sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 PM

does anyone else have other ideas to improve menewsha (on a negative budget?)

Flish
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Referral rewards, perhaps? *purrs* Set at both small and large goalposts.

That would encourage people to mention "Oh hey, you should join Mene. It's fun."

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-02-2011, 02:14 AM

but what would the rewards be? golds? i think it could work but i do not know how to do it since we have no budget to work on

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 08-02-2011, 02:16 AM

Gold for advertising is a bad idea. People may just spam the link everywhere they can. I don't think the other sites would appreciate it, even if we did get more members.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-02-2011, 02:39 AM

with a limit? maximum 10hits per person so that way they cant spam because they wouldnt get gold that way

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 08-02-2011, 03:19 AM

Hey Sizzla: I'd be willing to help you out with the newsletter if you want.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Wow, from 2009?! I had no idea... o Ao
(Shame on me!) I just went searching for Mene stuff on those sites to see if there was any.
Maybe a link to it could be added in one of the guides, Newbie Guide or something like that? P:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
Yeah, I do agree that the newsletter is something we should do more often. It kind of got left by the wayside when the coded events did. T_T Plus, as jelly mentioned, I have been crazy busy over the past few months with my real job and my personal life, and have barely found time for Menewsha, let alone create a newsletter.

Now that work has slowed down a bit, I'd think we could get the newsletters together more often. :yes: Not sure if it'll happen and be all fancy-like for the upcoming event, but for events further on down the line, and for site announcements, CI releases, etc., we can totally make the newsletter happen again. :yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
Hey Sizzla: I'd be willing to help you out with the newsletter if you want.
Oooh yes. I feel the life of the newsletter returning! :eager:
Even without it being fancy, I think maybe if someone disappears for a while and then sees an email from Menewsha, they'll think "Oh yeah, that site! I should check it out again."

---
I think that just about any idea to increase site activity has the potential to be exploited. =\ I suppose it's just kind of weighing the pros and cons of it.
Referral rewards seems neat. I think we'd need to have some extra restrictions though. Like the new account has to have at least 10 posts or something before you can get your gold. Or something along those lines. :s

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 08-02-2011 at 06:00 AM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 08-02-2011, 04:38 AM

A successful register? Could also be exploited. Those tricky people on proxies who change their IP could make a new account, pretend to be a referred person, and get their own gold from a trick. If it did work, though, I mean without exploits, it'd be great.

Flish
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 AM

The limit would be that you couldn't advertise on sites that forbid it, and a person might have to say, make five posts before you get the rewards. Maybe they could be items or something. *nods* Each person you get to join using your referral link would earn you one referral point or something. *nods* Other sites have rules about referral links from other sites, that's what controls it on their end.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 AM

*goes deap into her brain trying to think* the newsletter may be a good thing but if people are anything like me they wont read it umm i remember gaia got more popular after it introduced daily chance and if it was altered to say per actual post of over 9 words once a day a mystery box would appear on the corner of the page it would encourage people to post and an increase in posts may create a more preferable site for all leading to more referrals ^^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-02-2011, 06:27 AM

The problem with items like that is they become almost "junk". Like the eggs from Easter last year. Nobody really wants them. They have gone up in price recently, but not much. Any items that are easy to get, nobody will want. It's not a good thing, but it's what happens.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM

so what about an item contest wheere people will develop ideas for new items it will make people feel more importnt and appreciated plus bring in some fresh item ideas that can lead to some pretty cute avatars ^^

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM

I don't think more items creates more members.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 PM

no but the prospect of wearing an item you designed on a website may get a few more artists interested because alot of artist love challenges

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 PM

nuuu...let us hope it never dies.

Now granted it is slower then say....two years ago, but its faster then one year ago.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-06-2011, 01:59 AM

well if it is faster than last year that is good but i want it back to how it was two years ago

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Get all your friends to sign up then :)

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 PM

that would work if i had real life friends i have friends on menewsha

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 08:06 PM

an event that gives you rare items that people really want.
'free' itmes always bring in members.
on another site they rewarded a NHB for reading comics.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 PM

@hummy- Mene already does have such events

@requiem- Hopefully one day it will be back there ^.^

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-07-2011, 05:07 AM

i hope i hope so alot

triforcebear

Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
It is rather unfair to compare us to behemoths like Neopets, because they are owned by Nickelodean and will have a budget of hundreds of thousands of dollars, where as we are self-funded and our budget consists solely of what we get from donations.
In my personal opinion, neopets isn't that fun anymore. Nickelodean ruined everything about it. Everything now is "Hey, you can make this better by buying this stuff with real money you or your parents work hard to earn."
And the forums used to have a nice, homey feel, now it's overrun with the trolls.
I love it here because you guys take time to talk and listen to us, so that you hear our suggestions.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-12-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triforcebear View Post
I love it here because you guys take time to talk and listen to us, so that you hear our suggestions.
That is why menewsha wins <3 i love mene

Flish
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-15-2011, 12:25 AM

To help with Mene money issues, Kinny suggests letting the users bribe the staff/pixelists with mennies for custom items. *nods* Kinny has seen that DEFINITELY work, and if the items became shop-available afterwords for gold [at a high price] or mennies [at a lower price, since the original bribe price would have to be pretty high, Kinny thinks], that would be incentive for people to pay for mennies for that opportunity. There would be rules about what could be commissioned, of course. Kinny isn't sure what they would be, since he isn't staff or admin, but there would have to be rules. =D;

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
@hummy- Mene already does have such events

@requiem- Hopefully one day it will be back there ^.^

i was meaning like rewards of rare hard to get items.
such as a ninja headband or halo or wings or horns or pitchforks.
that seems to bring in lots of members who usually don't stop by.