Phauq Kyng Yu

Old 11-24-2009, 07:15 AM

For me, love is defined by three characteristics: the first is respect, the basis of love for me; the second is comfort, which is how feel about someone in a physical situation; and finally, there is trust, how comfortable I am with a someone personally. See I had a discussion with a friend that brought up the subject, and for her, to be in love required most of what I consider love, granted sexuality is a must. So now, after this discussion, I find myself evaluating everyone's possible perception of love, based on this new found perception of love...well new to me that is. For me, love & lust are two independent pieces of an equation; and lust isn't really a word I use often. The closet thing to Lust for me is "like".

I use the word like only in two instances
  1. The level of interest in an aqauintence
  2. My sexually interest in a person(Usually used when in an awkward situation)

Plus I also use the more general definitions of the word like.

Now, I know that you're probably demanding that I get the point; well, do to my fairly broad concept of love, I have experienced that it does not match very well with idea of others. So, I have lately gotten slightly more stress than usually; been accused of using girls, which is something I find both appalling & upsetting; as well as finally having a normally positive & clean perception of the world, tarnished to an extent.

I will probably wake up tomorrow with a smile on my face, and preform the mundane and monotonous task that life demands of me with the optimism of a young hopeful child. But gosh gee oh my golly, it is pain to have people you love attempting to get you to...change I guess. Look, I am aware that there are some horrible things that have, are, and will be happening; at any point in the world, and at any time. But I never wanted to become my mother, a woman who is afraid of the world around her; or my father, a man who thinks of everyone as some sort of deviant beings who's intent is to ruin you.

Those ideas are the ideas are reject on a daily basis, and it is a little difficult to hold your ground; especially when seem to be the only one you know who thinks that particular way. I love my family though, and I know and continue to get to know alot people at school; I just don't like that people I thought I had gone over this discussion with, misinterpret the way I conduct my life.

I did not goto a public school system until this year!

I am really not quite clear on how things work. For crying out loud, every close friend is like an extension of family rather than some guy or gal I know. So I'm sorry if my view isn't normal, but I can't help it. I was brought up with a strong emphasis on family; ironically though, my blood family seems to give off this "Obligated Love", and that really isn't making me feel better about anything. Atleast with my friends, I know I earned that loved; I know that I am a truly likable person, and not just said to be one.

Eh, but hell, to ramble on anymore will be to bore anyone reading to tears. So to you, I ask the Question, if your still reading up until this point, can you tell me how you define love?

pristinel
Tricycle motor

Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 AM

love is butterflies in my tummy when he walks in the room,
love is smiling ear to ear because I know I'll see him soon.
love is trusting him to lead me on when I take his hand and close my eyes,
love is such an amazingly, chaotic, crazy beautiful, blessing in disguise.
love is flashes of heat straight through your body when he's near,
love is those little moments that sparkle and make life dear.
love is knowing that that person has always got your back,
love is when you know they'd be next to you even if you wore a sack!
love is this thing that is everything, and nothing, and more,
love is something that trying to define will make your head sore!

It's also something that will tend to apparently make me all rhyme-y. Ha.
I think you've put a lot into your topic, but honestly...
you may make your head explode.
Really.

Last edited by pristinel; 11-24-2009 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: :D

Cherish
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Love is when you can have a farting competition with someone, and still find them sexy afterwards.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 PM

@ Cherish * you just made me laugh... Well done...

For me love is more than just a lover... Wait let me back up.

Firstly, anyone thats important to me, and one time or another is called 'Love'. Male, female, friend, boyfriend. I love the people that I care about.

I love my family in the same manner. They are important to me, I would hate if something happened to them. They are also my 'Loves'.

Then theres interests. I 'love' mythology, vampires, welding, graphic design, pandas (you get the idea).

As for boyfriends, I'm with Pristinel's cute little rhyme. Love is when your heart skips a beat just thinking about him. Love is trusting him to keep you safe.

And then theres just the fun Sexual love. This ties deeply into the idea of trust. How can you trust someone you don't love?