh man! So many things! :D

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-31-2014, 10:57 PM

.___. Awhh. Hooch.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 AM

This idea is incredible. I am almost tempted to do something but my baking/cookings skills are quite lacking.
I can't wait to see other people's entries.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-01-2014, 12:51 AM

OOooh yay! Another cooking contest!

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 AM

Oh man... I really wish that I could submit cakes I made before to this... since there's no way that I can go back and add my user name. That Advanced Pastry and Cakes class would have been perfect. Darn graduating before this event. :p

Here's some examples, though!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 AM

I may not do the cake section, but I have a few recipes to volunteer!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 02:26 AM

might to something, maybe

---------- Post added 07-31-2014 at 10:26 PM ----------

though maybe not...

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 08-01-2014, 05:16 AM

This so cool. I hate cooking but I love prizes.
I know someone who cooks... *drags Lex in*

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 AM

*stares at the prize*

I ... will.. make... a....cake...

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 08-01-2014, 05:46 AM

I wish I was good at making things

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 05:51 AM

I'm not. but I'm going to do it anways. is this one of the ones where you include the recipie? cause i think i'm going to test my health kick on the cake. cause to much sugar drives me nuts so there might be something like.. idk blueberries and spinach hidden within the cake. And it will still taste delicious :D

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-01-2014, 06:03 AM

You guys are killin' me! Don't be shy about attempting an entry even if you're not confident in your skills! I'm a sucker for effort. :)

You're welcome to just share recipes if you'd rather not make something, too. I can put them in the reserve post.

(You don't need to include the recipe if you do cook something, but it's appreciated as other folks might like to try it sometime.)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-01-2014, 06:07 AM

I would love to include it. I've been having a lot of fun doing things like putting applesauce or black beans in brownies (seriously.. they're delicious...) and making tye dye or camoflauge cakes. It's SO much fun!!
I've never hid a healthy ingredient in cake before though. will have to look through my what foods pair together well and are masked by the other flavours book.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-01-2014, 06:09 AM

That sounds exciting and fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :) I'm pooped so I'm hitting the sack now - take care! I'll be back in the mornin'