Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 AM

https://youtu.be/BOlJC3X5JgY

I found this video to be purty nifty. Watch if you dare.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-10-2017, 11:18 AM

*can't help but hear puss in boots in her head for the "if you dare" part*

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-10-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
*can't help but hear puss in boots in her head for the "if you dare" part*
I mean this as a dare to challenge one's preconceived notions.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-12-2018, 12:20 PM

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-27-2018, 09:15 PM

Mr. Wrong: - Do you have children or are you close to your parents? (This question is relevant to God, I promise.)

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-28-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Mr. Wrong: - Do you have children or are you close to your parents? (This question is relevant to God, I promise.)
No children. Never been married. And yes, I maintain close relationships with both parents.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-28-2018, 01:57 AM

Okay, let me ask you this. If God (or even Jesus) asks you to murder your parents or cast them aside, would you? Would you discard of your parents like they mean nothing to you?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Okay, let me ask you this. If God (or even Jesus) asks you to murder your parents or cast them aside, would you? Would you discard of your parents like they mean nothing to you?
Velvet:

My apologies to you for not noticing your posted questions here. I wasn't avoiding your question, but rather I didn't think to look here.

To clarify, when I mention God, I mean the God of the Christian bible. To me, use of the word God and Jesus is interchangeable.

God would never ask you or anyone else to murder or otherwise callously discard one's parents. The proof we have of this is in the Ten Commandments with Thou shalt not murder and Honor thy father and mother. Note that there are no stipulations that parents must be deemed worthy of being honored, but simply that we are to do as commanded.

I hope I don't come across as some hardliner, but there's so much confusion and deception in this world it is staggering and can be overwhelming if you truly pay attention to details and question what is presented as fact. I've always seen things as being either right or wrong with no "gray" area. A particular wrongdoing may have varying degrees of severity, but it's either good or bad.

I hope my answer is satisfactory. Was there something else you were getting at?

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 02:18 AM

Actually Mr. Wrong:,there is a good reason why I asked. A direct quote from the bible,
Quote:
"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me."
And the story continues with him saying that by not being worthy of him means you are not worthy of Heaven.

My children are more important than anything.

Jesus even mentions that someone is not worthy of following him if he can't drop everything right then and there. The man simply asked to say goodbye to his family. Jesus denied him.

Another man asked if he could join him after his ailing father died. Jesus denied him.

I just can't... follow it.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-19-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Actually Mr. Wrong:,there is a good reason why I asked. A direct quote from the bible,

And the story continues with him saying that by not being worthy of him means you are not worthy of Heaven.

My children are more important than anything.

Jesus even mentions that someone is not worthy of following him if he can't drop everything right then and there. The man simply asked to say goodbye to his family. Jesus denied him.

Another man asked if he could join him after his ailing father died. Jesus denied him.

I just can't... follow it.
I'm sure the following will provide the answers you seek.

Quote:
He that loveth father or mother more than me,.... The design of these words, is not at all to lessen the due affection of children to their parents; or to detract from the respect and esteem, in which they ought to be had by them: it is the duty of children, to love, honour, and, obey them; who have been the means of bringing them into the world, and of bringing them up in it; nor do any of the doctrines of Christ break in upon the ties and obligations of nature, or in the least set aside any of the duties of natural religion: but the intent of this passage is, to show, that as Christ is infinitely above all creatures, he is to be loved above the nearest and dearest relations and friends; being God over all blessed for ever, and also the Saviour and Redeemer; which itself, makes him more amiable and lovely than a common parent. That man therefore, that prefers father and mother to Christ, and their instructions, and orders, to the truths and ordinances of Christ: who, to please them, breaks the commands of Christ, rejects his Gospel, and either denies him, or does not confess him, our Lord says,

is not worthy of me; or, as in Munster's Hebrew Gospel, he is not , "fit for me": it is not fit and proper, that such a person should name the name of Christ, or be called by his name, and should be reckoned one of his disciples; he is not fit to be a member of the church of Christ on earth, nor for the kingdom of heaven, but deserves to be rejected by him, and everlastingly banished his presence: for otherwise no man, let him behave ever so well, is worthy of relation to Christ, and interest in him; or of his grace, righteousness, presence, kingdom and glory. The same is the sense of the following clause,

and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me: whoever, to gratify a child, drops the profession of Christ, renounces his Gospel, and neglects his commands, it is not proper and convenient that he should bear the name of Christ, be accounted one of his, or be treated as such, but all the reverse.
God is a loving and merciful God and isn't going to put you in a position where you get hurt by doing right before Him. Nor is He asking that you cease loving your parents or children. When you put God first in your life, He will reward you. God created your parents and your children and loves them every bit as much as you.

The biggest problem people have with the bible, that I find, is the ease in which a verse or passage is taken out of context. There's almost always a greater context than what can initially be understood. The bible is deep and rich with meaning, and can't be read hastily lacking a desire to understand fully what is written.

A prime example of this is Jesus commanding that one judge not lest ye be judged. Some folks have used this passage to avert the eyes of others aways from their own sins. This is just awful. A perfunctory reading of scripture if there ever was one.

I hope this gives you a meaningful answer you can benefit from.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 05-19-2018 at 09:41 AM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 02:39 PM

And I appreciate that. Truly. It is why I am reading a book based solely on Jesus' life. To understand him.

But I cannot get past his... behavior.

For example - He completely left John the Baptist to rot and eventually die in the cell. He was on his way to free him at one point, but was distracted by his work and never tried to have him freed. They were family. I understand he always wanted to put God's work first, but sometimes I think family is just more important. What kind of God would prefer you to carry out his work instead of saving your own family?

And yes, Jesus provided thousands of people food and saves many lives. But his lack of empathy for his own cousin is baffling.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-20-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
And I appreciate that. Truly. It is why I am reading a book based solely on Jesus' life. To understand him.

But I cannot get past his... behavior.

For example - He completely left John the Baptist to rot and eventually die in the cell. He was on his way to free him at one point, but was distracted by his work and never tried to have him freed. They were family. I understand he always wanted to put God's work first, but sometimes I think family is just more important. What kind of God would prefer you to carry out his work instead of saving your own family?

And yes, Jesus provided thousands of people food and saves many lives. But his lack of empathy for his own cousin is baffling.
Quote:
Revelation 21:4 KJV And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
God has a plan for all of us, and simply because we don't understand what it is, does not mean He has forsaken us or our loved ones.

Revelation 21:4 is a verse you will want to ponder deeply.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 07-26-2018, 08:17 PM

Is there a poll?

I find that I tend to agree with Neil Degrasse Tyson and his ideals about any god.

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-31-2018, 09:57 PM

Asking if a (specific) god(ess) exists is a matter of faith.

Any religion can pull from their religious texts to 'prove' themselves when asked questions - but in the end it's your faith that makes it true (or untrue).

There will never be one correct answer that satisfies everyone. The answer to "Does God Exist?" will depend on the person.

It's the inability to accept that there is more than one truth, and that your truth may be different to someone else that keeps this debate going (not this specific debate - but the belief in religion as a whole), despite the fact that there is no right or wrong answer.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-02-2018, 02:26 AM

If there is a God, he is a cruel vicious child with a magnifying glass and an anthill.
A perfect being that watches as children suffer, as families are horribly torn apart, where innocent animals are in agony, and still requires perfect obedience and faith, can be nothing but cruel.

No I don't believe in a supreme being. I believe in people, and what we are capable of, both good and evil.
But in no way do I try to influence others. If you wish to believe in a benevolent god, that is your choice, and I shall continue in mine.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 08-11-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
If there is a God, he is a cruel vicious child with a magnifying glass and an anthill.
A perfect being that watches as children suffer, as families are horribly torn apart, where innocent animals are in agony, and still requires perfect obedience and faith, can be nothing but cruel.

No I don't believe in a supreme being. I believe in people, and what we are capable of, both good and evil.
But in no way do I try to influence others. If you wish to believe in a benevolent god, that is your choice, and I shall continue in mine.
Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:4 (KJV) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:4 (New Living Translation) Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
God did not create man or earth with the intentions of either being perfect. That is what He made heaven for. Why would God create two perfect places for humanity to live? This makes no sense. And even if God created earth and mankind to be perfect, what then would our purpose be?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 02:11 AM ----------

Any master you choose to serve demands obedience. Even if you choose to serve yourself, aren't you always striving to do just that?

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 08-11-2018 at 09:13 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-23-2018, 07:42 AM

Your coded message of the day:
Quote:
There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am

SpiritualDoveDivine