Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 AM

This is a private role play. Please do not post in here. Only Larxene and Mira-Charma13 are allowed to.

For The Love Of Science: For as long as he could remember, he was always locked up in this room, where people did tests on him. He didn't remember ever agreeing to this kind of life but he doubted he really had any kind of choice in the matter. However, one day, a new scientist joins the crew - unaware of what he's signed up for. When he sees the poor man the scientists are secretly testing on, he becomes disgusted, not of the "test subject", but of his co-workers and boss. But he keeps this hidden to himself. Why? Because he has come to conclusion of trying to free this man from this place and give him the life he deserve outside of his cell walls.

Larxene = Scientist
Mira-Charma13 = Human Test Subject

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 PM

Name: Nathan Oakwood
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Appearance: Image

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 08-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Name: Broei Pran
Sex: Male
Nationality: Dutch
Appearance:

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 AM

A sigh fell from his lips as he stood there, staring down at his clipboard. He had never seen himself in this kind of field of work. He had hoped to get somewhere in the field of science, seeing as he majored in and loved science. However. . . this kind of science was not something he wanted to be in. This was wrong. Very wrong. What right did his boss have to turn this poor human being into a lab rat?

Nathan frowned, hiding it away behind his clipboard. Something had to be done. But what? He couldn't call the police could he? Surely they would release the imprisoned "test subject" and arrest his boss, but what about himself? Would he be arrested too? Even if he was the one who called and wanted to free the man? No, that was stupid to think, but the fear of it possibly happened still got to him every time he thought about it.

His fear had gotten the better of him before, causing Nathan to stay quiet for the mean while. However, as the thoughts kept getting to him, he finally decided that something had to be done. He had to get this man out and into the world, were he belonged. A soft frown touched the male's lips. He could only imagine how much the man's missed out on what he could have had in life. But it had been taken away from him. For how long, he wasn't sure. He wasn't told how long this man was this lab's "test subject". But from how the man looked, he could only try and guess that it was for a long time.

The brown haired male moved a bit, positioning himself where he could glance over and spy on Broei. The sight made Nathan feel horrible. His eyes darted around the rest of the large science lab, taking notice that his boss was not around for the moment. This gave Nathan the sudden urge to go over to Broei, to talk to him, to tell him he wanted to free him. But there was a chance that his boss could walk in and catch him. Another sigh fell past his lips as he battled in his head on what to do. He needed a plan that he could set to stone, as the saying went.

Last edited by Larxene; 08-04-2011 at 02:08 AM..

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 08-04-2011, 02:38 AM

The room was simple, really, and blindingly white. He knew every curve and contour of the room. Every corner had been touched and explored thoroughly. For as long as he could remember, Broei had been locked up in this room, with its small, but comfortable bed, the little nightstand, and a small table at the other end of the room. The scientists would bring in tests for him to take, or things for him to toy around with. He would wake up to find things on that little table almost every morning that the scientists had left for him...everything from written tests, to jigsaw puzzles, to a bunch of parts with instructions on how to construct something. Three times a day, someone would slip him food through the panel in the door.

He knew they watched him. The upper half of the walls in his room were not walls at all. They were hard, two-way glass and plastic panels. Around these panels were chairs and cameras, recording his everyday life. The lab was built around Broei's chamber so that while the scientists worked, they could keep an eye on him. If anything went wrong with him, someone would be able to assist him right away. The walls were soundproof, so he couldn't see what was going on outside of his little room. He was left alone for the majority of the day unless a scientist decided to take him out of his room, blindfolded of course, to another room for tests.

It was a lonely life. But it was the only life that Broei knew.

He knew nothing of the outside world. The scientists had schooled him, of course, for the first eighteen years of his life. He had a lot of knowledge and a high IQ, but...he had no 'street smarts,' as they called it. He had never even step foot outside. He didn't know what warm sunlight on his skin felt like. He didn't know what flowers smelled like. He wished, for once, that the scientists would let him outside. Even if it was just for a few minutes. He'd read so much about the outside world in his books...and he wanted to know what it was like.

He was a sweet, kind-hearted man with good looks--bright, inquisitive green eyes and messy, cornsilk-colored hair. He had no people skills, but he was inherently kind.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 AM

He knew he couldn't be seen, not from his side of the glass, but Nathan sometimes felt like the other could see him whenever he took moments to look in the general direction of the glass wall. He was probably just checking his reflection or something in the "mirror" effect of his side of the glass. Maybe Nathan was just being sentimental, who knew, but it was how he felt sometimes whenever their eyes ended up locking in passing.

A sigh fell from his lips as he stood there, staring at Broei. Nobody should suffer the life he had gone through. Nobody. And if he had the power to do so right that very minute, he would free him out to the outside world. He wouldn't leave him alone to do as he wanted. No. . . someone sheltered their whole life like this wouldn't have any family to go to or anywhere to go. He would have to stay with Nathan. Though really. . . the thought did not bother him. As long as it meant the man had his freedom.

". . . . ." His eyes would move to land on one of the control sets nearby him, right under a few flat TV screens. By now, he was familiar with what the controls did and which ones they each were. Eyes would quickly glance around the room, noticing the few other scientists in the room weren't looking in his direction. Taking the chance, Nathan moved to look like he was leaning against the table when in reality, he was reaching behind him to flick the sound off. A part of his plan was forming in his mind. If he could go in and just talk to Broei for now. . . to see for himself how he was and let him know he wanted to truly help him, maybe he could get his plan to develop and go further into motion.

"Um, excuse me. Has anyone ever gone in and tried to interact with him alone?"

When he received a few 'no's as his answer, Nathan gave them a small smile before saying he was thinking of trying it out, as an "experiment". When no arguments were made, Nathan would set his clipboard down before making his way towards the door of Broei's "room". Taking the door handle in his hand gently, he'd slowly begin to open the door before taking a step into the room and letting the door close behind him.

". . . Hello." He'd say softly to Broei, giving him a small smile. He really hoped none of the scientists noticed that the sound had been turned off at any time during this "experiment".

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 AM

Broei was sprawled out in the neat little bed the scientists provided for him at the moment, hooked up to a machine they brought in every once in a while to help regulate his breathing. He had problems breathing in his tiny room. The air was constantly recycled, over and over again, so...oftentimes it was in short supply. He was glancing around the room absently, wondering what would happen next in his life. The tests they gave him in this room were...okay. However, whenever he was moved to another room...the tests were often cruel and inhumane, and very, very painful. He was hoping that there would not be one of those tests today.

When the doorknob suddenly jiggled, indicating someone was outside of his little room, Broei slowly sat in up bed, an arm wrapped defensively around his exposed chest and breathing a little more heavily now into the transparent device strapped onto his face. He looked a lot like a cornered predator that was just about ready to give up the fight. He was tired...tired of this life, tired of being hurt, and tired of being treated like...like an animal...

Cautious evergreen eyes observed Nathan as he stepped into the room, his only real sanctuary where he could relax and be away from scientists...when they didn't come to take him away, of course. His eyes, out of habit, flickered down to check the scientist's hands. He was puzzled to see that they were empty--typically, scientists came in here to deliver him food, deposit tests on his table, or arrive with a blindfold in tow to take him out to perform another test out of his room. It suddenly occurred to Broei that this one might have come to fetch the machine.

He was startled, though, when the other man kept his distance and instead directly addressed him. The scientists, when they did address him, either gave him direct commands or spoke to him like he was a stupid child. He was not used to being addressed like that, and for a moment, he was frozen with something akin to...stage fright? Was this scientist...talking to him like he was an equal?

Broei brought his other arm up around his chest, looking defensive, still. He had pale skin, seemingly unmarred...but upon closer inspection, he had thin, jagged-shaped scars at his neck and both of his wrists. Probably from being hooked up to so many machines in his lifetime.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2011, 07:41 AM

When the other did not respond to him, Nathan began to feel a little nervous. Though. . . he shouldn't have been too surprised that the other did not speak up to him. Nobody really had been very kind to him, had they? Poking and prodding at him for his whole life most likely. Why would he be willing to speak to anybody who wore the same white lab coat as he did. He knew he wouldn't if he were in Broei's place.

"H - Hello." He'd try again, hoping he could get the other to speak in return to him. "My name is Nathan." The scientist would take a few more steps forward, coming to stop mid-way in the room. He did not want to invade Broei's personal space any further, unless he was given an "okay" from the other male. "I promise, I'm not here to hurt you." He would say this as a soft smile would appear across his lips. "I just want to talk."

There, it was out in the open. Now. . . he just had to wait and see if the other believed his words. He really hoped so. If he did, it would help him get closer to helping this poor man out by giving him his freedom. Fidgeting a bit on his feet, his eyes would dart from one side of the room to the other. There really wasn't anywhere for him to have a seat besides Broei's bed and the floor. He still didn't want to get to close in the other's personal space, so the bed was out of the question. Sitting on the floor? That didn't really bother him to much.

Gently, Nathan would come down to seat himself comfortably on the floor, letting his legs cross so he was sitting in the Indian Style position. "I. . . I want to say I'm sorry." Eyes filled with sadness would glance away for a moment, trying to find his wording first before continuing. "I could never imagine what you've gone through. I. . . I had no idea what I had signed myself up for when I took this job." And he'd bring his head back up, a soft frown upon his face as he looked back at Broei. His hands rested against his legs and they'd curl up a bit into a ball. "You deserve freedom just like everybody else. You don't belong in here, being tested as some kind of lab rat - against your will."

He had began rambling, even before Broei had a chance to even respond to his "hello". A soft blush would appear upon his cheeks in embarrassment before he'd scratch the back of his neck, glancing down at the floor for a moment. "I am sorry. I - I did not mean to let that all out at once."

Last edited by Larxene; 08-05-2011 at 09:24 AM..

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 08-06-2011, 02:07 AM

Broei had a strange, deeply conflicted look on his face, and he was deliberately leaning away from Nathan. He leaned back more and more the closer the unfamiliar scientist drew to him, but stilled his movements when the other male slowly sunk down and seated himself on the floor. He sat up straight again, a few vertebrae in his back popping as he did so.

The other man began to speak. Once more, it was clear to Broei that he was being directly addressed...something he was completely not used to. Even more so, he was being addressed in a kind, gentle sort of manner. The scientists were typically blunt and brutally cold with him, not caring to mince words and having no tolerance for his feelings. The man promised he wouldn't harm him. Broei did not believe him. Understandably, he had more than enough reasons to doubt Nathan's words. He had not had an easy life, and he absolutely did not trust those scientists in their neat white lab coats, with their transparent goggles and painful experimental tools...they hurt him.

When the peculiar scientist apologized, though, Broei's mistrusting mask suddenly melted away, replaced by confusion. He was silent while the other explained his reasoning and expressed sympathetic, empathetic feelings toward him. He was very still, as well. Something was stirring in his chest. It was...a warm, pleasant feeling, but unfamiliar...much like the feeling someone would get when listening to a beautiful song in a language they couldn't understand. Happiness, Broei reasoned, was probably what he was feeling. Someone...understood? Someone knew he wanted to be free...someone knew he hated being cooped up and used as a guinea pig...

A rat in a cage.

That was what Broei had always considered himself. A rat in a cage, put out on display for everyone else's amusement. Slowly, the man cleared his throat. He had a decent amount of muscle to him, but was more lean than buff--this was clear to see as he shifted in his seat to get more comfortable.

"...What do you want from me?" he asked simply, his voice quieter than it usually was. "Are you...releasing me?"

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 AM

Nathan's eyes would move up and land on Broei as he heard the other male's voice. For a few moments there, he had been staring down at the floor as he waited, wanting the other to start speaking up. He would remind himself of how the other male probably felt so scared right now with one of "him" - a scientist - in the same room as him. With how much he's gone through, of course he would be weary of Nathan. For all Broei knew, Nathan could have been faking his kindness. He had nothing to fear though, Nathan's kindness was pure and real.

"I can't. Least. . . not so easily." He would give a soft frown as he'd tilt his head down for another moment, a look of thought crossing over his face. Then, he'd look back up at the other. "I would have to sneak you out, without them knowing somehow. If I had the power to just set you free on my own, I would do so this very moment."

He gave out a soft sigh before he'd think again. "The only time everyone has left for the evening, besides one person, is in the evening when they all go home. Maybe. . ." A soft smile would begin to worm it's way onto his face as he kept on thinking. "Maybe I could request to stay behind tonight for the job and then. . . once everyone has left, I can get you out of here."

It sounded like a fool-proof idea to him and he could see it going smoothly in his mind, but whether or not it did, he had no clue. That was something the future would only tell him should he go through with the plan. But first, he wanted Broei to understand he was serious about this. He wanted his consent on Nathan's offer to help him be freed. "I understand too that. . . you won't have anywhere to live outside this lab. I. . . I will gladly offer to let you live at my apartment with me."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 08-06-2011, 02:49 AM

Broei quietly listened to Nathan's words...his plan to sneak him out sounded...okay. But, there was one thing that he had forgotten about. Broei knew that his every action, his every step, was recorded by cameras. Even in the rooms they took him to for heinous experiments, he always caught sight of cameras on the walls and ceilings. They watched him relentlessly. There was absolutely no way that he would be able to get out with those cameras on. And so, he decided to mention that.

"The cameras," he piped up, when there was a pause in his words. "There are cameras everywhere. Everywhere I go...all around this room, watching me..." His voice was not normally so soft, so frightened...so...empty...devoid of feeling. "If you're serious about getting me out, those cameras need to be disabled."

There was a negative tone in his voice, almost. It was as if he wasn't taking Nathan seriously. How could this scientist, whose very own colleagues had made his life a worthless, living hell, want to free his own test subject? No scientist that had worked with him had expressed such a desire. This made it very hard for Broei to believe the older man.

...But oh...how he wanted to.

He wanted so badly to believe Nathan. He wanted to believe that someone actually cared about his well-being...about his life, and about his feelings. Broei had had no affection from other human beings for all of his life. He grew up lonely and neglected, his wants and feelings blatantly ignored. Every single human being he had come across had acted the same--treating him like an animal, like a rat in a cage, instead of an actual person.

Broei suddenly lifted his head a little more when he heard Nathan speaking about...living together. Something sparked inside of him--the other man was offering him a home, a place to stay. And suddenly...it all fell into place.

He was telling the truth.

"...I...I want to get out of here," he declared, voice slowly gaining strength. "I want to leave. Take me with you...please..." He sounded almost painfully hopeful...

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 AM

"O - Oh. . . right." He felt like an idiot having forgotten about all those cameras. A soft blush appeared across his face in embarrassment. He was such a fool sometimes. "I'm sure that I can find some way to knock them out." He'd say, flashing Broei another smile. He wasn't sure exactly how he'd do it, but he'd find a way.

When he heard the other's tone of voice, he couldn't help but hold a soft and small frown. He didn't really sound like he was being easily convinced of Nathan's words. Right. . . again, he had to remind himself on how horrible of a life he has had and it probably wasn't going to be very easy to convince him that he was being honest about this whole thing.

He wasn't really sure what else he could say that would convince Broei if he already wasn't convincing enough. Maybe. . . he wouldn't believe him until he actually had done something to prove it. He still liked his idea for tonight, to stay behind and be the one to "watch" Broei all night long. Usually when people took up that position for the evening, they got the next day off of work.

". . . ?"

Hearing Broei speak up again once more, Nathan blinked a few more times as he watched him, his stomach doing a bit of a turn. The way the other sounded. . . it made his anger for the other scientists in this lab become stronger. "I promise, I'll take you with me." A smile was given. "I promise I will set you free from this prison."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 08-06-2011, 08:03 AM

Broei didn't know how long it had been since he last smiled. Weeks, months...years, maybe. But when he heard Nathan's promises, a big, charming, winning smile spread across his face. He had perfectly white teeth--they had been attended to by the scientists all his life. He was in near-perfect health, save for his recent spells of breathing trouble. That was perhaps one of the positive things about having lived his life in this cage. He laid back in bed slowly, that smile seemingly stuck on his face.

"Thank you..." he murmured, his voice overflowing with joy. "Thank you. I...I will find some way to make it up to you, someday..." he added, determinedly. He didn't know what exactly this scientist was going to gain from freeing him. He knew that outside of his cage, he wouldn't be able to be independent. He would need a caretaker to constantly depend on until he learned how to fend for himself. He would be a pain in the neck, and he knew it. But...if this man was willing to take care of him for a long period of time and teach him the ways of the world...Broei was going to have to find a way to repay him for his labors.

Broei wasn't used to talking so much, and he still wasn't feeling the best after having his sort of asthma attack today (after which the scientists brought in the machine for him), so he now looked completely drained...exhausted. "I...should sleep," he commented, somewhat awkwardly. "...When will you come for me?" he asked, before he decided to settle down for good and sleep. There was a plain black and white clock hanging on the upper wall just below the glass panels, out of reach. He would be able to see what time it was and prepare to leave...