FatlinMara
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-29-2010, 03:13 PM

*Warning long and stupidly over dramatic story coming up*

Alright so my situation is this:
I have a bunch of guy friends that I ONLY LIKE AS FRIENDS, and I've made this clear to them. I don't want a realtionship with any of them because it's way to frikkin' complicated.
I sort of had a thing with this one guy freshman year (we'll call him G) and realized I didn't really like him as anything more than a friend, so he and I are friends now but he still likes me. Now I have another friend (he'll be M) and he's apparently liked me since freshman year and wants to ask me out (my roomie/ best friend (well call her B) is my informant on this matter because this guys is roomies with her BF) And then there's this other friend who pretty much out of the blue confessed his love for me (he's called J) I don't like him either, but he out right asked me out. All three of these guys are also friends with eachother but J and M are moreso "frienemies" so I'm alittle curious about J's motives. I however don't like and am not attracted to either of them. They don't meet what i like in a guy but the guy I'm head over heels about unfortunately has a girlfriend :/ and there are two other guys I like but I barely ever see them, which sucks. Now B wants me to go out with our friend M because she feels he's had a hard life and really likes me. I think G is or has started to give up on liking me and J is just a jerk alot of the times, but is also mr sensitive like G and M. I don't want to hurt any of them because I like them all as JUST FRIENDS. I feel stuck because I ask people for help and they're like "it's just a date" but I don't want to date any of them, I don't like any of them that way and really don't want to encourage the idea of dating me and the other response is "then don't date them" and I don't want to hurt their feelings! They're waaaaaay more sensitive than me (which I personally find annoying because I like guys with spines). The amount of drama going on in my life right now is SO ANNOYING! I HATE drama and would LOVE for it to go away. Any advice, similar situations, etc would be MUCH appreciated! :drool:

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

if you don't want to date any of them dont. You shouldn't let your friend pressure you into dating M, simply because he's had a 'hard life'. It's your life, make your choices. There really isn't much more to say.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-29-2010, 05:14 PM

Syraannabelle is right - You don't have to date them.

Think about it. If you somehow got a date with the guy of your dreams, wouldn't you be crushed to find out that he didn't actually like you? That he had to be talked into it by his friends? It would be completely unfair to these boys to drag them along and tease them with the idea of a romantic relationship.

So it may feel cruel, but you just have to tell them that you aren't interested like that. Just say no and tell everyone else to but out of your love life. You can still be friends with these guys, I'm sure, just make it clear that you like them platonicly. :yes:

exsultate
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM

I agree with the above posters. Don't pity date. I did that once. It didn't end up well and I pretty much lost the friendship I had with him. I mean, we're still friends, kind of, but it's FAR from how it used to be and could have been.
Anyway, so the guy you REALLY like is in a relationship? I guess you should move on from him and meet other people. Unless their relationship is unstable! ;) Then you just have to wait it out. Just don't date anyone you don't like! You'll regret it! It's totally not worth it.

FatlinMara
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 PM

Thank you guys! This is really helpful! :)

MedievalBeauty
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-31-2010, 01:45 AM

I wouldn't date any of them, if you don't have feelings for them then don't go out with them, because they'll get in the end.

Nissa
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-02-2010, 02:46 PM

I have to agree with the others. As far as hurting feeligns, feelings will be hurt here. There is no question about that. But some hurt feelings do not compare with a big 'Hurt feelings, fake relationship, time spent together getting even closer, etc.' kind of hurt.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-02-2010, 07:15 PM

I think it's sad a man has to put a guilt trip to try to keep a girl in his life when she is clearly not in love with him. I totally agree with everyone else, don't give someone a relationship because you were pressured into it, you do it because you love them and WANT to be with them, otherwise you are wasting your time and passing up opportunities at love that could be very real in your life.

Renee the Rabid Squirrel
Renee the Rabid Squirrel
Send a message via AIM to Renee the Rabid Squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to Renee the Rabid Squirrel

Old 08-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Definitely agree with the above posters - do not ever let yourself get guilted into going out on a date you don't want to be in. That will cause all sorts of trouble.

They might be hurt you don't want to go out with them, but they'd be more hurt that you were pity dating them. Also, if you've already told them you just want to be friends and nothing else, they need to respect that. If they aren't, have a hard talk with them.