Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-18-2020, 05:22 PM

Key smiled, even as his thoughts strayed again to Lorn's message. "Alright. Why don't you go pick a table while I order the drinks? If you want a surprise, then I'm sure to have one!" he grinned. Considering the size of the menu, even he hadn't tried all the things this store had to offer. After giving Priscilla a chance to move toward the tables, he stepped up to the counter and ordered himself a white mocha and then a Cinna-nut latte for Priscilla. While waiting for the drinks, he finally pulled out his phone again and reread the message. Now was as good of a time as any to respond.

"Hey! It's been a while. I would love to meet up again but I've got someone living with me right now. Not sure I want to leave them alone right now so might have to be a quick coffee. Maybe Monday after theater practice?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-20-2020, 02:24 AM

Priscilla nodded with a smile, before turning around and facing the greatest kind of dilemma since her first deciding to approach Key. Where to sit. There were tables near crowded ones, where people were talking loudly and laughing their heads off. The young woman discounted those immediately. The ones nearest the restrooms were also not on her list of possibilities. That left a few in squeezed corners, but her eyes fell on a table near a window with a view of the street. If not for her fear, she would have gone for it. Instead, she settled on something with a nice view of outside, but which obscured them from easy sight. The chair was surprisingly comfortable as she settled down, and once she had Pris glanced at Key. A frown crossed her face when she noticed him on his phone, and all she could think about were all the things she didn't know about him... Like if he currently had a boyfriend or now. Why did she even keep wondering about such things? It was completely inappropriate!

#

"That sounds wonderful. I can make it easily, just text me the specific hour. Lorn sent off the text, then another after a few minutes. Roomate? It seemed like more than that to him, with Key's concern about leaving this mysterious person alone, and the thought sent a pang through Lorn's heart. He wanted for Key to be happy, and yet ... It saddened him so much that things hadn't worked out between them, and Lorn blamed himself for it, even though he knew it hadn't been his fault. They just hadn't been compatible, not through lack of trying. He wished that he had been the one, that they could have been ... He shook his head and returned to the gallery inventory. At least they were still in each others lives, working to build a friendship.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-22-2020, 05:22 PM

"Will do. I'll tell you about it later, okay?" Key texted back before pocketing his phone again. When he glanced back to see where Priscilla sat, he found her looking at him from one of the out-of-the-way window tables. A pang of relief and guilt hit him at the same time. Guilt to text an ex-boyfriend when with her, relief that she still sat there, still looked at him with such attention. He decided to focus on that emotion. After a quick wave, Key turned back to the counter so he could collect their drinks and head over to the young woman.

"Ah, nice! Looks like you picked a really good spot," he exclaimed as he slid into the chair opposite of Priscilla, hoping that the entrance didn't sound rushed or too bright. "Here's your drink. Let me know what you think, kay? I may have picked something a bit unusual." Offering a sheepish smile, he took a drink of his own foamy goodness, humming at the sweet taste. He may not have indulged in white mochas often, but he could never stop adoring them. Even an awkward moment like this felt better with the drink in his hand.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 08-22-2020 at 05:29 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-23-2020, 12:08 AM

A smile from Key banished her puzzlement and worries. Everything was fine. They were friends hanging out in a cafe after a shopping adventure, just friends. She had never had a friend before. It wasn't any wonder she kept imagining other things, unfamiliar things, cropping up. The flutter of her heart when Key smiled at her, sitting down with their drinks, was just a normal reaction when faced with the unfamiliarity of the whole situation ... Just a little nervousness was all.

Smiling herself, she took a sip of the drink. Priscilla's golden eyes widened as she took another sip, before leaning back with a content little sigh. "This, oh I couldn't drink it everyday, but as a treat this is divine!"

Wanting to thank him, as she always seemed to want to, Priscilla bent towards the bags she'd hung on the chair. After rummaging around for a little while, Priscilla's hand emerged with the bracelets she'd bought. Nervously, she pushed the bracelets Kay had been eyeing towards him, along with the one she had found. The strawberry charms were so cute, and matched the bracelet she slipped onto her wrist with a nervous smile. "I saw you looking at those, and that other one matched your bag, so I couldn't just leave any of them behind ..."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-03-2020, 04:28 PM

"I'm glad you like it," Key chuckled with relief. "Flavors like that kind of remind me of the holidays even if it's only September now." As he took another sip of his own drink, Priscilla started to rummage in her bags. He eyed her, not sure what she was up to. However, when she pulled out the bracelets, he froze.

"Oh." Setting aside his drink, he touched the bracelets with tentative fingers. First, the silvery edges, then the red paint on the strawberries. Beautiful. His eyes darted up to meet Priscilla's again. "You really shouldn't have. Priscilla, these are....thank you." Giving up, he gave her a relieved smile as he slipped the bracelets on. They jingled against his wrist, matching the bracelet that Priscilla now wore. "Ahaha, I guess we match now."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-07-2020, 12:00 AM

Nervousness gave way to relief as she watched Key's mouth tilt up into a smile. Priscilla laughed a little, before calming down and wrapping her hands around her mug. The warmth of it had a soothing effect. "I know it's probably too much, but giving gifts, it was always a way of showing appreciation in my family. Father, whenever I scored well, or came back with a winning ribbon, or if I managed to be of some help during a business deal ... I would inevitably get some gift." And when things didn't go well, her freedoms were limited, but that was something she wouldn't bring up with her newest, only, and dearest friend. Key tried so hard to be happy, uplifting, and she didn't want to do anything to ruin the mood they'd been working to create.

"But, that is all in the past. I'm rather curious about what you were doing with your phone. Was it work? I'm sure I could manage alone in your apartment for a day without causing too much chaos." With instructions, which Priscilla would make sure to ask about. She was certain there would be no touching of Key's precious games, or anything in the kitchen except the microwave, maybe ... if he showed her precisely what not to put in it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-11-2020, 07:40 PM

Running his hand along the bracelet again, Key shook his head with another smile. "It's not too much. It's a bit surprising...but I'm really happy. Thank you, Priscilla," he murmured, trying to ignore the way his heart jumped in his chest. It almost seemed to roll over like a dog doing tricks for Priscilla's laugh. He would do anything to hear that sound. However, at the mention of his texts, his chest squeezed in a far more unsettling way.

"Oh, uh? I didn't think you noticed that. It's not that I'm paying attention to something else more than you..." Key trailed off, his eyes dropping to the table. He tried to hide his unease behind taking another swig of his drink but he was unprepared for this line of questioning. How should he explain? "An old friend just messaged me. He wants to meet up so I agreed to get coffee on Monday. Don't worry. I don't mean to say I don't trust you alone all day but I thought it best if I didn't!" he hurried to correct himself. "Is that...is that alright?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-27-2020, 12:08 AM

Key's answer sent her heart fluttering all the more. She hadn't overstepped any boundaries, and he really did seem pleased by the simple gifts. They were just sweet little baubles after all, but Priscilla was sure she'd treasure the bracelet that matched his forever.

Then Key started fidgeting, another emotion replacing the happiness from earlier. Pris rushed in to try and make him feel better, puzzled by why he was so worried that his talking with a friend and not paying attention to her might upset her... She knew he had a life, her gratitude towards him was all wrapped up with knowing how much of his time he had given to her already! "Of course it's alright!" Priscilla laughed a little before going on. "You trust me more than I find it in myself to. I'm a disaster in the kitchen and might need some instructions before being left alone to fend for myself." As she spoke the young woman reached out to lay a reassuring hand on Key's.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-08-2020, 03:40 PM

Key looked up to meet Priscilla's eyes, feeling equally lost and relieved. She also put far too much trust in him. But then, Key hadn't told the whole truth. He planned to meet up with a friend, yes. That was all Lorn was to him now but he couldn't ignore the history either. Would that bother Priscilla? He just didn't know. Feeling like they went on a date now...was that also just in his head?

"I'm sorry," he finally sighed. "I must sound really strange making a big deal out of this. I'm overthinking it. And you'll be fine, Pris," he added with another chuckle. "Don't you realize that you've already improved so much from the clueless girl that I met in the game shop? Well, egg incident aside, you're more capable than you think. I'm the one being silly right now. Maybe later, I'll be able to say these things clearly..." Like how twisted up his feelings for Priscilla were becoming.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-14-2020, 11:09 AM

Priscilla laughed lightly at Key's words. He saw her like that? It seemed quite impossible to her! She hadn't inproved at all, but there was no possibility of her contradicting Key when his good regard mattered to her so much. "I suppose I'll have to take your word for it. But really, you should definitively go amd spend time with your friend. Having a friend is so amazing..." Priscilla glanced away a moment as she felt her cheeks warm, before turning back to face Key again once she'd gathered the courage to say the rest of what she wanted. A gentle smile was on her lips, though Priscilla wasn't aware of it. "You've already taught me so many things I didn't know before."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-18-2020, 01:29 AM

Before he could stop himself, Key found himself blurting out more words. "Would you like to meet him? I'm sure the two of you could become friends too. I mean, since you sounded a bit sad..." He looked away, cheeks reddening to a deep strawberry shade, nearly matching the pattern on his bag. He pulled a hand through his hair, too embarrassed to look Priscilla in the eyes. "I don't mean right away or anything but if you'd like. My friends can be your friends. I want you to have things like that, even if you say I've already done so much. I really haven't, have I?" It was a strange thought to come to but Priscilla meant the world to him right now and he wanted her to have the world in return.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-19-2020, 01:19 AM

The young woman fell silent. Priscilla was so surprised! She took another few sips to cover her nervousness, and coughed a bit as shebdrank a bit too hastily. "I would.. I eould love to meet your friends. I'm grateful you'd feel comfortable introducing me to people who plainly mean a lot to you."

Priscilla smiled again, not at all nervously. Key was acting so cute! She just wanted to make him smile again. "Well I suppose this just means my makeover will have to continue, and my new hairstyle will have to be even more amazing." She planned on letting Key choose her hair, since she had no ideas outside her comfort zone. Besides, she trusted him to help disguise her and make her look good all at the sams time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-22-2020, 04:27 PM

Key's smile grew more bold when Priscilla reacted so warmly to his suggestion. It had been a hasty one but one he meant without a shade of doubt. As much as he loved having the young woman rely on him, he wanted to make her even happier. And well, as awkward as introducing her to his ex would be, it would be fun to go out with the both of them. "Ah, good. I'll bring it up on Monday. If he's interested, we can make a date...so to speak," he added with another faint blush.

His attention brought back to Priscilla's hair, he reached out to capture one of the brown locks. "That's right. I forgot we still needed to do your hair. You really don't have any direction you want me to take it in? I might get really creative, ya know. And then I'm afraid I'll mess it up. What if you don't like how I do your hair?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-23-2020, 01:29 AM

A date! Priscilla knew it wasn't meant in any kind of romantic way, not when it would involve someone else. Besides, who was she to know what a date was? She'd never been on one, had actually never really wanted to either. Except there Priscilla was, thinking that a date with Key would probably be amazing, wonderful and magical! But she couldn't imagine him seeing her that way, or anyone really. "I'm looking forward to hearing if he agrees or not. Hopefully he says yes, because it sounds like it's going to be quite a lot of fun." She took in Key's blushing with a mixture of curiosity and a hint of melancholy. Maybe he felt more for this friend then he was comfortable admitting?

All of those thoughts flew from her mind, along with her breath, when Key reached out to grasp a bit of her hair. For a second, Priscilla's eyes felt like they were impossibly wide, before she blinked the surprise away. "The whole point is in being as different from myself as I can possibly be." Her voice was subdued, hesitant, as her golden eyes took in the café. "But in any case, I trust you. I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing that will go with my new style." And then she was smiling again, thinking of her new outfits, especially the one Key had chosen just for her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-24-2020, 10:42 PM

"Oh, don't worry. He'll definitely say yes. Lorn is...a really nice guy." Key flashed a quick smile but made sure not to dwell on what could have been between them. It was funny, he'd liked Lorn so much at the time and even being friends again had come with a hint of bitterness, but now he felt nothing like that. He was excited to introduce Priscilla to Lorn. He wanted the other man's approval. Maybe...his blessing?

Noting Priscilla's strong reaction to his touch, he pulled back, tucking both of his hands into his lap. Did he bother her? "Ah, seriously. You'll make me go insane giving me so much freedom. How can you trust a silly guy like me so much," he managed to push out, unnerved despite himself. Still, he pushed on, trying to focus on the task of Priscilla's hair. "Since you say anything is fine, how do you feel about pink, or teal, or blue? Should I try to do an ombre...?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-04-2021, 06:25 PM

Key had surely noticed her reaction. Had it scared him? Oh she juat didn't know what to do! Priscilla smiled. Wasn't that always the best option? "I look forward to meeting your friend. You make him sound pretty great!" Honestly Priscilla was inclined to like anyone Key did, because she thought Key seemed like a pretty goos judge of character.

The talk of the possible hair colours made Priscilla giggle. Her? With pink hair! But the ridiculousness of it was the point. Key's enthusiasm about it was a very nice bonus too. "You're not silly! I know what silly looks like after all." Garden parties tended to bring out the silliness in a lot of people, and she'd been to her fair share. Silliness in itself wasn't necessarily be bas she sipposed.

"And of course I meant it. You could dye my hair rainbow if you wanted. But an ombre does souns nice... The fabric I see dyed like that is always so beautiful and eye catching." She wondered if the eye catching nature of bright colours would be counter productive to her hiding, but doubted it. It was entirely unlike her after all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-17-2021, 12:09 AM

Key found himself nodding along though he had to chuckle at the idea of rainbow hair. "Hm, maybe another time. I'm only an amateur after all so I don't know if I can even make two colors look good on someone." Still, it would be fun and the fact that Priscilla smiled only made the idea seem even better. "Sounds like we'll do an ombre for sure. I think something eye-catching suits you since you're already so impressive. Yeah. This is definitely a good idea!"

Chuckling again, Key stretched out his legs before giving the cafe a quick look over, his eyes returning to the table a second later. "Um, we shouldn't just talk about hair dye and meeting my friend though. Plus. we're not done shopping, are we?" He finished his own drink during his earlier embarrassment so he found his hands wholly without anything to do. It was, perhaps, what made his mouth run so much. "Besides, I want to hear more about you. You've already seen so much of my life but all I hear are the bad and the weird things you grew up with. There's got to be some stories you can share while we're shopping!" It would certainly keep his mind off his own own growing feelings and he had to admit that Priscilla intrigued him. He wanted to know everything he could about the young woman.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-17-2021, 01:39 AM

The young woman took another quick sip of her drink and found it starting to lose heat already. Priscilla wrinkled her nose at that, but smiled at Key right after. "Oh I definitively need to shop more to expand my wardrobe!" She fell into thoughtful silence when Key asked her about her life. It was difficult to think of fun things she could tell her friend, since she had no idea what "normal" life was like.

Finally Pris nodded to herself as she thought of a few stories Key would probably like. "Speaking of shopping, I often got invitations to visit the most exclusive showings of designer clothing. Oh, and the jewelery! I got to see things that royalty had worn in the past, and the most beautiful modern pieces. Of course my uniquely classic tastes made my sprees much smaller than the other invitees, but that certainly didn't make it any less fun! I think my favourite thing was getting invited to the auctions of vintage designer pieces." Her eyes were dreamy as she thought of the exquisite collection of clothing she'd gathered through the years. She would so love to show Key every single piece!

Maybe someday?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-23-2021, 09:39 PM

Key couldn't help his nerves as he waited for Priscilla to respond. He'd gotten so wrapped up in thinking about her, that he went ahead and asked questions, not expecting such a pause. Thankfully, she didn't leave him waiting long, drawing a soft smile from Key at her words. "What the hell. You really are something else, a girl from a different world! I can't imagine getting to see something like that. I've never owned anything designer myself..." he added with a small chuckle. It wasn't a loss, really. He had his own taste in clothes and one that often needed custom tailoring at that. He supposed he had his own experience because of that but he couldn't imagine a legitimate fashion show.

Shaking his head, Key finally got up to throw away his cup. He didn't sit back down but instead stood by the table, hands in his pockets as he pouted. "You really don't miss all of that? I know why you left and I would too! But..." He bit his lip. "I think I would like to see what you used to see. It's impossible huh? I should just say let's get on with our shopping but I'm stupidly hung up on things like this. I really mean it when I say I want to know everything about you, Pris!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-19-2021, 11:40 PM

Priscilla finished her drink in a few dainty sips and stood up to get rid of it just like Key had. She smiled nervously at Key's words. "I would want nothing more than to invite you into all the good parts of my world. I'd bring you to the most exclusive events if I could, because... Oh even it was wonderful, it was also very dull because I never had even a single friend to share it all with." It had been such a lonely life, and she hadn't even realized it before meeting Key! She wanted to give him a hug, again, but couldn"t bring herself to in the much busier cafe.

The brunette settled for stepping closer to her friend. "It's not strange to me that you want to know more, because I want to know ehat I can about you too!" Priscilla was surprised at the tone of earnestness in her own voice, but supposed it was alright. It was hoe she truly felt after all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2021, 09:38 PM

Key swallowed hard, sure that his cheeks were flushed bright red, but he couldn't think about that over the rush of emotions that filled him at Priscilla's words. She thought about him the same way he found himself so wrapped up in his present and her past. She wanted to know him and he just...he wanted to drop down and tell her everything he ever did in his entire life. He would do it if she asked. No hesitation to bare it all.

Finally ducking his gaze, Key tried to recover some semblance of reason before he really did do just that. "I understand but we probably look ridiculous standing here like this. They'll really start saying we're a couple, talking about knowing each other like this," he said with a small laugh just a tad shy of awkward. Still, he smiled and reached for Priscilla's hand, pulling her toward the door. "Besides, I want to go to a few more shops. My choice this time, though!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-27-2021, 08:30 AM

Priscilla felt her heart hammering against her chest, so much harder and louder than it should have been. She knew it was just her imagination, but the very idea of people looking at them and seeing a couple... It made her feel all warm and hopeful inside, even if she knew Key would likely never see her that way. Besides, she didn't even know what a real couple looked like, those brought together by love rather than for their mutual gain.

When Key took her hand, Priscila smiled back and let herself be pulled out of the cafe. She managed to laugh a little "I thought friends were supposed to get to know each other? And what store are we going to?" Key was sure to pick someplace amazing, and maybe he could explain to her why people would see them as a couple so she could make sure they didn't. How awkward would it be for Key, for people to think he was with someone he didn't like that way?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-05-2021, 08:36 PM

Key shook his head, still smiling with just a hint of awkwardness. "Friends should get to know each other. But other people think...well, they can think whatever they want. It's not like I've ever cared about people's stares." If he had, he wouldn't go out in the kind of clothing he wore today or stood next to Priscilla so that people might misunderstand. He would certainly never put on a skirt. Biting his lip, he tried to keep the flush off of his face as he looked at their clasped hands. Did Priscilla really not understand why people thought they were a couple? Did she not understand that Key might be thinking of her in that way?

"Ah, well. There is this one store I've been to a few times. It's at the end of the street, but I'm sure you'll like it. It's geek-themed!" he added with a giant grin. "Mario, My Hero Academia, Minecraft...it's all the popular things. You'll see and I'll get you to buy something for sure!" He loved that kind of style and the thought of pulling Priscilla, a girl with a name like Priscilla, into that world. Well, it was a grand thought indeed.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 03-25-2021 at 05:52 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-11-2021, 01:55 AM

Priscilla was content, simply enjoying being outside with Key's hand wrapped around hers. She couldn't believe how being out and about with him made the whole world seem ... magical and bright. A smile bloomes acroas her face as she tilted her head to peek at Key as he went on about the store he wanted to show her. Most of what he said went right over her head, but his enthusiasm was catching.

The brunette laughed happily and squeezed his hand shyky as they ambled along with the crowd. "So I guess I'll get to learn all about stuff you like in this place? That sounds like fun!" Maybe she'd even find a game she would like to play, something other than that party game. Maybe a game with the ability to design clothes?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-25-2021, 06:02 PM

Key laughed again as they walked. "Well, it's my dream that you'll like the kinds of things that I do. Anime and video games and weird little niche memes are some of the best things to make a person smile. Plus, it's really funny to get such a posh girl to wear that kind of merch," he added with a cheeky grin. Though, he had to admit that getting to know Priscilla proved she was much more than the overdressed woman that he met in a video game store. There was nothing to say she wouldn't like something as cute as Pusheen cat.

Finally reaching the store, Key pushed open the door that was decked out in various movie and video game posters. Even from first glance, it was obvious that this was a very different store from the last one that they walked in. Every surface was crammed with odd bobbles and ends with clothing racks against the walls and glass cases full of action figures, high-end figurines, and vintage comic books. It was a little bit of everything and it left Key stretching out his arms and crying out with bliss.

"Ah! Isn't this the best kind of store ever?!"