Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 PM

Yikes...yeah its tradition in my family to wear your mothers wedding dress....thank god I nixed family tradition when I left.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM

Hah!

I'm also kinda glad there's no wedding ring tradition for me. I'm not the oldest granddaughter on either side of my family, so I won't get a ring from either grandmother, and my mom has been married twice (and is divorced from my dad anyway), so I won't get a ring from her either.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 PM

lol, thats nice for you then ^.^

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 AM

I don't like tradition. It makes no sense to me.

My friend Amber wore part of her mom's dress, but she had it significantly altered. Like, it pretty much just had her mom's bust and nothing else.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-26-2010, 12:40 PM

I love tradition.......but my mothers wedding dress was hideous xP

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-26-2010, 06:50 PM

I'm set for a lifetime of tradition-destroying. I'm not a fan of commercialized holidays, and that's basically all that's "tradition" in our family. So when I have kids (woooo....), I'll be making up a bunch of new traditions to have with my own family. HOORAY FOR THE ADVENTURE I CALL LIFE!

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM

New traditions. XD I don't think it works that way.

I've always planned to celebrate Christmas with my family on New Years. Get all of the after christmas sales.

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
When I was walking downstairs, I thought my roommate was in the shower. Then I realized that the rain was just that loud.

Sizz: What about a gothic wedding dress?
:drool: That dress is gorgeous! Too bad I already got married. ^_^' I got my dress on clearance for 300 dollars and it was shaped a lot like that with the corset top and full skirt. It was white though, with beaded stars on it. It was originally something like $800-900 and it was the last one left. Thankfully it just happened to be my size. I love a bargain. I also wore a tiara, because what other day in a woman's life can she dress up like a princess and not get looked at funny? lol....although I periodically wear my tiara while I do housework. ^_^' It makes vacuuming feel ever so glamorous.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM

See now I work retail.....so christmas week is like taboo for requesting off. I usually celebrate a week or two after when I go spend time with my brother......and my sister usually comes too.

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 AM

My family has at least three Christmas celebrations. One on Christmas day at my grandmother's house, one on New Year's weekend at my parents' house with my sister and her family as well, and one just between my hubby and I. ^_^'

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
l....although I periodically wear my tiara while I do housework. ^_^' It makes vacuuming feel ever so glamorous.
You are my hero :heart:

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 AM

lol, thanks. ^_^ Who says I can't be queen of my castle, ne? lol ^_^ Sometimes I wear my kitty ear barrettes instead. Those, I'll actually wear out of the house. ^_^ I'd wear the tiara out but my husband is bipolar and I don't want to stress him out by drawing too much attention. O_o' The little black cat ears usually elicit only brief staring followed by studiously avoiding eye contact with me when I catch them at it. The tiara would bring silly people asking questions. lol. In winter, I sometimes wear my cloak instead of my coat. My mother would be mortified. lol. She refused to make me one because she knew I'd wear it for more than Halloween. lol. She was right but I found someone else to make it for me. It's black crushed velvet with a purple satin lining. So pretty. ^_^

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 AM

=o

I HAVE KITTY EARS LIKE THAT they are black with pink on the inside and they're so cute :squee:

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 02:08 AM

Mine are plain black and I too think they are really adorable. ^_^ Did you get them from Hot Topic? lol. I got mine there ages ago.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 AM

Yes >w<

I haven't been to a hot topic in YEARS though... x_x

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 02:18 AM

Me either. I haven't had money to spare and I can't go in one without wanting something. lol. It got frustrating. ^_^'

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-27-2010, 02:21 AM

I stopped going in around the time that Fallout Boy got really popular. I was all "eww... no thanks."

That, and I had terrible luck with my merch breaking or wearing out very quickly. One time, I had a necklace fall apart as soon as I took it out of the store! The clerk was cool enough to replace it for me even though it was "opened" (I tore the paper hanging thing to get the necklace out), but still. Ridiculous.

I did have an awesome pair of pants from there that lasted quite a while though.

And I do have a corset from there still, but it does not fit me as I'm about... 4 cup sizes too large for it now. >3>

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 02:25 AM

I have a lot of Hot Topic stuff. You do have to be a bit selective about their stuff though. I've gotten some really poor quality merch there a time or two. But since they are the only place other than online to find Invader Zim merch and other rarities (like decent fake vampire teeth ^_^ ), I forgave them and kept shopping there. I just got a bit more picky.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-27-2010, 02:31 AM

Oh! I forgot about my Zim stuff... I have two big-headed Gir pillows (one robot and one dog). The robot Gir has eyes that stick out... not unlike boobs >3>;;

Well, the dog does too, but they don't stick out as far xD

Shhh, don't judge me, I got them when I was 12, and at the time it was hilarious... jeez that makes me feel old now.

Last edited by Keyori; 08-27-2010 at 02:42 AM..

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 02:59 AM

lol, I have two pairs of gir shoes, a purse, a Zim messenger bag, t-shirts, a hoodie, some plushie keychains, a talking statuette, er....I'll stop now. ^_^'

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-27-2010, 03:28 AM

I like Fall Out Boy. XD

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 04:07 AM

I only know the name and that they are a band. O_o' I'm not much into secular music. I listen to mostly christian rock and rap. Though I do like Linkin Park and a few other artists.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-27-2010, 11:48 AM

Cora made her own cloak. But its nice that I'm not the only one to wear it out of the house. I got arrested once for wearing it to the mall though, They claimed I was trying to steal with it.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-27-2010, 02:39 PM

... Did they see you trying to steal anything?

Saravi Boo

Old 08-27-2010, 03:46 PM

O_O' Seriously? That is messed up. It borders on harassment. What made them think you were stealing? Besides, they can't legally accuse you of stealing unless you actually leave a store without paying for something you've picked up. I worked at Walmart for a while, the LP people had to be sure a thief had actually taken something out the doors before they could stop them and bring them back inside to arrest them.