View Poll Results: Have you ever been to a convention?
Yes! I love them! 2 18.18%
Yes! I even went in Cosplay!! 3 27.27%
Sadly no, but I've always wanted to! 5 45.45%
No thanks! Not interested. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:39 PM

haha well just saying. If you're lacking the judgement and smarts to not drive when you've been drinking then you need to grow up more before you have a car. The girl was 16 and had her first DUI. Yeah. She had the car like a whopping 5 months. Got it for a birthday present.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-19-2015, 06:14 PM

oh wow. I had parking tickets and illegal U turn ticket.
:<

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 06:42 PM

See that's nothing. I mean everyone makes mistakes like that. But a DUI when you're not even suppose to be drinking? yeah I'm sorry I didn't feel bad for her at all.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-19-2015, 06:51 PM

I made those 'illegal' action consciously. Cause I dislike the restriction. :<

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 07:17 PM

i almost drove into the swamp on night when i was just 'buzzed'
i never drink and drive, in fact i was always the designated driver

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Agreed! I mean, it's one thing to do it online on a forum, but to do it in person is just amazing - I've seen people work with real leather, cast metal, everything! Super crazy what can go into these!!

Oh my goodness! That is so awesome!! Although you missed some things, I bet that dinner topped the whole thing lol!

Do you watch Heroes of Cosplay? It's my favorite! I also just found a Japanese one on Crunchyroll that I want to check out - not sure if it's good or not lol

Oh wow - those look amazing!! Does it take you long to put together the outfits? Or do you have them made in advance?

I agree on the black corset and the prosthetic - they really can be utilized over and over so they're not a wasted investment! When you can recycle pieces for new costumes it adds that much more to it because it's less expense and you already have a foundation :3

---------- Post added 07-17-2015 at 08:52 PM ----------

Which one is the 4th? (Not familiar with Doctor Who in depth)
Have you tried etsy or steampunk shops? They have a lot of old fashioned attire! :3
He's the one with the long scarf. Tom Baker is the actor who played him.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2015, 10:50 PM

I can honestly say I've never gotten a ticket or gotten into an accident! I was pulled over once with my Gramp because I pulled out a parking lot before I managed to get the lights on - in my defense I had no idea where they were and Gramp was telling me how to do it as I pulled out. At first I thought the cop wanted to pass me because I had just seen another cop rush off somewhere and assumed this cop was doing the same. Nope. He followed me. When he pulled me other he's like "Do you know why I stopped you?" I look at him dead serious and say "I honestly have no clue...." He then looked at the lights and said "Well I see they're on now." And then it clicked lol Even though it took him 30-40 seconds after I turned on the lights to pull me over, he was doing it because my lights weren't on and I laughed lol He then asked for the license and registration as I told him what happened and then I'm like "Uhhhh I have no idea where the registration is.." I them turned to my Gramp in the passenger seat and asked him if he knew where it was and the cop was like "Whose car is this?" I'm like "My Grandpa's!" And motioned to him as Gramp handed me the registration. The guy then took my license and was like "If I run this, it'll come up as being valid right?" I couldn't help but laugh as I nodded and said yes. The whole situation was just hilarious to me! Then of course my Gram hears it go across the scanner but didn't hear what it was for and thought we were in am accident and half way home my phone and my Gramp's phone starts ringing endlessly until my Gramp finally answered lol It was hilarious but not at the same time because they thought we were in trouble - but still a good story in the end when they found out what had happened!! XD;

And wow - 16? Wtf? That completely changes things. That is so my acceptable!! I'm floored by that one!!

---------- Post added 07-19-2015 at 06:51 PM ----------

Kirin - Oooh okay! I think I know who you're talking about now :3

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 04:11 AM

xuvrette; Well but still. :P I'm sure even though you did that you weren't putting others lives in major danger.

Emma; haha I've had my fair share of speeding tickets but that's about it. And yeah it was just like crazy bad situation and that sounds like an awesome story to keep telling about you and your gramps! :D Love it. Haha I don't have any interesting stories or anything like that with driving.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-20-2015, 09:51 AM

That is one hilarious story. XD At least it is nice to know the cop is doing his job.

Venono, at my place, the criteria of U turn is rather odd. Some make logical sense, some don't.
If you miss a turn, your 'legal' U turn is maybe 5km away, I honestly don't want to waste that journey.
Petrol ain't cheap. Besides, the roads are WIDE where I U-turn.

I dislike paying parking ticket especially to open car park. Because, I don't feel SAFE. The cops are only there to coupon the wrong parkers, but not there to guard the cars. -__-;; So, I am more willing to pay at shopping mall car parks as their security is tighter, with CCTV and gate, the plus side is it most often with roof.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 11:29 AM

How is everybody doing?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-20-2015, 03:02 PM

I went to shopping again~~

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 10:31 PM

Lol sheesh that's kinda how it is here in some places. Just not really my city but we have a grid like city, usually you can go up a block, and then turn around.

Most traffic tickets are just silly anyways. Cops that are like "yup gotta meet a quota - ticket - ticket- ticket for you- ticket for you -"

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-21-2015, 12:31 PM

When it is near festive season, any religion or race's new year, our traffic cops would work much harder. XD

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 07-21-2015, 01:54 PM

I tried cosplaying Trudy Chacon from the Avatar movie. This is the best I could do

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-23-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
xuvrette; Well but still. :P I'm sure even though you did that you weren't putting others lives in major danger.

Emma; haha I've had my fair share of speeding tickets but that's about it. And yeah it was just like crazy bad situation and that sounds like an awesome story to keep telling about you and your gramps! :D Love it. Haha I don't have any interesting stories or anything like that with driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
That is one hilarious story. XD At least it is nice to know the cop is doing his job.

Venono, at my place, the criteria of U turn is rather odd. Some make logical sense, some don't.
If you miss a turn, your 'legal' U turn is maybe 5km away, I honestly don't want to waste that journey.
Petrol ain't cheap. Besides, the roads are WIDE where I U-turn.

I dislike paying parking ticket especially to open car park. Because, I don't feel SAFE. The cops are only there to coupon the wrong parkers, but not there to guard the cars. -__-;; So, I am more willing to pay at shopping mall car parks as their security is tighter, with CCTV and gate, the plus side is it most often with roof.

Right?? I seriously can't wait to tell my kids when they learn to drive - that'll be one thing I instill in them - learn how to work the lights and where the registration is in every vehicle you drive BEFORE you drive it lmao It's seriously one if my favorite stories - other than running my Gramp over with the lawnmower.... We even changed the song to Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer to Grandpa Got Run Over By a Lawnmower.... I will note that no one was hurt in the making if this running joke of the family.. xD; Did I mention I'm a bona-fide klutz?

Also so sorry I haven't been around guys! My leg is really kicking me in the butt and on top of it I'm just overall sick and the moment - I'm sad I missed most of the event. :(

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-24-2015, 02:50 PM

It was a busy working week... *sighs*