R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Its funny to me, this is the only site I have ever been on in my life that I would consider the people on the other end of the computer my friends. I feel like I know a few of them so well, that yes I would consider them friends. They have seen me through some pretty rough patches in my life and I am grateful to menewsha for the simple magic it possesses. Its my home away from home.
This paragraph gave me goosebumps.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-29-2013, 04:40 AM

Let's see...

When i first joined I was coming from gaia that i was absolutely fed up with. I was sick of not feeling like i belonged anywhere, and i had no interest in any of the threads that it had anymore. But i wanted an avatar community because i enjoy them so much. (my first being neopets....)
So i started reading the rules and trying to figure out the differences and see if I would like it. i was intrigued. (actually found it from facebook advertisement i think) The auto feed thing that is currently broken really attracted me in. It's an amazing feature O.o which I of course found out later to my delight could cause me to pop up the error of you are posting to fast. ALL THE TIME. which amused me and made me giggle.

But what got me to stay was because i found the spy feature and i decided to try my hand at an rp that i saw that was a free open thing for "hey i'm awake, come rp with me!" It turned into something amazing. And from there the community of this site just spread around me in its warmth of awesomeness and I haven't been able to leave since. I love everyone here so much.

I'm not even sure how i got out of my rp shell. but now i post in so many places i never have subscriptions completely gone. xD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-29-2013, 07:16 AM

Menewsha to me is like sleep and eating (our two favorite topics!)
Once we're done eating we have this wonderful full feeling, and once we are done sleeping we feel refreshed. :D

When I first joined in 2007, it was almost time for the halloween event, (best events ever back then) and those events really pulled me in. Everyone trying to help each other out with finding the hidden NPCs that gave the EIs. I spent about a year working toward the oriental fan, favorite item. By the time that had happened I met too many wonderful people to leave as a hiatus shortly after getting the oriental fan came to show.

My favorite part of menewsha is probably only a handful of users (though I'd happily talk to most of you) because no matter how bit of a pain in the butt I am to deal with they're always there to talk to.
Ivvy is a big one, big heart and kind, hummy is too. Then there's Dae, I talk to so little yet I'm always so excited to see her finding the time in her busy life to post. Then there is dystopia, who as weird as she is brightens my day even if she did keep getting me addicted to imgur...
Then there's TheEmpressofEvil, Ling, Phantomsangel, CrossHatch, Ettilai, llonka, Roachi, and so many more who are my many reasons to come back every time I disappear. And yes old lady Jelly, you're one of the biggest reasons :) you made this site very wonderful with not only your influence, taking the time to talk with us at our level, but that you work so hard to make this site better for all of us, even when we are sick and being nagged to go to bed.

I would say with all these wonderful people... who understand me better than my own family (not sayin' much but still bear with me) being on the internet most of my time Menewsha is like a little home for me. Welcomed home with open arms and smiles.

While some of us leave and never come back, some of us leave and rarely come back, and some of us can't seem to log off... I think menewsha has had an effect on all of us in some way or another, and that too is amazing. There are thousands of sites I've been to which have made a miniscule impact on my every day life. Yet on Menewhsa, I sometimes wonder how Ivvy is doing raising her children, worrying about jelly when she's sick or working too hard, wondering what various users are up to, and just spending a lot of my offline time with Menewsha in mind.

While I struggle with the word "friend", and calling someone such, I'd say you guys/gals are pretty dang special :)
And I will be on menewsha for as long as I can.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 AM

Even if I'm just "the other Kat" to most people it's nice to be recognised. It's better than in person because you don't need to panic about getting a name wrong.

x-cutie-x-pie-x got me to join Mene from Gaia. I used to just lurk in her exchange thread and it took me about a year (if not longer) to feel confident enough to make my own. Just last event I managed to make a hangout in the event forum so after five years I might be getting there. I can't RP or do art or anything creative but people still have time to just chat and hangout.

(Psst, virtual keyboard is handy if you have broken/stuck keys.)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Its only the truth. I love you guys. You make me smile even if I want to scream. And you guys certainly make me laugh.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-29-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
It's how i feel as well!

RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 AM

Like Mageling, and many others, I came from Gaia, and at first was very hesitant to even join at first. I think I spied around as much as I could a few times in the fall, before finally joining just before the start of the Winter Nights event of 2008. Much to my surprise, I was fairly active for me for the first event or two, but sadly I dropped off to practically no activity in between the events. Once I had found a few friends with whom to chat regularly, I was active, if only in their threads. I can say with all honesty, that pretty much everyone I've come in contact with have been among the kindest people I have had opportunity to chat with, and get to know.

Being on Menewsha has drawn me a bit out of my shell, but unfortunately I am still hesitant to jump into a conversation a lot of the time. Heck, I even spend most every day that I am logged on, lurking around trying to find somewhere to insert myself into the conversation going on, or to make conversation with people that I see all the time, but can't find anything to talk about. Sadly, the few threads I had been active in previously are practically deserted, and as such I've been looking for other homes to chat in, as well as trying to move out of just one forum and spread out into some of the others.

Unfortunately, I think that most progress I had made in coming out of my shell here on Mene has been reversed mainly by the fact that over the last year or so, real life has just taken over a lot of my free time, and my schedule has been flipped around in a crazy way. But, I'm hoping that with some determination, I can get back to more regular posting, and being more active, rather than sitting and lurking all day, before attempting to make any posts.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 AM

Maybe it's for the best that so many have come here as a way to escape all the shit from other areas of the internet. Now they know what it's like to be a part of an actual community for once.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM

Indeed Risque, there's no real community in my neighborhood so having one here is nice

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 PM

All those things said previously. Even on art sites I join I don't feel that big of a connection to people. Menewsha is different though.

Also I'm a pixel addict...is it Aug 1st yet? *scratches* MAMA NEEDS HER FIX!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-31-2013, 10:09 PM

PAA (Pixel Addicts Anonymous) meeting next week Neph don't be late

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 07-31-2013, 10:22 PM

I love how we're all just like "PIXELS~" twice a month. We just drop what we're doing and wait for the announcements.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 PM

And then there's the drool fest for events where we "overdose"

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 PM

lol yeah talk about you major binders. XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 PM

Someone should create a PAA thread. Humerous, but yes....some of us can't get enough.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Have a bi-monthly contest on guessing the CI? :D

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 12:28 AM

That could be really interesting, actually.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 AM

Yus!

And when event time comes we could have an event hangout where we talk about the event items instead.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 AM

We will want an underswamped user to do it though... someone like hummy is already stretched pretty thin

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect hummy to try to take it on, she's already doing so much. But this is still not a bad idea to try out, although I do want to see how this first guessing game ends up. I want to see if there really were clues that we were left, or if the CI is something totally out of left field.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 AM

I dunno... but I realllly want wishie and howdy's joke comments to be true T_T

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 02:00 AM

Lol I think all of us kind of do.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM

What joke comments.

Did any of them involve a hula hoop?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM

No hula hoops... but pokemon and taxes were mentioned o.o

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Interesting......for sure.

I still ascertain that I want a hula hoop.