FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM

~WELCOME~

Gypsy Camp : Watch out for the belly dancers...sword jugglers...fortune tellers and FIRE-BREATHING CAMEL!!

BTW... the last picture is honestly one of myself... see if you can find me!

Here's where to post ideas about what we're going to do... make team assignments... yada yada.

Assignments and their interpretations... what is your specialty?

To make it easier... I've color-coded a list of participants and what they've chosen to work on!
FeyonaSaibre -
HappyStarr -
Silver Magi -
KageShio -

BONUS TIEM!! <3

Quote:
BONUS

Everyone knows that word-of-mouth is a surprisingly effective way of getting news out… or in this case, word-of-post. That’s right. You’re going to start a blog for your team.

Have your team decide on 1 person from the team who will create and maintain the blog. You may have more than 1 person maintaining the blog if you choose (in fact, I would advise this). You can use any blog platform (ex. Blogger, Wordpress.com, etc).
Include the name of your team in the blog’s title.

Then, once every half-hour, post on the blog about what’s going on with your street circus (fictional or real events, or both!). Each post must be at least 200 words long. You will not get extra money for longer posts.
Each post must include an image that relates to the post.

You do not have to post every single half-hour. You must have at least 4 blog posts to get money, and you will receive bonus money for every extra post. However, you will LOSE money if you post more than once in a half-hour.

4 required posts: $200
Each extra post: $50
Penalty for posting more than once in a half-hour: -$70

But wait, there’s more! If you are lucky (perhaps not the right word to use in this case), you will receive a humor bonus! A bonus-bonus? Anyway, criteria below:

Made me smile: $20
Made me chuckle: $40
Outright loling: $60

So, if you want those bonus-bonuses, you might want to collaborate with your team mates about what exactly to write.

Link to the blog in the first Submission form.

Use the second Bonus submission form each time you post in your blog so I know to go read it.
Journalist--
Just make sure someone is on at all times to answer trivia... ^.^

Any other suggestions just let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageShio View Post
I noticed you seem to be focusing on the middle-eastern "belly dance" gypsies, only one of the many types of gypsy. There are Romani people living everywhere from Egypt to Brazil. The Roma(Romani), or Gypsies as they are more commonly called today, are thought to have originally come from Tibet , but being the nomads they are, they spread over most of Asia and the middle-east, down into northern Africa. Later they traveled north, up into all of Europe and eventually from there over the seas to middle-America, moving further south to most of South America and north to the southern parts of North America during the last decades of the great gypsy caravans.

Romani influences can still be seen world-wide, and in more than just at your local Renaissance Faire. The lively dances of Russia, Turkey and Hungry are partially shaped by the ever-changing folk dances of the Roma. Flamenco music, clothing and dancing was spawned from the Roma, and the Cajun culture is also said to be derived from them. Just as the Roma influenced the world as they passed through it, they adopted parts of every culture they became a part of, thus no two clans were ever alike.

A few interesting facts:

-The bangle-covered vests and sashes were originally from the Turks, not India.
-April 8th is officially called Gypsy day
-The Roma people have a flag, anthem and language, even though they have no one country of their own
-The first world Romani congress was held in London, 1791
-Words for the Roma in other countries: latin-Cingarus, Turkey-Cingeneler, France-Tsiganes, Germany-Zinger, Russia-Cjganji, Hungary-Ciganjiok, Italy-Zingari, Spain-Gitanos.

Pictures of Romani around the world: Indian Russian Spanish Turkish 1 Turkish 2 Fancy Male Turkish Male Turkish Generic European Indian Male

Yea, these are all costumes, but they still give a good look into the different styles of Roma clothing. It is very hard to find actual images of traditional Romani dress. And it's hard to find pictures of male Roma :(

I hope some you all find this interesting!

Last edited by FeyonaSaibre; 07-15-2010 at 04:39 PM..

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Hurrah! Gypsy camp! Let's dance! =D

Lady Lunarius
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:19 PM

~Comes in singing the Cher song!~ Hi All!

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 PM

*shimmies in her monied skirt* I'm going to make it look a lot more impressive... I just wanted to get it up and going first. XD

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Indeed! Can't wait to see the 100% finished product! =D

omgosh...I actually have a jingly coined sash...it makes pretty sounds...^_^

Lady Lunarius
ʘ‿ʘ

I get to be the zombie gypsy ^_^ lol just sounds fun.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Woo woo! Zombie Gypsies! <3 Sweet! Yeah, so once I get a chance I'll be posting assignments and asking who wants to do what part. ^.^

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 PM

Sweet! But...don't we have to find out what the tasks are...? 0.o

And...oh my goodness our bellydancers breathe fire?? >.> I'm totally a firebreathing belly dancer now..

Lady Lunarius
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Shoot, I think there's a problem in my schedule guys I may not be able to do this, just got my work schedule and I'm gone all day on the 14th and 15th

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Awww... well that sucks... and we'll do things as we can. I'll list what we know so far... like the writing assignment and the promotion stuff and then we'll do the rest when we can.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Ahh okie! Sounds good! And sorry to hear that Lunarius! DX Feel free to continue to support us, though, if you can't participate. =]

Oh oh and sweet pictures! Actually...that blond girl could be me....if I were her and therefore prettier than myself and without a huge nose...>.> hahaha Definitely colors I'd pick, though.

And I really have no idea which one you might be. I'd say either one those leftest girls or the little girl...since I have no way to tell how old the picture is, either. XD

Last edited by HappyStarr; 07-09-2010 at 06:38 PM..

Lady Lunarius
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:43 PM

Hmm If you guys want I can help up to the point that I have to leave then find someone to take my place.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 PM

I'm actually the short on in green on the left. ^.^

And that works for us.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Aha I knew it!

And ya, that should be do-able. You should probably check with the game coordinator, though...=/

Lady Lunarius
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Yeah I'll do that.

Silver Magi
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Future Gypsy here. Hopefully. c:

I'm actually dressed as one right now. Kinda funny. xD
My summer-hippie attire - Now hat school's out, I don't have to worry as much about fashion. :drool:

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 07:15 PM

haha me, either. I'm sitting here in my workout clothes. ...Actually...gypsy attire looks rather comfortable.

Silver Magi
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2010, 07:38 PM

xDD
Much more comfortable in this heat wave than a pair of jeans. Dx

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM

Oh, I bet. I haven't worn jeans in weeks...and usually those are my daily attire. Suddenly I'm like "omgosh skirts and shorts....so much better....." And when it's REALLY hot, I just sit around in an oversized tshirt.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 PM

Whoa, team gypsy has a camel! *ponders team choice in a new light*

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 11:25 PM

haha that's right. We're the cool team, with camels and bells and such. >.>

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-10-2010, 02:54 AM

Don't forget the fire-breathing gypsies.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 07-10-2010, 02:56 AM

SWEET JESUS THERE'S A CAMEL <3

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-10-2010, 02:56 AM

Well, duh! I figured it was just given. ^_~

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 07-10-2010, 04:44 AM

Hello Ladies, is there room for a male gypsy here? I can do acrobatics, dance, sing and I'm pretty handy with making things.

Also, as long as we are here, how about a quick history lesson on gypsies? I noticed you seem to be focusing on the middle-eastern "belly dance" gypsies, only one of the many types of gypsy. There are Romani people living everywhere from Egypt to Brazil.

The Roma(Romani), or Gypsies as they are more commonly called today, are thought to have originally come from Tibet , but being the nomads they are, they spread over most of Asia and the middle-east, down into northern Africa. Later they traveled north, up into all of Europe and eventually from there over the seas to middle-America, moving further south to most of South America and north to the southern parts of North America during the last decades of the great gypsy caravans.

Romani influences can still be seen world-wide, and in more than just at your local Renaissance Faire. The lively dances of Russia, Turkey and Hungry are partially shaped by the ever-changing folk dances of the Roma. Flamenco music, clothing and dancing was spawned from the Roma, and the Cajun culture is also said to be derived from them.

Just as the Roma influenced the world as they passed through it, they adopted parts of every culture they became a part of, thus no two clans were ever alike.

A few interesting facts:

-The bangle-covered vests and sashes were originally from the Turks, not India.
-April 8th is officially called Gypsy day
-The Roma people have a flag, anthem and language, even though they have no one country of their own
-The first world Romani congress was held in London, 1791
-Words for the Roma in other countries: latin-Cingarus, Turkey-Cingeneler, France-Tsiganes, Germany-Zinger, Russia-Cjganji, Hungary-Ciganjiok, Italy-Zingari, Spain-Gitanos.

Pictures of Romani around the world: Indian Russian Spanish Turkish 1 Turkish 2 Fancy Male Turkish Male Turkish Generic European Indian Male

Yea, these are all costumes, but they still give a good look into the different styles of Roma clothing. It is very hard to find actual images of traditional Romani dress. And it's hard to find pictures of male Roma :(

I hope some you all find this interesting!

Last edited by KageShio; 07-10-2010 at 06:30 AM..