Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 AM

This made more sense before the show came out..
--
I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me,
I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell,
And now you're in my way

She smiled as she sat but the wishing well, watching as her coin floated down to the bottom.
She'd taken her eyes off of the guy she'd been watching for a while, he'd seemed the most ordinary a guy could be, but she felt as though he was the most interesting guy in sight.
"What did you wish for?"
She heard a voice behind her, and looked up to see the guy that had held her attention for so long.
Did he know she'd been watching him? She blushed at that thought, and placed a finger to her lips, a smirk plastered on her face.

I'd trade my soul for a wish,
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this,
But now you're in my way

He sat down next to her, and looked at the coins within the water.
An excited little boy ran over and spoke his wish, for an XBox360 and many fighting games along with it.
As the boy walked back to his mother, who was waiting on him, the man turned back to her with a small chuckle.
"If only these could actually grant wishes. I'd be the luckiest man in the world." He grinned, and looked back at the water, as she stayed silent.
She could tell that this man was going to be an important part of her life, at some point. She grinned back, and looked at the penny that she threw in.
"I'd trade anything for that."
The man heard a wonderful voice ring through. He looked up, and smiled when he realised who it was.
"Maybe not anything."
He replied, a grin stuck on his face.
"I'm Phil Coulson."

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans,
skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?

They'd stayed and talked for hours after that, and She invited him to come to her house.
He agreed, somewhat in a hurried nature. True, for the past Thirty minutes he had been acting strange, but she thought nothing of it. When they got back to her place, she cooked dinner for the two of them. Simple hamburgers, what could go wrong, right?
Wrong.
Very, Terribly, Wrong.
Half-way through cooking it, or so she had thought, she heard an alarm go off, she looked towards the sound, and saw lights flickering. She rushed into the kitchen to see a fire, growing at an extreme pace.
Her eyes widened, and she just stood there. Unable to speak, unable to move. It seems she had blacked out for a moment, for, when she came to her senses, she felt Phil pick her up over his shoulder, and she noticed the fire wasn't there.
He put her down on the couch, and she noticed his clothing had been burned.
He grinned a grin that pretty much said 'Welcome Back' and just looked at her, making sure she wasn't harmed in any way.
Was he was sure of that, they locked ourselves in a never ending staring contest, it seemed.
After a blush had crept itself onto his cheeks, from what she guessed was from his thoughts, he turned and started walking towards the door.
"Wait!" She called out to him.
"Yes?" He asked, ready for anything.
"Can I have your number?"

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?
It's hard to look right,
At you baby,
And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Phil's face broke into an amused smile. Or, even possibly, a hopeful one. It was quite adorable.
"Of course."
After they'd exchanged numbers, he offered to take her out to dinner, seeing as her kitchen was ruined.
During the dinner, she felt many eyes on her. But, that was normal. Appearantly, she caught the attention of many men. But, she had never paid attention to them. Before now.
Phil had noticed, and tried to ignore the looks, but failed.
He looked at every male he saw looking at ___, in a disaproving way. They turned their heads quickly, back to their food, when they noticed him.
She laughed at the man sitting across from her.
"You don't have to do that, you know."
"I must defend your honour, who knows what was going on in those boys' minds?"
"The same thing going through your mind, earlier?"
She said, referring to how he blushed while they were having a 'Staring Contest.'
The blush returned to his cheeks, and he cleared his throat. "I assure you, it was nothing of the sorts. I'm not that type of man."
Though he said it, he didn't sound confident in that fact, making her believe it was, indeed, of the sorts.

I beg, and borrow and steal
Have foresight and it's real
I didn't know I would feel it,
But it's in my way

She smirked, as she held Phil's favorite gun behind her back.
He was looking for it, all over the room, before glancing at her smirking face.
He then walked over, and placed his hand out.
She gave him a questioning look,
"What? I have nothing. Quit looking at me as if I have something!" She quickly tucked the gun into her jeans, and showed him her hands. "See? Nothing."
He then lifted her chin so that our lips could meet, and she forgot all that was happening around them.
She hadn't expected this.
And she certainly hadn't expected to actually feel this.. Feeling she had. She could only see it as actual romantic feelings towards Phil from all She'd heard from Stories She'd read as a little girl.
She closed my eyes, and responded roughly, and felt his hands creeping their way around her waist.
And then, nothing.
She opened my eyes, and looked at him.
He was holding his gun. He looked at her, and smirked, before putting the gun down, and kissing her once again. But this time, in payback, she grabbed his gun while he wasn't paying attention, and dashed off.
She heard an annoyed grunt, and feet coming after her.
She laughed, and ran outside, hiding behind a tree.
Of course, her laughs couldn't be held in, and he found her soon. He ran at her, and tackled her to the ground before she could run.
They both laughed, as he took his gun back, and laid under the tree.
She knew he'd be an important part in her life, from the beginning, just not this important.
After they got up from that position, Phil sat under the tree, and she rested her head on his lap.
"Phil?"
"Hm?"
"Is it true, that you were once a very important agent?"
He looked down at her, shocked. How had she discovered that?
"Uh, yes. That is true."
"And so, isn't it also true that you are supposed to be dead?"
He looked at the sky.
"It's a wonder, what Fury can do with technology, isn't it?"
She jumped up, and looked at him.
"You mean... You're a zombie?"
He laughed, and shook his head.
She relaxed, and rested against his lap once again.
"I never died. Fury needed a way to bring the Avengers together. And, we have some pretty good power. And it was only a matter of time until Cloning happened."
"And You're the real you.. Right?"
He grinned down at her, stroking his hand through her hair.
"Yes, I'm the real one. And since the Avengers think I'm dead, I can never see them again..." He frowned. "I can never see Captain America again.."
She hugged him, "It's okay Phil. You'll find a way." She didn't know why Captain America was a big deal, not having learned about his love for Spangles yet, but felt like she had to comfort him non-the-less.

For the full 'gossip' visit Skulduggery's 'About Me'.

Reviews on Skuduggery

"First of all, write a haiku for Skulduggery!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn View Post
This man with a rose
searches for someone to love -
at a wedding. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Curious eater
Of the floral persuasion
Rose, om nom nom nom.
"What's he thinking?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
"Oh yes! A rose plus wine! Papa goin get some tonight!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"Now to figure out how I'm going to drink this punch with this rose in my mouth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
"Don't I look like quite the dapper prince charming! ;D"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"I'm fancier than all of you."
"I heard he was put into detention for.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The user above me was put into detention for making moves on the teachers. YOU'RE HERE TO LEARN, DAMMIT, NOT SEDUCE THE STAFF!
Quote:
The user above was thrown into detention because the roses he brought caused a mass attack on the students with pollen allergies. For shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
The user above me was put in detention for flirting with the teacher! She found him laying on her desk with a roar in his mouth.

"What was the first thing you noticed about him?
Quote:
New curtains!
Quote:
The white curtains. Or drapes. Or whatever they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I see the sea of red roses.
"He's quite the player; why did YOU divorce him?"
Quote:
"Because he never shares his spiced wine. T>T THA HORRORO!" "Oh and if the wine wasn't enough he was a cover hog!!"
Quote:
Flowers are not part of a well balanced diet, contrary to a certain someone's belief. Sure, he made breakfast in bed, but it was usually something weird like a dandelion salad. We went to a friend's wedding together and he sat there eating the table arrangements and ignoring the perfectly good meal provided to us. It was humiliating! I can't live with this anymore!
Quote:
I divorced Skulduggery because he lost his sense of wonder and replaced it with expensive trinkets. Don't you know that money can't buy happiness? I mean, not that I'm not going to divorce you and receive half of your finances or anything, but--oh, look! A cat!
Quote:
I just couldn't stand the smell of roses anymore! Rose scented cologne. Rose scented breath. Rose petal candies. Rose colored curtains. I was surrounded by roses of every shade and description and just couldn't handle it anymore!

"Pick one word to describe him."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
suave
Quote:
Playboy ;P