jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2011, 03:57 PM

I decide that it would all get better if I just let loose my pet bear on the hooded guy, by dropping him through the skylight. That should get the bear plenty mad to attack.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Saravi Boo - Your suggestion is a bit incomplete, as it doesn't detail how you're going to take care of the hooded figure. If you could edit that in, it'd be much appreciated. :)

Since the event ends sometime this evening, the next update will be the end of the story! Sad, I know. So I'm going to leave this open for a bit longer for any last-minute suggestions. If the event ends before I'm able to write up the next bit, I'll PM it to all the active players. If by tomorrow (US time) you haven't gotten a PM from me with the story, just shoot me one yourself saying you'd like to see the conclusion (doesn't matter whether you've played or not!). I should be able to finish it up before the event ends, though. :)

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Awww. This was so fun. We totally need a "choose your own adventure game" in the regular forums. I would play that.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 PM

I think it'd be quite a bit difficult to find enough players during non-event times. Most users tend to retreat to their few subscribed threads as soon as the event ends and rarely venture out to find new things, so these sorts of things tend to get ignored. :sweat: And I'm not sure that I could come up with that many stories. But barring anything bad happening, I'll be doing this again at the next event. :)

Time for the... drumroll, please... FINAL ROLL! I'm going to have to skip Saravi Boo, I'm afraid, as the suggestion wasn't complete.
lydia1020 is 1, NeuzaKC is 2, Liztress is 3, jessieomer is 4
The 4-sided dice lands on 1
Last story update to follow shortly!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
You whip out a few small objects from your rather large pockets and quickly build a weapon a la McGuyver style. With a few seconds to share, you go in through the skylight.
Remember that wad of lint, earplugs, and rubber band you'd been carrying around in your pockets? Well they're coming into use now. Along with a sticky zippy bag (from your kettlecorn), some bits of your parachute and a few things you found on the roof, you manage to slap together a weapon. You're pretty boss that way.

You grab the lasery glass cutter thingy and cut a perfect circle out of the glass and set that aside. Yeah, a perfect circle. Like I said, you're pretty boss today. You secure the rope around your waist and Cessy lowers you in with the winch.

"...epare to die!" You catch a bit of what the hooded figure is saying as you're lowered into the room. Hm, if only you'd heard that full sentence. There's just no way you can know what s/he was going to say. It must remain a mystery, as now it's time to take down that shiny-stealing fiend with your awesome weapon. You whip it out of your pocket and take aim. What, now you want to know what this weapon is? Use your imagination, okay?

Inso notices you lowering into his living room and again drops his drink on his laptop in surprise. Poor laptop... You should buy him a new one after you buy Menewsha out from under him. Reacting to Insomniac, the hooded figure looks up and sees you. Who is it? Gah, you can't see inside the hood. It's all dark and shadowy, even though s/he's looking up at a giant skylight. Your life is becoming more and more like a cartoon with every second...

You deploy/swing/fire/drop your weapon thing right at/on his/her face. Kablooey! Or shing, or splat, or bam or whatever it is your weapon does. Don't ask me. Your shiny goes flying up into the air and you deftly catch it. Like a boss.

"My hero!" Insomniac says before running over to kiss you on the cheek. Okay then.

"And now on behalf of all Menewsha, I would like to thank..." Mr. Mayor says before the crowd. "I'm sorry, what was your name again?"
"Acobzeelizdiahowneustarjessckseidiaveboo," you say. Why can no one ever remember that?
"Yes, on behalf of the Menewshan population, I would like to thank... you for defeating the bandit and returning the treasure to its rightful place!" Mr. Mayor says, placing a medal around your neck as the crowd cheers. What, have you forgotten what's happened already? Okay, it's been a pretty big day, I'll remind you.

Your shiny turned out to be an ancient magical artifact of Menewsha. Once on proud (and well-protected!) display in the museum, it was recently stolen. Abel, being quite magical himself, was enlisted to help find it.While visiting the boardwalk he sensed its presence and began chasing the hooded figure, who had it. The thief dove off the end of the boardwalk. Abel leaped in after him and gave chase, but was not as fast of a swimmer as the thief, who had unknowingly dropped his stolen treasure.

A few days later you came along and found the treasure, as I'm sure you know. But you weren't alone! Well, that goes without saying since you were on a crowded boardwalk during a fair, but you were less alone than you even thought! The hooded figure was nearby and snatched the treasure right from your pocket while you were busy eating kettlecorn on your way over to see Jeryck. The thief's plan was to harness the ancient jewel's magical powers to defeat Insomniac and take control of Menewsha. Probably descending the island into darkness and evil or some such thing.

After taking the gem from you, the thief hightailed it back to his evil lair to make sure he had everything in order. Meanwhile, you interrogated the innocent inhabitants of Menewsha. After everything was completed, the evil personthing began his/her evil trek to Insomniac's not-very-evil-at-all lair, but s/he ran into Cherry Flavored Antacid, who you had recently sent up to the very same destination. Cherry mentioned that she had never seen him/her around before, but before she could so much as look as look for the person's history on her clipboard, s/he sntached Cherry up, causing her ice cream cone to go flying over the fence around Insomniac's fortess and into the moat. The thief then took Cherry back to his evil lair, buying you some valuable time, which you wisely spent on a helicopter ride.

After the thief was knocked unconscious from the wounds you caused s/he was hauled off to the Menewsha jail. The next day a crowd gathered to watch the thief's bannination. S/he was lead up onto a platform where jellysundae waited with a gigantic hammer. With a mighty swing, the hammer hit the thief and sent him flying off, landing in the ocean to swim to some other island.'

Any of that ringing a bell? Because you've been kind of daydreaming for a bit now, you might want to pay attention to what's going on. Right. You're on a nice little stage where Mr. Mayor has just thanked you for saving the day with a medal. You wanted a new adventure and you certainly received. And you know what? This medal is even shinier than that gem.

Thanks for playing, everyone!

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-13-2011, 01:41 AM

well, I think somebody should make a thread like this in the regular forums (maybe I'll do it). Even though there might not be a huge response at first, word of mouth goes really far. If those few people who join in the beginning each tell one person about it, and they each tell one person, then it could be pretty awesome

can I do it in the regular forums?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-13-2011, 02:39 AM

There's nothing stopping you. :) I would ask that you please credit me and link to this thread as the original, though.

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-13-2011, 04:59 AM

Thank you Cherry for the fun times. Sorry for getting confused over the fence. ^_^;
I would be so happy to see a thread like this during each event. Even happier if there is a regular thread that is active.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-13-2011, 05:30 AM

It's not a problem, I'm sorry my initial post wasn't more clear on the options. :)

I'm quite glad to hear that you guys would like to continue playing! My initial thought was that no one would be that interested in this game as it requires so little participation on the part of the player. I'm glad to hear that it was enough! If you guys have any suggestions at all for future rounds, please feel free to pitch them in. Some small prizes for dedicated players and creative suggestions will be added next time around. :)

Second question/request for feedback: Did you find the story updates to be funny? I was doing my best to include lots of little bits of humor throughout, but I've got a weird sense of humor so there are some things I think are hilarious that no one else even realizes is a joke. :lol: Were there any jokes that you found particularly funny/unfunny? All of this will help with the next time. :)

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-13-2011, 05:45 AM

I enjoyed the zany humor. The helicopter part was my favorite part as a whole.
Prizes would be awesome but I'd still play along regardless.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Yay, I got a medal! Well, we got a medal. But I'm taking it.

I loved the story updated, Cherry. Very humorous, the way you made fun of the character (us) while still having the story in the spotlight. (: I'd definitely play again!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 PM

I had a blast with this. :) And I thought the whole thing was funny. :lol: