Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Tetsumiro

Old 02-09-2008, 03:03 AM

Slowly, Sabel grasped at Rave. He was terrified of the darkness surrounding him, taking him into a strangely warm embrace. It was tempting to give into it.

Rave's voice broke him out of the strange, deadly trance and he trembled a moment more. He was slipping fast, lashes fluttering a moment as he lost consciousness, head rolling back and his trembling came to a cease.

The only sign of life was his labored breathing now, and that was even slowing down. His lungs burned.. he couldn't breathe, it hurt so much. Everything.

Sabel's hand slowly slid from Rave's chest to drop back into the bundled form, kept so close by Rave's body in that bloody and dirty blanket. It was hard to say if he was going to last even a minute more now, some part of him still clinging onto life despite his unresponsive state.

Syan
Vampire Prince
Send a message via AIM to Syan Send a message via MSN to Syan Send a message via Yahoo to Syan

Old 02-09-2008, 03:17 AM

FUCK! Why didn't Rave have a better plan before doing this? It was stupid, and insane going by gut instinct... He could feel Sabel slipping away, the slowing of breath. He just needed to hold on a little longer! "Please, goddamn it. Don't give up. Please..." he gasped, turning the corner and running towards his car.

It probably wasn't the best idea, as he climbed into the driver's seat, an arm still wrapped around Sabel's rather limp body; but he felt that if he let him go for even a brief moment, that would be the deciding factor. He would give up because Rave wasn't there to support him... putting the car into gear, he backed out of his driveway rather hazardously, and palming the steering wheel, he turned the car and sped off towards the closest hospital...

He wasn't quite sure how they got there in one piece. Whether Sabel was still alive or not because he could barely feel his breath. He'd screamed for help... And the doctors had come running, taking Sabel from him and asking questions; then dragging him towards another station to take care of his hands. He fought them the whole way, yelling, refusing to be separated for any amount of time. It took two doctors to get him to a room, and two more to make sure he didn't try to leave until he'd been taken care of...

It didn't matter... All that mattered was whether Sabel was okay or not...

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 03:29 AM

As soon as Sabel was in their care, they rushed him to get his stomach pumped and on oxygen. He was cleaned up, his arms, wrists and feet rebandaged and his lip was stitched up.

They didn't expect him to make it, he was already so far gone by the time they'd gotten his abused body. They lost him for a moment when they were inserting a feeding tube, but it only took minutes to bring him back.

Sabel didn't want to die.. but now he couldn't wake up. The doctors and nurses got him stabilized, hooked up to all kinds of machines, but tests proved what they had feared. Sabel had slipped into a comatose state. Luckily, he wasn't brain dead, though it seemed there was some damage from all of the drug abuse he'd been put through though they couldn't be sure what it had really affected until he woke up, if he ever would.

It was nearly seven hours before the doctors came to talk to Rave, informing him of Sabel's state and telling him that he was able to visit him, and with that, they slipped away from him quickly, as doctors had a habit of doing when they didn't want to see the aftermath, acting like they were too busy.

Syan
Vampire Prince
Send a message via AIM to Syan Send a message via MSN to Syan Send a message via Yahoo to Syan

Old 02-09-2008, 03:39 AM

Rave sat in silence as the left. What was the proper response...? Get angry? Start crying? Hope for the best? Smile and say it didn't matter? He looked down at his bandaged hands. He really wasn't able to feel any of these emotions. He wasn't happy, sad, angry, or even... hopeful, though he wasn't negitive either.

He just... WAS.

There was nothing, no ounce of emotion that could make the way he felt any better. That could explain the way his heart ached; the way it seemed to just want to explode. He just shut off completely, alive but not living; awake, but dreaming...

It was some hours later they forced him to go home and get some rest, even though he had made quite an effort to stay seated in the lobby until Sabel woke up. So... He went home, but he'd come back... They'd tell him the same thing; he'd stay most of the day... And then go home... The same redundant pattern, over, and over, and over...

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 04:41 AM

Three years later and those green eyes finally fluttered open again. The sun was in the room.. maybe the middle of the day? He wasn't even sure where he was.

His fingers slowly moved and he coughed softly. His hair had grown out quite a bit, showing off the real dark brown colour, nearly black that he kept covered up all the time.

"Ravee..?" Sabel whispered out, one hand slowly reaching to take the oxygen mast off of his face, looking around warily. How much time had gone by?

Upon noticing the man awake, a nurse rushed into the room to take his vitals and talk to him. Over the years they'd managed to figure out what had happened to him... what was damaged.

"Rave..? Where's Rave?" He asked her insistently, though she was reluctant to tell him. Finally, she informed him that Rave had stopped coming by over 2 and a half years ago and Sabel looked shocked. He couldn't believe... it'd been that long? Rave was probably long gone by now.

The next news didn't come easy for him either when the doctor came it. It'd occurred to him that he couldn't feel his legs...They told him he was paralyzed from the hips down, his legs just didn't work anymore. He'd have to spend some time in physical rehab for a while.

Sabel cried for a while--he was alone, all because of those drugs.. he'd never touch them again. He refused to. They'd destroyed his life. He looked at his long hair, touching it slowly, the ends were a faded yellow but the rest of it was brown. It reached past his hips now. They'd kept it fairly trimmed while he was in a coma, but only what was necessary to keep it healthy.

He spent a few more months through rehab, mostly learning how to live and how to use his wheel chair. It didn't take too long before he was staying in a half-way house for those recovering from drug abuse--he luckily did count since he'd lost everything to them, he had no friends to take him in, not family left to claim him and Rave was gone.

It was late summer now, nearly the fourth year. He had stopped dying his hair and wearing a lot of makeup, only eye liner, mascara and a pretty lipstick to accent his darker skin. He was wearing an outfit similar to the one he'd been kidnapped in back then, rolling his sleeves up as he tried to get up a hill in his wheel chair, frustrated. He finally clicked the brake on so he could let go a moment near the top without rolling back.

"Aghh.. damn it all." He muttered, sighing softly and he tugged the gloves he had on his hands to keep from getting callouses on his slender hands. He wasn't as skinny as he used to be, no longer anorexic but he still ate very healthily to keep his feminine figure up. Why couldn't he be interested in a different store? One more wheel chair friendly? This was the best music store in town though, and he wanted to get something to listen to while he was out--the traffic wasn't really that interesting. He managed to grab a portable CD player and some batteries, but when it came to the music...they were too high--the band he wanted anyway. He wheeled to the section and gently tapped at a man's arm, not looking to see who it was or if they were with anyone.

"Excuse me... could you grab that for me? The new Bullet for my Valentine?"

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 05:10 AM

Rave had gone, ritualistically to check on Sabel. He worried, he fretted. And one day he had woke up and his world fell into a different place. Oh, he'd still cared for him; hell he had still loved him... But he couldn't do this any more. His life had been diminishing; focused around someone he realized he'd known for less than a week. He had to move on, or waste away in waiting. Surely Sabel wouldn't have wanted that for him right?

So, he changed his routine. He fell into his music and his dancing again. His mohawk went through changes, but almost always went back to the bright lime green color, the hair around however... He let it grow in it's true black color, tired of dying it blood red to compliment the green. His outfits changed slightly as well, still tank tops. But he only wore Converse or Vans now; and he wore tighter pants. His makeup was applied a little more liberally as well; glitter accenting whatever color he chose to wear.

He tried and failed too many times to pick up a new relationship in those years; everything went wrong. They never felt right. Every person would leave him, because he was still so focused elsewhere in his heart. But he never let it bother him... He didn't need people to exist. Part of him perhaps didn't move on, because he had boxed up those items that belonged to Sabel; and every once in a while, he'd go look. Was he awake yet? Should he have stopped going? But he'd just as quickly said yes. 'Wait for a love that never dies, and you've lost life.' Besides, it wasn't like Sabel would ever remember him, right?

Rave had entered the cd store for little to no apparent reason, just to browse for something new to listen to. He liked it here; the air chilled dispite the outside weather; the atmosphere friendly, inviting, familiar. He was slowly browsing thorough the cds, back turned slightly; when someone tapped on his arm.

The person's voice however, made him go stock still. Hundreds of emotions filling him; making his heart pound at a rate it hadn't in years. He turned his head slightly, looking down to see someone in a wheel chair. His heart suddenly sinking as soon as it'd soared. And that hair color... Well, he didn't actually know WHAT Sable's real hair color was. Biting down on his lip, he made a stab in the dark.

Grabbing the cd, he made to hand it to the person; taking a deep breath. "Here you go, Sabel, love..." Oh how he hoped it was him... He could feel his heart aching.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 05:25 AM

Sabel had started flipping through some of the CDs at his level while he waited for the man to hand him his CD.

He was grabbing the CD from his hand when he heard that voice--his name spoken with that voice and accompanied with "love". His bight green eyes shot up to the man, wide as he stared at Rave. "R-Rave..? Oh my god..." He gasped out, trying so hard to blink the tears away before they could fall down his cheeks. They did though, and he looked down. He was afraid... what if Rave had moved on?

His heart was racing, one hand resting against his chest. He couldn't believe he'd run into him, he hadn't really... well, he hadn't wanted Rave to see him like this. In a wheel chair. "B-Baby... I.. I never thought I'd see you again." He said softly. He was glad he was wearing water proof make up, or it'd be all over his face with those tears.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 05:44 AM

Rave felt his legs wanting to give out, too many thoughts and emotions flooding through his system to deal with. The top most of all, though; guilt. Why did Sabel always find a way to make him feel guilty without even trying? He had to give a small grin at this thought, crouching down.

He wavered a moment, before reaching out to dry some of the tears away. He had so many questions, and so many apologies just wanting to spew from his mouth; he could feel them building in his chest. But he wouldn't voice them all now. "I didn't think I'd see you again either, love... I-" he choked a little bit, looking down and away for a moment. He wanted to cry; but he had to be somewhat strong. "I'm so sorry..."

Had Sabel moved on? He couldn't tell by the tears. And with how close they'd been in those few days, 'baby' could just be the comfortable thing to say; as much as 'love' was for him. But... 'love' meant so much more, he'd never called anyone that before him, and no one after.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 AM

Sabel's plush lips curved into a soft smile as his tears were dried a bit by Rave, setting the CD in his lap so he could touch his hands, grasping them softly.

He was afraid of rejection...afraid to say anything more, he wanted to kiss him so badly, but he didn't know--he couldn't tell.

Those green eyes looked at Rave again now that hew as eye level with him, and he bit his lip a little. Sorry? Had he moved on? He felt his heart sink and he tried to hold back the next wave of tears.

He'd never really called anyone else baby before... maybe Cy once or twice, but he was more fond of "hun" "dear" with people he'd slept with often. Swallowing thickly, Sabel chewed on his lip and he brought Rave closer to kiss him. He couldn't hold it back, he'd find out this way, at least if he was, then he'd have gotten at least one more kiss from him.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 06:05 AM

Sparks... Sabel was the only one who ever send waves of electricity though him. He saw so many emotions coming forward and then fleeing. Worry, happiness, sadness, wonder, fear, anxiety... It couldn't be much different for him; he wasn't hiding from Sabel; but he never had.

Rave's breath hitched as he was drawn closer for the kiss. A kiss? It'd been so long since he'd press against those full lips with his own. He hadn't forgotten the feel... Hesitating only a second longer, he moved forward the rest of the way; pressing his lips to Sabel's chastely at first, then a little deeper, hands holding his tanned face ever so gently.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 06:16 AM

Green eyes watched Rave's before closing slowly as he was kissed. He loved that feeling so much, it sent a shiver down his spine as he pressed into the kiss even more. He parted his lips as the kiss deepened, grew more passionate. It felt better than ever before.

He kept the kiss for a few minutes, locking his wheels so he couldn't slide back any. He finally pulled back slowly, panting softly, his hands reaching to slowly caress at his face, down his neck. "Baby... I love you.." He whispered against his lips, nipping a little. "Pleasee... tell me this means you haven't moved on." He added, wrapping his arms around the man's neck, kissing at his lips again and again.

"I love you..." He said again, whispering, his eyes opening again to look at the man with hope.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 06:28 AM

The kiss was everything he remembered and more... So much more. Almost like there was more behind it than there used to be. Was that even possible? He tilted his head as the kiss deepened, mouth opening; accepting. How could he have ever tried to find someone else when there was this?

As the kiss broke a moment, he sighed content. He hadn't felt this wonderful for years; nothing could replace it. He held his breath only a second, as Sabel spoke. Moved on? Life wise; sure, he had made himself forget; but emotionally... relationship wise? It'd never worked. "I love you too, Sabel... And... I never 'moved on'. I couldn't..." he whispered, fingers running into the dark hair. and smoothing it back slightly.

He smiled, those words again... He pulled away a bit more, looking at the man before him; blue eyes sparkling. "I'll always love you... I can't love anyone other than you." A pure statement; it was the truth...

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 06:49 AM

Sabel breathed out in relief at those words--it was the same for him. Never could he love someone else, it just wasn't possible. Now... it would have been hard to find someone willing to sit by as he struggled with his problems.

"Are.. Are you still staying at the same place? Maybe I could come by sometime.." He said softly, not expecting an immediate welcome back into Rave's home, leaning back to let him up and let him stand up, unlocking his wheels to back up a little. "Follow?" He said softly, heading for the counter--he did have somewhere to be. He reached up to put the three things up and paid with cash, fingering through the 5 dollars he had left after that with a sigh.

He took the bag as he was handed it and the receipt, reaching to grab the bag from the back of his chair and put the items in the backpack for the time being before reattaching it to the chair--it couldn't just be grabbed off, it would have taken quite a bit of effort.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 07:10 AM

"Yeah, I am. That'd be awesome, though..." he trailed off. Sabel only wanted to 'come by'? Rave was more than willing to have have him move in. But he didn't want to seem pushy; he'd just have to drop it in conversation later.

He followed Sabel to the front, wanting to help him; but knowing that it was probably a little better if he could do things for himself. Babying him wouldn't help all the time; he smiled at that thought. "Are you sure you don't want any help, love? I'd be glad to offer it." he asked; leaning down near his ear.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 AM

Sabel blushed and smiled at him, tipping his head back a little to nuzzle him. "Mmmm... If you'd like, you could walk me down the hill. It was hell getting up it, I'm a little worried about returning down it in this thing." He laughed softly, smiling even more.

"Are you free today? I have to get to a job interview... but after that, I'm free." He replied, then he seemed to think a moment--"Oh... you probably drove, huh?" He pursed his lips a little as he paused by the door, making sure everything was secure and pocketing his wallet again in the side pouch of the arm of his wheel chair. He'd feel a little bad if he had Rave walk him somewhere only to have to come back for his car. He had to take the bus, he wouldn't ask Rave for a ride either.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 AM

Rave laughed a little, mostly for Sabel's latter statement; though he did find the thought of him speeding down a hill in a wheel chair sickly humorous. "Well, Sabel, love... If you hadn't noticed before; I'm a bit of a health nut. So, no; I didn't drive. And, it'd be a pleasure to take you where you need to go." he replied gently, walking forward. "Though, had I came in the car, I wouldn't have minded giving you a ride.

"And, yes, I'm free. I'm always free. You never asked me what I do for a living... Where do you need to go, anyway?" He grabbed the handles to the chair when Sabel was ready, pushing him out the open door and starting down the hill slowly. "If you want... We could go for coffee afterwards."

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 AM

"Oh? I never thought about asking." He chuckled, letting Rave push him out of the doorway and take him down the hill. It was nice to give his arms a rest, though the muscle in them was impressive for his small frame.

"It's a job interview. Since.. well, since when I woke up there wasn't anyone to take me in, they sent me to a half-way house. I can't get out until I prove I can take care of myself." Of course, if someone came to take care of him, they'd let him out too.

"Actually.. there's a smoothie place by the establishment I'm interviewing at--I'm not allowed to have caffeine.. so if you don't mind...?" He waved his hand for Rave to stop when they reached the bottom of the hill at a bus stop.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 AM

"I'm a musician and a professional dancer." Rave supplied, as they eased down the hill. He had to keep from giggling at the thought of Sabel zooming down it; lest his personal amusement be discovered. However, his smile suddenly faded as the other continued. Hmmm... maybe he'd have to bring it up sooner than expected?

"Well that sucks... but you know," he swallowed rather thickly around his words, taking a moment to continue. "If you wanted you could come live with me. Free of charge." He remembered back to the conversation of how much money he had. It hadn't changed; in fact he had more than he did then...

"Heh, smoothies sound even better, love..." he said, smiling a little; though he was worried. What would Sabel say? Did he even want to live with him?

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 08:21 AM

Sabel tipped his head back to look up at Rave as he brought him down the hill. "Mmmm that makes sense then." He mused about his professions, giggling a bit.

He inhaled a little, he'd kinda been waiting for that, chewing on his lower lip again. "Rave... I'd love to, I mean... I just--We aren't allowed to move within a certain area around the slums. The program came with a lot of rules, though I didn't really have a choice." He looked down a bit, holding his bus pass in his lips as the bus pulled up, rolling back a little as he waited for the man to lower the ramp.

"You live too close, I already checked. They don't even like us going near there, I'm still at a pretty high risk to start again if I'm given the opportunity." He explained, the pass still between his lips so it was slightly muffled. "You coming with me or are we meeting up later?" He asked curiously, glancing at him as he started up the ramp and swiped his card as the driver set a seat up and waited for him to back into it so he could buckle the chair in after Sabel locked the wheels.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 AM

Rave felt his heart rise and sink in the matter of two seconds it seemed. Cocking his head to the side, he thought. He did have something to do now... He needed to go home and call someone. Smiling despite his erratic heart beat he replied. "I'll meet you there; which one is it? Anyway, seems there was something I forgot that I needed to do. Don't have TOO much fun with out me, eh?" he walked up the ramp giving him a kiss on his cheek and whispering quietly. "And good luck with your interview."

He walked back down the ramp, blowing another kiss and giving a slight wink, walking away; in the direction of his house.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 08:40 AM

Sabel blinked and nodded a bit, smiling as he looked at Rave again. "It's called Pepperdem's Law on 14th street--I'm applying to be a secretary/receptionist. The smoothie place is right next to it in a chain of shops. If I'm not there when you get there, I'm probably still in the interview."

He gave him a little kiss back, blushing a bit and smiling. No one had ever told him good luck before, it felt nice. Once he was strapped in, he pressed part of his hand to the window and blew him a kiss back before Rave walked away and the bus started off towards the more central downtown area.

His interview took about an hour and Sabel seemed quite confident as he came out the front doors to go next door to the smoothie place so he could meet up with Rave.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 08:47 AM

Rave had been there not ten minutes, when he saw Sabel coming out of the front doors of the business. He was seated outside at a table with... Sadly one chair. But perhaps in the same statement it as convenient. Smiling at the confident look on his face, he got up to help him out.

Once they were back at the table, Rave leaned over his shoulder, smiling, and whispered. "What do you want? I'm buying."

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Sabel smiled even more as Rave came over and brought him to the table, locking his wheels once there. "AH--you don't..." He sighed, not even starting that, he knew he didn't exactly have the money to get just a smoothie and skip dinner that night. "Strawberry Banana, get me whatever size you want to pay for." He said, smirking just a little bit and tipping his head to catch Rave in a little kiss before he could leave to get their smoothies.

Syan
Vampire Prince

Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 AM

Rave smiled, getting caught in the kiss a moment later. If it kept up like this, he wouldn't want to go get the smoothies! Letting the kiss linger a few moments longer; he slowly pulled away, then went inside to get the drinks.

A few moments later, he came out with two large drinks; seating himself and placing Sabel's in front of him. He scooted a little closer, and leaned against the table, just taking his the other in for a moment. Then, slowly he formed a sentence... "So, just out of curiosity, why a wheel chair, love? Did you get hurt, or is it from before?"

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-09-2008, 10:00 AM

Sabel waited patiently as he sat there, leaning on the table slightly from his wheel chair. He leaned back a little bit again when Rave brought him his smothie, smiling with his usual "thanks" as he took a sip. He'd been rather thirsty and his was just perfect for him.

He blinked and looked down a moment at the question with a tender sigh. "When I woke up, they told me that all the drugs they'd given me over those few days... had caused some brain damage, but I guess I'm lucky. I'm paralyzed from the hips down, can't feel them or anything." He shrugged a little. He'd gotten used to it all.

He was glad Rave wasn't put off by his disability... he'd tried dating when some of the girls he roomed with set him up for a few blind dates, but all the guys assumed he'd be too much work. A burden, when really he was very independent! He didn't care anymore though, smiling softly at Rave as he took another drink. "Mm.."