Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 PM

Hello, artists of Menewsha.

Recently, I haven't been using Menewsha nearly anywhere as much as I used to. I started a new job in January, which takes up a lot of my time, and with the loss of my grandfather, also in January, I just haven't really wanted to come online. I don't feel motivated, I guess?

Anyway. I have an inventory full of CIs, EIs and SNGs that are beginning to gather cyber dust, and I'd rather some lovely Menewshans benifited from them before they become vintage xD

My granda (my dad's father) passed away on 24th January this year, after a long fight with cancer. He was always a healthy man. He didn't drink or smoke, he ate healthily and was very active... He was a referee for local football tournaments and took walks every day with my Nanny. So when he fell ill, no-one could understand why. I guess life's a bitch and cancer is a bigger bitch.

So the point of this...

I'd like to get a tattoo in my granda's memory. I have one on my wrist, dedicated to my Nanny (my mum's mother, who died 24th January too, 2000) and would like one now for my granda. I've been searching online and in books for inspiration, but I've found nothing. I want something original, and something with meaning.

But I've drawn blanks. Any any I tired designing myself were just awfu, to put it nicely.

So onwards to the design breif, prizes and entries (when I get 'em ;)).

Last edited by Kultura; 06-07-2011 at 07:09 PM..

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 PM

So what do I want?

I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. All I am sure of is that I would like a daffodil to be part of the tattoo.

When my granda became really ill, it was obvious that he didn't have any longer than a month. There was no point in putting him on medication or sending him to chemotherapy. There was no stopping the inevitable.
My granda died at home, in his bed, surrounded by his family. (He was the father of 15 children!) This was made possible by Marie Curie nurses, who take care of cancer patients in their own home. The charity works with cancer patients, instead of researching cancer, and I know myself how invaluable that is.
The symbol for the Marie Curie charity is a daffodil. This is why I want a daffidol tattoo.

I'd like something with some celtic knotwork, or perhaps even a swallow? Religious themed tattoos are also alright, as my granda was quite relgious.. Maybe text. Idk. xD

What not to put in your design? Stars. Tribal designs. Nothing tacky either.

PLACEMENT - I'm planning on getting the tattoo on my right foot OR on my back, just below my neck. Like this.

Prizes! Woo!

1st Prize

2nd Prize
+5k

3rd Prize
+1k

Other Prizes

+ More! *Will Update*

Last edited by Kultura; 05-17-2011 at 05:00 PM..

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-15-2011, 11:51 PM

Entries!

PM me your entries.
I'm looking for something original remember ;D

----------

And um. We're good to go. PM me if you have any questions and stuff. I'll think of a closing date sometime tomorrow.

Kultura
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Any interest?

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM

yes and going to try and start this tonight. ^_^

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 05-25-2011, 02:47 AM

I drew something.. but i don't have a scanner.