Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-24-2008, 04:08 PM

So I had this idea to have a writing contest. I figured why not see who enjoys doing something I do?!?!

So for this contest, you can write a song, a poem, a short story, or just about anything that is creative. I would like to ask that you keep it somehow related to this time of year no matter the holiday you celebrate.

The winner will get a nice prize from me! hehe, Make sure the work is your own please...oh and all entries must be submitted to me through pm, before the 2nd of January.

I might also just give a prize away to a kind person who sticks around for this. Oh and you can enter more than once, just no more than 3 times please. other than that stick around and have fun!

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-24-2008, 04:09 PM

So I'll save this post for now....

You can now post!

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-24-2008, 07:21 PM

Ok so.....yeah no one seems interested in this contest....I hope everyone has a happy holiday though

Incognito Sabellian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-24-2008, 09:09 PM

hi moondey love your background

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 PM

thank you very much, I love your avi, so cute! Are you having a good holiday so far?

Incognito Sabellian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-24-2008, 09:17 PM

its okay i guess

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-24-2008, 10:34 PM

did something happen? or nothing at all?

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 12-24-2008, 11:46 PM

Hiz!!! WOW!!!! Another Writing Contest?!? Hope you will get some people to write here and I know I will be, since I LOVE to write.

*begins plot*

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 AM

Wow thanks Inkhart...please try to keep it short if you are doing a story....and I hope a few others will try this....

Call Me Anabel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Call Me Anabel

Old 12-25-2008, 12:21 AM

Ok, I think I'm gonna write sumthing... I love writing, but what???

Hmm... I think I'll get my inspiration from today ^^

Euphor!a
Feeling better now

Old 12-25-2008, 12:23 AM

I'll try it out^^ When should we have the entires by?(Sorry if the question is a little stupid ><)

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-25-2008, 12:33 AM

No question is stupid, and thank you both for wanting to be apart of this as well! ^^ The entries should be in no later than the 2nd. I'm not sure whether I said that already or not so there ya go!

Call Me Anabel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-25-2008, 01:16 AM

I sat down at the table laden with multicoloured varieties of food that must have smelt great. Must have, I thought, as I gingerly blew my blotchy nose into a hankie and stuffed it back in my pocket.
I thanked my mum as ske passed me my plate. I looked at it to realise with both pleasure and regret that it was champaigne-poached salmon and potatoes in a delicious cream sauce. I love this dish. I lift my gaze up to see my Dad pouring me some bubbley into a tall flute. Even more champaigne! Now, under normal circumstances I wouldn't have said no to that, but its somewhat different now.

I've had a bad headache all day, but I'm against taking any kind of meds, so I normally just grit my teeth and bare it. Except that today was so stressful - the builders had just finished redecorating my kitchen, I've been labouriously moving furniture all day, my back is killing me, I was in a frantic rush to do some last minute present wrapping, and then had to get ready to go out to see a show at the Royal Albert Hall. Then run back, help make dinner, decorate the tree.... I should be happy. I had a great day.
Except I'm not. Happy. In fact, everything is just getting on my nerves, and I'm seening the bad side in people, instead of the good. I feel like Scrooge. Of all the days to feel like crap and not give a rat's backside about anything, it had to be on Christmas Eve, didn't it?

I got so pissed of earlier as I realised my exam deadline was looming dangerously close and I hadn't done a scrap of work for the past few days, I let my resolve down and gave in to what I'd kept myself away from the whole day. I nearly ran to my wardrobe, and flinging open the doors I rummaged under some clothes until my hand brushed against cold glass, and a smile formed on my lips. It was about 4 in the evening, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. Without any hesitation, I unscrewed the lid, threw my head back and took a huge swig out of the vodka bottle. And then another. I eyed the bottle wearily. Ah, what the hell, a bit more wont hurt, will it?

Now, sitting at the table, my head feeling like it's going to crack open from the pain, I regret what I did earlier. No, scracth that. I just regret getting a headache this morning, not that I could do anything about that.
'Mum, have you got some Ibuprofen, or something. I've just got a really bad headache.' I smile at her apologetically, as if I'm letting everyone down. And I feel like I am, what with my grey mood and everything.
My mum looks at me, and then shifts her eyes to the glass of champaigne next to my plate.
'Yeah, I've got some upstairs. But I don't think that champaigne is going to be a good idea, alcohol and drugs don't really mix well together.'
Argh. I swear silently. You can never win, can you?
'No, that's OK, thanks anyway', I say, as I take up the flute of champaigne.
My Dad goes through a small toast, to the family (some of them came from Paris to join us this year), the house, Christmas.
I'm half way through my dinner, glass nearly empty, when pain sears through my head, and I reach forward to cup my forehead in my hands.
'Are you OK?', my mum looks ate me slightly worried, 'You sure you don't want some Ibuprofen?'
She's nearly standing when I wave a hand dismissevly, telling her not to worry.
'I can't let the champaigne go to waste, can I?' I try to smile at her, but from my wincing I'm aware it probably more like a grimace.
'Even if it just makes the pain worse?'
'It's like a great pair of shoes, you just gotta put up with the pain, don't you?'

I know it's total rubbish, but there it is. A quick summary of today.... As if you'd want to know

Last edited by Call Me Anabel; 12-25-2008 at 07:05 PM..

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-25-2008, 02:32 AM

um sweety? Anabel? wow, I hope that isn't an entry.....but wow very interesting day

leasfy
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to leasfy

Old 12-25-2008, 02:35 AM

hello there people :D

Incognito Sabellian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-25-2008, 05:19 PM

no nothing happend

Call Me Anabel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-25-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondey View Post
um sweety? Anabel? wow, I hope that isn't an entry.....but wow very interesting day

Ahem.. yeah, it was meant to be an entry. I should have at least put a warning at the top :sweat: If you like, think of it as fiction.
I guess I wasn't really thinking while I wrote it though. And it's a wonder that its at least half comprehensible, I hadn't read through what I had written, it just kinda came out. But what didn't come through int the writing was the ungrateful-b***h-at-christmas that I was feeling and wanted to put down. I needed a lot more of that.

And before you start thinking that I'm some awful drunk, I'm not. I swear :angel:
Well, at least today was good. But, catching my reflection in the glass, lips drawn wide in a smile, I could almost fool myself into thinking I was happy. What is wrong with me? I swear, I need to see a shrink. However much I despise them, I'm also quite afraid of what they might have to say.

Anyway guys, Hope You Have A Very Merry Christmas!!!

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM

Ok Anabel, sweety, what you should do is edit it up a lil bit, actually look at it. then send it to me in a pm ok? Thats how all entries are to be sent in and counted ok? thank you darling

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 AM

soo....so far there have been zero entries I can actually count....Sorry Anabel darling....so yeah hurry up with those entries or I'll be forced to keep the winnings....

Call Me Anabel
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-30-2008, 02:04 AM

Uh, Ok Moondey darlin, sorry about that. I somehow managed to read all your posts, bar 'all entries must be submitted through pm' bit...
And honey, I don't think I can be asked to rewrite it, to be honest. I quite like it, the way its raw and honest...
And yes, I'm aware that there's so much unexplained stuff, but unless you were me, I don't think many people would get it anyway... So yay for freaky mysteries :heart:

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 AM

Alright sweety, send it as it is. thats fine with me, I like it that way. hehe. I prefer to be honest even if my work is fiction. it give it a more real feeling. just pm it to me and you'll be entered....even though you will be the only entry....hehe good for you I guess

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 01-01-2009, 01:03 AM

I'm doing right now, if you want an update, haven't had any time this week, and I just got some so, I'll pm my entry to you in about an hour or two. I gotta warn you it might a little bit... big, I'll try to keep it short though.

Moondey
Hardly here

Old 01-01-2009, 09:20 PM

welcome inkhart! glad to know that you are still interested! I read your entry and I rather enjoyed it, though there were a few mistakes, it was very good. The mistakes were very minor so now fowl.

hehe, other than that ladies and gents inkhart is the only one to actually send me their entries so so far she is the only one winning, so you have until tomorrow to send those entries in. Good Luck!

Incognito Sabellian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 AM

sorry i didn't enter because im not good at writing things (only write what i feel and well it just wouldn't fit as a entry sorry :( )

LoversEnd
It is only until you see the sun...

Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 AM

>.> When's the deadline for this? xD I can write something up with me and my girlfriend's OCs eventually I'm sure. xD