kionaredhawk
Purple magic swirls and undulate...

Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM

(Er...what'd I miss :( Unless my last post was a page ago...i can read that much...)

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 07:13 PM

((Your last post was on page 10 towards the middle/end))

kionaredhawk

Old 01-11-2011, 07:20 PM

(Got it, thanks :) )

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 PM

((No problem:)))

kionaredhawk

Old 01-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Archen nods. "Of course, your majesty. See you in two hours." He galloped over to the stables and instead of the usual and taking care of his how horse, he gave her a quick kiss on the nose and let the stablehand take care of her.
He would have stayed with his queen but he had to do what she bid. It took him about an hour and a half to get all the things set up and the messages sent that Sanabria had dictated.Once that was done, he asked around to see if he could find Madela. They had to meet Sanabria in twenty minutes.
Finally figuring it out, he went back to the stables and leaned against the building, waiting for the woman to ride back. He hoped she would get there shortly so that the Queen wouldn't be kept waiting. As he leaned there, his mind was whirling with different things.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 PM

Angelo smiled when they finally made it back to the stables, he had to walk Xantos around a while to cool him down after the run, Medela had pulled ahead of him though, but he didn't worry about it, he even noticed Archen against the barn. He had a serious look on his face as he got of the Queen's horse and let one of the stable hands take care of him, after all every horse was taken care of differently and not only that it was the Queen's horse and he didn't need to sabotage it. He walked over towards Kou, getting him ready to leave, sadly much like the Queen he was pressed for time and can't really stick around or eat at the moment. "I must apologize, Medela. I have some buisness that i must attend to. I hope that you eat and don't forget to tell Sanabria to take a day to pamper her self." he said with a smile as he waved at them, before getting onto Kou and ridding off once more, sadly he couldn't stick around even though he would like to, even if it is for some more information.

Artemis12
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Loragorn responded quickly when his attack was avoided. He parried the Saveyn's combo of forward thrusts with several circular motions of his own spear tip and then dodged the sweep. He anticipated the diagonal slash and blocked it. While he may have had an advantage in experience with the weapon he could already tell that his knight would prove a tricky a opponent anyway. He feighed an upward hit with the blunt end of his spear but then turned the move into a downward slash with the bladed end. Then feigning a feight he went for a hit to Saveyn's shoulder with the blunt end.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Madela had already given Raja to a stable hand when Angelo came over. When he left she smiled and waved goodbye to him. It had been a fun day and Madela wished that it could have last longer. Looking to her right she noticed a man leaning against the building. "Hello? Can I help you with something?" Madela called out to him. By the look on his face she could he was thinking many things at once.

kionaredhawk

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM

Archen came out of his reverie and smiled at Madela. "Good afternoon, Lady Madela. Queen Sanabria has requested our presence in her office in..." He looked up at the sun. "About five minutes. I'm sorry to have to catch you just returning from your ride but I'm afraid her majesty awaits us. I'm sure we can request something to drink if you need it on our way there." He turned as if to go but waiting to allow the woman to take the lead.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 PM

Madela looked down to her clothes and frowned. They were dirty from the ride but she didn't havetime to make herself more presentable. "Umm sure." Walking she passed the man but slowed so she could keep pace with him. "May I ask your name sir?"

kionaredhawk

Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 PM

Archen smiled at the woman as he followed her with easy strides. "Archen. You may call me Arch if you wish." He did not use his title because he preferred people to treat him as they normally would...even if that meant as the young boy he looks like. Although that doesn't keep some from figuring out who he is. He wondered briefly if this woman knew his name. Not many knew it for who he is. Most of the staff and things think he's just a boy who's always on hand to help, or a squire sometimes. "You are an archer, are you not?" He inquired, even though he already knew the answer.

idril
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 PM

Sanabria rushed into the kitchen and ordered an eggplant sandwich. She started when she saw Mira and Resa sitting there.
Cousin! Hello!Resa said quickly. She turned to Mira and whispered quickly. Not a word about matchmaking!
Hello, Mira. Resa. I need you two in my office. Some things have come up and we need to talk strategy. Sanabria had just come in from her ride and had hay on her dress and in her hair. She still had sweat on her forehead, which she wiped at impatiently. When the cook came back with her sandwich, she thanked him quickly and spun on her heels. Let's go!

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 PM

Mira giggled when Resa whispered to her then shot up out of seat at the Queens urgent words. Raising an eyebrow to Resa, Mira followed after the Queen. She wondered what was so important.

"It is very nice to meet you Arch." Madela said with a smile. When he spoke again she nodded. "Yes I am an archer." She didn't voice that she was a spy though. It wasn't good to have everyone know that you were a trained spy.

kionaredhawk

Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 PM

Archen smiles an easy smile, making him look even younger. "I thought as much. Personally, I prefer throwing knives then shooting arrows but yours is a skill that comes in handy in any case."
When they arrived at Sanabria's office, he knocked gently on the door.

idril
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 PM

Sanabria had just closed the door to her office when someone knocked.Oh, good, you're here, Archen. She was a little surprised when she saw Madela, but she shrugged it off. It's a good a time as any to bring you in on this, too, Madela. Have a seat. Sanabria sat in her chair behind her desk. She pulled out a few pieces of hay from her hair. I'm sure all of you have heard by now what's going on in Salais, she said. We need to discuss retaliation. Mira, Archen, Madela, you are closest to the fighting. I need a full report on the conditions at the front. Mira, I need for you to tell me how quickly we can get a small team behind their lines. I won't lie to you. We've been handicaped, however temporarily, by the loss of the port in Salais, but if we can distract them long enough to get our footing back, it won't do too much damage long term.

Last edited by idril; 01-12-2011 at 03:22 AM..

kionaredhawk

Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM

(Idril, you had to said to get Madela....:( sorry )

Archen came inside and sat down only after Sanabria did. He listened and looked at Mira as the queen had asked her to talk first. He started to form plans in his head, many getting discarded.

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM

The golden gaze of the younger male was able to keep up with the pattern of the king's assault enabling him to block the initial strike. Reacting to the feint, Seregil naturally went for a block but by the time he noticed that it was just a distraction to the real attack it was almost too late. Had his body not reacted and maneuvered the way it did he would have taken a direct hit in the shoulder but instead he managed to minimize the damage to a small cut on the shoulder by rolling through the strike at the last moment. As soon as he came out of his roll Saveyn launched a low spinning sweep that turned into a forward thrust. Then pulling back his thrust he fluidly linked the thrust to an arching downward slash meant to cut the king's armor from top to bottom. As soon as his blade hit the ground he brought it back up in the reverse motion of his last attack and spun into a forward thrust to finish his counter assault.

Artemis12
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 AM

Loragorn grinned in satisfaction as his attack hit his opponent. He had wanted to land a more solid hit but that would do for now. Surprised at how quickly Saveyn recovered he just barely managed to dodge the sweep and the thrust it turned in to. The downward slash came down on him and he moved back just the slightest as the tip of the spear grazed through his armor creating a small tear. Loragorn was impressed. If he hadn't been wearing the armor that might have been his chest. When the spear tip came back up and thrusted toward him Loragorn took his spear in both hands and used it to deflect the spear downwards. Once the metal tip was touching the ground Loragorn attempted to stomp on it to keep it down and then thrusted his spear towards Saveyn's right eye. If Saveyn didn't dodge the king had enough confidence in his skill to stop the tip before he injured his knight severly.

Marsyas

Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 AM

Saveyn was surprised he was managing so well against the king even though he was at a disadvantage but the challenge was what spurred him on. Loragorn had managed to evade most his attacks and remain unscathed until his last slash which only left a small cut in the armor, but what happened next almost caught the assassin by surprise. The king halted his spear by stepping on it and then thrusted his blade towards his eye and again his body reacted without him thinking. What Saveyn did even caught him by surprise, he caught the tip of the spear with his teeth and then smiled as he stared at the king wondering how he would react. Saveyn knew that he had reflexes that were second to none but even he hadn't suspected he would do something so... reckless, but nonetheless his body had reacted to him being in danger and this was the result. Speaking between his teeth as he held the tip of the spear and stared at Loragorn, "I think that maybe we have reached a good stopping point milord, don't you agree?"

Artemis12
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 AM

Loragorn was quite surprised at where his spear tip had ended up. He raised an eyebrow and chuckled before relaxing. "Yes, this is a great stopping point. Though might I make a suggestion that you never catch a spear in your mouth again. If I were truely your enemy I would have simply made you eat it." Loragorn continued to chuckle as he stepped off of Saveyn's spear and moved his own to his side.

"You've given me a good story to tell Lord Saveyn. I'm also glad to know that my knights are still the fiercest." Leaving the ring and putting his spear away he paused as he took off the armor to inspect the tear. Shaking his head he finished putting the armor away and then turned back to Saveyn, Maerad, and Maerad's guest. "If any of you want to you can meet me in the war room for afternoon tea and strategizing you're welcome to. You are also invited Tiala and yes I know you're there." The last part Loragorn called towards a particular shadowy corner of the room where the occasional glinting of metal had caught his eye. "Now if you'll escuse me." Loragorn said as he left the room to go freshen up after the spar.

Marsyas

Old 01-12-2011, 03:37 AM

"I'll keep that in mind next time I'm about to be stabbed in the eye with a spear your highness," the young lord joked. Pulling his spear to his side after the king released it from underneath his foot he watched for a moment as the crowd gave an applause to what probably had to appearance of a demonstration to them. Smiling to himself he walked away taking note of a few women who had their sights on him, but for once he had no interest in them. Taking off his armor he placed it back on its rack and did the same with the spear. Upon hearing Loragorn's words the male placed a hand over his heart as he took a bow, "You honor me your highness, and I will report to the strategy room when I've freshened up a bit." He gave a short curt nod to both Maerad and her guest as he retrieved his shirt and made an exit.

idril
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 AM

Maerad watched the ending of the battle with something akin to pride. She smiled to herself. When the king said they would go to the war room she turned to follow him.This is a good sign,Maerad told Aurelian.Remember, don't say anything unless he asks you a direct question. How much do you know about this war, anyway?she asked her companion.

Artemis12
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-12-2011, 04:32 AM

Aurelian nodded back at Saveyn as the knight walked by. It was an impressive sparr and Aurelian knew he wouldn't want to fight either warrior anytime soon. He got up and followed Maerad as she followed the king. Aurelian nodded as Maerad once again reminded him not to speak unless spoken to in front of the king. "Well I know we're in this war to take Zamora and create a mighty empire and that we're winning. That's about it. Oh, and that King Loragorn intends to marry Queen Sanabria to make a royal union of the two countries." Aurelian said with a shrug. He'd been more concerned with the news of the underworld than the war.

Loragorn held the door open to the war room for Maerad before leaving them to go to his private chambers to freshen up and change.

idril
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM

This'll be a learning experience for you then,she whispered to Aurelian with a wink. She smiled at Loragorn as she passed him into the room. She took a seat on the right side of the king's chair and poured herself some water.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 AM

Madela came in and sat down quietly. Confused a bit, Archen had told her the Queen wished to see her but she might have just forgotten. Glancing to Mira she waited for her instructor to speak.

Pondering her words for a second Mira tapped her chin. "I can gather a small team to go over the boundary and blend in, in a day or two. A day being my best thought. It wouldn't take to long and the team I would chose is right here. I myself could do it right now, but a small team will take more time. Is that alright my Queen?" Then thinking about her talk with Resa earlier she continued. "And as to the conditions about the front line, I was planning on making a ride out there tomorrow morning and seeing for myself up close."